How can people NOT acknowledge MJ as being "The Best" ever!

Yep, I'd say i've pretty much narrowed it down to people just being ignorant and stubborn.
LOL what of those who just don't believe in a 'best' ideology? i think it's always a stretch when it comes to rationalising competition within art.

I have to disagree with the assessment being made in here that people are being stubborn or flat-out wrong by not acknowledging that MJ is number one. I believe that album sales and concert attendance are a pretty big part of determining things, but they are not the only factors. 50 Cent can sell more albums today than Stevie Wonder, but they day I admit 50 Cent is a better artist than Stevie is the day I stop listening to music. I like Prince and Stevie quite a bit because they play their instruments live and they sing a concert from beginning to end live, but I like MJ because of his energy and the scope of his concerts. However, the live music appeals slightly more to me.

I have Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson as number one and number two, respectively. I think that when it comes to art, there is a certain threshold an artist can cross and when they do (people like Lennon, Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra), the lines of "who is the best" begin to be blurred and there is no truly right or wrong answer.

There are LOTS of good arguements to be made why MJ is the best, but none of them are definite.

Last edited:
You do have to give Michael credit though for being an amazing live singer. I've never seen anyone who was able to sing so well and dance none stop for over an hour like he could. He's older now and he just can't maintain that anymore, but in his prime, he sung every song live and I would bet any amount of money that no one could touch his live vocals while dancing so hard at the same time. If he just sat on a stool of stood at a micriphone the whole time, I can only imagine how good his vocals would sound. Well, all you have to do is listen to him sing "Gone Too Soon" or "You Were There", or even "Elizabeth I Love You", to know. Even though he did bust some small moves during those performances too, lol.

I have to disagree with the assessment being made in here that people are being stubborn or flat-out wrong by not acknowledging that MJ is number one. I believe that album sales and concert attendance are a pretty big part of determining things, but they are not the only factors. 50 Cent can sell more albums today than Stevie Wonder, but they day I admit 50 Cent is a better artist than Stevie is the day I stop listening to music. I like Prince and Stevie quite a bit because they play their instruments live and they sing a concert from beginning to end live, but I like MJ because of his energy and the scope of his concerts. However, the live music appeals slightly more to me.

I have Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson as number one and number two, respectively. I think that when it comes to art, there is a certain threshold an artist can cross and when they do (people like Lennon, Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra), the lines of "who is the best" begin to be blurred and there is no truly right or wrong answer.

There are LOTS of good arguements to be made why MJ is the best, but none of them are definite.

To some extent I agree :yes: To me he's the best, but I can understand why some ppl dont think of him as the best. I'd be surprise if a hardcore rock fan praises him as the greatest :lol: :lol:
As long as ppl think of him as one of the 3 greatest legends then I'm fine :D.

I agree he's an amazing live singer when he chooses to do so. He doesn't do it often though. I'm not saying that's a plus or a minus: it depends on the person listening/watching. With MJ's concerts, it's more about the spectacle. Even the Bad tour, where he sung live, the music was sped up and it was more about the dancing. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, I love those concerts. I just prefer artists like Stevie Wonder because he runs for three hours of hit after hit with his band jamming and him singing his pipes off live.

I think it would be awesome for MJ to do an unplugged deal. I know people have said that for years, but it's for good reason. He's got one of the most unique voices in music, for him to have a band playing his songs live with him singing each song live would be great. Since he's a showman, his hits have been sped up for the tours. I'd like for the band to play songs more true to the album versions. If they did change it up, I'd like for them to do something unique like they did with "I'll Be There" on that Pepsi Promo. That should have been redone for an album it was so good.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a good idea Superstion. I would love for Michael to just sit down and sing, because his voice is phenominal. He's kind of in a catch 22 situation, because people want to see him dance, because he's just as good a dancer as he is a singer, but then you've also got people who are angry at him for not singing live (not you, just a lot of other people). Whatever he wants to do is fine by me. He's such an unparalleled live performer, his expression and his ability to work the stage is something to behold.

People are obviously in denial if they honestly think that MJ isn't at least one of the best entertainers out there.

objectively,

People are obviously in denial if they honestly think that MJ isn't at least one of the best entertainers out there.
no one in their rational mind would deny such a thing, whether they enjoy it or not. but that's a country mile off from having to narrow it down to one.

There are people who try to deny it though. I think its just because they hate him though. Of course, I think you'd have to be out of your mind to hate Michael too. They're just brainwashed.

There are a lot of morons. It's okay if someone doesn't personally find him to be number one, but in no way should they ever deny someone else from thinking that, he's obviously done things no entertainer in the history of ANY genre (film, television, music, you name it) have done. There has not been nor can I ever see there being a bigger star, and MJ is not even 50 quite yet. Who knows what will happen in the future. He doesn't have to be as big a star as he was in the 80's to add tons of great work and historical moments to his legacy.

Last edited:
Michael is the best..... because who's better????

can't think of anyone....lol

Michael is simply the best at what he does :clapping::clapping::clapping: and some people just can't accept that //

i think part of the reason why they wouldn't see michael as being the best is because of all the negative media that's attached to him. all that crap seems to have blinded people, at least here in the states.

I have actually met a person who cannot stand MJ's singing voice. Now I don't know exactly what to say about that. I mean his voice is of an angel. So I don't mean to trash this person, but if you can't appreciate a voice like this? Than what the hell kind of voice do you like?

I have actually met a person who cannot stand MJ's singing voice. Now I don't know exactly what to say about that. I mean his voice is of an angel. So I don't mean to trash this person, but if you can't appreciate a voice like this? Than what the hell kind of voice do you like?

Well, some people love Bob Dylan's voice. Some people love Louis Armstrong's voice. between those two and MJ, those are three voices on different tips of the triangle. Maybe they prefer raspy jazz, nasaly folk and blues, or just traditional pop voices like Sinatra or Deano. Who knows.

That person must be tone deaf lol

I Personaly Think Mike And Tupac Along With Bob Marley Were The 3 Greatest Artist To Ever Live. I Wonder What Mike Thought About 2pac And Mr. Marley. Especially Pac. He Was Multi-talented Like Mike. He Could Draw, Write Poetry, And Write Scrpts And Plays Anlong With His Songs. It Was Like A Movie When He Wrote His Songs. It Paints PictureS In My Head When He Raps Them. Especially Keep Ya Head Up. A Great Song That Uplifts Young Women In Society. My Girl Loves That Song. Plus 2pac Was Great Actor His Performence In Juice And Poetic Justice Was Outstandingly Perfect. 2pac + Mike = Greatest Of All Time. What Do You Think Of My Opion Superstition And Wannbestartinsomethin21. Let Me Know If You Agree.

Last edited:
I'd say people would agree that MJ's prime was the 80's/90's so now people believe otherwise.

Well said.

I actually feel a little bad for those who aren't aware of Michael's talents. They know Michael for all the wrong reasons.
Whether you like Michael Jackson or not, he's one of the greatest, if not the greatest, entertainer in history.
Putting his personal life aside and only focusing on his talent, he's simply incredible. He's a living legend.

Back