Jacksons: The Next Generation [REALITY SHOW DISCUSSION ONLY]

Re: Lifetime to air Jackson family reality series (3T)

Did the 3T said it was open to any Jacksons members i say it up to Prince if he want to be apart of it.

pminton;4109123 said:
Did the 3T said it was open to any Jacksons members i say it up to Prince if he want to be apart of it.

Yes they did. The article and post from Paris78 below seem to say as much.

Prince & Blanket Appear In New Promo for Jackson Reality Show -- See Them Now!
Are you ready to get an inside look at the Jackson clan?

Lifetime’s all-new series "The Jacksons: Next Generation" follows Tito Jackson's children, Taj, Taryll and TJ, as they balance their music career with family life.

In addition to his own kids, TJ is actually co-guardian of Michael Jackson's three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket -- and two of 'em appear on the show.

In the new trailer above, we get a glimpse of Blanket, 13, right off the top during a family trip to the beach. Later in the clip, Prince, 18, hangs with his cousins on a camping trip.

During a phone call with the three brothers, they revealed that Paris chose not to be part of the show -- and insist they didn't put any pressure on any of Michael's kids to be involved.

"The only way we would do this show was if it was stipulated that they wouldn’t have to do the show at all," TJ tells toofab. "That was a hurdle for a lot of the networks."

"If they want to be in it, they can be in it," he added. "This is their chance to show the world who they are. You know, 'I’m not this tabloid or this or this or headline.'"

"We didn’t go to Prince and say 'You’re Michael Jackson’s kids, can you be in our show?'" adds Taryl. "That's the way the media looks at it. We don’t view them that way. To us, they’re our cousins. They wanted to be in the show as doing things as cousins."

We'll see more when the series kicks off Friday, October 2 at 10pm on Lifetime.

http://www.toofab.com/2015/09/25/prince-blanket-the-jacksons-next-generation-reality-tv-show/
Paris78;4109138 said:
Prince Jackson ‏@princemjjjaxon
Just saw some more clips of my cuz show. Ahah really funny, personally I'm the funniest. Happy to be a part of this inspirational piece #jxn

I swear the day a Jackson will get a descent job and not milk Michael anymore I'll thank God seriously for having done a miracle!

Aside from that I'm so disgusted by any 'reality-show' cuz it's already the concept which only relies on the stupidity of ppl... there's nothing real about them... and I really can't get ppl in this... everybody knows it's not true but everybody seems to watch... so yeah Mrs. Jackson is right (and making money with it too): Ppl don't wanna know the truth!
That's almost funny... not sure or is it tragic... Jacksons are making money with exactly that. Ppl don't wanna know the truth. Hey let's tell them how we are (NOT)!

Crazy... but well God didn't give everybody talent to do something real... obviously!

CPyOvlRWUAI553o.jpg

Prince & Blanket Appear In New Promo for Jackson Reality Show -- See Them Now!
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni59044938/
22 hours ago | TooFab | See recent TooFab news »

Are you ready to get an inside look at the Jackson clan? Lifetime’s all-new series "The Jacksons: Next Generation" follows Tito Jackson's children, Taj, Taryll and Tj, as they balance their music career with family life. In addition to his own kids, Tj is actually co-guardian of Michael Jackson's three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket -- and two of 'em appear on the show. In the new trailer above, we get a glimpse of Blanket, 13, right off the top during a family trip to the beach. Later in the clip, Prince, 18, hangs with his cousins on a camping trip. During a phone call with the three brothers, they revealed that Paris chose not to be part of the show -- and insist they didn't put any pressure on any of Michael's kids to be involved.

- tooFab Staff

At least Paris isn`t involved.

So my guess is some fans are thinking Prince was forced to retweet that ha? and has no desire for fans to tune in!!

Of course, lol! I'm sure some of the fans believe the Jacksons force Prince to breathe... :doh: :hysterical:

God forbid the kid has a mind of his OWN and is capable of making decisions.

Last edited:

where is Taj's wife? she is nowhere to be seen.

How Michael Jackson’s nephews tried to help him live a normal life

To the tabloid-reading public, Michael Jackson’s disguises were a sign of his eccentricity — much like his extensive plastic surgery and childlike home at Neverland Ranch.

