Incredible lifelike Michael Jackson Thriller bust [Update] The Creator comments in our thread

I love it too Godaiking and you should be very proud. Really looking forward to what you do with Dangerous and HIStory :) There is no other like you, that has created busts that captures the likeness and essence of Michael.

Absolutely beautiful creations. I cannot wait for Dangerous :wub::swoon::party:

I love it too Godaiking and you should be very proud. Really looking forward to what you do with Dangerous and HIStory :) There is no other like you, that has created bust that captures the likeness and essence of Michael.

Thanks As always, I appreciate the kind words.

Even though I used a lifecast, I sometimes can't believe I produced this. Michael's music seriously defined a time in my life when things were "ok". Also, his music helped get through perhaps my worst year (which was 2009 ironically) of my life. To know that he is no longer around in this plane of existence is somewhat surreal and a sometimes painful for me (and I imagine a great deal of the people on this forum).

I just hope that making this bust for the lucky people who end up owning them is another way of keeping his spirit alive.

There should be some way of mass producing these, perhaps by that new 3D printing technique, we need exact replicas in all different sizes so we can all have mini Michael keyrings, dolls, full size statues etc, to replace all the rubbish un-lifelike merchandise we have to put up with! Estate strike a deal with this incredible talented man and do it! x

Just finished this up for a Japanese fan:

michael_jackson_1_1_lifesize_bust_bad_era_by_godaiking-d767gep.jpg

michael_jackson_1_1_lifesize_bust_bad_era_pic2_by_godaiking-d76bcv4.jpg

I think I did the eyebrows better on this than the last. But this will be the last Bad bust I post here for a while. I just love this sculpt so much!

I just finished my FINAL Thriller sculpt 2.5 version. I know you guys maybe sick of the Thriller era, but I really think I got this new sculpt the most perfect I can get. I plan on building a "Beat It" statue with this new sculpt.

After that, I'm going to branch off into Dangerous and HIStory.

Could you put a timelapse video on youtube of you making one of these? I know a lot of us would appreciate it and it would get a ton of views

You are so very talented to be able to make a realistic bust like this!! Even the little creases in his bottom lip look real. This is beautiful. If you do another one, I would love to see an MJ bust from the Dangerous Era.

My god. This is AWESOME! Man you've hit the nail on its head! It looks so real!

Just finished this up for a Japanese fan:

michael_jackson_1_1_lifesize_bust_bad_era_by_godaiking-d767gep.jpg

michael_jackson_1_1_lifesize_bust_bad_era_pic2_by_godaiking-d76bcv4.jpg

I think I did the eyebrows better on this than the last. But this will be the last Bad bust I post here for a while. I just love this sculpt so much!

I just finished my FINAL Thriller sculpt 2.5 version. I know you guys maybe sick of the Thriller era, but I really think I got this new sculpt the most perfect I can get. I plan on building a "Beat It" statue with this new sculpt.

After that, I'm going to branch off into Dangerous and HIStory.

1620498_492478167527225_638461704_n.jpg
:woohoo:

You probably have answered this question already, but I imagine you listen to
MJ's music whilst creating your pieces... do you?

It's funny. I actually can't go a day without listening to Michael's music. Either driving in a car or while working. My favorite song PERIOD is Human Nature. It reminds me so much of my childhood.

You need to keep doing this for the rest of your life. Because when I get more money, I am 100% buying one, preferably Dangerous or History era!

I really hope you have one of each era for display somewhere for the public.... these are the best I've ever seen of Michael!! :yes:
Perhaps, it could be in exchange for charity, a cause MJ liked in some way.

I really hope you have one of each era for display somewhere for the public.... these are the best I've ever seen of Michael!! :yes:
Perhaps, it could be in exchange for charity, a cause MJ liked in some way.

Wow, that's a good idea. Recently, I was talking to my wife about donating our time and money to help people in need (there's alot in Los Angeles which is close to where I live). Never thought about donating my actual work to one.

What were some of Michael's charities?

It's funny. I actually can't go a day without listening to Michael's music. Either driving in a car or while working. My favorite song PERIOD is Human Nature. It reminds me so much of my childhood.

I hear ya. I rarely miss a day myself. Even before he passed.

Your work is amazing. Thanks so much. :)

Wow, that's a good idea. Recently, I was talking to my wife about donating our time and money to help people in need (there's alot in Los Angeles which is close to where I live). Never thought about donating my actual work to one.

