How much are you into Michael?

Which sentence best applies to you?

• I love Michael's music and no one elses. He's the only think I listen to.

Votes: 74 14.8%
  • Very few acts are barely listenable, and then there's Michael who eclispes them all.

Votes: 105 21.0%
  • Yes, I like other acts, but Michael is the greatest one of all

Votes: 284 56.7%
  • I like other acts, and I also like Michael equally with the others

Votes: 34 6.8%
  • Michael isn't as good as some other acts, but I like him. He's cool.

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters
"Very few acts are barely listenable, and then there's Michael who eclispes them all."

^This option probably. I was actually kind of surprised to realize it, but I'm a total Michael Jackson fanatic. I'm not completely adverse to listening to other artists, but I do tend to listen to Michael Jackson almost exclusively. He's pretty much got all the bases covered. Do I want to listen to slow songs? He's recorded plenty. Fast songs, scary songs, angry songs? Same. Truly versatile; that's Michael in a nutshell.

I like loads of other artists, but they sort of come in phases. Michael is a constant though, he's always in my life and I don't think a day goes by where I don't hear one of his songs. He is the greatest to me. :happy:

"Yes, I like other acts, but Michael is the greatest one of all"

:dancin:

Lets just say my MJ obsession is starting to return again. And the last time I was obsessed with Michael was during the HIStory Era. Which reminds me there is a couple of MJ posters I should put up on my closet doors today.

When I just begin listening to him I was in stage 1:p. But now 3. And now in one again but I voted on 3, crappp!

I'm in three.

I was in 1 for a couple years there but I like alllll kinds of music. My other biggies are Christina Aguilera, Prince, Ani DiFranco, and Dir en grey (they're a Japanese band :)) But I'll always have Michael to look to as the one to make me realize how great music can be.

i listen to other acts/people but Mj is the gratest by far but i like all types of music and you always get some tracks that just get u hooked

I'm so in love with him. :wub:
I constantly think about him and dedicate everything I do (that I'm proud of) to him. :D
Obsessive? Maybe, but I couldn't imagine living without my Michael. :)

I listen to all kinds of music and I love music. I listen to the beegees chicago journey metallica bon jovi just an endless amount of music. Now out of all of them Michael is top priority really I love him above and beyond them all.

Right on Danja. :) Welcome to the community.

Thank you, you are very kind. :)
I have a few songs which I listen to from time to time, but nothing can be compared with Michael. I go to bed with his music and I wake up with his music. :)

I listen to other acts, but Michael is the greatest of them all. I fit into that category. I listen other other acts like Janet, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Prince, Luther Vandross, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, and etc. As much as I am fan of those artists, they do not hold a candle to Michael. Michael is always #1! There is no one like him nor will they ever be another like him.

I over heard a comment made by someone at the London's O2 Vigil on 13th July.................she said ''since Michael Jackson died I have played his music every day''..............Well I played his music every day since I was a teenager! I am now 42 yrs young!!!
I guess that kind of answers this question.....how much are you into MJ?
I smile and cry when listening now................but wont ever stop listening! :)
I have to listen and then stop for a bit atm as end up with sore eyes and a throbbing head. :-(
anyone ID?

I like other acts but Michael is the greatest of all...

I just have this thing with him that noone else can ever come near to.
It's cosmic.

Tbh, I have never been so interested/active with any other celeb.

To those who voted for, " I love Michael's music and no one elses. He's the only think I listen to " ... really?
Like im not doubting anyones devotion to Michael but don't you feel like you are missing out on so much other music?
I mean, im a music fanatic and i download about 100+ song's a week and i don't know how you can just restrict yourself to one artist?
Theres so much more out there to explore too!!!

i love the beatles, radiohead, muse and scissor sisters. michael has been part of my life for as long as i can remember but i feel like the other bands ive been adoring have never measured up to him. radiohead are great, so are beatles, but mij is always at the top

I'm going with
"Yes, I like other acts, but Michael is the greatest one of all"

Yes, I like other acts, but Michael is the greatest one of all

I love alot of other artist, I think its important to have a variety, I dont think that means you love him any less. Michael is my absolute favorite of all time and he is by biggest inspiration.

I like other acts but Michael is the greatest of all...

I just have this thing with him that noone else can ever come near to.
It's cosmic.

AGREED here!
I can get jiggy with a lot of other music... but Michael tops them all. He has something that, as you said - no one else can even come near to.

I think what makes a great artist - isn't how cool or awesome their stuff sounds, it's what its PUT INTO it. Songs are like living breathing things...they reflect and emote much more than just tunes - but the artist's themselves. Their energy and soul are a part of the song. So, you take Michael's intelligence, talent, and charisma...which is what a lot of artists have, but then pair that with his genuinely unconditional loving and giving heart and soul...his mission in life...well you get something unlike any other. Something incredibly powerful. Epic. Amazing. Moving.

All of his songs have this...because all of his songs are HIM.
I doubt the world will ever receive such an astounding gift in the music industry.

Is it wrong to say I didn't become obsessed until now? Always really liked his music, but I don't think I ever fully appreciated his greatness. I'll always love other musicians, although now MJ is dominating my iTunes. :) and it sure seems like the other artists pale in comparison.

My musical interests seem to go in phases, but I like a wide variety of music

I think the first group I was really into was Sugar Ray.

Around junior high it was the Spice Girls, but hey they were the popular thing then. In the beginning of high school I got into the Backstreet Boys, but who wasn't really into boy bands? I even went to one of their concerts. Now I look back and wonder why did I ever like them?

Also around this time my friend had really gotten me into The Beatles, and I'm still really into them. I think them and Michael Jackson are really timeless. Their songs will never get old to me.

After that I had remembered hearing a song some years back. It was "Somewhere Only We Know" I always wanted to know who sang it, so I looked it up and found it was Keane, which launched a whole new love.

This was early college years now, and I took a class on the history of rock and roll. Totally renewed my interest in classic rock again and well music in general. So I began a Pink Floyd phase. Totally soothing music to listen to.

Now here I am getting into Michael Jackson once again, although I don't think this one is a phase, but something that will last forever because I can't imagine not listening to him.

Anyway, sorry for the long story. Just a bit of my musical background. It's always fun discovering new music and rediscovering old music.

Back