Jacksons: The Next Generation [REALITY SHOW DISCUSSION ONLY]

Jackson Legacy ‏@Jackson_Legacy

LISTEN: "That's Our Family", theme song to The Jacksons: Next Generation! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATP3hv4lho4&sns=tw … #JacksonsNextGen
[video=youtube;ATP3hv4lho4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATP3hv4lho4[/video]

Taj Jackson @tajjackson3

Can’t wait for the premiere tonight @lifetimetv. We’ll be live tweeting both airings, so make sure you use #JacksonsNextGen so we can reply.

I'm looking forward to it. I know Michael loved them unconditionally, and treated them as his own-I always loved watching news reports of Michael with the kids in them. That was just confirmed for me when (I think) Taj said in the AEG trial "We were his kids, before he had kids".
This review of the show came out in the New York Times today, and there's some interesting stuff, from what I can tell. I know when Dee Dee was murdered, both Taj and Taryll were enrolled in Loyola Marymount and TJ was going to Buckley-but not sure why they moved into Hayvenhurst. Tito was really involved with them when they were small, so not sure what the circumstances were.

Anyway, here's the review:

<header id="story-header" class="story-header" style="position: relative;">Review: Tito Jackson&#8217;s Sons on &#8216;The Jacksons: Next Generation&#8217;

By JON CARAMANICA<time class="dateline" datetime="2015-10-02" style="font-size: 0.6875rem; line-height: 0.75rem; font-family: nyt-cheltenham-sh, georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); margin-left: 12px;">OCT. 2, 2015</time>

</header><figure id="media-100000003951421" class="media photo lede layout-large-horizontal" data-media-action="modal" itemprop="associatedMedia" itemscope="" itemid="http://static01.nyt.com/images/2015/10/02/arts/02JACKSONS/02JACKSONS-master675.jpg" itemtype="http://schema.org/ImageObject" aria-label="media" role="group" style="margin: 0px 15px 45px 0px; position: relative; width: 675px; float: left; clear: left;">Photo
02JACKSONS-master675.jpg

<figcaption class="caption" itemprop="caption description" style="font-size: 0.8125rem; line-height: 1.0625rem; font-family: nyt-cheltenham-sh, georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); width: auto; right: 0px; bottom: 23px; position: static;">In "The Jacksons: Next Generation": From left, Taj Jackson, Tito Jackson, TJ Jackson and Taryll Jackson star in Lifetime&#8217;s all-new docuseries, premiering Friday on Lifetime. CreditRichard Knapp/Lifetime

