Grammy's All-Star Tribute to T-25; MJ Reported to Attend/Not Perform

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Michael Jackson has nothing to do with this tribute?

what do you mean - Like Is he going to pay tribute to himself :D
The tribute it for him not from him .. It is rumoured he will be there
but there is no confirmation yet .. It going to be great to see him finally
be honored by the Grammy's which is long over due. It will be a good
thing wheather he is there or not - But would be very nice for us fans
if he were so we could see him .. I believe he will be there ... but
im not going to whine if he isnt. He has a reason for everything he is
doing now ... and we are not privy to it - Michael knows what he is
doing and why ... :) He's had lot of practice with this.

Last edited:
what do you mean - Like Is he going to pay tribute to himself :D
The tribute it for him not from him .. It is rumoured he will be there
but there is no confirmation yet .. It going to be great to see him finally
be honored by the Grammy's which is long over due. It will be a good
thing wheather he is there or not - But would be very nice for us fans
if he were so we could see him .. I believe he will be there ... but
im not going to whine if he isnt. He has a reason for everything he is
doing now ... and we are not privy to it - Michael knows what he is
doing and why ... :) He's had lot of practice with this.

I wonder if MJ knows about this.

People, just wait and you will see whats happening. okey ? If he will be there then he will but if he dosnt show up then life goes on ..

we all know that Michael Jackson is a busy man, he is working on new music for US! chill out everybody :).

Last edited:
Additional Performers Announced
February 7, 2008
(1 of 1 images )
2721_DaveKoz05_wireimage.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dave Koz[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Photo: WireImage.com[/FONT]
Tina Turner, Beyoncé, Eldar, Kid Rock, Dave Koz, Keely Smith added to 50th GRAMMY lineup
GRAMMY.com
(For a complete list of 50th GRAMMY Award nominees, please click here.)
In a signature GRAMMY moment, six-time GRAMMY winner Tina Turner will join current two-time nominee Beyoncé for a special performance; and jazz pianist Eldar, rap-rocker Kid Rock, jazz saxophonist Dave Koz and jazz/pop singer Keely Smith will also perform on the 50th Annual GRAMMY Awards telecast, it was announced today by The Recording Academy.

New presenters added to the telecast include current four-time nominee Akon, actor Jason Bateman, 14-time GRAMMY winner Tony Bennett, GRAMMY winner Cher, GRAMMY winner and current two-time nominee Nelly Furtado, two-time Academy Award winner Tom Hanks, 27-time GRAMMY winner and 50th GRAMMY Celebration Ambassador Quincy Jones, actor Joe Mantegna, six-time GRAMMY winner Prince, nine-time GRAMMY winner Ringo Starr, GRAMMY winner Dave Stewart and 25-time GRAMMY winner Stevie Wonder.
Akon, Nelly Furtado, Dave Koz and Taylor Swift are all nominees this year. Akon is nominated for four awards: Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals ("The Sweet Escape" with Gwen Stefani), Best R&B Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals ("Bartender" with T-Pain), Best Contemporary R&B Album (Konvicted) and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration ("I Wanna Love You" with Snoop Dogg).

GRAMMY winner Nelly Furtado is up for two awards: Best Female Pop Vocal Performance ("Say It Right") and Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals ("Give It To Me" with Timbaland and Justin Timberlake). Dave Koz has two nods for Best Pop Instrumental Performance ("Over The Rainbow") and Best Pop Instrumental Album (At The Movies). Taylor Swift is nominated for Best New Artist.

Previously announced performers include Beyoncé; Andrea Bocelli and Josh Groban; Feist; Fergie and John Legend; John Fogerty with Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard; Foo Fighters (with special guest conductor John Paul Jones); Herbie Hancock and Lang Lang (conducted by famed maestro John Mauceri); Alicia Keys; Brad Paisley; Carrie Underwood; 2008 MusiCares Person of the Year Aretha Franklin, the Clark Sisters, Israel And New Breed, and Trin-I-Tee 5:7; the casts of "The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil" and Across The Universe; and Rihanna with a reunited the Time.

Previously announced presenters include Chris Brown, Natalie Cole, Miley Cyrus, Juanes, Solange Knowles, Cyndi Lauper, George Lopez, Lyle Lovett, Ludacris and Bonnie Raitt.

The 50th Annual GRAMMY Awards will take place live on Sunday, Feb. 10, at Staples Center in Los Angeles and will be broadcast in HDTV and 5.1 surround sound on the CBS Television Networkfrom 8 – 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). The show also will be supported on radio via Westwood One worldwide and XM Satellite Radio, and covered online at GRAMMY.com.Additional performers, presenters and special segments will be announced soon.

http://www.grammy.com/GRAMMY_Awards/News/Default.aspx?newsID=2775&newsCategoryID=1

Last edited:

Sure he knows about the tribute -Im sure he was invited and'most likely has discussed it with the Grammy producers - Michael knows what going on ... he's not in the dark ..

Sure he knows about the tribute -Im sure he was invited and'most likely has discussed it with the Grammy producers - Michael knows what going on ... he's not in the dark ..

What if find so funny is that nobody knows if he may show up...

