Jan 7th, 2008: Michael Jackson News and Mentionings [MJ to tour?]

that's the thing though.. If he spreads out 10 performances within 10 months.. he'll only have to do 1 a month.. Giving his SO MUCH time to do other things with the album.. When u are out TOUR you cannot do everything..

I have said many times I would like Michael to do 14 concerts within a years time.. doing 2 concerts on each populated continent. Like 1 on the east coast, and one on the west coast of each continent giving everyone a good chance of going. That way he would only have to do 1 concert a month (except 2 months) where he'd do 2..

Within all that time break, he could be doing promotions, award shows, videos, resting, rehearsing.. WHATEVER he wants to do for himself, his children, and career..

I think spreading it out gives a good amount of time for him to plan and make everything perfect.. (as he is a perfectionist) it gives him enough time not to wear out his body.. Gives fans more time to save and plan for a trip to the concert of there choice.. ALSO I think his last concert should be an HBO special that will later release with his album as a CD-DVD double disc. Raising sales of the album..

Michael can make alot of money with a set of concerts.. in 2002 Michael was offered 100 million dollers to tour supporting Invincible. This is after all the 'bad promotion' etc of the album.. Imagine once his album gets on it's way and is backed the right way what kind of opportunities will be open for him..

Last edited:
Today it was on the news, news on a channel which i call reliable, papers...all of that, but still NOTHING is 100% confirmed?

THey also said in the news that no matter what MJ wants, he HAS to do those 10 shows...
it's not a matter of choice for him,he has to or else there were gonna be consequences. THey said it was all about his debts...like 220 million in debts. And this dude that arranged the show demanded him to perform the whole Thriller album.

I don't believe that! Ain't nobody gonna demand Michael to do anything! He's 49 years old! This seems like a crock of bull to me! Not saying you are, but I think this report is!

Today it was on the news, news on a channel which i call reliable, papers...all of that, but still NOTHING is 100% confirmed?

THey also said in the news that no matter what MJ wants, he HAS to do those 10 shows...
it's not a matter of choice for him,he has to or else there were gonna be consequences. THey said it was all about his debts...like 220 million in debts. And this dude that arranged the show demanded him to perform the whole Thriller album.
Why do you like to focus on MJ's debts. MJ has been performing since he was a kid. Do all other stars perform because they are in debt too? What was Prince's problem why he performed or any other performer? Why focus on MJ's reason to perform? He is a PERFORMER. The media do not know any more than we do, so why do you focus on them?

I don't believe that! Ain't nobody gonna demand Michael to do anything! He's 49 years old! This seems like a crock of bull to me! Not saying you are, but I think this report is!
rue. The stupid a..ss people cannot find anything much to say so they are trying to put a damper on any tour. The thing is that MJ isd a performer by trade. It shouldn't matter why he goes out to perform and these people know nothing about MJ's debts except what they hear from RF and like fools they run with it. The sad thing is that if they mess with MJ, I feel he will cancel any tour planned, I think they know it too.

Michael is not focusing on his 'debt' it's about his career.. Michael could get out of his 'debt' within ONE day by just simply selling a part of his SONY/ATV catologue. If it was really THAT bad, he would do it.. But the fact that he does not go and sell it, shows in itself he is not desprate to get out of 'debt'.. Nearly everyone owes money to someone, somewhere.. 'debt' is something we all have.. BILLS can be debt, car can be 'debt'.. It is a freaquent used word, but with Michael Jackson they try to make it sound like OMG!!

like I said Michael was offered 100 million dollers to tour in 2002. He can make money VERY easy, he has nothing financially to really worry about.

