Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single - NOT CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single (January 11, 2011)- NOT CONFIRMED

Hollywood Tonight is an instant HIT...NO DOUBT.

How much before release are singles usually announced?

There are no confirmations regarding this. Damien over at MaxJax stated this:

Those hoping for an announcement about a single please don't get your hopes up. I confirmed for you all last week that there was NO truth to the "Jan 11 hollywood tonight" rumor and that at that time there was no plans in place at all.

That's not to say it won't eventually be a single, but right now it's not planned. No singles are planned.

these morons get paid 6 figures to make terrible decisions. "hollywood tonight" will flop as a single. "monster" is the best option, but instead they expect a song with a spoken bridge by someone that isnt even Mj to be a hit. :no:

I'd rather that than an entire song that isn't MJ (in my opinion ;P)

There are no confirmations regarding this. Damien over at MaxJax stated this:

Those hoping for an announcement about a single please don't get your hopes up. I confirmed for you all last week that there was NO truth to the "Jan 11 hollywood tonight" rumor and that at that time there was no plans in place at all.

That's not to say it won't eventually be a single, but right now it's not planned. No singles are planned.

BBC Radio 2 here in the UK played "hollywood tonight" twice today, once between 10-11am and then again this afternoon between 2-4. Their website has the album listed on their "B" playlist, only the album name....

BBC Radio 2 here in the UK played "hollywood tonight" twice today, once between 10-11am and then again this afternoon between 2-4. Their website has the album listed on their "B" playlist, only the album name....

I noticed that too. They've been playing it a lot recently.

Hollywood Tonight is an instant HIT...NO DOUBT.

I also agree , one of the best and most funky song on the album !! :)

Dear Mods:

As Jan 11 has already passed, could you update the title of this thread to:

Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single - NOT CONFIRMED

I also agree , one of the best and most funky song on the album !! :)

Yes i cant wait for a single:punk::punk::punk::punk:

If I were Sony/Estate I would release 4 more commercial singles and 2 promo singles:

Hollywood Tonight 18.1.
Another Day 15.3.
Behind The Mask 17.5.
Much Too Soon 25.6. (Promo, radio only)
Monster 12.7.
Best Of Joy 29.8. (Promo, radio only)

it would be such a shame if people don't hear Hollywood Tonight, Best Of Joy, Another Day, and yes, even Monster - because these are the more recent songs of Michael's which would be hits if promoted, I am sure. I pray that at least 2 more singles will be released... It's Michael Jackson. He deserved for his music to be loved, these songs are really good... :(

I think a bigger tragedy is that some of the absolute gems on Invincible were never heard by the general public. There were a handful of classics, at least...and I do mean classics.

I think a bigger tragedy is that some of the absolute gems on Invincible were never heard by the general public. There were a handful of classics, at least...and I do mean classics.

wow i totally agree! I know this is a little off topic but Ive been meaning to get that off my chest too cause recently i fell in love with invincible all over and realized what a tragedy it is that no one really gave this diamond in the rough the respect and credibility it deserves. i LOOOOOOOVE invincible , from heart breaker's innovative sound and complexity to invincibles haunting chorus to privacy's pop-rock powerhouse sound , to speech-less's psychedelic melody that just sounds like an angle singing. I can go on and on about the songs on invincible. little people know about them. It really shows now that michael was always ahead of his time cause for me personally i feel these songs are more present today than ever. I always wondered what invincible would have turned out to be if their was promotion, music videos and performances of the songs. Its a real shame he didn't get to extend the life of invincible due to the Sony situation cause i truly believe it would have rocked the charts if it was properly launched. Most of the general public doesn't even know this record exists and if they do they automatically think its a "flop" from all the negative reviews and low sales standards it generated (for Michale's expectations anyway). Although i am glad billboard named it "album of the decade". I still recommend everyone go and listen to the album again , i rediscovered one of my definite top 3 michael Jackson albums ever personally. Oh and remember what mike said , "True art lives forever".

Last edited:

Totally agree, don't know why SONY doesn't promote more single releases, surely in time it would generate more album sales, I just want the general public to hear more Michael Jackson radio play, just like it was back in the 80's.

I just read in another forum that a promo single for The Way That You Love me has been distributed to one of the main stations in France. Not sure what this means. Perhaps, they are testing the market?

I just read in another forum that a promo single for The Way That You Love me has been distributed to one of the main stations in France. Not sure what this means. Perhaps, they are testing the market?

I am reading all kind of contradictory information about any possible second single in this very forum.

Is there any real, really REAL information about the next single? Or not?
:bored:

I am reading all kind of contradictory information about any possible second single in this very forum.

Is there any real, really REAL information about the next single? Or not?
:bored:
I don't think so. It's not even sure if there is a next single at all..

I really hope not! Not a good choice at all.

thread cleaned - no talk of Cascio songs please

I really hope not! Not a good choice at all.

Actually, with Valentine's Day around the corner, it would probably be a really good choice. Definitely the smoothest jam on the album.

God, I cannot get over how good this song is! Only an IDIOT would not release it. I am 100% sure that had Michael put it on his new album, he would deffo make it a single. Ah, how nice that would be :(

Perhaps Sony don't think there are enough fans 'loyal' to this album or its singles to bother?

Perhaps they think there is too much drama, and they should just 'cash in' on his catalogue instead?

I wouldn't blame them to be honest.

I really think the estate and sony only have themselves to blame for this mess.

I miss Michael. All of this reminds me how Sony handled Invincible. This is not the way to treat Michael and his fans. SONY IS EVIL :tickingtimebomb

Perhaps Sony don't think there are enough fans 'loyal' to this album or its singles to bother?

Perhaps they think there is too much drama, and they should just 'cash in' on his catalogue instead?

I wouldn't blame them to be honest.

are you trying to press non-belivers?
come on, it's business, they'll release the next single when it will be the most commercially profitable, probably somewhere after a week and a half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back