In your opinion - What is Michael's Worst Song?

I can't believe there are MJ fans that hates Who Is It. That song is probably the most greatest MJ song ever. Well only after Earth Song and Stranger In Moscow. I can maybe see why with the other songs but not with Who Is It. It has been the only MJ song I had an obsession with. Ever since first hearing it on the Oprah Interview over 20 years ago.

It's been a long time since I posted here ...
So I ask, in your opinion, which is Michael Jackson's worst song? ...
Those songs that, when you hear them you can't help but see the colour red.

Here is your answer according to the Various opinions posted here
Is this what you were looking for ?

The Lost Children
You Are My Life
Butterflies
It's The Falling In Love
2000 Watts
Girlfriend
Can't let her get away
Privacy
It's the falling in love
Just Good Friends
Can't Let Her Get Away
Burn This Disco Out
Bad
This time around
streetwalker
Superfly Sister
The Girl Is Mine
Fly Away
You Are My Life
Heaven can Wait
Little Susie
Privacy
History
Don't walk away
All In Your Name
Man In The Mirror
Cry
Who Is It
Smile
Morphine
Beat It
Whatever Happens
Stranger In Moscow
Blood On The Dance Floor
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Heal The World

Personally I find this thread very sad

I was thinking the exact same thing. Michael would be hurt if he saw this. All of those songs he put his hard work into.

The way I see it: the title of the thread is not "MJ songs we hate". It's "What is Michael's Worst Song?" There is a difference. I do not hate any MJ song, but that doesn't mean I consider all of his songs equally good. That would be dishonest. It's natural that every artist has better and worse creations. IMO the thread is only about what we think were less good efforts, not that we hate those songs.

Having said that, I disagree with many of the choices being on that list, but we are all different and have different tastes.

The way I see it: the title of the thread is not "MJ songs we hate". It's "What is Michael's Worst Song?" There is a difference. I do not hate any MJ song, but that doesn't mean I consider all of his songs equally good. That would be dishonest. It's natural that every artist has better and worse creations. IMO the thread is only about what we think were less good efforts, not that we hate those songs.

Having said that, I disagree with many of the choices being on that list, but we are all different and have different tastes.

I agree with you as well, but I just can't see how anyone can't see Michael's music as perfect. But as you said, we are different, and have different tastes.

I think Privacy and Don't Walk Away are some of the worst song he ever made and those came from Invincible. But overall I felt that Invincible was his weakest album, even weaker than 'Michael' album despite its controversies. Especially when it took so long to produce and the fact that Rodney Jerkins made great songs for Whitney Houston and Destinys Child and Teddy Rileys previous collaboration with Michael on Dangerous and BOTDF. It was like Michael saved the strong and great songs in the vault during that session and put the weak songs on Invincible. The songs from the vault were like We've Had Enough, Another Day, One More Chance, A Place With No Name, The Way You Love and Fall Again.

Smile, hands down. I don't hate it per se; Michael gives a beautiful vocal delivery, but I always found that song extremely boring and uninteresting. I've only listened to it a handful of times since HIStory came out some 18 years ago.

I find some of you guys very rude...reading words like "hate", "worst"...

What is supposed to be the worst song to me ? A song I would skip on a playlist ?
Then there's none for me :)

Frankly there's none I hate. As bumper highlighted, MJ coloured any song he put his vocals on. And time after time, I am (re)discovering weaker songs and learning how to enjoy them better. Like The Falling In Love....its a "happy" song, lively, enjoyable ;D

Well, The song I least like listening to is "Beat It". It's just over played around these parts..

(Don't be upset guys)
;)

There is no such thing as the worst song when it comes to Michael, I love them all. However.. I loved Whatever Happens so much and played it all the time, I still think it´s a wonderful song, but a few fans destroyed it for me when they started to say it´s about Shana Mangatal and all that hoopla. I can´t listen to it anymore. No offense to this Shana person, but it´s just..nah.

Privacy is the name of this thread. haha
I understand that we are all MJ fans and we love him and his songs, but we have to admit it that he had bad songs too.

