Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single - NOT CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single (January 11, 2011)- NOT CONFIRMED

Whether it is or not we will have to wait and see. Until its been confirmed by Sony its just a rumour.

Yes, i just hope that they release this track , one of my favorites :)

Me too. I'd rather have that released over Monster any day! If Teddy Riley has tweeted he has remixed the song this is a good sign its gonna be a single. :D

I thought we had people that had connections with someone inside sony? Why don't they know anything?

Specially when I read about a date called january 11th???

Knowing Sony we will get a press release 2 hours before it turns to 11th Jan saying its ready as a single :lol:

heheh yeah, about Vision & Michael I recieved an email 2 days after I bought it or something like that...

htsingle.jpg

:D

Who says THIS picture is Hollywood ? ? ? ? ? ? They better can take a picture with the HOLLYWOOD lettering on the rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

Something like this

531_hollywood.jpg

where do people know its going to be released on 11th january??
i thought the release of HT is still a rumour?

My take:
5hollywoodtonight.jpg

Maybe a night version of this, like djvernon's.

Unusual for an MJ cover, but 'eye-catchy'...

I hope it is, but it was said that Monster was next to be released wasn't it ?? I love HT though probably one of my favourites after behind the mask and best of joy

Re: Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single (January 11, 2011)

it's definitely my favourite. Glad it's gonna be released as a single. Though I don't really care that much unless there's going to be a music video.

and it should be a very creative video

Oh, come on, do you really believe that?

They couldn't even be bothered to promote HMH right and that was the lead single. The video was out way after the single had peaked in most countries, there was minimal TV or magazine coverage about the album.

They clearly aren't bothered about promoting it and I'm actually quite happy about that. As a fan I just want this whole thing to go away. I'm ashamed of the album because of the three fake songs and am more than happy to watch the album fade into obscurity. Michael deserved better than this piss-poor cock-up and any fan with their head screwed on will know what I'm talking about. It is NOT Michael's fans who've let him down, it is his estate and it is Sony AGAIN.

I'm so so sad to say it, but I'm beginning to agree with you. I'm so disappointed that they did this to Michael.

Oh, come on, do you really believe that?

They couldn't even be bothered to promote HMH right and that was the lead single. The video was out way after the single had peaked in most countries, there was minimal TV or magazine coverage about the album.

They clearly aren't bothered about promoting it and I'm actually quite happy about that. As a fan I just want this whole thing to go away. I'm ashamed of the album because of the three fake songs and am more than happy to watch the album fade into obscurity. Michael deserved better than this piss-poor cock-up and any fan with their head screwed on will know what I'm talking about. It is NOT Michael's fans who've let him down, it is his estate and it is Sony AGAIN.

I've always said Sony let the album down with its promotion or lack of promotion and it left me frustrated as a fan how this could be done to Michael. I saw the album ad a couple of times on TV but that was it. So many people I know didn't even know an album was coming out. Compare it to Experience that has sold a lot which was heavily promoted. Ads, posters, everything and its sold a hell of a lot. I was in Tesco earlier on and the girl in front of me had the game in her hand. Sony could have learnt something from Ubisoft about promotion. I don't know how HMH did as well as it did in the UK, I haven't seen the video once, and its not Michael's popularity fading. In the UK Number Ones was number 16 in the album chart whereas 'Michael' dropped heavily. Its just frustrating as Michael did not deserve this.

The only thing I disagree with you Matt is your earlier post about Monster being released. Yes its a controversial song but it arguably has the most mainstream appeal with it being up tempo and 50 Cent's involvement. Personally I just thing Monster would be a big hit. As much as I love HT its quite clear its unfinished and a lot of people will pick that up.

I've tried and tried to get into Monster, but I just can't.

I've always said Sony let the album down with its promotion or lack of promotion and it left me frustrated as a fan how this could be done to Michael. I saw the album ad a couple of times on TV but that was it. So many people I know didn't even know an album was coming out. Compare it to Experience that has sold a lot which was heavily promoted. Ads, posters, everything and its sold a hell of a lot. I was in Tesco earlier on and the girl in front of me had the game in her hand. Sony could have learnt something from Ubisoft about promotion. I don't know how HMH did as well as it did in the UK, I haven't seen the video once, and its not Michael's popularity fading. In the UK Number Ones was number 16 in the album chart whereas 'Michael' dropped heavily. Its just frustrating as Michael did not deserve this.

The only thing I disagree with you Matt is your earlier post about Monster being released. Yes its a controversial song but it arguably has the most mainstream appeal with it being up tempo and 50 Cent's involvement. Personally I just thing Monster would be a big hit. As much as I love HT its quite clear its unfinished and a lot of people will pick that up.

Where i live there wasn't a promotion for either Vision,Experience or Michael.Nothing at all to this day. But i have seen a lot of promotion for other artist who belong to Sony. I don't think that another single is going to be released. They ruined the whole project. I just wonder why did Michael's people signed with Sone again. I think an other company would have respected his work and preserved his legacy better. Sony is not going to do that. Very bad choice.

I think Monster is great and it could probably be an instant hit, but you know, that voice...

Sony knows how to promote a product. If anything, Sony is probably one of the best marketers in the world. Sony wouldn't be such a well-known global name brand if they don't know nothing about marketing and communication. The question is whether Sony is willing to spend money and resources on this particular project. Obviously, Sony is not interested in releasing a phenomenal album. They saved the stronger songs and held back. They just want to make a profit with minimal budget. They don't want to risk additional investment for higher return.

Well I listened to The Mic LP and I think that all Michael songs that has his voice should all be singles.I love Hollywood Tonight.If I was to put out the 1st single, it would be Hollywood to make us smile and dance but everyone wanted HMH and I think the extra track on the Cd should be the one we heard leaked w no Orchestra and added vocals. I know it's on the single. and Best of Joy is so Beautiful.I think Best Of Joy should be sung by Janet.It has her flavor all over it. Behind The Mask is great but I would rather hear it without the added new arrangements,The original is what I want to hear but it's still grooves and It's Mike.We all Know about the updated version of HMH, I appreciated what Akon did by putting more of Mike's vocals and adding an Orchestra and Choir but doesn't it give you the shivers when you hear Mike near the end? Well anything hoo peeps,I think Hollywood Tonight would be great as the Second single.

Teddey riley on twitter: Ma I don't now based on what's going on. I don't think my mix for Hollywood will be used. I have a hater in the mix.

What on earth is he on about now? :unsure:

Teddey riley on twitter: Ma I don't now based on what's going on. I don't think my mix for Hollywood will be used. I have a hater in the mix.

Is he talking about Taryll Jackson's spoken bridge? He called him a hater before..

He thinks "Hollywood Tonight" won't be selected as a single because Taryll has publicly turned against the compilation "Michael" as a whole (="hater").

He thinks "Hollywood Tonight" won't be selected as a single because Taryll has publicly turned against the compilation "Michael" as a whole (="hater").

i think it smells like the end of the promotion...

I don't think so.. I think that Hollywood IS the next single but Teddy's new mix will not be included on the cd single.. That is my opinion..

Oh ok...looks like I missed a whole lot of stuff.

@OnirMJ: But this doesn't make any sense.

Oh ok...looks like I missed a whole lot of stuff.

you didn't miss anything because nothing happened...and here is the problem : nothing happens and nothing will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back