Michael is not focusing on his 'debt' it's about his career.. Michael could get out of his 'debt' within ONE day by just simply selling a part of his SONY/ATV catologue. If it was really THAT bad, he would do it.. But the fact that he does not go and sell it, shows in itself he is not desprate to get out of 'debt'.. Nearly everyone owes money to someone, somewhere.. 'debt' is something we all have.. BILLS can be debt, car can be 'debt'.. It is a freaquent used word, but with Michael Jackson they try to make it sound like OMG!!

like I said Michael was offered 100 million dollers to tour in 2002. He can make money VERY easy, he has nothing financially to really worry about.
Exactly. MJ is officially the second most sort after celeb in the world. That is money speak. If MJ was desparate he could make money. When people talk about MJ being broke they do not include his huge Atv/ empire that is one of the most envied in the world. They pretend that it doesn't exist, so I like to throw it in their faces.

given the fact that michael hates to tour i dont think doing 10-30 shows in one place or more is what he wants. spreading out those 10-30 shows within 10 months or so is like touring and trust me it would take a lot from him. i think its most likely that he will do a couple of shows here and there just to satisfy his fans (like he did in 1999) and thats it. only the thought of 30 shows in a short period of time makes me feel exhausted lol. i guess we just have to wait and see. we'll find out soon ;) bottom line is that michael should do whatever makes HIM feel happy and satisfied and not his fans cuz as i have noticed many fans only care about what they want and they dont give a rats ass about michael. they want him to tour, do a new album do this do that and they're never grateful and never satisfied. blah

Why do you like to focus on MJ's debts. MJ has been performing since he was a kid. Do all other stars perform because they are in debt too? What was Prince's problem why he performed or any other performer? Why focus on MJ's reason to perform? He is a PERFORMER. The media do not know any more than we do, so why do you focus on them?

Hey, don't blame me. I am only telling what i've heard. To be exact,my bro told me about how it was on the news and in papers.

Personally i don't like how the media keeps saying Mike is only doing it for his debts, and i dont believe it neither. I'm just curious how those morons came up with that story. Every 'normal' news program is running with the story....so everyone is gonna start to believe it.

I am not understanding that "Michael has to perform because of debts"..

come on now.. didn't we see it coming from the media.. looking at their pattern in reporting about Michael.. especially the tabs..

my logic is.. if they have been saying he has had millions in debts for over 6-7years.. shouldn't he be doing a tour every damn month?? for the last 6-7 yyears

come now, guys.. don't fall into the trap.. its just too easy..and
if we think about it..

I will say that Michael is doing a tour.. because his fans wants it and he wants to oblige because we stood bye him during his darkest days..

Last edited:

EXACTLY!!! Thank you!! Its like all these artists tour/sing etc for what? Charity?:rolleyes: But when MJ wants to do what he has been doing since he was 6, the only reason is because he is broke!:rolleyes:

I am not understanding that "Michael has to perform because of debts"..

come on now.. didn't we see it coming from the media.. looking at their pattern in reporting about Michael.. especially the tabs..

my logic is.. if they have been saying he has had millions in debts for over 6-7years.. shouldn't he be doing a tour every damn month?? for the last 6-7 yyears

come now, guys.. don't fall into the trap.. its just too easy..and
if we think about it..

I will say that Michael is doing a tour.. because his fans wants it and he wants to oblige because we stand bye him during his darkest days..

What p*** me off about this 'he wants to tour coz he is broke' BS is that if MJ decided not to tour etc they will be like 'he can't sing/dance anymore, he isn't motivated etc etc' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

EXACTLY!!! Thank you!! Its like all these artists tour/sing etc for what? Charity?:rolleyes: But when MJ wants to do what he has been doing since he was 6, the only reason is because he is broke!:rolleyes:
These people are menaces to MJ and we give them too much credit when we report their rubbish as news. Remember when they reported that MJ married his nanny, all of a sudden he did because he wanted to give his family creditabily. It is as if they have 'stock' reasons for everything MJ does. Logic tells me that if a man isn't filing for backruptcy he is not in any financial trouble. Logic also tells me that if a man has 50% ownership of one of the most profitable music publishing business, then he cannot be broke. But logic doesn't work for these people. Because they focus is to hate.

u mean the 3 month world tour comment in an article? tbh i think everything is nothing more than chinese whispers.other than knowing talks are happening everything else is plain theories by papers. the fact we have had so many different stories including crazy things like the shows gonna be done with 50 cent and will shows that.

