Jan 7th, 2008: Michael Jackson News and Mentionings [MJ to tour?]

It's just sad that because of some reports and articles that say "Michael is in debt, cause of the many 'cases' and several payments/settlements he's made'

What's even more SAD is how people like...my friends, or for example, my collegeaus run around with those stories and tell them to me as if they are 100% the truth....just because you read it in a magazine or see it on the tv screen, don't make it factual!!!! Such an awesome line by MJ that really fits to that.
There is nothing sad about people gossipping. What is sad is when you let it affect you or influence your belief. People who push lies lead boring and uninteresting life. It says alot about them, not the person they gossip about. I would pity them, but I pity more the person who allows it to affect them.:huh:

Last edited:
what's so hard to u nderstand? if u have debt and u want to pay it off, u have to work.

britney spears makes 700K a month and she didn't write her songs nor does she own them. but she's still rolling in dough. imagine how much mj makes but then look where it goes...royalties and atv/acuff rose goes to the trust that was formed to pay off the debt...what does mj get to spend? maybe he'd like to go shopping or something.

ever think that the news worded it as he HAS to perform b/c he's known for pulling out so much? faking sick or backing out in the 11th hr. if he's making THAT much, he'd have to do it all or he gets nothing. it's called a contract. try looking up that word sometime.

whats really hard to understand is you.. you are a piece of work.. and I will leave it at that...

this is the 2nd time.. you've replied to my post.. with some smart ass answer..

2nd warning.. don't start with.. i will cuzz you out...

and I will try looking up the word CHARLATAN..

Last edited:
oh please.. let's not get heated up again on this debt issue. if ever michael is going to perform (for whatever reason), then let's all be fine with it. can't we leave it at that?

oh please.. let's not get heated up again on this debt issue. if ever michael is going to perform (for whatever reason), then let's all be fine with it. can't we leave it at that?

AMEN to that!!

Please leave all other stupid speculations to the press and the stupid tabloids!!!

gemini27, I am cool. Everybody have debts.. so this back and forth is really not about "debts'...

its just personality conflicts.. that go way back to Mjjf .. some people who don't like your point view.. love to attack you..

but, I am cool.. at the end of the day...his finances and his life.. is just that HIS

Last edited:
ok rasta.. i believe u when u say u r cool and i am glad B) and i understand that sometimes, emotions really get high esp. when discussions have become personal. u just got me nervous there!:D

and yeah, m with u when u say that michael's private life is just his and we shld just respect it

This whole debate is stupid. Supposedly during the trial Michael took temporary financing to the tune of 10% interest. That is $30,000,000 a year on $300M. The new terms were much better but it still isn't like the earnings from the catalog go only to pay the debt down, they pay interest as well I assume.

And borrowing money to invest in something that makes more for you than you pay in interest is smart if you can do it. The problem is all that time that Michael had to spend on the court case and recovery from it. He may well be cash poor at this point. That is not the same as being a pauper. It is correct however that we really don't know.

If I were Michael I would want it all, control of the catalog, some petty cash for an occasional urn or two, my reputation back, and to create music that will assure my immortality. Nothing wrong with that. People don't usually only have one reason for doing things unless they are terminally dull or stupid, and we certainly know Michael isn't either of those. I think he is holding a straight flush myself and about to cash in.

Also, Michael has missed concerts. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he cancel the last dates of his last tour to go into treatment after the Chandler thing hit the fan. Was he faking? I doubt it actually. There is more than one way to be sick. They tried to bring him down and almost succeeded, but he is back. It is the steady determination over time that counts. Sometimes the will to heal is a part of it.

If I may, one of my favorite poems, "Will", goes like this:

There is no chance, no destiny, no fate
Can circumvent, or hinder, or control
The firm resolve of a determined soul.

Gifts count for nothing; will alone is great;

All things give way before it soon or late.
What obstacle can stay the mighty force
Of the sea-seeking river in its course,

Or cause the ascending orb of day to wait?
Each well-born soul must win what it deserves.

Let the fool prate of luck. The fortunate
Is he whose earnest purpose never swerves,
Whose slightest action or inaction serves
The one great aim.

Why, even Death stands still
And waits an hour sometimes for such a will

Last edited:
Just ignore the money thing.. Its not true. End of story

rasta, i have no idea what the hell u're talking about. the only thing i remember about u from mjjf was the kick ass rasta avatar but that's it. oh and posting the catalogue contents.... but the whole 'cuzz u out' comment is really humorous...especially b/c you're in italy, it's a michael jackson board, and honestly, IS IT THAT SERIOUS?

im not replying to u, i was replying to forever mike, not u. the ONLY BEEf i have w/ a poster here is totally obvious and i don't think they've shown their face in this thread.

im not a piece of work, im kinky kate and it's no damn big deal. who cares if he may or may not be going on tour? until there's any official sort of anything, tickets being sold, and programs being printed, i won't get my hopes up about any damn thing

debt is now speculation? if it was so full of untrue things, it would have been totally blasted on during court. it wasn't, so um...yeah. and about the amount reducing, those who have credit cards know that when they only make the minimum payment, they're not making a dent on what they owe, they're just paying the interest.

imagine the interest on a massive loan....and then refinancing on top of that.

whomever said they were NOT in debt...do u rent a house/apt? have a car? that's debt... u sign a lease, u owe that for the time you're there...a car note, hella debt. so the majority of those out there are in debt unless they're living, eating, and driving for free.

Back