What were some of Michael's charities?

There's a list in the Legacy Team forum titled Make That Change with Michael Jackson supported charities.
:)

OMG!!! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! :bow:Mike would looooove it!!! Congratulations to the creator, and Thanks so much for sharing! :)

wouldn't it be great if he could actually make a full life size MJ figure?

wouldn't it be great if he could actually make a full life size MJ figure?

It would be great, especially if the estate purchase 1 life-sized Michael figure and put it into Michael museum :wild:

Hey everyone,

Been awhile since I showed any work here. Been super busy with life. Here's some pics of my new 2.5 Thriller era bust in different styles:

lifesize_1_1_michael_jackson_thriller_statue_bust_by_godaiking-d7kynas.jpg

new_1_1_billie_jean_mj_bust_2_5_pic4_by_godaiking-d7odscn.jpg

Here's a Bad era bust I just did around Michael's 5th death anniversary for a Japanese fan (the orangeness is from the lighting I used):

bad_era_lifesize_bust_michael_jackson_1_1_by_godaiking-d7nf8jm.jpg

I know these are all the same looks I've been doing, but I'm going to change it up soon.

Going to start working (again) on my perosnal Thriller statue using my new version 2.5 bust. Also, I plan on making a Bad era/Moonwalker/Speedemon statue. After that, I'll be working on Michael in his "Dangerous" era and doing some different looks in the Bad and Thriller eras.

These are absolutely incredible and spot on!
If there is statues of MJ,o often the eyes are all wrong, but your (Michael's) eyes are so right.
How do you do eyes?

I think the estate should order different bust for different era from you so they can display them to future MJ museum.

These are absolutely incredible and spot on!
If there is statues of MJ,o often the eyes are all wrong, but your (Michael's) eyes are so right.
How do you do eyes?

I think the estate should order different bust for different era from you so they can display them to future MJ museum.

Thanks! ALOT of OCD (and Michael's music) goes into making both the sculpts and the final products. I'm never satisfied with the sculpt on them so I'm constantly updating small things that bug me. Just check out the first post in this thread and you can see how far I've come from my original versions.

The eyes are acrylic prosthetic eyes which is why they look so real.

I still haven't even tried to push these on Madame Tussauds, the MJ estate or any other big company yet. I need to. It would be so cool to make various versions of these in either Beat It, Billie Jean, Human Nature, 1984 Grammys, Bad, The way you make me feel, etc etc. Seeing these in person are pretty amazing. Would love for other fans to have that experience.

Thanks! ALOT of OCD (and Michael's music) goes into making both the sculpts and the final products. I'm never satisfied with the sculpt on them so I'm constantly updating small things that bug me. Just check out the first post in this thread and you can see how far I've come from my original versions.

The eyes are acrylic prosthetic eyes which is why they look so real.

I still haven't even tried to push these on Madame Tussauds, the MJ estate or any other big company yet. I need to. It would be so cool to make various versions of these in either Beat It, Billie Jean, Human Nature, 1984 Grammys, Bad, The way you make me feel, etc etc. Seeing these in person are pretty amazing. Would love for other fans to have that experience.

With your skills, you even shouldn't be pushing these to anyone, they should be coming to you:)

About the eyes, I actually meant eyes as whole, including eyelids, lashes, shape of the eyes, and especially lower eyelids are so eerily like Michael's. You got them perfectly right.

Ok now that I've seen these I never want to go to Madame Tussauds again! In comparison to this, all MJ wax figures suck big time, and I've seen many!! You're incredibly talented... please do something about it, this has to be displayed somewhere, ASAP!:bugeyed :bow:

and sorry for screaming :angel:

Working on a new statue for myself. Took this pic and added color to his upper arms through Paintshop (the look like crap I know). Just need to get those arms and hands done...so challenging.

michael_jackson_lifesize_statue_project_by_godaiking-d80jblw.jpg

Also, working on a modified Moonwalker bust. I'll have some pics of that up soon. I'd like to eventually do a Smooth Criminal display soon.

These are absolutely unbelievable. You really do have an indescribable talent for these. I'd honestly love to buy one,but I'm totally poor lol.

That looks so real! These should be displayed in a museum with Michael's real clothes.

Back