Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one thing to say i would be carefull wat ppl say on this subject cause untill u have been there or felt that bad u dont know anything about it and words can mean alot to ppl that may have mental health problems,so plz just be carefull as i person who fulls into wat i have said the last comment hurt alot to be honest :-( x

No matter how you dress it Chrystal, suicide is a selfish act, its not brave or selfless...... you disregard how others would be affected by your death and ultimately kill yourself to ease your own pain while in the knowledge you will cause others the same pain. I have no respect or time for people who commit such acts and in my opinion will always be cowards who chose the easy way out, rather than choosing to face up to the harsh relaities of life.

If you read my post, I did say ... "it causes the people left behind extreeeemely messed up - more so than if someone passed 'normally'" so I didn't disregard how others would be affected. Actually silly me... I forget to count another acquaintance who took his life last month. He was quite well known in my town too who had a huge love of animals and children. He inhaled rat poison. But hey, he was about to be made bankrupt, lose his farm and the animals and consequently probably his wife and teenage daughter.... He thought his family would be better off without him and would release them from his personal bankruptcy. He took his life so his family could live one.

No doubt you'll think he was selfish.

I feel you are extremely insensitive. Maybe someone doesnt have or can't get the help to face realities of life.

U have already upset one person on this thread. Well done.

No matter how you dress it Chrystal, suicide is a selfish act, its not brave or selfless.
Perhaps self-centered is an apt description . . . . the person taking their life is so immersed in their own personal pain that they're either unable or simply unwilling to look outside their internal circle to see the effect such an act will have on their loved ones. I can understand the use of the word selfish, though. Especially when there are people behind who dearly loved the person who killed themselves - that's a horribly unfair pain to burden them with.

Perhaps self-centered is an apt description . . . . the person taking their life is so immersed in their own personal pain that they're either unable or simply unwilling to look outside their internal circle to see the effect such an act will have on their loved ones. I can understand the use of the word selfish, though. Especially when there are people behind who dearly loved the person who killed themselves - that's a horribly unfair pain to burden them with.

I like your point about people being unable (or possibly unwilling) to see the effect of such an act. Based on what I've read in the past, severely depressed people are usually unable to see how they're hurt their families and friends if they commit suicide. They might be so engrossed in their own pain that they can't see or care about the pain they'll cause, or they don't believe others would care.

Please, if anyone is feeling like suicide is a solution to the pain from losing Michael, or anything else that is going on in their life, seek help.

the people who do it are not selfish or stupid, they are people who are going through incredible pain and who need help and support! not just a few empty words but real support - that's the problem with the world nowadays everyone is selfish and likes to act all virtuous but nobody offers real support and compassion

yes it's so hard without him...every day I feel like I'm looking for something, I just can't find peace

I feel like that too. Im not suicidal but Ive been sleeping like 15-17 hours a day. I wake up just to bathe, eat a pb&j sandwich, come here, and go back to sleep. I keep hoping Ill wake up one day and this would all have been a really bad dream.

Before this happened I had been questioning my faith. So Im having a hard time, with what happens to you after you die. Plus, I read the "Atheist" thread, which added to me being sad and confused. If "lights out" is all that happens to you when you die, well thats just very disappointing and unsatisfying to me. :(

Last edited:
No matter how you dress it Chrystal, suicide is a selfish act, its not brave or selfless...... you disregard how others would be affected by your death and ultimately kill yourself to ease your own pain while in the knowledge you will cause others the same pain. I have no respect or time for people who commit such acts and in my opinion will always be cowards who chose the easy way out, rather than choosing to face up to the harsh relaities of life.

If your rather harsh opinion was actually productive, there would be no suicide. It doesn't work that way, and it's rather naive to think that calling suicidal people "selfish" will get anyone anywhere... or maybe you were just being selfish and not actually trying to help anyone. Harsh words? We can both do that. I'm sorry, but I find your opinion extremely offensive and most of all quite unnecessary. This is not a forum to discuss the moral ground of suicide, it's a forum to help those who simply do feel lost - you can call them wusses all you want, that's not going to change anything, so there goes your world-saving theory.

Unfortunately we don't all have the luxury of calling mental problems selfish, some of us have had to deal with them ourselves, or in loved ones, and believe me labling it the way you do is quick but not effective.

