How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

I'm 21 and I'm fan since I was 8 years old!!! :)

I'm 37 and I've been a fan since this date in 1983.

I met Michael for the first time when I was 5.
He was coming to Brazil for the Dangerous Tour and I watched a tv commercial with him performing Will You be There and Smooth Criminal. A dream, but unfortunately I couldn't attend one of those concerts because of my youth, money and my family live SOOOO far from the ground he performed, like 9 hours by car.
The first short film I watched was Black Or White, then Smooth Criminal and Billie Jean music video afterwards. I watched his concert in Munich on Christmas 1997, but I can't remember why we didn't record it. Now, this broadcast is something really rare(if it even exists).
I became a real fan when he jumped up to the stage with 'N Sync on VMA 2001. I remember clearly that I almost had a heart attack lol.
That's my fan history with Michael. :D

I'm 20 and I've been a fan for 10 years and counting. I became a fan after seeing Mj's 30th Anniversary Celebration in 2001 when it was broadcast. I was amazed at Michael dancing ability as well as his singing ability.

i`m 29 and i become fan since age of eight .

I'm 20...I've been a casual fan for as long as I can remember but became a MASSIVE fan about 5 years ago.

I'm 20 years old and I became a fan in 2001.

I'm 21 and I'm his fan since I was 12.

35 and a fan from 1987

20, fan since 2005, come from family of people who either dgaf about MJ or hate him. Mother's a Prince fan.

I am *coughs* 48 *coughs* But please don't tell anyone ok.

I have been a fan since I was about 7........ that just made me cry and I don't know why.

Anyway I have spent most of my adult life bringing up various children, my own by birth and others and am still doing so, my youngest is 7. Surprise, surprise all my children are MJ fans.

I'm 25 and probably always heard and liked MJ's music. The first song I clearly remember being from him was Earth Song, I bought the single when I was 9.

I'm 16 and I've been a fan since the beginning of middle school which was in 2007 so since the age of 11 :) thanks to a music teacher showing us a video of Thriller, We Are The World, Beat It and Smooth Criminal

I remember there was a tv special in 2008 with Michael working in the studio and I was there excited for a comeback

I am 31 and I have been a fan since I first saw the Thriller video during the 80's but it was during the HIStory era that I became a hardcore fan that when the name Michael Jackson is mentioned people I know always remember me. hahaha...

The first Michael Jackson album I got was Dangerous and it's also the first album I have ever owned. It's my favorite album well that and Bad. Kinda torn between the two.

I am still fan until now. And I think that no one can replace him.

Last edited:

I'm 24 and I've been a fan for 10+ years. That is, a devoted fan because I've been listening to his music since I was a child and I loved it, I first fell in love with Moonwalker at around 9 or so and then when I had the consciousness to devote to the music I did. I'm still a fan of his because through the years I've realized he was not only a super talented man unlike any other I've seen, but because he was an exceptional human being and had a wonderful soul and love for what he did and what he stood for, so that's why. He just inspires me to become a better person and to never give up on my beliefs. I just love the man, no one will ever fill his shoes, NO ONE.

Im 28 years old and i think i was about 8 when i first became fan. Saw his concert on tv and that was it. Why im still a fan? Cause Michaels the best singer etc. in the world. :D

I am 38 years old and been a fan since around 1986/87 , I liked MJ for a while before but became a real fan around all the build up to bad.

I am 21 yrs old and i have been an mj fan since 2009.

I'm 24 and been a fan since i was 7 years old, i was introduced to his music by my cousin who had an obsession with him. He lent me all his cassettes to listen to and i instantly fell in love! Been a huuuuuge fan ever since!!

Mid 40s, been a fan since 70s before Cds!!!!!!!!!

16 years old, I've been a MJ fan for 3 years

26 years old, always loved michael's music since i was about 15 or 16 years old, that was in the early 2000s, although as i stated in another post, got a bit off track after high school, & became a more serious fan in 2009!

I'm 13 and I have been a fan of Michael for about four years

I'm 25 and have been a fan pretty much my whole life. When I was really little I used to stare at the bad album cover. I was mesmerized by it. My mum put the album on for me and I fell in love. I will always have a soft spot for that album. :)

I'm 17 and been a fan for 8 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 18 and been a MJ fan since 2001.

For me, i'm 18 years old and been a MJ fan since when I was little.

Back