IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Round" bonus track [Discussion]

Re: Countdown for Don't Be Messin' 'Round !!

I heard it was reworked in 2008? any confirmation on this?

Maybe, because Brad Buxer & Michael Durham Prince are credited as co-writers on one version of the song registrated in 2010. But that is not the version that will be released, I think.

I'd imagine we are getting the one recorded in the Bad era and not any re-worked versions?

Jackson To Re-Release 'Thriller'

According to Fox News columnist Roger Friedman, Pop superstar Michael Jackson is preparing to release a revamped version of his best-selling LP 'Thriller'. Rapper/producer Kanye West is among those lined up to contribute to the project. Check out the report below:

[Michael] Jackson is involved in putting together a 25th anniversary edition of his best-selling album, “Thriller.” Those with long memories will recall that “Thriller” is considered the biggest-selling pop album of all time, succeeding Carole King’s “Tapestry” and Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon” and breaking every record it came near.

Jackson’s new music attorney, Peter Lopez, told me on Tuesday that about four of the original “Thriller” tracks are being remixed as “extras” for the CD package. Kanye West, Akon and will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas are supposed to be doing that work. The songs are “Billie Jean,” “The Girl Is Mine,” “Wanna Be Starting Something” and “Pretty Young Thing.”

In addition, Lopez says that four tracks left off “Thriller” in 1983 will be included. Jackson’s longtime producer Bruce Swedien, who no longer works with the pop star, told me that one track he knows of is a killer. It’s called “Don’t Be Messin’ Around.” Swedien doesn’t know any of the other tracks left off the album but said there may be some out there.
{Source}

Though I'd much prefer Michael to drop his long-awaited new album sooner rather than later, I guess this will wet the appetite of his fans, whilst re-introducing him to the masses.

Besides from the few songs that have leaked, MJ is back.
Posted by GWOODA at 10/29/2007
http://www.industryblitz.com/2007_10_28_archive.html

*So in 2007, in anticipation of Thriller 25, besides the remixes, there were going to be 4 songs included that didn't make the cut on the original "Thriller." Also, it is mentioned that there was an album coming out, although this could have been just a rumor.
But the talk of 4 songs being included are still out there. One of them is being released this week!

Yes, Joe Vogel confirmed it, but said that the snippet is from an early demo. Not the one that will be released.

Interesting, so what will be released could sound noticeably different, i am intrigued! i didn't really like the sound of the snippet, i mean it sounded nice, but just like a kinda tune that doesn't really do a lot for me, but who knows, it was a mere seven seconds. I'm really looking forward to hearing the song, especially if Michael is playing piano on it, that'l be really exiting to here, can't wait to here how the melody and the music goes, and it's another chance to here some fresh MJ vocals, really looking forward to this one!

Michael seemed to rework a lot of past songs in his final years. "I Was a Loser," "Don't Be Messin'". I wish they would release the reworked version online so we can see what Michael changed :D

My last 2 experiences with both amazon and MJ.com weren't happy ones: my item never arrived. I guess I can try again but its a constant battle with the sellers and I rather save the stress.

My last 2 experiences with both amazon and MJ.com weren't happy ones: my item never arrived. I guess I can try again but its a constant battle with the sellers and I rather save the stress.

try www.wowhd.com - they ship anywhere in the world - and free shipping. - I've ordered A LOT from there - and even though it takes some time, it always come.

Michael seemed to rework a lot of past songs in his final years. "I Was a Loser," "Don't Be Messin'". I wish they would release the reworked version online so we can see what Michael changed :D

They could release all the different versions as bonus tracks on singles. Fill those singles! :D

Try ebay. If your item doesn't arrive in less than 45 days you can ask your money back from the seller (they always refund) or if they refuse to refund, ebay refunds your money.

Try ebay. If your item doesn't arrive in less than 45 days you can ask your money back from the seller (they always refund) or if they refuse to refund, ebay refunds your money.

Most likely will do this. I never had problems with ebay. Thanks :D

I have only ordered from Amazon e-books (Kindle) so far, but I have read a story that when someone wrote to them that his items did not arrive, they sent them again for free.

I have only ordered from Amazon e-books (Kindle) so far, but I have read a story that when someone wrote to them that his items did not arrive, they sent them again for free.

That happened with me too but again, it never got here. I guess they have a way of sending things that doesnt make it through custom. I guess lol it's weird.

will the song be available for purchase on itunes?

Please leak today....