Honestly, I can't even say 'worst' when it comes to MJ. I guess if I have to pick, I'd say Privacy. Although, there are elements I do love in that song. The strings at the end are really cool and I love his gritty voice. But if the song shuffles on my iPod, I usually skip it :fear:

ok so, I don't actually think any individual song by Michael is his worst, I just have a few that I could just live without listening to from time to time. To be fair theres only few. For instance I think Girlfriend and It's The Falling In Love are abit cheesy considering how music tastes have changed however, looking back at the late 70's when Off The Wall album was released I think people thought they were hidden gems, especially Burn The Disco Out which is a brill song for parties just a general feel good song.

Anyway back to what I was saying, none of Michaels song I feel are 'The worst' as the thread question asks. I just think that some songs are good at different times and different social situations if you get me.

I can't say that any one song is altogether WHACK lol, but a few, sweet and heartfelt as they are, are just more skip-able to my ears. Speechless, Fly Away and Just Good Friends are sweet and playful (not so much Speechless but the other two), but just don't make my tail wag...

Dude, no mean to disrespect but as far as I'm concerned, some of us might consider a song "weak" or "not radio friendly", lacking of potential etc.... but some others might have that very song as a huge fave (as has been my case with some here) I see Can't Let Her Get Away listed often and IMO it's a great song, also It's the Falling in Love and many others that are listed here... I'm not saying that by being an MJ fan it means you'll love every song of his blindly, but the man was a genius and each of the songs that are included (or not) on his records have a reason to be, HE like them and being the perfectionist he was, they must've sounded GREAT.

Last edited:
Just have to say that Girlfriend and Its the falling in love are amazing songs ! my least favourite would have to be 2000 watts and this time around....

Another song that I will admit is his worst song Man In The Mirror. I think that song is more worst than The Girl Is Mine. It is my most hated MJ song ever.

I hate Who Is It....and it's too long!

:bugeyed:blink::eek: These are two of his best songs! Well, there's no accounting for taste, as they say...

My least favourite MJ songs are:

Invincible (overproduced)
You Are My Life (cheesy)
Girlfriend (cheesy)
Privacy (weak chorus)
I Just Can't Stop Loving You (boring)
Heal The World (boring)
Childhood (whiny)

It has been many, many years since I've last listened to It's The Falling In Love, Can't Let Her Get Away and She Drives Me Wild. I don't even remember what they sound like so they must have been thoroughly unimpressive to me.

Of course, this list pales in comparison to the huge amount of MJ songs I absolutely love. I don't know anyone with a catalogue as strong as Michael's.

Hmmm :sorry:

But I will have to say blood on the dance floor and stranger in Moscow.

Michael never released a "bad" song tbh. he put all of his soul an creative genius into each recording into all of his songs. yes some songs may be confusing, Don't Walk Away. I understand the message portrayed in that. 2,000 watts is also a great song if listened to from the heart and not the judging of the lyrics. People said You are my life? seriously? you need your ears cleaning out. Michael is a perfectionist and fans discussing which of his songs is worst? I'm disgusted to say the least, to me all of his songs are perfect examples of the definition of a genius. I love you Michael, thanks for all the music you blessed our live's with over the years. I love you forever :heart:

:bugeyed:blink::eek: These are two of his best songs! Well, there's no accounting for taste, as they say...

My least favourite MJ songs are:

Invincible (overproduced)
You Are My Life (cheesy)
Girlfriend (cheesy)
Privacy (weak chorus)
I Just Can't Stop Loving You (boring)
Heal The World (boring)
Childhood (whiny)

It has been many, many years since I've last listened to It's The Falling In Love, Can't Let Her Get Away and She Drives Me Wild. I don't even remember what they sound like so they must have been thoroughly unimpressive to me.

Of course, this list pales in comparison to the huge amount of MJ songs I absolutely love. I don't know anyone with a catalogue as strong as Michael's.

Heal the World in that list? okay then. You are my life is cheesy? it's written for his children.

seriously, what is wrong with people judging. Michael was proud of each release, I can't believe this.

This is a thread of opinions and I see a lot of my favourites being listed but that doesn't bother me :) From my viewpoint the song I listen to the least is Little Susie.

Michael doesn't have "a worst song" in my humble opinion, period... He wrote all those songs from the :heart: and I cringe from all the judgement :scratch:

Back