“Hollywood Tonight” VIDEO premieres NOW

In my opinion "Who is it" video cannot be compared with "Hollywood Tonight". "Who is it" is very artistic, classy, sensual, dark, intrigue, beautiful, masterpiece short film by great director David Fincher. "Hollywood Tonigh" looks really cheap-amateurly compare to "Who is it". Besides, story line in "Who is it" is not straightforward as in "Hollywood Tonigh". I remember there were a lot of talks what was the video about. Whilst "Hollywood Tonigh" video is not that hard to figure it out.

AndreyZidane™;3289803 said:
I like how Teddy Rilley calls it "Billy Jean" and types in caps AS IF HE FEELS THE NEED TO SCREAM WHEN BITCHING ABOUT HOW THEY DIDN'T USE HIS MIX!

Teddy Rilley needs to stop bitching and moaning. We get it, you don't like the BJ mix, you have the right to not like it but seriously calm down...

A lot of people type in caps over the internet, doesn't mean they're upset. It is annoying, though.

Were people upset about the prostitute in "Who Is It"? The guy got up out of his wheel chair to join her on the bed so I am not sure why the stripper is so offensive. I think it fits the song so I feel it is appropriate. I never thought of Michael as a prude.

I am not trying to be difficult here.

Upset about the striper ?! Really ?!
I actually had a simmilar idea in my head for " Slave to the rhythm " - if there ever will be a video. I have a excellent idea ( Estate, give me a call :) )
Maybe I am blind but I never thought fans will be complaining so much about everything these days.
If dear Michael was here , maybe his ideas would be even more provocative than a striper.
I love the controversy in his videos.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I didn't know there are so many people here who can't handle a tastefully done stripping scene in a music video. Which is funny considering they are fans of Michael Jackson -- the same man who appeared butt naked with his wife in a video, who does some of the most sexually charged dance moves on stage, who created a big controversy with his Black or White video where he imitates masturbation, who has a prostitute in his Who Is It video, etc. etc.

I don't know how some of you managed to handle all that. LOL!

wow now you guys complain about the stripper part? and before it was like, no don't make a happy dancing video, we need a dark twist at the end to show the dark sides of Hollywood etc.

some of you people make me wish we never ever get anything more from Michael's music, and the promotion of it.

cut it out, seriously. it's ok to state your opinion but quit whining and being negative over anything. think twice before you complain about something and remember - Michael is not here anymore, and you won't bring him back.

:hysterical: This is so funny to think ppl are actually complaining about the stripper part? What were the lyrics in the song : "she's giving tricks to men, she knows its not clean... and Michael wrote this! " C'mon!!

Who Is it is more explicit- maybe that's why they didn't show it here inthe U.S. because there are a lot of prudes here. he he he.

And Serendipity, you are so right, more sexier moves than MJ there's NOT> I always say he is pure sex on stage. The crotch grabbing anyone? The pelvic thursts? Oh, c'mon REALLY! And who can forget "the Panther Dance" in BoW! How about ITC. That video was only shown after hours here in the U.S. because somehow it was too explicit. And like zpedra said above it is very clear Michael loved controversy and here we have it.

The short film is awesome as I posted. It is the story line everyone was clamoring for. I love how they incorporated Michael in it with all the billboards coming to live. This short film is very Michaelish. And I am so tired of being angry at these whining fans, now I just LAUGH!! I really think Michael would have liked it. It is truly a "short film".

Here's my thoughts on my blog:
http://adamschoales.tumblr.com/post/3785706147/shes-going-hollywood-tonight

Posting here as well (not that anyone will read). Note that this will end up unformatted so if you want it with nice formatting and links and such please see the blog post.

ehhh completely disagree with you. I think the estate and sony are doing a great job in trying their best to honor MJ's legacy. You are just one of those fans that will always whine and complain. I have a feeling for you Sony/estate is damn if they do damn if they don't.

i completely agree !

MJ imitates masturbation in his videos or on scene and nobody here was upset...

The prostitute in Who Is It has never been a problem here too...

OMG. Can't you see they make money off a dead person.. Give me a break.
Yeah, don't get me wrong.

By the way about the strip and alcohol: It was more sexualt than any of the things Michael did.

:blink:

People believe this video is sexual? Michael Jackson was one of the most sexual entertainers on stage. Just because he's tasteful about it and doesn't have 15 nearly-naked woman dancing around him doesn't mean he's some asexual creature.

