Invincible - what songs should have been released as a single ?

Invincible - what songs should have been released as singles

• Total voters
Break of Dawn:wub: and Unbreakable! Whatever Happens also -- not one of my favourites, but could have done well with a cool video to accompany it. :)

We all know sony did everything they could to make this album bomb and they only released 3 songs from the entire album,
which do you think had the potential to make it as a number 1 hit single ?

Yeah, Sony did everything possible to make the album bomb like pour 30 million dollars into it -- how evil of them! Please. What should have been released? The whole album w/ its generic rodney jerkins sound should have been scrapped. Most of the love songs and herky-jerky uptempo tracks sounded like throwaways from the Backstreet Boys and N'Sync, which is about 97% of the album. Maybe it sold worse than the other albums because the quality is that much worse.

This album sounds far too mechanical in my opinion. Even so, it could have been bigger than it was from a commercial perspective. I'm surprised that 'You Are My Life" didn't get more votes than it did. Not that it's my favorite track, but it's hit potential is so obvious that it should have been the second single. It could have been for "Invincible" what "You Are Not Alone" was for "History." Follow that up with "Heartbreaker" and you have yet another hit.

Butterflies was a single released yes, I heard it few times on radio here, but was not publicised enough.

I voted for Break of dawn, 2000 watts, don,t walk away and whatever happens

Unbreakable would have been the PERFECT first single. Better than any of his previous first singles aside from maybe Black or White. I think It would've gone to number 1 for multiple weeks on both the pop and R&B charts here in the USA. Whatever HAppens would have gone to number 1 on the Adult contemporary chart and top 10 for sure on pop and R&B. Some of those other ballads would have been great as well. I'm glad You Rock My World was released as a single, just not the first single. Unbreakable would have been historical for Michael in my humble opinion.

Butterflies, Break of Dawn and Heaven Can Wait. I read an interview with Teddy Riley that he will be doing Heaven Can Wait using Michael's vocals with Blackstreet and that Michael agreed to let him so maybe that will come true. I can't wait.

Oh I'm going to have to think about this one, lol. I love most of the songs on it.

Assuming there were nine singles, like Bad and Dangerous, here's the order I'd like to have seen (assuming You Rock My World and Cry were already the first two):

3. Unbreakable
4. Butterflies
5. Invincible
6. Heartbreaker
7. Whatever Happens
8. Heaven Can Wait
9. 2000 Watts

If there were six singles like HIStory, then:

3. Unbreakable
4. Butterflies
5. Invincible
6. Whatever Happens

Unbreakable
Privacy
Break Of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait
Threatened.

I don't undertand the media saying that Invincible was a down point for Michael. Invincible is an amazing album full of beautiful songs.

2000 Watts, Whatever Happens, and Threatened would have been sure fire hits. I don't know why Vince was so unpopular-I think its a phenomenal album.

Speechless
Don't Walk Away
Whatever Happens
Threatened
Unbreakable

Last edited:
wow this is sooo hard i have voted for Heartbreaker and its a good dancing tune for me :blush: but i totally love the album can listen to it continuously again and again

i see that i already voted, but i forgot. considering the size of MJ's fanbase..all of the songs should have been released as singles. and i said that, back in 2001.

I bloody love Invincible. Such a great album. Looked up on Wikipedia and apparently Vince has sold 13 million copies as of 2009 :) With singles and proper promotion who knows how well it would have sold!

Singles:
-Unbreakable
-Invincible
-Break Of Dawn
-Heaven Can Wait
-You Rock My World
-Butterflies
-Speechless
-2000 Watts
-Don't Walk Away
-Whatever Happens
-Threatened

Oop haha. 11 singles is a bit much! Oh well hehe. Shows the quality on this album IMO. Still very very underrated even amongst Michael fans. It is a great album.

Heartbreaker
Speechless
Whatever Happens
Threatened
Break Of Dawn

:yes:

Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
Invincible
Break of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait
Speechless
2000 watts
threatened
whatever happens

I think all of the above songs would have been #1 hits, if not top 3. I liked the other songs on the album as well, but think that Lost Children should have been released as a charity single as well to help underprivileged children around the world.

Back