<iframe id="google_ads_iframe_/29390238/NYT/arts/television_1" name="google_ads_iframe_/29390238/NYT/arts/television_1" width="300" height="600" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; line-height: normal; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; vertical-align: bottom;"></iframe>Jacksons: Next Generation,&#8221; the new docuseries that trails Tito Jackson&#8217;s three sons &#8212; Taj, Taryll and TJ &#8212; as they aspire to hold their musical and personal lives together, is for sure a Trojan horse, but what kind?</figcaption></figure>Is it the brothers drawing attention to their new album &#8212; they record as 3T &#8212; by offering a glimpse behind the Jackson family veil? Or is the focus on the brothers a way to sneak in a little camera time for Michael Jackson&#8217;s children? (TJ shares guardianship of them with Katherine, his grandmother; Prince, Michael&#8217;s son, appears in the first episode.) Or is it that interest in Michael Jackson, who died in 2009, is still so keen that it trickles down far enough to get his nephews their own TV show?
Actually, it&#8217;s none of these. The real twist to this show, which has its premiere on Lifetime on Friday, is that its intentions are, at best, lurid and craven, and yet what emerges is an empathetic portrait of a family that swallows suffering almost as a matter of course.
Dee Dee, the trio&#8217;s mother, was murdered in 1994 by her boyfriend. In the premiere, Taryll says the reason was because she wouldn&#8217;t ask Michael for money. &#8220;When I&#8217;m going through bad things, the two people I talk to are my mom and my uncle, and they&#8217;re both gone,&#8221; he says, before doubling over in tears.
Typically when celebrities do reality programs, they arrive with their skin thick and their story lines set. But what&#8217;s most striking about the brothers is how vulnerable they seem. They don&#8217;t play to the cameras; they almost seem cowed by them. Proximity to fame hasn&#8217;t hardened them; it has undone them.
Taryll and Taj struggle with their weight, and TJ is happy to remind them about it. TJ has a baby son with hearing loss and is uncomfortable talking about it. Taj wants to make a documentary about Michael, but seems to know he might not be up to the task.
And lack of artifice is built into the show itself. At various moments, the fourth wall collapses: Taryll is shown having makeup applied; the brothers speak directly to the producers off camera, who can be heard speaking back; a fight scene between the brothers shows the camerapeople filming the whole thing.
They&#8217;re squabbling over making music, or more specifically, their inability to make music. 3T released one tepid major label album, &#8220;Brotherhood,&#8221; in 1995 on Michael&#8217;s label MJJ. (Michael also produced the album.) The group saw moderate success in Europe, and as recently as last year participated in &#8220;The Big Reunion,&#8221; a British reality show that reunited old boy bands.
In the United States, though, 3T left barely a mark, and &#8220;The Jacksons: Next Generation&#8221; is unlikely to change that. But there&#8217;s one final Trojan horse: This show arrives the same day that Aunt Janet releases her first album in seven years.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/02/a...ons-on-the-jacksons-next-generation.html?_r=0
<footer class="story-footer story-content" style="margin-left: 135px; width: 532px; margin-top: 24px;">
</footer>

Paris78;4109898 said:
Jackson Legacy &#8207;@Jackson_Legacy

LISTEN: "That's Our Family", theme song to The Jacksons: Next Generation! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATP3hv4lho4&sns=tw … #JacksonsNextGen
[video=youtube;ATP3hv4lho4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATP3hv4lho4[/video]

Taj Jackson @tajjackson3

Can’t wait for the premiere tonight @lifetimetv. We’ll be live tweeting both airings, so make sure you use #JacksonsNextGen so we can reply.

Cute little song :) Today/tonight really is Jackson Day in between this and Janet's release, isn't it? :D Excitment really is in the air.

So much so that even the NYT decided to join in I guess.

........what emerges is an empathetic portrait of a family that swallows suffering almost as a matter of course.

Did I actually detect a most subtle note of sympathy in that review, unlike the previous one posted? Careful, careful - before long it may catch on, become a trend and hey, even prove lucrative ;) Only tyrants in remote corners of the world divorced not just from reality, but from all civilisation expect unconditional approval and general adoration. I'm sure the family isn't pursuing any such dubious ventures. It would be nice however if they could find a bit more understanding from an adoring public who never knew the inner turmoil and a bit of leeway from the hounding media in its decades-long hysteria...........it would be not just nice, but long overdue as well.

Re: Lifetime to air Jackson family reality series (3T)

It isn't on. Just that "NCIS" is playing. I'm so freaking pissed off I've been waiting for NOTHING! Stupid LifeTime!

Dee Dee, the trio’s mother, was murdered in 1994 by her boyfriend. In the premiere, Taryll says the reason was because she wouldn’t ask Michael for money.

Absolutely horrible!

It is this type of honesty that I am looking forward to in this show. The Jacksons have been notoriously private. It is interesting watching the second generation of Jackson taking a reverse stance and allowing the public into their private lives through social media and such and now with this show.

I'm 20 minutes in and I've cringed regularly! This is sort of embarrassing.. They need counseling..

I heard about their mom being murdered by her boyfriend, but I didn't know the details...horrible indeed!

I saw what I believe to be similarities between what these brothers are going through and what their uncles may have went through in the past.