I am sure you mentioned it before? It was named "Don't Stop me Now Rare Demo" it was the one recorded from outside MJ's hotel room in the mid 2000's, I will upload it in 2000 Watts if not. The way the vocals sound are similar to this mix, "Westbound, Greyhound" part.

yeah, i know that from the past. but always decribed it as fake.

People believe this video is sexual? Michael Jackson was one of the most sexual entertainers on stage. Just because he's tasteful about it and doesn't have 15 nearly-naked woman dancing around him doesn't mean he's some asexual creature.

Yes I agree. And some people seem to forget what the Dirty Diana set up was going to be in TII. Now if that isn't sexual I don't know what is!

I'm happy to see that Sony/the Estate listened to the fans and removed the spoken bridge and auto tune. Although the final result may not be perfect, at least they made an effort to do something.

Yes I agree. And some people seem to forget what the Dirty Diana set up was going to be in TII. Now if that isn't sexual I don't know what is!

I think some people blow the comment about the stripper out of proportion. I follow this thread and read almost all posts. I don't see people saying they are offended by the sexual nature of the scene. Some people feel the stripper and bar scenes seem to "glorify" the struggles the woman had on her way to stardom. People have issue on the message behind, not on the sexual nature of stripping and clubing.

Fans of Michael know how sexy and sensual Michael was. Yes, Michael Jackson was the sexiest and classiest performer. On stage, he was able to turn millions of women and men on while staying fully dressed. The videos of In the Closet and Black or White are sexy and classy. Most of us are fully aware of Michael's sexuality and are comfortable with it.

The video of Who Is It is so underrated. The story line is intriguing. The high class prostitude is so mysterious. Michael had respect in women. He didn't portray the prostitude in a disrespectful way. The prostitude seems to have a double identity. Is she a spy? Who really is she? There is so much depth to the story. Also, the imagery of the video is just beautiful. Compare to Who Is It, the video of Hollywood Tonight seems blank.

ehhh completely disagree with you. I think the estate and sony are doing a great job in trying their best to honor MJ's legacy. You are just one of those fans that will always whine and complain. I have a feeling for you Sony/estate is damn if they do damn if they don't.

How can you expect people to reciprocate the positive energy you long for when you so openly denouce a person whom you don't agree with as a fan "that will always whine and complain"?

Do you know Adam? Do you follow his posts? What made you assume that he will always complain and whine?

I read his blog post. In all fairness, he's being very reasonable. I don't agree with him 100%. Nevertheless, he raised some good points.He expressed his opinion politely. In return, he's being called as a fan who always complains?

We need to differentiate less than favorable opinions from complaints. Some here are very judgemental not on the subject matter, but on the poster personally.

Hmm... you have a feeling eh. Well, you might be wrong if you actually READ the whole piece you'll notice that I mentioned that Hold My Hand was a tasteful and fitting tribute. Just because I don't like something put out by the estate/Sony doesn't mean I'm "one of those fans". And for the record, they don't exactly have the best record so far. If they prove me wrong in the future I'll be the first to admit it. But so far, they haven't.

I haven't written my follow up on the actual MUSIC used in the video, but it was going to be very positive. So thank you for jumping to conclusions.

How can you expect people to reciprocate the positive energy you long for when you so openly denouce a person whom you don't agree with as a fan "that will always whine and complain"?

Do you know Adam? Do you follow his posts? What made you assume that he will always complain and whine?

I read his blog post. In all fairness, he's being very reasonable. I don't agree with him 100%. Nevertheless, he raised some good points.He expressed his opinion politely. In return, he's being called as a fan who always complains?

We need to differentiate less than favorable opinions from complaints. Some here are very judgemental not on the subject matter, but on the poster personally.

I appreciate your level-headedness. I will admit, yes, I've had a lot of complaints since Michael passed, but that was because I felt the situation was being handled quite poorly. But, when they do something right, I am the first to call attention to it.

Thank you for respecting my opinion and understanding we're not all always going to agree.

:unsure:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

In my opinion "Who is it" video cannot be compared with "Hollywood Tonight". "Who is it" is very artistic, classy, sensual, dark, intrigue, beautiful, masterpiece short film by great director David Fincher. "Hollywood Tonigh" looks really cheap-amateurly compare to "Who is it". Besides, story line in "Who is it" is not straightforward as in "Hollywood Tonigh". I remember there were a lot of talks what was the video about. Whilst "Hollywood Tonigh" video is not that hard to figure it out.