Hope it's released in the way Michael left it. That it's good enough to release without someone else who 'finished' it.

suprised is a ballad. the title sounds agressive. sweden says its best michael ever did, then why wasnt on the album?
oh well, BJ almost didnt make the cut, so we will hear in few days.

suprised is a ballad. the title sounds agressive. sweden says its best michael ever did, then why wasnt on the album?
oh well, BJ almost didnt make the cut, so we will hear in few days.
Judging by the snippet, it sounds more like a mid-tempo song. Probably about love? Fooling around? Cheater-ish?

When Bruce said it was some of the best of Michael's work, I think he sort of hyped it up. Time will tell.

I can't wait!

Why would it leak today or tomorrow?

Why would it leak today or tomorrow?

How do you expect anyone to know for sure?

You've waited for this days/weeks/months/years... can't you just wait another four days? Sheesh...

Epic / Legacy Recordings will re-release the original first single from the album "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" as a CD Single with a previously unreleased bonus track from the BAD sessions, "Don't Be Messin' 'Round (demo)."
Do you know which year were the vocals recorded?
No, not which year.
1986 im pretty sure
I read Bruce said it was recorded in 1990. Can't find any source right now.

Surely if that's true then it can't be an outtake from Bad...

^ Exactly. I'm gonna try to find out where that info is from.
Pentum, did you find anything?

Cuz now I'm a little confused. I found this article:

Additionally, Jackson's music attorney Peter Lopez says four leftover tracks from the Thriller sessions will be featured. One of the songs, "Don't Be Messin' Around," is hyped as "killer" by Jacko's ex-producer Bruce Swedien.

So is the song actually from Bad or Thriller?:mello::unsure:
Somebody help me out here.
Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...iller-avoiding-bahrain-20071018#ixzz1wArxVabd

Maybe it's from Thriller but reworked for Bad?

Maybe it's from Thriller but reworked for Bad?

Or maybe it was written (or was recorded as a very rough demo) during the Thriller era. The snippet online of the song was confirmed by Joe Vogel to be from an early demo of the song (maybe the one from the Thriller sessions?).

Then again, For All Time was featured on T25 despite it clearly being a Dangerous era track. Maybe that too was written during the Thriller era, who knows...

Re: IJCSLY re-issue with "Don't Be Messin' Around" bonus track

I'm becoming insanely anxious to hear this song! :wild:

?? I've heard a Dangerous era demo of For All Time but I didn't know it was created in the late 80s/early 90s. I was under the impression that it didn't make the cut for Thriller and he went back and worked on it during the Dangerous sessions, where it was left on the floor. Finally he finished it up for T25.

But now that you say otherwise it does sound like a Dangerous song....but at the same time it has some similar melodies and sounds that you'd hear on a Thriller track. @.@

AliCat;3646612 said:
Jackson To Re-Release 'Thriller'

According to Fox News columnist Roger Friedman, Pop superstar Michael Jackson is preparing to release a revamped version of his best-selling LP 'Thriller'. Rapper/producer Kanye West is among those lined up to contribute to the project. Check out the report below:

[Michael] Jackson is involved in putting together a 25th anniversary edition of his best-selling album, “Thriller.” Those with long memories will recall that “Thriller” is considered the biggest-selling pop album of all time, succeeding Carole King’s “Tapestry” and Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon” and breaking every record it came near.

Jackson’s new music attorney, Peter Lopez, told me on Tuesday that about four of the original “Thriller” tracks are being remixed as “extras” for the CD package. Kanye West, Akon and will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas are supposed to be doing that work. The songs are “Billie Jean,” “The Girl Is Mine,” “Wanna Be Starting Something” and “Pretty Young Thing.”

In addition, Lopez says that four tracks left off “Thriller” in 1983 will be included. Jackson’s longtime producer Bruce Swedien, who no longer works with the pop star, told me that one track he knows of is a killer. It’s called “Don’t Be Messin’ Around.” Swedien doesn’t know any of the other tracks left off the album but said there may be some out there.
{Source}

Though I'd much prefer Michael to drop his long-awaited new album sooner rather than later, I guess this will wet the appetite of his fans, whilst re-introducing him to the masses.

Besides from the few songs that have leaked, MJ is back.
Posted by GWOODA at 10/29/2007
http://www.industryblitz.com/2007_10_28_archive.html

*So in 2007, in anticipation of Thriller 25, besides the remixes, there were going to be 4 songs included that didn't make the cut on the original "Thriller." Also, it is mentioned that there was an album coming out, although this could have been just a rumor.
But the talk of 4 songs being included are still out there. One of them is being released this week!

Hi AliCat,
I'm just now at this moment seeing the article that you posted yesterday.
While checking out some stuff online about DBMA, I found practically the same article
TODAY, but from Rolling Stone- Music and posted it in the other thread.
I was like WTH??
So regarding your bolded part, I am wondering what's up too.

No wonder folks were looking at me like I'm crazy.:busted: LOL!

Back