'I've learnt that life is precious': Janet Jackson on the death of her brother Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, first of all, the latter part of his life is the subject of these heated discussions. second of all..no. no one can truly know the innards of another human being. a human being can only know the true innards of themselves, and that is it. when they were kids, they said they were close. but when they grew, they said they went their separate ways...as in doing regular brotherly and sisterly things together(which isn't the same as knowing innermost private habits). neither family member can or did claim to know the innermost private ways and thoughts of another, especially, in adult life.

They were close until around about the Thriller era, they both have said, and Mike and Janet have both said they think alike and are similar, she may not have known him completly, who did? but out of all the family she probably knew him best and on a whole other level than us fans.

They were close until around about the Thriller era, they both have said, and Mike and Janet have both said they think alike and are similar, she may not have known him completly, who did? but out of all the family she probably knew him best and on a whole other level than us fans.

well, their 'alike thinking', was spoken by Michael, during an interview, and it regarded music, (as he wanted her to do a panther scene in Black or White, that she decided not to do, and he decided to do.) not deeply personal issues. and, when it comes to trying to indict Michael of something so serious..neither of them said that they knew each other THAT well, as far as innermost things are concerned. like you said in your earlier post, how could she be a witness..it would be like the press being a witness. and that is the point of our discussion, and the point that i was already making according to what i bolded in your post.

well, their 'alike thinking', was spoken by Michael, during an interview, and it regarded music, (as he wanted her to do a panther scene in Black or White, that she decided not to do, and he decided to do.) not deeply personal issues. and, when it comes to trying to indict Michael of something so serious..neither of them said that they knew each other THAT well, as far as innermost things are concerned. like you said in your earlier post, how could she be a witness..it would be like the press being a witness. and that is the point of our discussion, and the point that i was already making according to what i bolded in your post.

Thats when their careers took off though, before that I think they did really know each other. Ofcorse we know they drifted apart, and so their relationship pretty much deteriorated.

Thats when their careers took off though, before that I think they did really know each other. Ofcorse we know they drifted apart, and so their relationship pretty much deteriorated.

well..of course, indeed we are speculating what the meaning of 'close' was. i mean, brother and sister is brother and sister, but, every human being has her or his private moments, all their lives, that nobody knows about. but you're right...around thriller, they drifted apart. but then, the post thriller era is what all these discussions about MJ's personal life is really about. and that personal life began over 20 years ago, and i think that is the flash point that divides so many fans.

I am not big on judging how a person is suppose to express their grief. Everyone grieves differently. Some are more expressive with their grief than others. So I never questioned whether Janet is grieving 'properly' or not, and I never will---it's not my place. However, I do have a problem with her adding fuel to the fire with her comments about believing Michael had a drug problem and being in denial about it and refusing intervention. Just like it was said before the autopsy doesn't support Michael being a long-time addict like the media has been claiming. Also, from Janet's own words she has stated she and Michael has went without seeing or talking to each other in recent years (which ended at the family anniversary in May of 2009--which she said he was like his old self, laughing and cracking up with her).

The fact is the media (with the help of Brian Oxman, Deepak Chopra, Lisa Marie Presley, Uri Geller, and others former 'friends' and exes, claimed drug abuse on the part of Michael right after he died without knowing (or caring) about the facts. This was another opportunity for the media to slag Michael's character--this time portraying him as a raging celebrity addict with an insatiable appetite for drugs and he would use his celebrity and money to manipulate and demand and beg to get them (which is what Conrad Murray's defense is by the way).

When Janet, who has been looked upon as the 'cool' one, the 'normal' one and quite frankly the one the media has used to slag off Michael, says comments like she has done, it gives haters permission to spew off ill-informed and outright mean comments about Michael such as 'he asked for it' and so on. THAT's why Michael's fans have a problem with what she said. Janet fans would be saying the same thing towards Michael --and even worse--if the tables were turned. I wish they would stop being in denial about THAT.

Lastly, Janet immediately returning to work once again is her way of dealing with Michael's death by keeping busy which helps her to avoid dwelling on it IMO. However, sooner or later his death will hit her like a ton of bricks though. That's not an ill-wish, that's a fact.

Agreed. We don't know what she has been through or is going through in her grieving process. Everyone grieves differently.

The interview wasn't even about her drug comment but this thread quickly turned into a discussion about that. That is what I took exception with. Ofcourse that was wrong of her to say, but every thread on Janet does not need to get derailed like this.

Excellent post Big Apple! I agree that most families defend their family members in life and death. In all the celebrity cases, like Corey Haim, DJ AM and even Brittany Murphy their family members never discussed their alleged issues. They wanted to see what the investigation and autopsy uncovered. DJ AM died with a crack pipe in his mouth and I never heard one bad word about his stuggles from his family.

I wonder how much jealousy played a part.

I wonder how much jealousy played a part.
Not "jealousy" its the "money".
I believe if his siblings and their children had gotten their hands
on Michael Jackson's money, they wouldn't be questioning his
mental health. :better:

=OnOurWay;2918981]If you don't want to be called out, then don't post stupidity and contradictions.