Has it been compared to "WHo is it?"? :bugeyed
Who dared????
Who is it is one of Michael's more classy video, intriguing, beutiful, sensual, yes, a masterpiece!!!!!!!
Really!!! Some respect for Michael Jackson's art, please!!! :doh:

Excatly, "in the closet" was one of the most sexual video he ever did.

Because I don't feel him in the video, It's just a video of a random girl who strips in a bar while she gets money for it, drinking alcohol, WTF!?!? and that's NOT Michaels way to create music. And don't tell me I dislike his work maybe we should leave him and his music alone as it used to be, I understand that they do it to continue his legacy, but they are not good to it, only Michael can make it lot better than this video. I don't care if you enjoy this video or not, if you enjoy it, fine with it. We all have our opinions to share,and I am not angry, I'm just dissapointed, because I don't feel any special on this video, this video is nothing special for me, and it just makes me sad that he is not here any longer, so why can't we just leave his music career alone? I don't have problem if they release his unreleased songs, but mess up the song with this video makes me sick.
But I did like the BJ version and the ending where they dancing his dance.
And don't get offend just because we share our opinions, don't except that we always have a positive comments, maybe you should try to look it at our side of the video, it's better to tell my true opinions than telling a fake opinions: "OMG IT'S GREAT I'M CRYING.." Which do you choose? a fake opinions or a true opinions?
Then stop being mad and get offend by that. It's ridicioulus.

First off, I never said anything about you not liking his music. As far as the stripper bit, well there has been plenty of posts to explain that Michael used sexual images in A LOT of his short films, so all of a sudden you are just outraged by that short bit?

What I am trying to convey to you is the fact that we know, I know no music video will ever be as great because Michael is not here, we KNOW that. It hurts me too not having Michael be behind this video. But reality is that he is no longer here and things are now the way they are. But do we have to be reminded of that fact over and over.

If you dislike it fine, I am not asking you to be fake. You just have to understand that the constant reminders and the constant negativity doesn't help anybody, not you or me or anybody. You do not want any promotion for his songs then that is fine. I know I do. I want his legacy to continue in perpetuity, I want not only his past catalog to be in the forefront but all his unreleased material- I don't want Michael to be forgotten. All his unreleased material will keep him alive for generations to come coupled with the rest of his catalog. Michael wanted immortality and promotion is a part of it.

I like being happy, I love being excited. Michael's mission was to bring joy and happiness to the world and I am trying to do this every day. Always listening to his messages of hope, love and joy. Despite the despair I have felt during all this time and will always feel for the rest of my life, his voice keeps whispering to me, "love, live, enjoy, be happy, this is the reason I was brought to this world. I wish that for you too. :D

Tricia, I appreciate how you always maintain a postive attitude and liking everything about the album. Good for you. That's great.

All fans are here because we love Michael, which we all agree is a positive attribute. However, our love of Michael does not necessarily transfer to loving all projects released by Sony with his name attached.

There is not one day that I stop enjoying the wonderment Michael created. And, I'm sure all members here do enjoy Michael's music in his/her own way. We share a common love of Michael Jackson, we just don't share a common love of a particular project. So, does it really matter that much a majority of people have to share a favorable opinion on this project?

I understand what you are saying. The problem for me anyway, is that after the tragedy, this new release was a way to keep him alive, it has helped ME heal, or at least fill that permanent hole in my heart. I came to this forum to help me cope like many did. I was hoping that this new album would bring us together and help us all heal together as a community. I wanted so much to be excited with ALL of you. But we know what transpired. Now, it seems everything related to this project seems tainted. Nobody can be happy with anything. Sony and the estate I really believe are trying to please the fans and giving it a good effort, but no matter what they do they are damned if they do, damned if they don't. That saddens me.

I completely agree we all have different opinions and I welcome that, but the way this project has gone, it's a tragedy in itself. So many not giving these songs the benefit of the doubt when they don't have real answers.

Well, as you say I'll keep trying to be positive, Michael taught me that. He never gave up, did he? I'm not giving up. I would love to come to this forum and see more positivity, that is all I ask. Michael is gone, we can't do anything about it. We know nothng will be the same, but I THANK HIM AND I THANK GOD we still have so much to look forward to- I am grateful for all these new releases and for all to come, I am grateful for all the videos from MICHAEL. This, imo, is Michael's gift to us. I thank him every day. I try so hard to follow his message of hope, love and joy. He would want us to rejoice and be happy. I try every day. I want the same for all this community. Maybe all this is too corny, but well, that's just me. :D

First off, I never said anything about you not liking his music. As far as the stripper bit, well there has been plenty of posts to explain that Michael used sexual images in A LOT of his short films, so all of a sudden you are just outraged by that short bit?