To the nephews that grew up down the street from their famous uncle, though, the masquerade was necessary for a man trying to live a normal life.

Taj, Taryll and TJ — the sons of Michael’s brother Tito — recall one time when Michael wanted to go to a mall, but was afraid of being recognized. So the boys, then teenagers, decided to create their own camouflage for the King of Pop.

“My brothers and I put him in all sorts of crazy gear — baseball hats, everything that was so un-Michael Jackson,” TJ, 34, tells The Post. “When we got there, we put him in a wheelchair even.”

“It worked maybe for about eight minutes,” Taryll, 39, adds. “He wanted to experience what everyone else was experiencing, but he was kind of in a cage in that way.”

The Jackson name comes with its own set of pressures for the siblings, who are letting reality cameras into their world with their new Lifetime series “The Jacksons: Next Generation” — premiering Friday at 10 p.m. — in an attempt to rehab their family’s public image.

“In today’s world . . . everyone wants to know everything about you. If you don’t open up, they think you’re hiding something,” Taj, 41, says. “We wanted to let down the walls [and] let people see who we really are and . . . how we’re a loving family.”

The six-episode series will explore the more quotidian issues of their lives — TJ’s son’s driving lessons and his daughter’s first day of school; Taryll’s weight struggles — as well as ones decidedly more “Jackson”: Dealing with the parole board in regards to the murderer of their mother, Dee Dee, who was killed in 1994, and confronting a woman who makes a living by claiming to be their sister.

Also addressed is the status of the siblings’ music group 3T, which sold 3 million copies of its 1995 debut album. Over the past few years, the band has only performed sporadically.

“The [Jackson] name helps [in music] because people are interested. You do have that door open in the beginning,” Taj says. “But at the same time . . . [there’s] a certain level of music that people expect, and there’s also people rooting for you to fail.”

The brothers saw that same cynicism in the child sexual abuse allegations against Michael and his ensuing public vilification. Even six years after their uncle’s death, Taj says the restoration of his legacy is “never going to be completely done.”

“In this age of the Internet, lies can keep circulating until they’re addressed,” he says. “People in the public were shocked at the verdict, but . . . if you read the transcripts, there’s nothing shocking about it.

“It’s now leading people to it — if they want to see it — and saying, ‘Hey look, the evidence has always been there that my uncle was innocent and never did anything.’​”

http://nypost.com/2015/09/26/how-michael-jacksons-nephews-tried-to-help-him-live-a-normal-life/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For first 2 bolded bit, I had to giggle:)

As for 3rd bolded bit, if they make a career promoting themselves as J5 or Michael Jackson's nephews, they have no one else to blame than themselves.
I don't remember reading any interview from them that doesn't mention J5 or Michael Jackson.
"Certain level of music that people expect"? Silly me but doesn't that apply to every singers, not just poor T3?

I never seen that 3T documentary.. I really enjoyed it

I hope the show is good, but I know I'll watch it whether it is or not. I watched the Jackson Brothers show and even watched all of LaToya's shows. So far, the best thing about the teasers is that Prince has a great sense of humor.

I watched that Big Reunion show and I really hope it's not more of the same of that-I've always liked Tito's kids-and I don't like to hear them whining about Michael's feud with Sony or Janet's Superbowl thing as the issues that kept them off the charts. They had pretty early success and maybe they just assumed it was easy-after all, they came into the world after the success and didn't really suffer like the Jackson family did. I don't know, I'm just supposing.

And if they talk about the allegations, I hope they keep it mature and logical and legal-I like this quote below where Taj is pointing to the actual transcripts, the actual evidence about the case. And not just going on about Michael being a "child at heart" kind of defense.

Bubs;4109246 said:
The brothers saw that same cynicism in the child sexual abuse allegations against Michael and his ensuing public vilification. Even six years after their uncle’s death, Taj says the restoration of his legacy is “never going to be completely done.”

“In this age of the Internet, lies can keep circulating until they’re addressed,” he says. “People in the public were shocked at the verdict, but . . . if you read the transcripts, there’s nothing shocking about it.