Grown men struggling to balance maintaining a singing group, individual professional and personal endeavors, supporting their own families, and the struggles of ordinary life in very extraordinary circumstance.

Bravo!

It would be nice however if they could find a bit more understanding from an adoring public who never knew the inner turmoil and a bit of leeway from the hounding media in its decades-long hysteria...........it would be not just nice, but long overdue as well.

Indeed. Empathy is so important to possess however; human nature for some will not allow it unfortunately.

"The Jackson legacy" the nerve they have

Taj JacksonVerified account ?@tajjackson3 6h6 hours ago
Taj Jackson Retweeted Angela Lissette
Umm. you mean the Jackson legacy? Sorry you feel that way. We are Jacksons.#JacksonsNextGen
Taj Jackson added,
Angela Lissette @arockzI feel like they're trying to make money off of Michael Jacksons legacy. #JacksonsNextGen

37 retweets58 favorites
[/b]
Retweet

Favorite

[/b]

More

[/b]

I watched it, with an open mind. There was painful honesty, and they seemed so sad to me. Clearly, the heartbreak of losing their mother that way has had a profound effect. But seriously? If they want to do an album, then plant butts to seats and DO one. Tito had a common-sense suggestion, which was, basically, if you're having trouble with song-writing, then select songs by other writers. Nothing wrong with that. (Michael didn't write Thriller or Man in the Mirror -- HUGE hits. Nothing wrong with that). They need to get it DONE. They don't even have to particularly LIKE each other for that -- just DO it. Except for the guardianship of Michael's children, they don't seem to have any visible means of support, but yet have nice houses, cars, and so on. Where does that COME from? These are grown men approaching middle-age, but don't seem to have jobs, and royalties can't be that much? If not for being supported somehow, maybe they'd have more motivation to get something DONE? As far as the family being a "dynasty," and having a "legacy" are concerned? I don't see the family as any sort of dynasty. There are TWO superstars (Michael and Janet), which is more than most families will ever produce. But that's pretty much IT? Except for Michael, and Janet in her own way, no one else in the family has come even close to that status, except as associated with Michael, i.e. his brothers when they performed together. No one has had a stellar solo career. The "legacy" is Michael's, and Janet's to a lesser extent. NOBODY is ever going to match Michael's excellence and charisma, but that doesn't mean they can't produce credible and enjoyable music, if they'd just get ON it?

(edit) I just wanted to say, two of the three obviously have issues with their weight. These are all good looking men, and really, it doesn't MATTER. They seem like good people, and that's what counts.

Last edited:

Jackson SOURCE ?@JacksonSource

#JacksonsNextGen - Episode 1: Ordinary Family, Extraordinary Name" video thanks to @B__Marco for those who missed... http://fb.me/1SRtqUQ1f

just the beginning part, i think...

+ another vid

I watched it, with an open mind. There was painful honesty, and they seemed so sad to me. Clearly, the heartbreak of losing their mother that way has had a profound effect. But seriously? If they want to do an album, then plant butts to seats and DO one. Tito had a common-sense suggestion, which was, basically, if you're having trouble with song-writing, then select songs by other writers. Nothing wrong with that. (Michael didn't write Thriller or Man in the Mirror -- HUGE hits. Nothing wrong with that). They need to get it DONE. They don't even have to particularly LIKE each other for that -- just DO it. Except for the guardianship of Michael's children, they don't seem to have any visible means of support, but yet have nice houses, cars, and so on. Where does that COME from? These are grown men approaching middle-age, but don't seem to have jobs, and royalties can't be that much? If not for being supported somehow, maybe they'd have more motivation to get something DONE? As far as the family being a "dynasty," and having a "legacy" are concerned? I don't see the family as any sort of dynasty. There are TWO superstars (Michael and Janet), which is more than most families will ever produce. But that's pretty much IT? Except for Michael, and Janet in her own way, no one else in the family has come even close to that status, except as associated with Michael, i.e. his brothers when they performed together. No one has had a stellar solo career. The "legacy" is Michael's, and Janet's to a lesser extent. NOBODY is ever going to match Michael's excellence and charisma, but that doesn't mean they can't produce credible and enjoyable music, if they'd just get ON it?