Well, a fan e-mailed Ms. Bain to asked her if MJ was going to be at the Grammys. Her response was basically "discussions are ongoing". So, I believe MJ does know about it.

What if find so funny is that nobody knows if he may show up

Maybe that is what MJ wanted. Think about it: we have no clue, for sure, if MJ is going to be there or going to perform. Maybe he wants us to guess.

All I know is that MJ is a genius. Everyone is talking about him, every media outlet is spreading the rumour. If he doesn't perform or even show up then he's even more of a genius. Because it shows he doesn't have to actually do anything to get loads of attention. He knows how to play the media better than anyone.

Word. That is one of the reasons that he is stilll being talked about. Mike is amazing in what he does.

F*** THA GRAMMIES, its going to be crap and I'm not watching. ONCE AGAIN It it gives me another reason for not watching... I might give that show a peek BUT thats it.

F*** THA GRAMMIES, its going to be crap and I'm not watching. ONCE AGAIN It it gives me another reason for not watching... I might give that show a peek BUT thats it.

chillout haha. Noone is begging you to watch. The grammys is the best award show in the world. I found it very interesting :).

All I know is that MJ is a genius. Everyone is talking about him, every media outlet is spreading the rumour. If he doesn't perform or even show up then he's even more of a genius. Because it shows he doesn't have to actually do anything to get loads of attention. He knows how to play the media better than anyone.

Not really and not always -- you saw what happened at the WMAs -- lots of hype and attention before the show, then it all ended up being very anti-climactic to say the least, and eventually MJ ended up getting a ton of bad publicity. So, you can't always "play the media" -- sometimes it backfires.

Not really and not always -- you saw what happened at the WMAs -- lots of hype and attention before the show, then it all ended up being very anti-climactic to say the least, and eventually MJ ended up getting a ton of bad publicity. So, you can't always "play the media" -- sometimes it backfires.

I am not trying to get on you, but the media were the ones that assumed that MJ was going to perform. MJ told Extra Tv that he was not performing in that award show. The media looked stupid and, imo, started to trash MJ because they believed their own lies. So, that whole situation had nothing to do with MJ.

I am not trying to get on you, but the media were the ones that assumed that MJ was going to perform. MJ told Extra Tv that he was not performing in that award show. The media looked stupid and, imo, started to trash MJ because they believed their own lies. So, that whole situation had nothing to do with MJ.

By the time he denied the rumor it was too late -- it has already spread all over the place. And that's my point -- sometimes situations like this can backfire.

Thats so showing how pathetic the media r!!! lol. they think they know evertything but they totally dont!

I don't think MJ got a TON of bad publicity though. LOL Only on the fan boards did i see/hear tons of backlash...really.

Come on now, it was all over the newspapers and Internet for days. Hell, they still mention it in some articles.

Well all I can say is that Micheal need to do something that is worth a try to make a performance that all up to nothing.

I'm sorry, but i'm not too excited about this "All Star Tribute". I don't wanna see Akon, Fergie and whoever else ruining classic songs.

Ehhh i dont remember it.

I guess wannabe is right...after the trial anything else is trivial lol

yeah it is trivial, but it DID happen. it lasted for a while. "MJ COMEBACK FAILS - COULNT HIT THE HIGH NOTES - GOT STAGEFRIGHT - KING OF FLOP"

alll that crap. media will be media.

I call it "Younger artists murders the classics!" :D

:lol: MadTV needs to do another skit like that except parodie Akon and 'em this time instead of Whitney lol. Too bad this whole Thriller 25 project aint a joke , oh how I wish lol. Okay let me stop now :p.

my favourite part in his last message is when he says "there is much more to come from Michael Jackson". i read it like "i'm really proud of Thriller but this is the past and i'm looking into the future because the best is yet to come". I think it's really wise and in time to start with the Thriller. i adore the quote mello has in the signature and but the comeback to the public is really hard after such difficult times. so starting with Thriller is just great. and i will buy a copy for me and my friends. to show my support. cause i dont like Akon. his voice and matter are just not my cup of tea. but it doesnt matter.
so if Michael chooses not to appear at Grammy it would be ok. From one side i like when they show respect and adoration to him but from the other side the word "legend" has something with the past and someone who's really old. Michael isnt.
so i'm happy to see him collecting awards for Thriller but i would be really really happy to see him collecting awards for a new album. this would really matter. and that's why i'm just sitting and waiting for Grammy. if he appears - fine. if not and they want to give him a special achievement award - fine - he will probably send a message. i'm ready to wait for a new album till forever, cause i'm so happy that he's working again and lives his life.

:lol: MadTV needs to do another skit like that except parodie Akon and 'em this time instead of Whitney lol. Too bad this whole Thriller 25 project aint a joke , oh how I wish lol. Okay let me stop now :p.

Well, you could look at the bright side. They aren't going to technically be singing the songs, but instead doing some remixes or somethin'. :lol:

This ain't that bad. We get "For All Time" (which sounds like a totally different song remastered) and if you buy the Japanese version you get that AND "Got The Hots" which IS hot, WAY hot, if you've heard the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back