Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single - NOT CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single (January 11, 2011)- NOT CONFIRMED

it looks like Sony is taking some pleasure to kill the lasts studio efforts from MJ. They want to keep him in the 80's...

Invincible, Michael : same story !

you didn't miss anything because nothing happened...and here is the problem : nothing happens and nothing will happen.

OK. :unsure:

He thinks "Hollywood Tonight" won't be selected as a single because Taryll has publicly turned against the compilation "Michael" as a whole (="hater").

To be fair, Taryll is not against the whole album. He supports Hold My Hand 100%. He is not a hater. Please think twice before labelling people "haters".

On the other hand, Teddy's tweets are getting annoying.

To be fair, Taryll is not against the whole album. He supports Hold My Hand 100%. He is not a hater. Please think twice before labelling people "haters".

On the other hand, Teddy's tweets are getting annoying.

Please don't get me wrong. I was not labelling him "hater". I was explaining what Teddy Riley meant with "hater" (in his latest Twitter tweet).
I myself didn't call anyone "hater". Okay?

;)

Last edited:

Teddey riley on twitter: Ma I don't now based on what's going on. I don't think my mix for Hollywood will be used. I have a hater in the mix.

:yawn: Whatever. I'm so tired of cryptic tweets.

Hollywood Tonight would be the best pick for the next single IMO, I looooove the song! I don't even mind the spoken part. But I don't see anything coming out anytime soon, since there hasn't been an official confirmation. If there was a single to be released tomorrow, I'm sure we'd have more information by now.

Geez this is so annoying. Teddy's tweets too..

I doubt there will be another single release. I think Sony will 'cut their loses' with this project, after all the negativity.

It's possible we will never see another 'new' single (or album) from MJ. What's the point? Plenty of people will now be willing to believe it is not him singing it - whatever the 'proof'.

The seed has been well and truly sown - when it comes to 'new' MJ material - as far as the public is concerned, and I don't think there is any coming back from this debacle.

It's a shame that all we have left to look forward to now is yet another re-packaged 'Thriller' ("50th Anniversary' Release! With 'never seen before photos' and MJ playing spoons on a demo of 'The Girl Is Mine'!!"), and "King Of Pop - The Best of the B-Sides!".

It could have been oh so different.

What's the point? Plenty of people will now be willing to believe it is not him singing it - whatever the 'proof'.

The seed has been well and truly sown - when it comes to 'new' MJ material - as far as the public is concerned, and I don't think there is any coming back from this debacle.

Stop be silly.

The public isn't aware of the "scandal" that we have going on within the community.

My wife watched the Oprah special with me and couldn't even figure out what the big deal was, she doesn't have a trained Mj ear and either does the majority of the public.

The controversy didn't stop this album from being number 1, the lack of promotion did.

Stop be silly.

The public isn't aware of the "scandal" that we have going on within the community.

My wife watched the Oprah special with me and couldn't even figure out what the big deal was, she doesn't have a trained Mj ear and either does the majority of the public.

The controversy didn't stop this album from being number 1, the lack of promotion did.

yes:yes:

Still no news?

Stop be silly.

i disagree. Every single media article i've read about the album has mentioned the controversy. The media slags it off and the people believe it just like they always believe rubbish. I've read so many comments on here about people having friends who are non-fans and have said it 'didn't sound like mj' and so didn't buy it.
THe lack of promotion was a huge part of it but the album still could of done well based simply on the fans (because there are so many of us) When the FANS don't even buy the album..u've got the situation right now.

MJ said in the Ebony interview that the most powerful promotion is talking and recommending to each other. He said that if a friend recommended an artist he'd pay more attention. Considering the debate going on here..ain't much word of mouth happening at all..

sorry to rant..

Stop be silly.

You must have your head in the sand. I have yet to read one single article that does not mention it!

Evert sales outlet that has 'customer reviews' mentions it, Amazon, HMV, Play, etc., and every music review mentions it. Do you think the general public doesn't read? Do you think these reviews are there just for fun?

Believe me, the constant negativity - from press and 'fans' - has lowered the sales of this album for sure. I don't see why Sony would waste any more money on promoting another single for people who don't want it or deserve it.

I don't really undesrtand this last tweet from Teddy Riley

Rino555 Rino Nemarnik
@TeddyRiley1 What is going on Teddy? Hollywood Tonight is the best track on the album and HAS TO be the second single! **** the haters!

Teddy Riley1
@Rino555 It is fam...No worries they're finally giving me my just do. Thank god!!!

I don't really undesrtand this last tweet from Teddy Riley

Rino555 Rino Nemarnik
@TeddyRiley1 What is going on Teddy? Hollywood Tonight is the best track on the album and HAS TO be the second single! **** the haters!

Teddy Riley1
@Rino555 It is fam...No worries they're finally giving me my just do. Thank god!!!

Thank God!!! Now we can expect Hollywood to be released any time soon..

Great news.

But it will not be released january 11th...

Great news.

But it will not be released january 11th...

Probably January 18, 2011 then.. just my opinion..

Re: Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single (January 11, 2011)

What difference does it make? They're both good songs, I'm confident both will be released as singles before the publicity of this album dies down.

They're both mediocre songs IMO, especially Monster. Sounds like a N'Sync reject.

maybe end of january, or february, or march also possible ;)

I just hope they have the video ready in time for the release

i hope they edit out the talk from the track.. besides that cant wait!

IMO, the song could have been even better if the "now it's back to reality for Miss Hollywood" would kick straight into the chorus again, just kick into "she's going Hollywood..." and then after that chorus end it with the whistling. Maybe a single edit? Wishful thinking...?

Aweeesome! Thank god it is the next single, finalllllyyyyy.

I am looking forward to the release of this single :D

some great news!!!

Probably January 18, 2011 then.. just my opinion..

That would be perfect. I think it just would be great if the song is charting when Murray's trial will begin. It's back to the reality for this Doctor Death.

Cool, so it's almost 100% sure that "Hollywood Tonight" is the next single ... ?? :)

these morons get paid 6 figures to make terrible decisions. "hollywood tonight" will flop as a single. "monster" is the best option, but instead they expect a song with a spoken bridge by someone that isnt even Mj to be a hit. :no:

^
And the complaining goes ever on...

R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back