How do u deal with getting older

I'm only 27, turning 30 in 3 years, but as I get older, I am noticing that my joints are starting to ache, specially in cold weather. So for now, I am just trying to deal with my juvenile arthritis and hoping that my fine lines will diminish after I put a load of cold cream under my eyes!

Little tidbit: My husband and I are usually in bed by 9 or 10 on Friday and Saturday nights, sipping our hot Vanilla Chai Tea, and complaining why our neighbors are so darn loud! On Sunday nights, we take turns massaging each other's back, hoping that'll alleviate the discomfort of golf sized knots and lower back ache. The joys and pain of getting older :)

I have the biggest problem with TIME PASSING!!! not necessarily the age as much as just the thought of 'x amount of time has past' and so much has changed....Family getting older or moving on/getting married/seeing each other less...Friends doing the same...all that stuff makes me verrry sad if I think about it...

But regarding the actual age thing....The thought of turning 30 in a few years sounds so horrible to me haha :) but then i think, Michael was 33+ in the Dangerous Era and I always thought he was so alive and young at that time. Michael never seemed old to me although I know his soul was wise beyond his years...

Totally agree with ya about the time passing. That's what hurts the most.

About Michael - i thought he was so alive and young ALL the time, especially in later times. Call me crazy, but i think his best years were ahead of him.

We all know getting older is part of life but how do deal with it? You see your face everday in the mirror and u start to notice your face looking older. Sometime its the lighting in the bathroom and sometimes its just life. But how do u deal with it? As for me lol iam like wow iam 31 ha ha i use be 18 years ago but now iam 31.

It's a trip~~~

Being 48 one is enlightened as to what one (s) Great Grandparents, Grandparents, Parents, Aunts and Uncles have experienced before me...

The Circle of Life~~~

As Always

:angel:

its not ME getting older that bothers me.....its my children getting older that bothers me. My oldest son is 20 already...it seems like yesterday he was just a baby. My daughter is almost 17..she is my baby...she is growing up so fast....I miss my children being small. It breaks my heart when I see my daughter with her boyfriend. I dont know how I will cope when they leave home. :cry:

But hey, just think, they might have Grandchildren at some point and then you get the absolutely awesome job of Grandma, without the heart ripping responsibility of being the mum. I like that thought as well! (and I'm only 30)

I do hear ya though- my little one will turn 4 next February and I already miss the hours that I spent cuddling up with him, I do enjoy every hug, kiss and cuddle while I can.

Oh...this is the thing I think a lot about.
Sometimes I think I can"t wait to get really old and not to worry about how I look or things like that.
It is not so much about me...it is more about ppl I love....my mother, my stepfather...etc.I don"t want them to get old. :(
Like some of you said...I never thought it would be so hard to watch your kids grow old. My daughter is almost 15 and I see her turning into a independent young woman..it is nice but it is also painful in a strange way.What if I can"t protect her from some bad things in life any more...?! That is hard to deal with.
And sometimes I feel kinda sad when I look at myself in the mirror..you can"t stop time.

Disciplining yourself to exercise and eat right. Helps if you've had intensive training.

Worst thing about getting older is really all the people you love and loose along the way...

Worst thing about getting older is really all the people you love and loose along the way...

That's true. The first time I had to deal with a loss, it was my father four years ago, he had 80. I remember that at this moment I looked at my siblings with their children. Specially my oldest brother who was already then grandfather and I remembered very well the birth of my nephew and now he's a daddy himself !! I had a sort of shock.
That's why I want to enjoy everyday of my life, and not looking back because the time pass so fast that I don't want to regret anything.

Very true.............

Living a long life means you have to say goodbye to many loved ones........

When that happens we become very frightened about becoming lonely.......

Sadly......there are too many lonely elderly people in the world.......

That is a good point. I haven't had a lot of loss in my life yet (just my grandparents and two uncles) but my mother sure has. She will be 77 next month and she has lost both her parents, and both her brothers which were her only siblings plus a few other close relatives. She's pretty strong but I can't help but think about how much that all has to hurt her. Not to mention all the celebrities from her day that have passed away in recent times. This week she said she almost cried because Eddie Fisher died. And today she was sad about Tony Curtis.

ok ignore the weird video, and listen to the song! :doh:
:clapping:
We are all young at heart! To cheer everyone up! ( I hope?) LOL :wub:

Ok I've given the light hearted response with the music of the Bluebells song 'young at heart' and refrained from making that joke of ''your'e as young as the man you feel'' :D ok that was poor!

Seriously though, I am 43 and a half yrs old! Which makes me think, do you remember that as child you always wanted to look older? So the 'half' was very important!
As for me, this age brings me as a woman mood swings from reduced hormones, but hey it's ok.
This is a good day! As you might tell! :D
Hard to believe that just a week ago I was crying going round a supermarket! :bugeyed
Roller coaster emotions! :doh:
Today is a good day, Each day we have we should be grateful for.:agree:

Disciplining yourself to exercise and eat right. Helps if you've had intensive training.

Imagine living as old as Yoda? :D:doh:
Tis good you see! :clapping:
maybe not! lol
btw I hope you appreciate my humour! I am not taking the P at all- it's just my way of making light! :wub:

Imagine living as old as Yoda? :D:doh:
Tis good you see! :clapping:
maybe not! lol
btw I hope you appreciate my humour! I am not taking the P at all- it's just my way of making light! :wub:
your humor is fine.:) Yoda is my enemy though. I'll live as long as Darth Sidious!!!!!

I think the most important thing is to remain young at hear, make sure u eat right, exercise, if your thoughts are young, you will remain young. If you feel like your bones are aching, ur back is hurting etc everyday after waking up, u naturally tend to feel old or even older than what you are. Remain young.

your humor is fine.:) Yoda is my enemy though. I'll live as long as Darth Sidious!!!!!

LOL :D
I need to brush up on my star wars story, so is Dath Sidious related to Darth Vador? :swoon:
What always makes me smile is an ex bf used to talk into an empty pint glass and say '' Luke, you must enter the dark side!!'' :yes: LOL
Sorry for changing the mood of this thread! Maybe it's a good thing?
:hijacked LOL

I certainly don't feel my age (I'm 28) and I don't look my age, so I think I deal with it in that way. I still feel like I'm 17 half the time (and act like it sometimes, haha!)

I'm getting married next year and that feels like such a grown up thing to do - even though we bought our flat 5 years and that feels pretty grown up too! My boyfriend and I sometimes look at each other and go - wait, we're not old enough to get married!

However I do have some grey hairs, but like others I just get the hair dye out when I notice the little suckers! So that makes me feel older some of the time. I think the key is to not worry about and just enjoy life :)

I certainly don't feel my age (I'm 28) and I don't look my age, so I think I deal with it in that way. I still feel like I'm 17 half the time (and act like it sometimes, haha!)

At 28 what age is there to feel? That is so young (well, to me because I'm 47). LOL

Back