Is there anyone else who can't listen to his music right now?

i can't. it's too painful, really painful
but i could watch something and i feel like watching his photos. Quixotica posted "the funniest moments of MJ" somewhere on the forum and for the first time it made me smile. God he's just so amazing. How can one person be so amazing?

Yes, I still listen to the music. Not even his death could stop me from listening. For some reason, I feel like he's watching me shaken and touched my shoulder and saying "It's okay. I'm here with you now."

That's how I feel. I will continue to listen to the music for the rest of my life.

Damnit that right there just tore me up. My eyes are waterfalls right now..

I didn't think I was ready, but I just heard my neighbours talking about MJ and would they turn Neverland into a shrine etc. So I got my partner's ghetto blaster, opened my window and went outside with my 2 daughters (one who is named after MJ and who's birthday is MJ's death day - go figure), and we all took turns skipping and listening to the King of Pop CD. Then my daughters asked me if we could watch the History short films DVD so we're inside watching it now - BAD is on right now (this is the track and video that really shot my fandom into the stratosphere). It's actually helping me, although I'm still bursting out crying every now and then.

Oh God, Michael - you'll always be with us.

RIP King of Entertainment

no i cant listen to his music i cant see his videos i feel empty i feel ive lost a part of my soul,who was expecting this..i wish he was ilive and never do the concerts..

i can't listen any of his songs or watch his videos now...

I can't. No way am I giving up any of his CDs, but, I just can't listen to them right now. The few times I've been in the car, his music has been on the radio. It upsets me, I think "why couldn't you have supported him before?"

It's therapy for me to listen to his music. Some songs I join in and do a duet with him (Beat It, Bad, Billie Jean, etc), some songs are tougher to handle.....yesterday I listen to "For All Time" and lost it.

Today when I was driving around town, I had Michael playing on my car sterio...I had the windows down and the radio CRANKED UP. I didn't give a shit who heard. We lost a music legend and I'm going to show everyone that I am a Michael Jackson fan, I'm proud to be a Michael Jackson fan, and I love and respect him.

It's going to be hard as the days go by, but we all will get through this

One Day In Your Life always gets to me so much, but I keep listening to it. Its beautiful. Thank-you Michael :)

I just can't. I know I would be crying so hard and it wouldn't be easy to stop. Even without listening to his music, the melodies of emotional songs like Music And Me, Will You Be There, One Day In Your Life, Gone Too Soon, etc. keep comin back into my head and it's very difficult to handle it.

I'm going through the motions on everything I'm supposed to do now. Getting the daily routines done is so difficult. Just like the song title, All I Do is Think of You Mike...

:( Not me....I will never be able to listen to the demerol song again.

Gosh, I'm the same. I even did a project about drugs 2 years ago and put "Morphine" as a soundtrack.
It's like Michael predicted everything.

I'm devastated.

EDIT:

And YANA, Gone too soon and Heaven can wait are the worst for me as well.

"Someone tell me why
Did you have to go
And leave my world so cold"

"Here one day, gone one night"

"Baby I'll stay, Heaven can wait"

WHY??????????? WHY COULDN'T HEAVEN WAIT?????
Michael was very much needed here, he IS needed here!!! Why did this have to happen????

Last edited:
I can't listen to his music right know, even if I think about it tears come runnning down my face, it hurts too much. I love you Michael and I miss you so badly.

I tried but it made me cry so I rather not for a while. I don't want to listen to ANY music at the moment.

I can't bring myself to listen to his music or watch any of his videos either. I'm too devastated to indulge in his work the way I used to. The other day, I cried in my car while listening to "Thriller," my all-time favorite song of his.

I can, "Speechless" the beautiful voice of him make me feel he with me very close ..I cry a lot when listen to his song whatever song but I need him at least his voice with me :(

I couldn't listen yesterday, today I can listen to certain songs such as bad, i turned the tv over to vh1 and it happened to be on and I managed to listen and watch without crying. I can't listen to songs like Will you be there or Man In the Mirror, the tears start streaming as soon as I hear the first note :(

I watched the King of Pop special on Channel 9, but that's it. I forced myself to watch it, I don't know why. I guess I thought it would make all of this easier, but it didn't. So I haven't watched or listened to him since. It's just too painful right now. It hurts to even see a picture of him.

Listening to his music for me is just an extension of him...just a reminder that he is eternal/immortal. He will never die as long as we have his music and his art, and his spirit in our hearts.

Listening to his music for me is just an extension of him...just a reminder that he is eternal/immortal. He will never die as long as we have his music and his art, and his spirit in our hearts.
Same here. It's the only way I can be near him now and that's all I want to be, by drowning myself in his music.

Me neither. What is really difficult is that for some of us, we used his music when we were feeling down, or whatever and it would always pick us up! But now with everything that's happened, I can't find solace in his music, because I just hear his voice and it's devastating to know we'll never see him or hear that voice again...:':)'(

Me neither. What is really difficult is that for some of us, we used his music when we were feeling down, or whatever and it would always pick us up! But now with everything that's happened, I can't find solace in his music, because I just hear his voice and it's devastating to know we'll never see him or hear that voice again...:':)'(

That's exactly how I feel too. It has the opposite effect on me now. It just makes me want to cry when I hear it.

Re: Is there anyone else you can't listen to his music right now?

All I can do is listen to his music. It makes me smile.

Me too. I don't know how I would have coped without having that comfort of knowing that through his music he will always live on. I don't want Michael to be gone and for me not playing his music would be like denying his memory. It makes me happy to know he was able to share his gifts with the world while he could and I think we should celebrate that.

I can listen to a few upbeat songs right now, but that's it. The other day I tried to listen to "You Are Not Alone" and turned it off after a few seconds because I felt like I was gonna break down and cry and did, so I am staying away from the emotional songs. I can't look at pics or video's either--it just makes it worse for me. I can't listen to much music right now period---whether it's MJ or not-- which is odd for me because I'm always listening to music, but I haven't had the desire to lately.

actually, I feel a great comfort listening to his music now.. To hear his voice, his rythm.. the art that he created with such care and joy.
Makes me think "he was a music GOD". And gods never die do they? :)

What he created will never die.. Never.. And he will always be right next to you. All you have to do is to put on his music!

The cd changer in my car has had all six slots with an MJ album in since forever, but I cant switch it on any more. I know its half way through Billie Jean thats what it stopped at on Thursday when I got home from work.

Back