How true is this? (regarding MJ's pics being digitally altered)

:lol: Well the fans need something to talk about until the new album. ;)

Whatever the reason is, it adds to his eccentric public image. Mike's personal life is just as "famous" as his professional work, which is unfortunate. The media does alter images, but then again, whatever make-up he wears brings attention/controversy for some reason. Michael's been known to do things for controversy/shock value (ex. HIStory teaser) and it wouldn't surprise me if the make-up he wore was for that reason too.

BUT... the reason he wears make-up could simply be b/c of his skin condition. None of us know and it shouldn't matter anyway.

: Michael's been known to do things for controversy/shock value (ex. HIStory teaser) and it wouldn't surprise me if the make-up he wore was for that reason too.

BUT... the reason he wears make-up could simply be b/c of his skin condition. None of us know and it shouldn't matter anyway.

He wore makeup before the vitiligo happened. He wears it because he likes it.

I agree Duran Duran. Michael does like to wear make up, and why not? Make up is a lot of fun. And just because he is a male, and likes to wear make up doesn't make him feminine. Personally I look at it as him not caring what others think, and the fact that he is secure with his own sexuality to not let others opinions bother him.
So if he likes it, why do we care? Even if he doesn't wear it the media will still be talking ish. No matter what the Media/ tabloids will always just have it in for Michael because of the influence he has in the world. They are afraid of it.

everyone u see on tv is wearing makeup....

as for the lips, i've seen one real pic o fhim wearing thick ass lipstick but that's it. all of getty's pics were edited

i dont know bout the rest of yall and make up but make up is a pain in the azz .. pain, big pain !!

Since lip make up, according to behind the scenes videos is done with a tassel and anything like "lipstick" is not seen, there is no point talking about it. Everyone can imagine and speculate whatever.

it doesn't matter how he looks........for me it's ok.

Lipstick is excessive instrumentality since it does not allow to change form/shape of the lips. Tassel allows both shapeforming and adding cover pigmentation. Why would there be necessarity for the lipstick at all? And, again, in the behind-the-scenes video tassel is seen and lipstick is not. No reason to fantasize anything.

aside from tabloide pictures.. It would be pretty hard to find a picture of a celeb that has NOT been ultered/photoshoped

Because it is not lipstick; one can not paint form/shape of upper lip like Jackson does with lipstick. Tassel or something thin has to be used for that. And yes, the reason for that is to make shape of lips different and/or to bring pigment there. Or else pale lips on very, very, very pale face will make impression that Michael is zombie.

Jackson is no Boy George like some media like to portray him, implying sinister there. Tabloids use oversaturated, heavily distorted photos consciously for that purpose.

Compilation.jpg

Just see how "bold red lipstick" in the first row of photos in the compilation actually turns out to be just pink when colours are not crazy (photos are from the same date and time), where Michael does not have orange shadows and red face.

The point is that Jackson is very pale and in reality there is no way how he could gain orange skin, so we have second, lower row of photos where more actual colours are seen.

It shows "wonders" of colour (auto)saturation adjustments made by programmable filters photographic equipment and afterprocessing. None of those filters ever suited to process as pale skin as Michael's, so sometimes, when switched "On", they "think" that something went "wrong" with colours and they try to adjust it.

Pink make-up is used sometimes to adjust form of the upper lip and there was no ever idea for lips to be that "dark red lipstick". With Jackson being unshaven often, and not using red paint for nails or else "feminine" features, it would not make sense anyway. Jackson is no Boy George.

Thank you denisrs, It was really good exponation,of cource he may use a bit darker make up to be visible and not pale while he is peforming, and the reason is the big projectors and lightening .

Last edited:
Back