Handwritten MJ Note -- I'm Gonna 'Make Huge $'

Whatever. I would be happy if it was that simple as you say. But it is NOT. The guy was framed and forced to do something he did not want to, because he did not have another choice. In 2008 he did not control anything and in 2009 he was dead.

PS.Karen Faye sometimes does not know what she is talking about but I would listen to her just in case if there is something logical may come out.

the most logical thing is that Michael was never going to discuss his business with an old hag who loves to sit on every man's lap !

the most logical thing is that Michael was never going to discuss his business with an old hag who loves to sit on every man's lap !

I think it is not nice to say something like that about Karen or anybody else. We all will get old eventually. Nobody stays in this world forever.

and it is nice of her to call Mj idiot and fool all the time ,,,, she is only a Z list make up artist , what does she know about Business ! where are her companies and make up lines!' she is a big mouth loser who try her best to make Mj look like a stupid zombie running around with his pills in hand....

MJ is a brilliant Businessman and this note shows that she is a liar and the people who pay her to say all this shit about MJ will end up in jail broke and crazy !

Ohood;3157260 said:
i guess the situation after MJ's death is more complicated and difficult than before it ...

without MJ alive the estate will have to pay money for every MJ unreleased song and every image from his previous videos and every musical note in his old albums,,,the estate will end up paying most of MJ's income to Sony....

if MJ was alive he could make new music and make new videos and replicate his melodies and his music in the way HE likes ,,,but with the Estate they need to have Sony approval for every single dicision....

I think ,,,The estae were very smart by making a short living contract ( 7 years) and make use of alot of MJ treasures especially that the kids are young and not able to support themselves , and the debt was threatining his other assests!
Why did Sony pay lot´s of money to the estate to distribute these 10 projects with videos, unrealesed songs, remake of off the wall etc if they owned the material?

The thread is going off topic here, can we talk about the note please not Michael's relationship with Sony.

Why did he wanted to talk to Universal?! Was he still busy with the movie industry or is this about a new Thriller (3D). Does someone know?

Why did he wanted to talk to Universal?! Was he still busy with the movie industry or is this about a new Thriller (3D). Does someone know?

i remember there has been rumors for a year or 2 about him talking to universal about a record deal amongst other things. it popped up a few times in gossip rumours etc back then

The guy was framed and forced to do something he did not want to, because he did not have another choice. In 2008 he did not control anything...
so thats why he turned down the 02 offer several times b4 accepting

I don't understand how you could be so sure of this.
they are a conspiracy theorist

MIST;3157606 said:
Why did Sony pay lot´s of money to the estate to distribute these 10 projects with videos, unrealesed songs, remake of off the wall etc if they owned the material?

the estate could have waited until they got the masters back in a year or two and then sell to the highest bidder (as the media reports mentioned b4 they signed with sony) not only stuff mj did after 03 when his contract with sony was over but also all the other stuff. sony bought the right to distrubute the new releases they dint buy the rights to the actual music etc thats all owed by the estate. it was mentioned in articles at the time when the deal was anounced. it was an distrubution deal nothing else

The Universal and Warner thing is referring to plans he had of live updates and specials he was going to do via the web whilst on tour.

I think Warner/Universal doesn't prove he didn't want to work with Sony. It's probably only about the publishing rights? Didn't Warner or Universal administer them?

Money isn´t everything but it talks.
After all Michael had been through , he´s the only one who easy could have sold out at least 100 concerts in London.
It´s true he was going to make huge $
I know he was a humble man but I think he must have felt good being back in the top again despite what other people had done to him.

Feel same as you guys...heartbreaking. Only positive thing though is it seems as if Michael wanted to do all this and wasn't being forced by others.

I agree there's nothing wrong with wanting to make big $.

Before he agreed to do these shows (after they asked him a second time), Michael was talking about just doing big concerts in Africa and help raise money for them. But then, as he got caught up with this whole TII thing, the talk about him performing in Africa grew less and less.

That was an idea he initially had he was talking about himself. I don't know how they talked him into the TII concerts....