(edit) I just wanted to say, two of the three obviously have issues with their weight. These are all good looking men, and really, it doesn't MATTER. They seem like good people, and that's what counts.

I agree with everything you said. And 3T remain favs of mine of the family. They seem to be great guys, but as you said, they need to get ON it. That ON it can be wherever their particular interest. Be it in the studio or behind the camera, or whatever. They can commit to whatever their particular interest is, and still be very close, even if it means going their separate ways.

Most of us have 9-5 jobs and don't have the luxury of giving it only three hours or regularly leaving it to do other things. And no way are they going to make a successful comeback if they don't hit the road for a long period to sell themselves or that album. I don't see TJ ever wanting to be gone long periods of time from his family, which is admirable, but it's a sacrifice that will have to be made if that big recording career is still what he wants, and I don't know if he's willing to make that sacrifice. If that's the case, admit it, and each brother should just do their own thing. At their current ages, getting traction and interest in anything they do isn't going to be easy. Because as much as I do like them, I tuned in because they're MJ's nephews, not because of their music.

So they are not able to create music however they have never revealed this significant detail before. According to them it was the circumstances around them, MJ's to a large degree and at one point Janet's that hindered their success.Taryll said he is almost 40 but his biggest achievement was 20 years ago. He made it seem like he was struggling because everything was beyond their control although they had all the means to make it big in the business.

So they are not able to create music however they have never revealed this significant detail before. According to them it was the circumstances around them, MJ's to a large degree and at one point Janet's that hindered their success.Taryll said he is almost 40 but his biggest achievement was 20 years ago. He made it seem like he was struggling because everything was beyond their control although they had all the means to make it big in the business.

If they really WANT to make music, then they will. They seem to feel it's an unpleasant task or chore? If they can't WRITE music, that's ok. They can find music already written, and pick and choose what suits them. Or they can continue to do nothing, and complain about it? Maybe they think they will be compared to Michael as an artist, and judged about it? They will, probably. Do it ANYWAY. They said they didn't have time to devote to it? What ELSE are they doing? Two of them said they have "weight problems" and "don't look good enough?" Do it ANYWAY. I do find it sad, and wish them all the best.

I believe Taryll said that he gained weight after MJ's death because he was so stressed. See, it is MJ's fault again :smilerolleyes:

If they really WANT to make music, then they will. They seem to feel it's an unpleasant task or chore? If they can't WRITE music, that's ok. They can find music already written, and pick and choose what suits them. Or they can continue to do nothing, and complain about it? Maybe they think they will be compared to Michael as an artist, and judged about it? They will, probably. Do it ANYWAY. They said they didn't have time to devote to it? What ELSE are they doing? Two of them said they have "weight problems" and "don't look good enough?" Do it ANYWAY. I do find it sad, and wish them all the best.

From what Taryll said, it's more of the issue that they're rarely on the same page on what to do. TJ is married and raising his kids along with helping Katherine with Michael's kids and Taj is doing his web show (I think he's done stuff independently as well), so he got tired of waiting around for them and put out his solo EP himself (solid set of songs btw)

I think the family as a whole has an issue with pressure. Several of them are just now deciding to do things on their own and put stuff out independently (Jermaine has put some songs out, Janet has a distribution deal with BMG, Austin put his album out independently)

I believe Taryll said that he gained weight after MJ's death because he was so stressed. See, it is MJ's fault again :smilerolleyes:

Death of a loved one (especially a sudden and unexpected death, ala homicide) can be a huge shock to the system and can bring about a lot of stress. I've experienced it myself and it is very REAL. Mind you, before his uncle's life was stolen from him his own MOTHER was a victim of homicide. For the same reasons some people turn to drugs and alcohol, some people turn to food to numb their pain.