“It’s now leading people to it — if they want to see it — and saying, ‘Hey look, the evidence has always been there that my uncle was innocent and never did anything.’​”

http://nypost.com/2015/09/26/how-michael-jacksons-nephews-tried-to-help-him-live-a-normal-life/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe that Tito's daughter, Tanay Jackson, is in the series. 3T ask her if she is really their sister. Of course she is, she answers!

s560x316_Tanay_Jackson-1.jpg

For years 3T were denying Tanay was their sister saying she is not their sister and that she was using the Jackson name for fame.. Tito never said a word about her and never said she was lying. Tito posed with pics with her, even kissing her on the cheek. So Tito knew she was his daughter and never told his sons? 3T were totally dissing Tanay and calling her a liar. Now she's on their reality show and admitting she's their sister.

^^is she really or is it going to come out that she's not. I thought she was just another impostor like Brandon Howard and that guy pretending to be Jermaine's son who scams people.

On another note, I hope they filmed some of Taj's wedding at Hayvenhurst. I'd like to see that.

3T shows complete appreciation for Michael in my opinion... If they mention how being a Jackson has also got them stuck in specific times in there career, I find that completely fair considering that that side is hardly ever talked about.. ONLY the "Oh they are famous because they are Jacksons".. We never give attention to the points they made in that documentary.. To me that's not whining that's bringing attention to another side we never hear!! And that's fair.

CQKNRvUWgAALg5B.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...how-say-dont-go-day-without-feeling-his-loss/

Michael Jackson's nephews have new show, say they 'don't go a day without feeling his loss'

jacksons%20new%20show.jpg

LOS ANGELES – For Michael Jackson's nephews and Tito Jackson's sons, Taj, Taryll, and TJ, there is no such thing as living their lives out of the limelight. So, they've decided to embrace it. The result is the Lifetime docuseries "The Jacksons: The New Generation," premiering Oct. 2.

"Up until now, we've tried to guard our very private stuff, but the world is changing, and we'd rather just be open and give it to the world, so that they can be inspired," TJ, 34, who is also the legal co-guardian of Michael's kids, Prince, Paris and Blanket, tells FOX 411.

"The Jacksons: The New Generation" will follow the 3Ts, also the name of their music group, as they try to record an album, get their careers back in high gear, and take care of their families, all while living up to the pressures that come with being a member of the famous Jackson family and living under Michael's shadow.

"The thing is just finding our way to find ourselves, if that makes any sense," Taryll, 39, says. "It's finding out who we are and getting to that place, because it is a large shadow. It's something we'll probably never be able to escape, but we're very proud of that at the same time."

And TJ adds, "I love my uncle more than anyone could ever imagine. I love my entire family, but it can get very difficult and frustrating because, no matter what we do, especially as second generation musicians, it seems like people will always see us with The Jackson 5, or Michael Jackson eyes."

It isn't that 3T hasn't had its own success. The brothers toured and sold more than three million records worldwide just off their debut album, "Brotherhood," in 1995. But it hasn't been easy for them since Michael's death.

"I've learned to just embrace being under the shadow of my uncle, because it's the shadow of greatness, and no one will ever achieve what he achieved," says Taj, 41. "For me, I don't want to step away. I want people, always, to remember how great he was, and if we can contribute in some way, continue that storyline, that, for me, is just as important."

In fact, Taj wants to produce a documentary to set the record straight on what he sees as the truth of Michael's life. What has held him back so far is his concern about how his grandmother Katherine will feel about such an undertaking. It is a conversation the two have on "The Next Generation."

"I feel a certain responsibility," Taj says. "I feel like our family history is being rewritten a certain way, and I feel like the documentary is another way of getting the truth out there. At least it would be something to combat the negative lies that continue."

Even though they're Tito's sons, Taj, Taryll, and TJ were dealt a strong blow by Michael's sudden death. The 3Ts felt especially close to their uncle because when their mother Dee Dee died, Michael was there for them, reassuring them that everything would be okay.

"He said, 'I have you,'" Taj says. "And that was the thing, for us, he did that. He was an integral part of our career, in that aspect, too, so [his death was] like losing a captain. You're on a battlefield and you lose the captain, and you have to make your way and figure out where your journey goes from there, and so, we mourned, with the world, when he passed, but at the same time, it still affects us because he was our uncle, he was such a great man, and a great spirit, that we feel that loss even today. I don't go a day without feeling his loss."