So what I think is that he was already going to perform, but for Africa, in Africa. But aeg just wanted him for some reason....And thus, the 10 shows were announced.

Last edited:
Michael Jackson spent a lot of his money for good things, helping people so of course nothing wrong with that.

That's why it angers me when people mock him that he was broke. They are clueless.

That was an idea he initially had he was talking about himself. I don't know how they talked him into the TII concerts.....

Im getting the feeling that TII was used only to get the bros involved. Yes i know it may seem like it from the movie but behind the scences i think was what was happening

Our guy's "This Is It" concert series announcement made "huge money" shoot through Ticketmaster causing the website to crash, and his announcement also caused "huge money" to shoot through the airline industry and hotels as well.

So, let's look at what he wrote in another way.

Make Huge $ flow....

Whether many realize it, or not, MJ actually helped the world out with his concert series announcement.

Thanks for that jolt, Michael. It was just what the global economy needed. Before you made your announcement, the world was frozen in fear and not traveling hardly or doing anything that causes the masses to make the money flow. Your announcement got people all across the globe excited and made them want to jump on planes and spend some money to have fun again. Your announcement was just what the global economy needed to get the money to start flowing again. Thank you, Michael. You always knew how to get people to do things that they didn't think they could.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Michael Jackson spent a lot of his money for good things, helping people so of course nothing wrong with that.

That's why it angers me when people mock him that he was broke. They are clueless.

Exactly, Michael's lawyer, Peter Lopez said in 2009 that the talk of Michael being broke was "hogwash".

And there's plently of other factors that shows he wasn't broke as well.

Also, they say he wanted to do all these TII shows for money, and yet, they had to ask him twice to do it. And even before he gave in to them, as I mentioned before, he inititally wanted to make money for Africa, not for himself. This man wasn't broke.

I think Michael could have shared his message to take care of the planet in the Africa charity concerts he initially wanted to do.

Last edited:
He better had been paid big for such a huge task he had to honor.......

Can you provide a link regarding him wishing to tour in Africa, Kasume, haven't heard about this and it's interesting. Thanks.

Sorry if this has been already posted. I found this very interesting article about Michael's financial situation.I don't know what this guy knows but based on his article some of the things that have been told about MJ's financials,may not be true (What a surprise).

Here it is:

Michael Jackson - Money, Myth and the Mainstream Media
By Larry T Carter

News media accounts that Michael Jackson was "debt-ridden", without providing further explanation, gave the impression that the King of Pop's financial situation was something the general public could identify with or readily understand.

But far from it. Jackson's so-called "massive debt" was something that hardly any of us will ever be fortunate enough to experience. I dare say most in the general public have never heard of Jackson's category of indebtedness, better known by some as "acquisition debt".

Acquisition debt involves multi-million dollar purchases of ventures where a significant percentage of the purchase price is financed through "leverage" borrowing. The assets of the acquired company are used as collateral for the borrowed capital.

When Northern Songs - a music catalog holding thousand of songs, including the Beatles' back catalog - was put up for sale, Jackson took immediate interest in the catalog. He was warned that he would face strong competition. "I don't care. I want those songs," Jackson said to his entertainment attorney John G Branca. "Get me those songs, Branca."

Jackson eventually beat the rest of the competition, including Paul McCartney, in negotiations for the Northern Songs catalog, which lasted 10 months. He evenually purchased the catalog for $47.5 million.

Jackson used equity in his own catalog, MIJAC, along with the acquired assets from Northern Songs for loan qualification, with the newly acquired assets structured for equity to flow towards servicing the debt.

In 1995, Jackson merged his Northern Songs catalog with Sony's publishing division creating Sony/ATV Music Publishing. This deal gave Jackson half ownership in Northern Songs as well as half ownership in Sony/ATV. It also included distribution rights to thousands of more songs. With the merger, Sony/ATV became the third largest music publishing venture in the world. Both Jackson and the Sony people were equal partners and vowed to become the world's largest catalog.

