Jan 7th, 2008: Michael Jackson News and Mentionings [MJ to tour?]

This article is interesting. Has anyone else seen the 3 month tour rumoured before?

http://www.soulshine.ca/news/newsarticle.php?nid=4926
Michael Jackson Negotiating Several U.K. Dates

Published: 2008-01-08

Pop icon Michael Jackson is supposedly in negotiations with the O2 Arena in London, England to play a series of shows there sometime this year.

Jackson is set to re-release his seminal record, Thriller, on the 11th of February as a re-package with remixes and new versions of the songs for its 25th anniversary. The London dates, along with a rumoured 3-month world tour, would promote the re-release of the disc and also be the first time Jackson would perform live since 2001.

Jackson is also said to be working on a 'comeback' record to be filled with brand new material and may also include collaborations with contemporary hip hop artists, such as will.i.am, Akon and Chris Brown.

Writer: Stephanie Ng Wan

never really heard of that bar the old paul martin articles about mj looking at venues for a tour.other than that never heard of a 3 month anything, this story just grows and grows lol

It's only a rumour. I afraid (sorry to say but) he might be way too old to tour 30 days in-a-row.. He didn't even do that in the past either when he was younger. Well, if he sung more and danced less then it could be very possible, but I think he must dance at least half of the show because people are waiting for him to dance. If it was a two-hour show, he could dance an hour and simply sing without dancing an hour like two dance pieces, then two without dancing, then two dance numbers again and so on.. He has always been a great performer without coreographed dancing, too. He is very emotional and touching..

It's only a rumour. I afraid (sorry to say but) he might be way too old to tour 30 days in-a-row.. He didn't even do that in the past either when he was younger. Well, if he sung more and danced less then it could be very possible, but I think he must dance at least half of the show because people are waiting for him to dance. If it was a two-hour show, he could dance an hour and simply sing without dancing an hour like two dance pieces, then two without dancing, then two dance numbers again and so on.. He has always been a great performer without coreographed dancing, too. He is very emotional and touching..
What we are not considering is that it might be 30 days but not in a row. Is that possible? 30 sounds kind of extreme to me as well. What do the performers in Vegas like Celine Dion do? Don't they play almost nightly?

I hear what you are saying about it being strenuous. If you take care of yourself you can be just as fit at 50 as you were younger. Eventually you slow down but not necessarily at 50 yet. The thing is Michael has had injuries in the past during performances and I feel that even the type of dancing he does must be hard on his body. I wouldn't want him to do anything that would be harmfull to himself and yet I believe he truly does want to use some venue to bring the worlds attention back to his prowess as a performer/artist. It is a difficult balance I am sure and only Michael knows what he can and can't do.

Thanks 4 the translation.. Article says it will begin in Feb? This makes it sound more of a fake rumor than ever.. There is no way sum1 would not announce important performances/concerts within a month of it begining..

MJ knows ppl would fly in from around the world for this.. He knows ppl cannot just hear about a huge event and go across the world within a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Ms baines email (if real) contradicts the article. If nothing has been finalized than there is NO feb. Dates set.. They probably in talk, the same way with the people in vegas.. Michael is obviously shopping around getting all the underground stuff taken care of before launching the new album.. He's doing it different. Usually labels shop for promotions/tours/performances durring launch.. Mike does not want to get scrued again. He's getting everything set to go before he suprizes everyone so he won't get suprizes with deals going stale.

He's getting the comeback in order so everything falls in place. That is what is taking so long..

Last edited:
The BEST part for me is that Ms Bain's message confirms that MJ is Shopping around! Can't wait!!!

You never know for sure, but there's a good possibility that the ticket price is gonna be ridiculous high. Remember that 'anniversary' show he did with his brothers....i heard tickets were incredible high, in the thousands of dollars....although i very doubt that's true.

That is....if this is all true, of course.
I highly doubt it....wasnt it said that he wasn't planning on any tours, or concerts? And now all the sudden...because he's highly in debt? Nah.....

Last edited:
You never know for sure, but there's a good possibility that the ticket price is gonna be ridiculous high. Remember that 'anniversary' show he did with his brothers....i heard tickets were incredible high, in the thousands of dollars....although i very doubt that's true.

That is....if this is all true, of course.
I highly doubt it....wasnt it said that he wasn't planning on any tours, or concerts? And now all the sudden...because he's highly in debt? Nah.....
Out of curiosity I ran some numbers earlier. O2's max capacity is supposedly 20,000. If Michael actually plays 30 days for $30M that is $1M a night or $50 per ticket. You need to add whatever the venue requires as its take and maybe any taxes or whatever. In addition (although I don't know what kind of seating O2 has) I would expect there to be more than one priced ticket, some higher and some lower priced. I think if there were tickets for over $1000 before they were probably exclusive seats. I have read that Michael has historically kept his ticket prices low compared to other big name artists/performers. Even in Japan where he had that exclusive event he followed up with a lower priced one to open it up to more people.