"The Jacksons: Next Generation" premieres Friday, October 2 on Lifetime.

Michael Jackson's nephew TJ reveals how King of Pop's son Blanket joined reality TV series 'The Jacksons: Next Generation'
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...eals-blanket-joined-tv-show-article-1.2379479

He wasn't about to tell Michael Jackson's youngest son to beat it.

TJ Jackson says that while filming his new Lifetime reality TV series with his two older brothers, the King of Pop's 13-year-old son asked to join the fray.

"There's a camping trip with a variety of cousins. And to be flat-out honest, Blanket wasn't even invited," TJ, the youngest son of "Jackson 5" member Tito Jackson, told the Daily News Tuesday night.

"But when he's packing his bag and expecting to go, what am I supposed to tell him, 'You're not allowed to come because you're Michael Jackson's son and that's just life,' " the 34-year-old father of four asked.

"There's no way I'm going to do that. He's part of my family. He wanted to come. He understood there were going to be cameras. And that's what I think people are going to see. They're going to see kids that are happy," TJ said during an exclusive interview at the Hayvenhurst estate in Encino, Calif., where Michael Jackson lived as a teenager. TJ said Michael's oldest son Prince, 18, also appears in the series.

"We didn't want to penalize them as Michael Jackson's kids and say you cannot be on the show because of who you are," TJ told The News.

"The Jacksons: Next Generation," a six-part series, premieres Friday at 10 p.m. on Lifetime and focuses on the lives of TJ and his brothers Taryll, 39, and Taj, 41, as they navigate life in one of the world's most famous families.

The brothers said Tuesday they agreed to the project to give fans an unscripted glimpse of their personal lives and dispel "misconceptions."

It touches on their mom Dee Dee's tragic 1994 drowning murder, Taryll's struggle with his weight and the status of their once top-selling pop trio 3T.

"There are just a lot of lies told about our family," Taryll said Tuesday. "When you really know our family, how much we love and support each other, and then you hear the lies, and people start to believe them, it's hard."

He said the show forced him to confront his problems and say things to his brothers he previously kept to himself.

"Us being real with the show, I actually spoke to my brothers about things I don't think they were prepared for me to bring up," he said. "Through it all, I made some very big steps."

The brothers sang an acapella version of their new show's theme song Tuesday and also reminisced about time spent with Michael Jackson at the Hayvenhurst estate.

"My brothers and my uncle, we would drive around Encino, and then when we'd come home, (Michael) would stop the car in the driveway and go into his 'Thriller' bit. He'd pull over and say, 'I'm not like other guys,'" TJ recalled with a laugh.

"At first it would scare me, because I was probably 5 years old. I was expecting my uncle to turn into a werewolf," he said. "But after years of doing that, it got to the point when we'd just throw things at him."

TJ gained widespread notoriety after his uncle's 2009 death when a Los Angeles judge named him co-guardian of the superstar's three kids in 2012 along with grandmother Katherine Jackson.

He later testified in court about the duty he felt to the kids and how everyone rallied around Paris Jackson after her suicide attempt in June 2013.

TJ said some episodes of the new series were still being edited and hedged when asked if Paris would appear on camera.

He said the 17-year-old is focused on her education at the moment.

"Every kid goes through things," TJ told The News. "My grandmother and myself and my wife, we're doing the best we can under the circumstance. We're all about love, and we're all just trying to carry on the same principles my uncle taught them."

Sitting in the yard of the mock-Tudor compound left uninhabited when Katherine and the kids moved to Calabasas, TJ listed the principles as "respect, love and working hard."

He said Prince, who announced in April he planned to attend Loyola Marymount University, was far from shy when the cameras were rolling.

"You will see Prince. I love him. Prince is a very outgoing person. There are times when it's like, 'Prince, we're trying to do a scene here, can you step away?'" TJ joked Tuesday night. "That's the beauty of Prince."