i very much doubt any tickets will be as cheap as that. i wouldnt worry about prices until we know shows are actually happening. way to much jumping the gun from the media and everyone. heck just cause talks are happening doesnt mean it will happen.just gotta wait and see

www.jacksonaction.com said so.

what's so hard to u nderstand? if u have debt and u want to pay it off, u have to work.

britney spears makes 700K a month and she didn't write her songs nor does she own them. but she's still rolling in dough. imagine how much mj makes but then look where it goes...royalties and atv/acuff rose goes to the trust that was formed to pay off the debt...what does mj get to spend? maybe he'd like to go shopping or something.

ever think that the news worded it as he HAS to perform b/c he's known for pulling out so much? faking sick or backing out in the 11th hr. if he's making THAT much, he'd have to do it all or he gets nothing. it's called a contract. try looking up that word sometime.

what's so hard to u nderstand? if u have debt and u want to pay it off, u have to work.

britney spears makes 700K a month and she didn't write her songs nor does she own them. but she's still rolling in dough. imagine how much mj makes but then look where it goes...royalties and atv/acuff rose goes to the trust that was formed to pay off the debt...what does mj get to spend? maybe he'd like to go shopping or something.

ever think that the news worded it as he HAS to perform b/c he's known for pulling out so much? faking sick or backing out in the 11th hr. if he's making THAT much, he'd have to do it all or he gets nothing. it's called a contract. try looking up that word sometime.

Sorry but I am kinda struggling to understand your point here?:huh: I mean just because someone works doen't mean that they have debt to pay! We don't know anything about MJ's finances besides from rumour of him been broke, which by the way have been going on for years now.

As for the part about him falling sick or backing out at the 11th hour, wtf? How many countless tours/performances has MJ done in his life both as J5 and alone without a problem?

Sorry but I am kinda struggling to understand your point here?:huh: I mean just because someone works doen't mean that they have debt to pay! We don't know anything about MJ's finances besides from rumour of him been broke, which by the way have been going on for years now.

As for the part about him falling sick or backing out at the 11th hour, wtf? How many countless tours/performances has MJ done in his life both as J5 and alone without a problem?
a-a-a-a-men!!!

countless tours? um......sure, he doesn't tour as much as most and he's risky to book b/c of backing out. just ask avram! lol i don't think he could've played sick in the j5 days, could u picture that?

and everyone has debt. every celebrity and every person! whether it's a house payment or loans, they have debt. if you're making less than you've promised to repay OR you have themoney to repay but you'd like some actual cash for yourself, u w ork.

what's the big damn deal? if he does it or doesn't do it, it makes no difference. the only reason y the media can get away w/ saying that is b/c we always hear about him being sued for non-payment, court documents saying he's massively in debt, but it doesn't matter.

if he don't wanna do it, he won't do it.

Like I said, damn if he do and damn if he don't. Whatever way we think about it, it's still big news that Michael is in possible negotiations with people to do a tour. The media's the media, we the fans, we ask why but it's best to let it go and see what happens.

countless tours? um......sure, he doesn't tour as much as most and he's risky to book b/c of backing out. just ask avram! lol i don't think he could've played sick in the j5 days, could u picture that?

and everyone has debt. every celebrity and every person! whether it's a house payment or loans, they have debt. if you're making less than you've promised to repay OR you have themoney to repay but you'd like some actual cash for yourself, u w ork.

what's the big damn deal? if he does it or doesn't do it, it makes no difference. the only reason y the media can get away w/ saying that is b/c we always hear about him being sued for non-payment, court documents saying he's massively in debt, but it doesn't matter.

if he don't wanna do it, he won't do it.

Seriously this is getting very silly!:lol: Did you see MJ during BAD, HIStory etc tours or did those pass you by? How about when he turned up for vince promotion (despite the probs with Sony at the time) or what about the WMA when he sang even though he wasn't meant too? So when you talk about unreliability you loose me. Also he was making album for vince when he got arrested? Did all these pass you by?