Out of curiosity I ran some numbers earlier. O2's max capacity is supposedly 20,000. If Michael actually plays 30 days for $30M that is $1M a night or $50 per ticket. You need to add whatever the venue requires as its take and maybe any taxes or whatever. In addition (although I don't know what kind of seating O2 has) I would expect there to be more than one priced ticket, some higher and some lower priced. I think if there were tickets for over $1000 before they were probably exclusive seats. I have read that Michael has historically kept his ticket prices low compared to other big name artists/performers. Even in Japan where he had that exclusive event he followed up with a lower priced one to open it up to more people.

Really? That's awesome, that's our mike, ain't it ? :)
well, 50 or even 100 dollars for a ticket isn't that much.
You get to pay that for U2 or Bruce Springsteen concerts as well.

Really? That's awesome, that's our mike, ain't it ? :)
well, 50 or even 100 dollars for a ticket isn't that much.
You get to pay that for U2 or Bruce Springsteen concerts as well.
Don't forget this is just speculation based on speculation. :lol:

You also have to add what the venue needs to make to that average $50 per ticket. I just believe that Michael will try to have there be a range of ticket prices.

Does anyone know what range the Prince tickets ran?

Yeah, and i still really doubt he's gonna do 10 shows. When did he EVER do that? And only because of his debts? Didn't michael recently bought a new home somewhere or something like that? I'm getting sick and tired of this crap about being close to broke and having to pay debts and all that.

Aren't there any fans here that went to the anniversary show? If so...how much did the ticket cost you?
I also was kinda...how u say...'dissapointed' when i read about how people could have a brief meet&greet with Michael, and the costs for it were VERY high....dont know if it's true...but come on.

Last edited:
Yeah, and i still really doubt he's gonna do 10 shows. When did he EVER do that? And only because of his debts? Didn't michael recently bought a new home somewhere or something like that? I'm getting sick and tired of this crap about being close to broke and having to pay debts and all that.

Aren't there any fans here that went to the anniversary show? If so...how much did the ticket cost you?
I also was kinda...how u say...'dissapointed' when i read about how people could have a brief meet&greet with Michael, and the costs for it were VERY high....dont know if it's true...but come on.

when did mj ever do 10 shows?. kinda confused by that. mj has done 100's of shows on world tours. 10 shows is nothing. even moreso when its in one place. they wont happen 10 days in a row he will prob do a max of 3 shows a week like he does when on tour. tickets for MSG ranged from $40 to thousands. that was a special one off with many artists performing. who knows whatthe prices would be for this. over the past 10 years prices have gone through the roof. prince sold them for around £30 but according to many alot of tickets were bought by agencies and the prices went through the roof. the meet and great was a vip event which business ppl attended. there was an event the next day for fans that cost something like $50

when did mj ever do 10 shows?. kinda confused by that. mj has done 100's of shows on world tours. 10 shows is nothing. even moreso when its in one place. they wont happen 10 days in a row he will prob do a max of 3 shows a week like he does when on tour. tickets for MSG ranged from $40 to thousands. that was a special one off with many artists performing. who knows whatthe prices would be for this. over the past 10 years prices have gone through the roof. prince sold them for around £30 but according to many alot of tickets were bought by agencies and the prices went through the roof. the meet and great was a vip event which business ppl attended. there was an event the next day for fans that cost something like $50

No i meant it like...10 days in a row. I thought that was the plan. I misunderstood. OF COURSE i know the dude has done MANY shows :D.

Michael has never done 10 shows in 10 days in YEARS and I'm talking back to the Jackson 5 days. But if he could pull it off, I'll be impressed. :yes:

Looking at that the 30 days and three months kind of match don't they?

Looking at that the 30 days and three months kind of match don't they

u mean the 3 month world tour comment in an article? tbh i think everything is nothing more than chinese whispers.other than knowing talks are happening everything else is plain theories by papers. the fact we have had so many different stories including crazy things like the shows gonna be done with 50 cent and will shows that.

someone said that the tickets will go for £20.... i need more infos

i very much doubt any tickets will be as cheap as that. i wouldnt worry about prices until we know shows are actually happening. way to much jumping the gun from the media and everyone. heck just cause talks are happening doesnt mean it will happen.just gotta wait and see

i dont believe he will do 10 dates let alone 30 :lol:
its pretty exhausting. he better organizes a vip exclusive event again and earn twice as much with no exhaustion at all. :D

well 10-30 performances does not HAVE to be exhasting.. We don't know how much time that would be spread out between.. What if it is spread within 10 months.. that's 1-3 performances a month.. Not bad at all.

well 10-30 performances does not HAVE to be exhasting.. We don't know how much time that would be spread out between.. What if it is spread within 10 months.. that's 1-3 performances a month.. Not bad at all.

lol i dont think it would be spread within 10 months. in that case he'd have to live 10 months in london or traveling all the damn time with 3 little kids with him AND he wouldnt be able to do absolutely nothing else. wouldnt worth it for sure.

Today it was on the news, news on a channel which i call reliable, papers...all of that, but still NOTHING is 100% confirmed?

THey also said in the news that no matter what MJ wants, he HAS to do those 10 shows...
it's not a matter of choice for him,he has to or else there were gonna be consequences. THey said it was all about his debts...like 220 million in debts. And this dude that arranged the show demanded him to perform the whole Thriller album.

Last edited:
Back