You do a disservice to those that struggle through the grieving process by spewing hate towards them. Mike wasn't just a rock star to them; he was their loved one.

Last edited:

For me it was like deja vu with the brothers not getting their act together in the studio, we saw the same in Dynasty.

I didnt like the portion when TJ was talking to his son about boobs and booty but in all honesty that's because I'm the mother of teenage daughters! Lol

Im looking forward to finally resolving the whole Tanay issue though.

If I'm not mistaken, Kris Jenner, appears on the show. Me thinks that the success the Kardashians have earned, is what 3T is hoping for, which would be fine, in reality tv shows. Because when Katherine does die, it will get interesting how everyone will support themselves or if Blanket, Paris and Prince will feel financially burdened down to support all the Jackson's and the many generations!

The stress caused by the sudden and unexpected death of someone close to you can be horrendous. People handle stress in different ways. I hope that the next 5 episodes are not forays into their psyches. I think Tyrell should get grief counseling, more if he has already had some. He needs to gain the strength and confidence to be a soloist. I don't mean an arena/stadium performer, more like performance halls or Hollywood Bowl venues. He can do more songwriting, but sell them to other performers. His weight gain is probably stifling to his self-esteem, I was shocked at how blunt TJ was to him about it, but he may not be able to relate to it. Selling records is not anywhere near the moneymaker it used to be. The real money is in touring and with six children to raise I don't see how TJ can do it. Taj hasn't proven himself with anything in the film industry to lead me to believe he can make a professional documentary about his uncle. He is probably in a great position to produce one with a top director (one who appreciates Michael's body of work). I don't think 3T are moochers but I think their time as a musical group has come and gone. It's been twenty years, what are they picking up from. They are too old to seranade teenagers. The music has to be solid and ring true. Take lessons from Smokey Robinson's catalogue after he went solo.

I liked the show, and I'm proud of them doing it. It answered a few questions I had, and raised a bunch more. I think I'll watch it again before I comment on it, because it actually made me pretty sad.

I read the reviews today (and I think most of them are bloggers, not really reporters) on the major news sites, and it's pretty obvious people were expecting the Prince, Paris and Blanket show. I think it just makes me a little put out that so many people just see Michael as a fascinating curiosity, instead of pure incredible talent, and want to pass that fascination to his kids.

Ran across a couple of pre-interviews that Taj, Taryll and TJ did before the show-and I thought these 2 were pretty good. I especially liked the "Tarzan story", which finally made me laugh.

&#8216;Jacksons: Next Generation&#8217; Tracks Tito&#8217;s Kids to Stardom
[INTERVIEW] Lifetime mines reality TV gold following TJ, Taj andTaryll Jackson (formerly 3T) in their day-to-day struggle upholding the Jackson name

A family that&#8217;s been shrouded in rumors and secrecy, one that&#8217;s been referred to as &#8220;American royalty,&#8221; just peeled back another layer to reveal how they truly live their lives. TJ, Taj and Taryll, sons of legendary Jackson 5 brother Tito Jackson, have embarked on a new docu-series for Lifetime television called The Jacksons: Next Generation.

The show (which premiered Friday, October 2) focuses on the third generation of the famed Jackson family, as they work to balance a career and their lives as traditional family men while living up to the pressures and demands that come with their last name. According to Lifetime, the series reveals what it&#8217;s like for them living up to the Jackson name, including how they deal with constant rumors, stalkers and frauds who all want a piece of anything and anyone related to the family&#8217;s legacy.

TJ, Taj and Taryll aren&#8217;t the first Jacksons to bring reality cameras inside their home. The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty (2009) aired for one season on the A&E Network, and La Toya Jackson gave it a go with her OWN reality show, Living Life with La Toya (2013-14), which aired for two seasons. So why is this next generation of Jacksons firing up the cameras again and allowing their lives to be put on display?

