Invincible - what songs should have been released as a single ?

Invincible - what songs should have been released as singles

• Total voters
YRMW, Break Of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait and Butterflies. I don't think many of them would appeal to non-Michael fans though, appart from You Rock My World.

I voted for everything except: Don't Walk Away, The Lost Children, Speechless, Heaven Can Wait, Privacy, You Are My Life and (I know I'm in the minority here) Break Of Dawn.

u certainly are.

in the minority, that is.

I voted for everything except: Don't Walk Away, The Lost Children, Speechless, Heaven Can Wait, Privacy, You Are My Life and (I know I'm in the minority here) Break Of Dawn.

-----------> lol

unbreakable
speechless
break of dawn
you rock my world
you are my life

in that order also, coming back with a bang with unbreakable then the gorgeous speechless nice chilled r&b number in break of dawn, then up the tempo a bit with you rock my world and then finish the single releases with you are my life showing to the fans that we are the be all and end all.

just my thoughts on the album, it never got the recognition it deserved it was a new sound for mj and they just panned it big time

Unbreakable
Break of Dawn
2000 Watts
Whatever Happens

Man, Unbreakable and Whatever Happens would've been soooo good to release as videos. It would've been especially exciting to see MJ and Santana in the same one.

I thought "Butterflies" was a single. It was a hit on the R&B charts (USA) and there was even a remix with Eve.

Well I really like all the tracks to be released as a single, but I really like Unbreakable, Heartbreaker, Speechless.

Break of Dawn is another story. I think it's great as a single, but a bit too suggestive to have a music video... But that's just my opinion.

^Well you can release a single and not have a music video for it - at least I think so. I'm pretty sure a lot of artists release songs without videos. It just so happens that a lot of MJ's singles end up being videos, I think.

i voted every one of them. the weakest song on there could eat anything on the radio, today, for breakfast.

Disagree.

-

My singles altogether would have been -

Unbreakable
You Rock My World
Butterflies
Break of Dawn
Whatever Happens

The above are all commercially viable, fan favourites and great songs.
In my opinion the other 11 songs should have been scrapped for Invincible as I feel they are just filler songs.

How can Heartbreaker be considered anything other than filler? You can't even understand what Michael is growling.

When I first heard the song I was so amazed by how in-comprehensible it was that I spent a whole afternoon trying to get the lyrics down on paper because I'd lost the album booket. (NOTE: I was a kid when I did this, had alot of time on my hands).

Heaven Can Wait - not even worth mentioning. It's a lazy attempt at an R&B ballad.

I think that Michael's comments in Ebony magazine about creating albums where every song could be a hit single were not aimed at Invincible.

has anyone seen the interview where michael says that he is planing to do videos for Threatened and butterflies ? from back in october 2001

Heartbreaker is a great dance song ans it's not hard to understand him.
HCW is a beautiful song.

No, Invincible is clearly not all hit songs. But Heartbreaker and HCW are great songs, as opposed to songs like YAML and Speechless.

Mystic - I would totally agree with you.

The two songs you mentioned are no way hit material nor should they have been on the album.

I feel bad for slagging off this album because I am a big MJ fan but you have to admit this album was no where near Michael's previous standards.

I mean, I would have preferred to have had the 5 new songs from Blood On The Dance Floor and my five single choices from Invincible plus Xscape and We've Had Enough and made that into a 12 track album.

Mystic - I would totally agree with you.

The two songs you mentioned are no way hit material nor should they have been on the album.

I feel bad for slagging off this album because I am a big MJ fan but you have to admit this album was no where near Michael's previous standards.

I mean, I would have preferred to have had the 5 new songs from Blood On The Dance Floor and my five single choices from Invincible plus Xscape and We've Had Enough and made that into a 12 track album.

yeah..their where several songs on there that wernt the best. I picked Invincible, Privacy, and whatever happens. I never liked Break of Dawn or HCW. I chose Privacy partly b/c I think it would have made a stament to the ppl listening to it that hated Mike. I would have loved what you said, 'cept w/ my choices, minus the BOTDF tracks and a better version Shout. :p + better songs. sorry to Mike...but yeaah. ;)

Break of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait

watever happens??? that song is boringggggg

You Rock My World never got released officially as a single in the US but it charted at No.10 based purely on radio airplay, so I think there is a good chance that it would have gotten to No.1.

Butterflies again would have been a top 5 hit if officially released as a single because it charted at No.14 based solely on radio airplay and critical and public reception to that song was very strong at the time.

Break of Dawn would have been a hit too since that managed to chart at number thirty something based just on airplay.

I personally think Heartbreaker would have been a big dance hit.

I think Unbreakable, Threatened, 2000 Watts and Whatever Happens would have all been top 10 hits across the world.

Speechless would have probably charted well in Europe but not in the US.

I still think Don't Walk Away should have been released as a single. That song makes the album, it's honestly one of the best songs Michael has ever done.

Also, Break Of Dawn would have been great as a single, too. I love the singing on that track. And Whatever Happens, of course, is another great one.

So many great songs, I would have released these as singles

01 You rock my world
02 Whatever happens
03 Butterflies
04 Speechless
05 2000 Watts/Threatened (double a-sided)

Back