Just admit that there's a difference between knowing and understanding. Again, you're not for the semantical games right?

I'm here because this is where Mike fans congregate to discuss an array of topics pertaining to Mike. That's why it's called a forum. And yes, the entire MJJC family knows I'm notorious for posting links that are viruses. Seems like a lot of space between your ears if you ask me.

You put me on ignore? :( I might kill myself tonight because of that.[/QUOTE]

:doctor:

It would be quiet pointless to call Janet to the stand, I mean she had little contact to Michael prior to his death, thats just like putting the press on the stand.
They are more likely to quote some of what she has said.

thats exactly why she needs to keep her mouth shut

Cut it out! This is the last warning before the thread is closed for good.

Since this article is about Janet and not her family, including her brother Michael, I don’t understand why some people on this thread would call it self-serving. Janet Jackson has achieved success with hard work, raw talent and a good head on her shoulders. She is not defined by her brother's, nor anyone else's success. She is a beautiful, talented, intelligent 44 year old woman who is finally comfortable in her own skin, who knows what she wants in this next chapter of her life and is moving forward to achieve those goals having learned from past missteps and heartbreak. How unfortunate she has to do it on the world stage, like her brother. I would imagine having millions of eyes watching and judging every step makes you a bit more cautious with your words and actions, knowing every word, every facial expression will be analyzed ad nauseam by people who sit behind a keyboard with an opinion on how she SHOULD behave.

It’s amazing to me how everyone presumes to know the dynamics of a family they are not a member of - every family has dysfunction and unless you are a Jackson - then you don’t know enough to comment on the matter. To the world, Michael was a blazing inextinguishable supernova - to Janet, he was a big brother and to assume you know how she feels or how she should behave is arrogant and yes, self-serving. All Michael asked for was to be allowed the dignity of living his life as he chose, his sister deserves the same respect. As a woman in the same age vicinity as Janet, I think she’s doing just fine. ;D

Life is precious when you loose a loved one I know this after loosing my dad when I was 14

Yes and I have not looked at Janet the same way since.

I've not looked at Michael the same way since. Im totally let down by him and what he decided to do with himself that way.
How weak of him to take that option to use dangerous drugs to sleep. Its just wrong!! Totally wrong.
I don't care if by definiton he wasn't an addict (I don't think he was). I just think its very sad that he got himself in to that situation in the first place. He just seemed to have lost control. Perhaps people should be focusing their anger/energy on that, and not on family members.

And its SO SO so hypocritical for fans to attack Janet. Atleast she was concerned about him, atleast she tried to intervene and could see their was a problem.
This whilst all the fans were just thinking about tickets to a concert. And even after his death some are still in denial about his choices.
I was concerned, i remember thinking how weird it was that michael kept going in and out of the doctors in LA during rehearsals, I feared that he would die before I saw him in concert. I really really did. And it hit me hard when he did, it was just like a nightmare that came true in my head. So I really can't imagine what Janet and other close people to him, must feel.

Turns out Janets fears were correct and the fans want to attack her for stating the truth of the situation??
It would just be denial to say that Michael was totally a victim of a murderer. He chose to accept the drug. He was never forced. (Saying that though Murray should be jailed for participating, and any comments Janet has made (in line with mine) would not favour his case, cause he is still guilty of giving the drug to michael when he was asked to get it by Michael).

P.S I don't know why we are not allowed to discuss any of this freely. The circumstances behind Michaels death are a big part of his 'story', and as fans we should be allowed to discuss everything around him and relating to him, as long as there are no personal attacks towards individual members, I don't see the problem. Thats debate after all, and as far as I understand the origin of this website is not a communist country. :-/

Last edited:
I've not looked at Michael the same way since. Im totally let down by him and what he decided to do with himself that way.
How weak of him to take that option to use dangerous drugs to sleep. Its just wrong!! Totally wrong.

Oh, yes. Michael was so weak. How dare he! How weak of him to suffer from insomnia so severe that he couldn't find a solution. He's so disappointing.

Turns out Janets fears were correct and the fans want to attack her for stating the truth of the situation??

What truth? Janet herself doesn't know the truth.She thought propofol is a painkiller. And when exactly did the intervention take place? And for what? Janet couldn't even answer that question.

I don't care if by definiton he wasn't an addict (I don't think he was). I just think its very sad that he got himself in to that situation in the first place. He just seemed to have lost control. Perhaps people should be focusing their anger/energy on that, and not on family members.

And its SO SO so hypocritical for fans to attack Janet. Atleast she was concerned about him, atleast she tried to intervene and could see their was a problem.
This whilst all the fans were just thinking about tickets to a concert. And even after his death some are still in denial about his choices.
I was concerned, i remember thinking how weird it was that michael kept going in and out of the doctors in LA during rehearsals, I feared that he would die before I saw him in concert. I really really did. And it hit me hard when he did, it was just like a nightmare that came true in my head. So I really can't imagine what Janet and other close people to him, must feel.