EBONY.com spent some time with the trio at the Jackson family estate known as Hayvenhurst, where we chatted about that, what their late uncle Michael would think about them doing this series, and more.

EBONY: Your family has been private throughout most of your lives. There wasn&#8217;t the advent of social media back then, and now you&#8217;re doing something very public. Why now?

Taj Jackson: I think you hit it right on the head about social media. That&#8217;s what the difference is and so now&#8230; We are a private family but at the same time, with social media, if you don&#8217;t address certain things, people think it&#8217;s true and people keep spreading those lies and rumors. I&#8217;ve seen people quote stuff on message boards that are completely false. And then someone else picks it up and starts quoting it, and it&#8217;s kind of one of those things where we have to just nip it in the bud.

EBONY: I&#8217;m sure you&#8217;re used to having cameras in your face all the time, paparazzi and whatnot. But how was it having cameras follow you around for your docu-series?

TJ: It was different, because you are used to having cameras in your face when you step out and you&#8217;re &#8220;working.&#8221; But to open up your home and let them in and have the walls down is completely different. It wasn&#8217;t easy at first for us to do, but we made that decision to do it, so you&#8217;ll see that. It&#8217;s real and it&#8217;s not always pretty, but that&#8217;s life.

EBONY: What was your dad Tito Jackson&#8217;s advice in the show? Will we see him at all?

TJ: He didn&#8217;t really give us much advice regarding the show. We were a group in the &#8217;90s as 3T, and that&#8217;s where our father gave us all the advice we needed about what it&#8217;s like being in the spotlight. But he&#8217;s in the show. He&#8217;s there to crack the whip when we get out of control. But in all honestly, it was our mother and Uncle Michael who we looked to for direction oftentimes. And with them both gone, it&#8217;s our father now that if he says something, we listen.

EBONY: You mentioned Uncle Michael. What do you think he would think about all of this?

TJ: Times have changed. So if you&#8217;re thinking, &#8220;what would Michael think?&#8221; 15 years ago, it&#8217;s different now. I think he would be proud of us being open and being real and with the intention of doing something well in the world. Every episode has a little nugget of value and a lesson, and that&#8217;s what I know he would be proud of. He was all about love and family and that&#8217;s what the show is about. To get there, you&#8217;re going to see us go through struggles and issues. But when it comes down to it, it&#8217;s about love and family.

EBONY: You guys are family men, you have kids. What are some family values you guys have learned? You&#8217;re African-American royalty for heaven&#8217;s sake!
Tayrll Jackson: Well, I think the most important thing we&#8217;ve learned is to love each other and support each other, but also to treat everyone with respect and love. I know it kind of sounds corny now, but it&#8217;s true. We were raised to respect each other and be kind and loving, and I don&#8217;t think that&#8217;s done enough. I don&#8217;t think people have that. They&#8217;re so quick to just worry about themselves, and you have to take care of each other.

EBONY: You said there are some rocky times. How does that play out in the show?

TJ: Especially in this series, a lot of it stems from us as brothers, and our struggles and frustrations as a band. Without giving away too much, at what point do you need to reconsider the band for the sake of the brothers? That&#8217;s a struggle we go through throughout the series.

EBONY: TJ, you have joint custody with your grandmother Katherine of Michael&#8217;s kids: Paris, Michael and Prince Michael a.k.a. &#8220;Blanket.&#8221; Will they be in the show?

TJ: When we first decided to be in the show, we pulled the kids aside and told them what we were doing, and I can remember clearly two of them asking to be in it. Jumping up and down. So at what point do you say, &#8220;No, you can&#8217;t be in it because your father&#8217;s Michael Jackson?&#8221; Because that&#8217;s not fair to do.