P.S I DON"T HAVE DEBTS OF ANY KIND. I work three jobs because I LOVE MY WORK AND I AM BLOODY GOOD AT THEM!

hey, let's be real here. i don't think there's anything wrong if the news sez michael has to do the shows to pay off some of his debts. like soso sed,
if u have debt and u want to pay it off, u have to work.
. not that were focusing so much on his debts but let's look at the supposed tour as a good thing. MJ will be able to make more money and he'l make his fans happy. we want him to perform and if he indeed performs, then alleluia!:D

When folks are in REAL debt, they don't take their sweet time going back to work. LOL!

I also like to note, that the "debt" has got to be a bit lower by now. I mean, as you say, MJ's money goes directly to paying off his debt. With the addition of the Stoller/Lieber AND Famous Music, his profits "probably" increased last year. And Lord only knows what Martin Bandier has in store for the catalog this year.

In my opinion, Mike is going on tour (IF that even happens) because he wants to go on tour and not because he wants to go shopping. LOL!

Last edited:
Well I am currently playing it (Vince) for the third time today and for the life of me I don't know why people don't love this album.

Of course I liked bluesy stuff before listening to Michael. Some fans maybe just have a different taste in music and were disappointed with the direction this album took.

Yeah that's it. :yes: :lol:

there is NO way possible for someone to know that MJ would
'perform to get out of debt'.. How would anyone know.. Not even his closest friends and family would not know what in MJ's head is driving him to perform.. lol! Why would he share that with a business venutre?? infact it makes it look worse for MJ if he would bring that up in a meeting.. lol! so how would they know?? THEY WOULD'T.

What are we talking about here? I think things have got out of hand...Michael's finances are private matter and all we should talk about is the touring possibility nothing further. Show some respect and let the man handle his business free of speculation...

ever think that the news worded it as he HAS to perform b/c he's known for pulling out so much? faking sick or backing out in the 11th hr

you do over exagerate alot. you use the avram case as an example. big deal one set of shows that wouldnt have happened anyway because of flights stopping early to do the the millenium bug perhaps you give us a the long list of show that have been pulled out of the thousands hes given in the last 40 years. oh yeah and mj always fakes illness. your alan metzger now aswell are you? call yourself a fan yet you so bitchy towards mj sometimes like u thnk mj owes u something

I also like to note, that the "debt" has got to be a bit lower by now. I mean, as you say, MJ's money goes directly to paying off his debt. With the addition of the Stoller/Lieber AND Famous Music, his profits "probably" increased last year. And Lord only knows what Martin Bandier has in store for the catalog this year.

yeah thats sorted with all the payments from sony/atc and mijac going into it. bu he owes another $30 million for lawsuits and to keep the ranch. hopefully fianance has been sorted but its still gotta be paid one way or the other. whether hes plannning on doing the shows for that sole reason who knows but of course its gonna help in getting a decent cash flow going. im sue its apart of the a bigger picture because he could make big money by giving a few interviews etc. things will become clearer when/ if we ever find out whats going on with the album and how concerts releate to that interms of when they take place. frankly i dont care what the concerts are for aslong as they happen lol

This is probably what is going on...

Probably the real story:
* Michael has shopped around for performance plans, seeing where he would have the best offers

* This 02 arena being one of them that interests him

The Article(s):
*Someone hears that he's been in contact with ppl at 02 arena

* Know he's coming out with Thriller 25 (not knowing about his new album)

* Remembers all those rumors about him being in debt and owes money

* Puts the stories together to make sence..

"Michael Jackson plans to perform at 02 arena to promote his Thriller 25th anniversary to get out of debt"

I'll bet you that is exactly how this article stuff came about

It's just sad that because of some reports and articles that say "Michael is in debt, cause of the many 'cases' and several payments/settlements he's made'

What's even more SAD is how people like...my friends, or for example, my collegeaus run around with those stories and tell them to me as if they are 100% the truth....just because you read it in a magazine or see it on the tv screen, don't make it factual!!!! Such an awesome line by MJ that really fits to that.

Last edited:
Back