I handled that well,but Marlon....

I have been crying for 3 hours!

This memorial was done 1000 times better than I expected. It was done very tastefully and very nicely. Kudos to the Grammy guy.

Paris, Marlon Jermaine and Usher got to me.

can't agree with you more on that!
It's perfect and I love the final player

Last edited:
Marlon, Jermaine, Paris, Brooke...

When Michael was broght in...with the beautifl music...

Cried like a baby during several moments....

I'm kinda speechless now...

I didn't think I would cry, I just couldn't at the beginning. But when Brooke talked, I don't know, I just fell apart. I've never cried that hard, I though I was gonna die.
And when Jermaine and Usher sang, that also got to me. And Marlon... but the thing that touched me the most was Paris. Jeez. I feel for her. Such a beautiful kid.
She doesn't deserve this pain

I have gone through almost a whole box of tissues today, but it was good to cry, it was the most beautiful and dignified memorial for any star I have seen. I thought it might have been like James Brown, which was OK but this had so much class. Well done to Kenny Ortega and AEG. And the family was every bit as dignified as I expected. They truely are wonderful.

just curious does this have any effect on the rules about posting pictures of his children now? I mean his daughter got up in front of a crowd and gave a speech and in rescent times MJ had been repeatedly seen with his children in public without the masks. the whole point was to protect their identity, but everyone knows what they look like now so even MJ wasn't making them wear the masks anymore.

oh my Lord, I'v cried so much im all dried up.
I was just getting to grips with my emotions when Marlon spoke and then when Paris spoke I was totally gone. I feel emotionally drained.
It was a wonderful service, an excellent mix of respect and mourning and celebration of Michael's legacy and his life.
I will always love you Michael

Marlon and Paris really made me cry. I know Marlon was so close to Mike growing up so I know it was so hard for him to speak today.

Marlon made me cry jermaine made me cry paris made me cry. Did you see how she was clinging to her grandmother. And blanket had me in tears too he looked so hurt. It's sad he's so young and the impact of it all has'nt hit him fully yet or aleast thats what it looked like to me.i just pray for them i do and i hope they stay with michael's mother and family they seem so close i noticed paris clung to janet too.

When i saw Stevie Wonder come up on stage, i immediately broke down. Also Usher's performance of Gone Too Soon was amazing. *tears*.
But the big cry feast was when Marlon & Paris spoke.
Bless their hearts, :(

Lionel Richie's performance is when I started crying, then it didn't stop.

it was so emotional the whole thing, i cried and cried

Paris, Paris, Paris she was the highlight that child won everyones hearts. Marlon was so sincerely in pain he like the rest of them really ,really, loved Michael. Loved his story about Mike wearing the masked. I did not know he was a twin, or is that truth?

I cried from the begining I found that sound to be sooo beautifull that they sang on his entrance.

I basically cried the entire way through, quietly with tears streaming down my face. But I guess there were even more tears when Jermaine sang or when Stevie's song first started. The poem by Maya Angelou was amazing. Marlon made me cry more. Then Paris just broke my heart.

Paris, Paris, Paris she was the highlight that child won everyones hearts. Marlon was so sincerely in pain he like the rest of them really ,really, loved Michael. Loved his story about Mike wearing the masked. I did not know he was a twin, or is that truth?

I cried from the begining I found that sound to be sooo beautifull that they sang on his entrance.

His twin Brandon was stillborn. Michael said in an interview once that he had 9 siblings.

Did I miss something?

During his speech, Magic Johnson spoke about coming over to Michael's house to discuss being in RTT. His chef asked him what he wanted and he said grilled chicken. When the chef came out he gave Magic his grilled chicken and a bucket of KFC to Michael.

I also cried the entire way through. I even started shaking when the brothers came in with the casket, everything was just SO beautiful! Marlon and Paris ... No words! :boohoo

tito breaking down at the end and i think jackie comforted him

"there was nothing strange about your daddy"...kudos Al Sharpton

It was a beautifully done program. I cried several times. I still am. But I am feeling better knowing he has gone to a better place and that God really did need him more.

I should probably count the times I DIDN'T cry. The whole thing was so incredibly emotional, A LOT better than I'd expected.

First time I broke down when I saw the coffin for the first time. I felt like pulling my hair out. Then it was Stevie...Jesus, he SO got to me!!! Brooke, Usher (him touching the coffin was a killer), Rev. Al Sharpton, Marlon (he was just pulling my tears out) and then....the ever so lovely lady Paris..... She was the star of the show. I so wanted to hug her.

Beautiful, but so painful :cry:

Back