One of my best friends used to cut herself, I've known girls with eating disorders, my brother is schizophrenic and I grew up with a suicidal mother. All of these problems are self-centered, because it is a problem with the self. It is an illness of the self, just like a cold is an illness of the body. It is no choice, nothing to be ashamed of and surely nothing that can't be cured. Calling someone who's in bed with the flu selfish is exactly the same thing. It's an illness, it's always a choice to show it, but I'm always glad when people show it so we can all help and try to heal. Discouraging them isn't helping anyone, it just gets you off the hook quickly.

According to your theory, everyone who is depressed is a bad person. That is, essentially, what you are saying. And I find that offensive. Giving up on the wounded because they are bleeding is easy.

still missing.. :(

my friend is too. Im so worried about him and miss him alot!!

and is Michaelsguardianangel back yet? I was worried about her too.

Gosh, I really hope she's okay!!! This is so sad, please, if you're here MichaelMania, let us know. We're all concerned. I hope you're okay!

MIchael.Mania Please let us know you are alright. :(

Yes, please, MichaelMania... there are so many new and old friends who care and are thinking about you and hoping you are alright.

:( Come back please friend ... whatever happen we can go through together
remember Michael love us more

PLEASE DONT SAY THAT. We are all depressed but there's going to be more to life. Michael is not here with us, but we always have him and his music. Just think about how lucky and proud we are knowing Michael! WE ARE ALL SPECIAL who always believe in human kindness and keep on changing to be a better person. After Michael's gone, our mission is to make the world a better place. I believe he wants us to do that!

Mmmm, this is worrying indeed. Suicide is not the solvation. Michael would have wanted us to hang in here. Even he had many hard times I am sure he loved life. He wants us to love life just as much and hang on, even in hard times. He certainly knew he had many persons around him who loved him and I am sure we all know there are many people who love each and every one of us. Let stick together. Only then we can help eachother see the bright side of life and start loving life again... just as Mike started loving life again after all the trials and tripulations....knowing he would be seeing us again.....

We have to love life to the max as we know we will be seeing Michael again when our time has come....only higher power can decide on our time.....

the people who do it are not selfish or stupid, they are people who are going through incredible pain and who need help and support! Not just a few empty words but real support - that's the problem with the world nowadays everyone is selfish and likes to act all virtuous but nobody offers real support and compassion

Amen!!

bump?

please :(
think of your family/kids/friends anyone they will feel the worse with you gone... worse than you did with michael because they are your family.
you may be out of pain but now they are in pain :|

i really hope you didnt do this!

:boohoo

by looking at her posts and topics she's made..it does not look good

I went back and read her posts just now and I am afraid I agree with you. It looks bad :(. She kept talking about suicide before, I am very worried for this poster. The difference is that in her other posts, she spoke about suicide and then she would post again soon after and say that she decided not to do it. I'm concerned 'cause no one has heard from her since on here. I hope that maybe she has just decided to take time for herself and doesn't want to post. I really hope that's all it is. I wish there was a way for someone to get in contact and check on her. I hope she did not harm herself in any way. This is very sad and worrying.

Oh my goodness...I'm praying that she's ok. Please come back and let us know you're ok? :angel:

this is so sad. i feel that people that do it - add more grief. i dont blame them - not everybody is strong enough. but anyway it's like another wound.

i hope she's alive

I went back and read her posts just now and I am afraid I agree with you. It looks bad :(. She kept talking about suicide before, I am very worried for this poster. The difference is that in her other posts, she spoke about suicide and then she would post again soon after and say that she decided not to do it. I'm concerned 'cause no one has heard from her since on here. I hope that maybe she has just decided to take time for herself and doesn't want to post. I really hope that's all it is. I wish there was a way for someone to get in contact and check on her. I hope she did not harm herself in any way. This is very sad and worrying.

This thread is breaking my heart. We don't need more pain than we already have.

I'm also trying to hope she decided to take some time for herself.

MIchael.Mania, if you ever read this, just know that I and many others here care about you!

I pray for the OP. You may be hurting really bad right now, but so are all of us, and thousands and thousands of people around the world. Sometimes we may feel as though we want to die and rid us of this pain, but things will always get better, even if you don't believe it. Just look at all the responses on here to your post. All of these people care for you, even though we've never met you. You are cared for and loved by each one of us and we all worry about you every day.

Life is cruel, but I'm so happy that I got to live in the same era as Michael Jackson. There has never been anyone like him, and I'm so proud that I got to know him and experience his wonderful music and kindness while I could. Not everyone was so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back