TJ Jackson ?@tjjackson
Thanks @NancyDillonNYDN @NYDailyNews for the accuracy and using our actual words. http://nydn.us/1j0kerJ #JacksonsNextGen #3T

Last edited:
LOS ANGELES – For Michael Jackson's nephews and Tito Jackson's sons, Taj, Taryll, and TJ, there is no such thing as living their lives out of the limelight. So, they've decided to embrace it. The result is the Lifetime docuseries "The Jacksons: The New Generation," premiering Oct. 2.

"Up until now, we've tried to guard our very private stuff, but the world is changing, and we'd rather just be open and give it to the world, so that they can be inspired," TJ, 34, who is also the legal co-guardian of Michael's kids, Prince, Paris and Blanket, tells FOX 411.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooh, I didn't know they were living in limelight or that word has a brand new meaning:D
From the previous article posted here:
The only way we would do this show was if it was stipulated that they wouldn’t have to do the show at all," TJ tells toofab. "That was a hurdle for a lot of the networks."

If 3T was living in limelight, they wouldn't have to tell networks that PPB doesn't have to be in the show and people's interest in them would be enough to have their own show without PPB being a bait.

Paris78;4109644 said:
Michael Jackson's nephew TJ reveals how King of Pop's son Blanket joined reality TV series 'The Jacksons: Next Generation'
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...eals-blanket-joined-tv-show-article-1.2379479

He wasn't about to tell Michael Jackson's youngest son to beat it.

TJ Jackson says that while filming his new Lifetime reality TV series with his two older brothers, the King of Pop's 13-year-old son asked to join the fray.

"There's a camping trip with a variety of cousins. And to be flat-out honest, Blanket wasn't even invited," TJ, the youngest son of "Jackson 5" member Tito Jackson, told the Daily News Tuesday night.

"But when he's packing his bag and expecting to go, what am I supposed to tell him, 'You're not allowed to come because you're Michael Jackson's son and that's just life,' " the 34-year-old father of four asked.

The more they try to explain kids being in the show, the deeper they dig themselves. That explanation is as stupid as they come, especially when this is what he says to Nancy Dillon:
"TJ said some episodes of the new series were still being edited and hedged when asked if Paris would appear on camera."

TV Review: ‘The Jacksons: Next Generation’

Reality TV is no stranger to irony and hypocrisy, but it’s hard to remember a more glaring demonstration of both than “The Jacksons: Next Generation.” Tito Jackson’s sons – who once formed the group 3T – are now grown, and they use this showcase to plot a comeback, and lament how the media mistreated their uncle Michael, all the while trading off the Jackson name to secure another 15 minutes of fame (and obviously, a payday). Put it this way: When characters play paintball in the premiere of a reality show, you know it’s going to be a long season.

“You know me, I’m more of a private person,” one of the brothers says, which begs the question why he would participate in such an enterprise. At another point, TJ – joined in the show by brothers Taj, Taryll and their families – is asked about having dated Kim Kardashian, the gold standard in reality-TV name-dropping.

The suspense in the show, such as it is, largely revolves around whether the brothers will get back into the studio and record again two decades after their album “Brotherhood” sold roughly 3 million copies – a prospect some within the family are more enthusiastic about than others. Beyond that, there are concerns about Taryll’s weight, and whether he’s in the kind of shape required to go out on stage and perform.

Along the way, there’s a pilgrimage to visit Jackson family matriarch Katherine, while original Jackson 5 member Tito (introduced as “Poppa T”) drops by a couple of times, dispensing what amounts to Yoda-like wisdom.

Simply put, it’s hard to take any of this seriously – starting with listening to a member of the trio say “You can’t live life normally like everyone else” being a Jackson, when that’s the only reason anyone would give them the time of day, much less six weeks in primetime. And Taj’s talk of producing a documentary to support the family’s legacy can’t help but sound a trifle superfluous as he turns this vehicle (on which all three have producer credits) into a soapbox.

Plenty of people have cashed in on Michael Jackson through the years as an object of admiration or curiosity, and it’s hard to blame third parties (including Lifetime) for joining the chorus. Before his nephews sound too indignant about leveraging that legacy, though, in light of “Next Generation,” they might want to start by looking at the men in the mirror.