What I am trying to convey to you is the fact that we know, I know no music video will ever be as great because Michael is not here, we KNOW that. It hurts me too not having Michael be behind this video. But reality is that he is no longer here and things are now the way they are. But do we have to be reminded of that fact over and over.

If you dislike it fine, I am not asking you to be fake. You just have to understand that the constant reminders and the constant negativity doesn't help anybody, not you or me or anybody. You do not want any promotion for his songs then that is fine. I know I do. I want his legacy to continue in perpetuity, I want not only his past catalog to be in the forefront but all his unreleased material- I don't want Michael to be forgotten. All his unreleased material will keep him alive for generations to come coupled with the rest of his catalog. Michael wanted immortality and promotion is a part of it.

I like being happy, I love being excited. Michael's mission was to bring joy and happiness to the world and I am trying to do this every day. Always listening to his messages of hope, love and joy. Despite the despair I have felt during all this time and will always feel for the rest of my life, his voice keeps whispering to me, "love, live, enjoy, be happy, this is the reason I was brought to this world. I wish that for you too. :D

I wanted to give you rep points for this post, but was told to spead some reputation around before giving it to you again lol. So I'll just thank you for this great post. I agree with every word.

mkgenie, are they planning for more singles if you know?

AndreyZidane™;3289803 said:
I like how Teddy Rilley calls it "Billy Jean" and types in caps AS IF HE FEELS THE NEED TO SCREAM WHEN BITCHING ABOUT HOW THEY DIDN'T USE HIS MIX!

Teddy Rilley needs to stop bitching and moaning. We get it, you don't like the BJ mix, you have the right to not like it but seriously calm down...

stop bitching about Teddy Riley! lol :D
he's just replying to questions there. he didnt bring it up.

I understand what you are saying. The problem for me anyway, is that after the tragedy, this new release was a way to keep him alive, it has helped ME heal, or at least fill that permanent hole in my heart. I came to this forum to help me cope like many did. I was hoping that this new album would bring us together and help us all heal together as a community. I wanted so much to be excited with ALL of you. But we know what transpired. Now, it seems everything related to this project seems tainted. Nobody can be happy with anything. Sony and the estate I really believe are trying to please the fans and giving it a good effort, but no matter what they do they are damned if they do, damned if they don't. That saddens me.

I completely agree we all have different opinions and I welcome that, but the way this project has gone, it's a tragedy in itself. So many not giving these songs the benefit of the doubt when they don't have real answers.

Well, as you say I'll keep trying to be positive, Michael taught me that. He never gave up, did he? I'm not giving up. I would love to come to this forum and see more positivity, that is all I ask. Michael is gone, we can't do anything about it. We know nothng will be the same, but I THANK HIM AND I THANK GOD we still have so much to look forward to- I am grateful for all these new releases and for all to come, I am grateful for all the videos from MICHAEL. This, imo, is Michael's gift to us. I thank him every day. I try so hard to follow his message of hope, love and joy. He would want us to rejoice and be happy. I try every day. I want the same for all this community. Maybe all this is too corny, but well, that's just me. :D

wow. i couldn't have said that any better.
when i think about how fun and beautiful this whole thing could be compared to what it is, i feel so sickeningly disappointed.
i'm here to CELEBRATE michael in every shape and form of the word. There's already enough in michael's life and death to depress us and i absolutely hate that we're adding to that. i'm sick of being sad.
we're here because we love michael but all we talk about is hating everyone that came within one mile of him with the exception of his children.. aghhh

Love the video, but is it just me or is the audio not very clean?
Sounds like they mixed the song differently for the video, it's doesn't sound the same as the original in some parts of it, I don't like that. They should have kept the same mix, this one's not very good IMO. It's like it's muffling Michael's voice & you can't hear the lyrics clearly, sounds over-produced, more so than the original.

I agree , don't understand why they doing this, original was PERFECT !

i completely agree !

MJ imitates masturbation in his videos or on scene and nobody here was upset...

The prostitute in Who Is It has never been a problem here too...

Are you serious?!!

How could we compare any of Michael's videos or his artistic vision with what they are keep on doing now?

How did we come to this, anyway?

smh. when people are saying a pole dancer isn't 'Michael' enough aren't they comparing HT video to his videos?

Back