Late in 2001, Jackson and Sony acquired Tony Martin's Baby Mae Music catalog of 600 songs.

In July 2002, they bought country music publisher Acuff-Rose for $157 million. The venture included publishing rights to 55,000 songs.

And in November 2007, Jackson and Sony bought Famous Music LLC from Viacom. This deal gave the King of Pop rights to songs by Eminem (a C-rated entertainer who once made light of him), Shakira and Beck, among others. The venture included the assumption of a $30 million debt. They purchased the business for $370 million.

Bottom line. If Jackson was debt ridden, it makes more sense to believe his indebtedness of "$500,000,000" resulted from acquiring multi-million dollar ventures, and not, as media myth makers would have it, "lavish spending."

http://ezinearticles.com/?Michael-Jackson---Money,-Myth-and-the-Mainstream-Media&id=2779807

Sorry if this has been already posted. I found this very interesting article about Michael's financial situation.I don't know what this guy knows but based on his article some of the things that have been told about MJ's financials,may not be true (What a surprise).

Here it is:

Michael Jackson - Money, Myth and the Mainstream Media
By Larry T Carter

News media accounts that Michael Jackson was "debt-ridden", without providing further explanation, gave the impression that the King of Pop's financial situation was something the general public could identify with or readily understand.

But far from it. Jackson's so-called "massive debt" was something that hardly any of us will ever be fortunate enough to experience. I dare say most in the general public have never heard of Jackson's category of indebtedness, better known by some as "acquisition debt".

Acquisition debt involves multi-million dollar purchases of ventures where a significant percentage of the purchase price is financed through "leverage" borrowing. The assets of the acquired company are used as collateral for the borrowed capital.

When Northern Songs - a music catalog holding thousand of songs, including the Beatles' back catalog - was put up for sale, Jackson took immediate interest in the catalog. He was warned that he would face strong competition. "I don't care. I want those songs," Jackson said to his entertainment attorney John G Branca. "Get me those songs, Branca."

Jackson eventually beat the rest of the competition, including Paul McCartney, in negotiations for the Northern Songs catalog, which lasted 10 months. He evenually purchased the catalog for $47.5 million.

Jackson used equity in his own catalog, MIJAC, along with the acquired assets from Northern Songs for loan qualification, with the newly acquired assets structured for equity to flow towards servicing the debt.

In 1995, Jackson merged his Northern Songs catalog with Sony's publishing division creating Sony/ATV Music Publishing. This deal gave Jackson half ownership in Northern Songs as well as half ownership in Sony/ATV. It also included distribution rights to thousands of more songs. With the merger, Sony/ATV became the third largest music publishing venture in the world. Both Jackson and the Sony people were equal partners and vowed to become the world's largest catalog.

Late in 2001, Jackson and Sony acquired Tony Martin's Baby Mae Music catalog of 600 songs.

In July 2002, they bought country music publisher Acuff-Rose for $157 million. The venture included publishing rights to 55,000 songs.

And in November 2007, Jackson and Sony bought Famous Music LLC from Viacom. This deal gave the King of Pop rights to songs by Eminem (a C-rated entertainer who once made light of him), Shakira and Beck, among others. The venture included the assumption of a $30 million debt. They purchased the business for $370 million.

Bottom line. If Jackson was debt ridden, it makes more sense to believe his indebtedness of "$500,000,000" resulted from acquiring multi-million dollar ventures, and not, as media myth makers would have it, "lavish spending."

http://ezinearticles.com/?Michael-Jackson---Money,-Myth-and-the-Mainstream-Media&id=2779807

This makes a lot of sense and some of us have been saying this before.

I hate to see these little notes being auctioned... I think they should be gathered and kept for an MJ museum...
Yes, thats exactly what i think, its a shame to waste these notes, when they are actually treasures, its Michaels's handwriting... its part of the last genius plan...

I thought Acuff Rose was purchased around the same time as Northern Music. No? Isnt that how he acquired Lil Richard's songs?

This make me want to cry even more. MJ wanted to live and he had big plans.

Back