TV Review: 'The Jacksons: Next Generation'
(Series; Lifetime, Fri. Oct. 2, 10 p.m.)
Production
Produced by Go Go Luckey Entertainment.
Crew
Executive producers, Henry Capanna, Julie Auerbach, Tina Gazzerro, Dennis Principe, Taj Jackson, Taryll Jackson, TJ Jackson, Megan McGuiness, Henri Hebert. 60 MIN.
Cast
Featuring: Taj Jackson, Taryll Jackson, TJ Jackson

http://variety.com/2015/tv/reviews/...-lifetime-michael-jackson-nephews-1201601702/

October has a lot to offer television-wise (on this side of the Pond, at least) and I'm kind of curious to see how long this show can hold out against the likes of "The Walking Dead" and various sporting events (NFL is in full swing, the World Series, pre/regular season NHL and NBA) and other prime time shows. If they stick to a Saturday air date, they might be alright. If they move to Sunday, they can FORGET IT, lol!

I'm not interested in watching it ("My Cat From Hell" and "Duck Dynasty" are the only reality shows I watch). I don't have much time to spare for the ones I do watch, lol! I mostly record MCFH and DD, then watch them later when I have a day off. :D

"People don't want to know the truth." - Katherine Jackson

^^"My cat from Hell"??? Lol.

:crackingup: My cat acts like he's from hell sometimes, lol! I get good tips from JACKSON Galaxy... :lmao:

There. My post wasn't completely off topic. I did mention a JACKSON... ;)

aigh!! that footage when he says "...And they're both gone" and covers his face... (which by the way was the same way Mike covered his face in LWMJ when he was about to cry) Heart breaking!

October has a lot to offer television-wise (on this side of the Pond, at least) and I'm kind of curious to see how long this show can hold out against the likes of "The Walking Dead" and various sporting events (NFL is in full swing, the World Series, pre/regular season NHL and NBA) and other prime time shows. If they stick to a Saturday air date, they might be alright. If they move to Sunday, they can FORGET IT, lol!

I'm not interested in watching it ("My Cat From Hell" and "Duck Dynasty" are the only reality shows I watch). I don't have much time to spare for the ones I do watch, lol! I mostly record MCFH and DD, then watch them later when I have a day off. :D

Normally I don't care if anybody here would be interested in watching "The Jacksons: The Next Generation" or not, that's anybody's choice, but I'm interested in seeing it, but I don't have Lifetime, but I could ask my mother to recorded it or just watch it over at my family's this weekend or so.

I do agree that October is getting a decent month with TV in all, like I'm planning on checking out "OJ Speaks: The Hidden Tapes" on A&E and I watched 20/20 on OJ's deposition tapes after my Michael Jackson-Anime Night last week. I love "Duck Dynasty", I may check out the Blue Jays and the World Series though I'm not a baseball fan and I've already quit hockey so no more NHL games for me, but I'm still gonna bring up news on it though and I think I can still watch only "Coach's Corner" on "Hockey Night In Canada for Ron MacLean and Don Cherry. Sundays becoming very boring now since I don't see "The Simpsons" on Global in the afternoons anymore. except when I'm at my family's it's less boring since I'm watching most of Cartoon Network.

My TV will be:

The Jacksons: The Next Generation
Empire
Modern Family
Gotham
Amazing Race

I watched the 20/20 special on the OJ deposition tapes and it was pretty interesting although Elizabeth Vargas gets on my nerves for some reason.
I did not pay real close attention to that trial (wasn't a football fan and didn't see any of OJs movies unless you count Roots. Obviously I knew he was a huge celebrity) except for the news reports every night. But those were extensive.
I think I'd like to watch the A&E special. Always interesting to watch history that you lived through and discover things you didn't know or understand at the time.

I heard about the Disney show at the last minute and managed to get it taped on my old VCR. Just watched a few scenes so far and it looks great. I need to find another blank tape so I can tape the Jacksons' show tonight.

I'm at my family's house for the weekend. So I'll be watching "The Jacksons: The Next Generation" after I'm done with the encore presentation of "WWE Smackdown" on SN360. The OJ tapes was good, I understood about the case a little more, when I saw 20/20 about it, I believe it was the Bruno Magli shoes that gave OJ away. There's a couple new cartoons on YTV that are making their debut for "The Zone Weekend", I'll have to check them out and think if I liked them or not. But I still hold my upmost grudge at YTV for years re. anime.

Back