Taj Jackson: Especially when they&#8217;re seeing their other cousins participating.

TJ: And that was almost falling into the same trap that we had. It&#8217;s like being trapped in being a Jackson. We couldn&#8217;t do that to them, being trapped in being &#8220;Michael Jackson&#8217;s kids.&#8221; So there&#8217;s a couple of family events we have, and a lot of our cousins are there and they&#8217;re one of the cousins. And they want to be there. Who are we to say, &#8220;You&#8217;re not allowed to because of who your dad is&#8221;? That&#8217;s not fair. And that&#8217;s the exact opposite of what family is. We&#8217;re family first, and they knew there were cameras there. Some of them were running straight toward the cameras, which we had to slow down a bit, but it&#8217;s all good. It&#8217;s about love and family.

Read more at EBONY http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-...racks-titos-kids-to-stardom-323#ixzz3nn1rGE45
Follow us: @EbonyMag on Twitter | EbonyMag on Facebook

These 3T lads are an interesting characters:D
If they tell the truth, it would come up the same in every interview, but when they lie, it is hard to remember what they said previously:doh:

I actually enjoyed the show.. can't wait for Friday.. Taryll made me cry talking about his Mom and Uncle Michael being the only two people he could talk to about his problems and how they are now both gone.. They seem nice, sweet and sincere to me.

Sad no love in this family it all about the money and Michael still the center of it all. Michael is still carrying the family and that is sad to see.

Sad no love in this family it all about the money and Michael still the center of it all. Michael is still carrying the family and that is sad to see.

In terms of the thread? New episode of the reality show coming right up.

^^ I think Michael did the very best he could with the will. I can't imagine anything else he could have done better? I was feeling ok about 3-T, or at least open-minded. . . The remark about Michael's parenting "trapping" the kids doesn't rest well, though. Same old. (and in the immortal words of Michael Jackson, "Tight-knit family, my ass. . . .")

Last edited:

Yeah bubs. thats what soundmind ment.

if tarryl feels like that he needs to go and do his own thing. seems theres excuses all round for not recreating the group. you either do it if all three want or you all just move on simple.. seems like tito is alot like his father. desperate for them to do things when they have no heart and tarryl been held back cause hes prob been guilt tripped that you cant go solo. Cause what will the others do even when the others have no real intrest and tjs landed on his feet with his lottery win.. sounds all to familiar.

Tarryll seems to be the most driven of 3 of them and want to have what they had 95 or become even more famous. He said he wants that fame and seemingly graving for adulation from fans. I think his priorities are seriously messed up, if fame is what they grave. I did feel bad for him because it is not going to happen. Sorry to sound heartless, but if you look todays music business, it is very hard for boybands to stage comeback after years and years missing the scene There are tons of samples out there that are trying second coming but gets nowhere.

There are other things he can do in music business or even change or direction of his career. They cannot rely on "we are Michael Jackson's cousins" or we are part of "Jackson dynasty (royalty) forever and they got to get the proper jobs that they can pay their own stuff. Relying on their family members to paying their living should be embarrassing to the men of their age.

This thread is for discussing the new Jacksons reality show. All the relevant posts from the previous thread will be moved here. Please keep this one on topic. If you want to discuss the relationship between Michael and the Jacksons, there is a separate thread for it.

YouTube links for episodes 1 & 2 added on the first post.

Last edited:
I see a lot of Michael in all 3 of them and TJ 's oldest is really cute. I got annoyed with Tarylls "wife" and wasn't surprised when the producer asked while they were still together.
I wish we could see Taryll singing. I think they think the audience would be bored with studio stuff though.

LOVED the memorabilia part. Mystery solved how all that stuff ended up in storage. Sad.

Liked them talking about education at UMass and auto mechanics, etc. I keep trying to figure out who Siggy looks like (I have since he was a kid actually. I think I've only seen one picture of his mother).

Last edited:
Back