It would just be denial to say that Michael was totally a victim of a murderer. He chose to accept the drug. He was never forced. (Saying that though Murray should be jailed for participating, and any comments Janet has made (in line with mine) would not favour his case, cause he is still guilty of giving the drug to michael when he was asked to get it by Michael).

P.S I don't know why we are not allowed to discuss any of this freely. The circumstances behind Michaels death are a big part of his 'story', and as fans we should be allowed to discuss everything around him and relating to him, as long as there are no personal attacks towards individual members, I don't see the problem. Thats debate after all, and as far as I understand the origin of this website is not a communist country. :-/

If Janet had truly tried to intervene she would have her facts straight. She doesn't know when these "interventions took place" and doesn't know why her brother died. You said you don't believe he was a drug addict yet you believe her intervention stories. Which is it? As for blaming Michael for his death, I don't agree with you but you are entitled to you opinion. Just don't epect it to be a big topic of discussion on an MJ BOARD. I'm sure you can find many Murray sympathizers on TMZ.

Ah yes she was correct. She was so right when she said she heard about Propofol she thought wow he must have been in some pain. She was so right when she said she tried to help him but he was in denial. Just like she is in denial about helping him more like she was trying to get him to go on tour. And if you feel that way then maybe you should find another a Janet board to go to. Maybe one day you will met her touch the hem of her garment then you will be made whole:smilerolleyes:

Neither have I. Although I have never been a huge Janet Jackson fan, I did decide to support her after that whole super bowl thing.

That being said, I was VERY, VERY surprised that Janet took the route that she did. First of all, she is very private about her own life, and I recall her not wanting to answer any questions as to WHY her and JD broke up.

So her being so forth coming with her "drug addict in denial" story, threw me way off, because usually, it's the other way around and family members are usually tight-lipped until all of the facts have been uncovered, i.e. the autopsy and the conclusion of the doctor shopping investigation. (And when I say "family members," I mean any family members, whether you are famous or non-famous. Doesn't matter, MOST folks try to protect their kin, in life and in death.)

When asked about JD she responded something like "we are still friends and I love him to death," or words to that effect. So when asked about Michael, why couldn't she respond on that same type of level?

I like to use Corey Haim as an example. His mother KNEW all about his drug history, but she REFUSED to comment after his death, other then to say, she "wanted to hear what the coroner had to say." I'm sure she knew that there was a "possibility" that her son overdosed, but she held on and waiting for the FACTS to reveal themselves.

And that, in my opinion, is how family usually responds. Janet did the total opposite and she surprised me, since any other time she knows how to keep her mouth shut.

:clapping:mad: this!

It would be quiet pointless to call Janet to the stand, I mean she had little contact to Michael prior to his death, thats just like putting the press on the stand.
They are more likely to quote some of what she has said.

Oh, but I think you maybe wrong on that point. Don't for a minute think celebrity won't play apart in this trial (Michael Jackson, hello!) Dr. Murray's lawyer's job is to clear him of this charge and abviously its clear the route they will be taking, so guess what, why not call Ms. Jackson to the stand so she can do our work for us. And I truly think she and other family members will be called to take that witness stand.

The Opera show and those Robin Roberts shows are available for your view...check them out and listen to Janets words, they speck for themself.:mello:

When asked about JD she responded something like "we are still friends and I love him to death," or words to that effect. So when asked about Michael, why couldn't she respond on that same type of level?

JD isn't the most famous person alive, JD hasn't died from propofol. Janet has said may times how much she loves and respects her brother as an artist and a person. Just because you don't agree with a few things she said you shouldn't dismiss all the positives.

That being said, I was VERY, VERY surprised that Janet took the route that she did. First of all, she is very private about her own life, and I recall her not wanting to answer any questions as to WHY her and JD broke up.

A break up and a sibling dying is different. Did michael talk about why he and lisa sepaerated in interviews? did he talk about debbie? celebs usually don't go into details about break ups unless it's already out there. Does it matter how or why Janet and JD broke up? Do you even really care lol? probably not but people care about how janet a superstar on her own feels about her brother a mega stars premature death.

Last edited:
This thread is turning very nasty now. It's run it's course, and what everyone needs to remember is this is a Michael Jackson forum. All I see in Michael is a man desperately suffering from insomnia who put all his trust in a doctor, not knowing how careless he would be. You know lack of sleep can seriously alter your judgements, and make you think things are ok that can seriously puzzle someone else. Just some understanding, wouldn't go amiss. I have no doubts at all that had Michael known what was going to happen he would not have taken the route he did. His children for a start. And add to all this the pressure he was under with the shows...
Then we have the conspiracy side of things, which we all choose whether to believe that ourselves or not, but at this point it can't be ruled out.

Whatever we believe, this is all very off topic, so this thread is now closed. Peace. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back