Janet Jackson Harper’s Bazaar Magazine Tell-All Interview...Interview NOW POSTED!!!

Re: Janet Jackson Harper’s Bazaar Magazine Tell-All Interview

I appreciate your response but I did not mis-understand. I'm 36, I've been a MJ fan for as along as I can remember. I just think there are some .... very young minded, over-zealous opinions here that - can come off offensively and pompous ..and it could just be that a lot of the fans are young and dont know how to properly express their opinions and can come off sounding insensative to the family memembers. Bottom line is, being a fan will never replace being an actual family member. Imagine someone off the street telling you how to mourn your brother...because they idolized your brother and they dont feel youre doing it the way they would. I know that some of Michaels family members could have done things differently, but ill never place myself in the position of higher regard because at the end of the day, Im a fan of Michaels, a friend in the head...but he is not my brother, cousin, uncle, nephew - so Im not going to criticise about what Latoya or Jermain is doing. They have to live with those decisions, not me. Not to say we shouldnt voice our opinions on it....but some of the fans here, just seem to think how they feel about it is more important and that they are respecting Michael in a way that is unparalled and unmatched when in truth they are trying to speak for Michael, just as much as Jermain may be.

Anyway - great interview by Janet. She's amazing. I dont like seeing her getting hated on, which she was in this thread by people that hadnt even read anything.

It could just be Im used to a little more maturity. :doh:

:clapping::clapping::clapping::yes::yes::yes:
Thanks so much for this post! i couldn't agree more!

her interview was perfect

Awww janet, i love you. that was so nice. can't wait to read the full article, i'm hoping there's more!

glad she's not with dupri, i hope she finds a hot man, she's too gorgeous not to.

I know what you mean. I guess I feel the same about all the other Jackson except Janet. I mean, IMO, she is one the one who knew MJ best. His brothers didn't know him so what are they going to say? I think Toya knew him better but something about her rubs me the wrong way. I always feel like she's out for her personal gain. :doh:

But being a huge Janet fan I'm glad she's talking. It lets her fans and MJ's fans know how she is doing.

Wow, how can you make such a blanket statement like that. Jaxxon I couldn't agree more with what you have been saying. . Some of the things I read here regarding members of Michael's family I expect to read in a tabloid.

It's strange, that's for sure! I don't understand it either. How can someone who loved him from afar think their relationship would hold a candle to that of a family member? The family loved him as a brother and son. They had a *personal* relationship with him that the fans didn't have. And Michael knew and LOVED his family members, regardless of any differences they may've had. Michael was all about LOVE, so I too find it disturbing to see the unadulterated HATRED that is thrown around towards his family members. :cry:

Don't worry LauraLovesMJ, I don't understand it either! the hatred and venom coming from some members on this board towards michaels family astounds me. Its alright to disagree or question what Michaels family is doing but I think such disagreements should be expressed tastefully. There is such thing as showing tact. Making assumptions based on media junk, name calling, wishing hate or bad things on Michaels family (and those who support Michaels family) is not the way to go about showing your dissagreement!

Don't worry LauraLovesMJ, I don't understand it either! the hatred and venom coming from some members on this board towards michaels family astounds me.
It astounds me too! And a LOT of it really can be accurately referred to as "venom" as you say. WHY the need for it? I don't think Michael would be ok with all this hatred in the least. :cry:

Its alright to disagree or question what Michaels family is doing but I think such disagreements should be expressed tastefully. There is such thing as showing tact. Making assumptions based on media junk, name calling, wishing hate or bad things on Michaels family (and those who support Michaels family) is not the way to go about showing your dissagreement!
Absolutely. There is a way to question what they do without hating on them! Unfortunately I think a lot of people think that hatred for his family is somehow "support" for Michael. That's a very misguided notion imo.

It just makes me sad to see all the hatred and bitter comments made about them! They're a family just like any other and they shouldn't be pounded into the ground with constant criticism and bashing!

I checked out your webpage and it looks cool! Can't wait to watch all those videos. :)

I
_love__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif
me some Janet. Janet's interview was classy God bless her.

the part that hurts the most is when she said, "my brother is" and then she changed it to "was".....heart breaking!

I know. It's so sad. I still can't believe that he's gone. :cry:

God bless Janet.

Great interview! Thanks for sharing. :flowers:

Loved the bits about MJ and his love for shiny sparkly things...and him laughing til he cried. Dawwwwww! :cry:

And I can't believe she used to hate her smile. That whole family could have done toothpaste commercials for a living. :lol: It's interesting how some ppl see themselves as having a certain flaw and yet others don't see that flaw at all.

I wish Janet well with all of her projects. She surely deserves it.

I know what you mean. I guess I feel the same about all the other Jackson except Janet. I mean, IMO, she is one the one who knew MJ best. His brothers didn't know him so what are they going to say? I think Toya knew him better but something about her rubs me the wrong way. I always feel like she's out for her personal gain. :doh:

But being a huge Janet fan I'm glad she's talking. It lets her fans and MJ's fans know how she is doing.

The thing is no ones but the Jackson family how the family dynamics work. It is easy to say Janet was the closest to Mike from an outsider perspective,but judging from the interview it didn't seem that way. I got that from all the Jackson sibling interviews. It was obvious the Jackson family was close except with Michael. Joe was closer to Michael it seems.

Janet is one beautiful woman. On the inside and on the outside.
The interview was perfect, I respect her immensely for all her comments.

Thank you for being such a loving sister, Ms Jackson :cry:

I could comment a lot more, but too many words can ruin the mood...

Oh, didn't know about her and Dupri :( I hope she finds love again soon

The Jacksons loved Michael and he loved them, that is all we need to know and remember. None of them would deliberatly harm him or his legacy, they deal with this in their own way, some people find it helps to talk, others don't.

I wish some wouldn't talk to the tabloids or interviewers who previously tried to damage him, helping their sales or ratings, but they have their reasons.

Overall they have the same gentleness and decency that Michael had, and if we are heartbroken it is nothing to the pain they are going through, we need to be understanding towards them and each other.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::yes::yes::yes:
Thanks so much for this post! i couldn't agree more!

I appreciate your response but I did not mis-understand. I'm 36, I've been a MJ fan for as along as I can remember. I just think there are some .... very young minded, over-zealous opinions here that - can come off offensively and pompous ..and it could just be that a lot of the fans are young and dont know how to properly express their opinions and can come off sounding insensative to the family memembers. Bottom line is, being a fan will never replace being an actual family member. Imagine someone off the street telling you how to mourn your brother...because they idolized your brother and they dont feel youre doing it the way they would. I know that some of Michaels family members could have done things differently, but ill never place myself in the position of higher regard because at the end of the day, Im a fan of Michaels, a friend in the head...but he is not my brother, cousin, uncle, nephew - so Im not going to criticise about what Latoya or Jermain is doing. They have to live with those decisions, not me. Not to say we shouldnt voice our opinions on it....but some of the fans here, just seem to think how they feel about it is more important and that they are respecting Michael in a way that is unparalled and unmatched when in truth they are trying to speak for Michael, just as much as Jermain may be.

Anyway - great interview by Janet. She's amazing. I dont like seeing her getting hated on, which she was in this thread by people that hadnt even read anything.

It could just be Im used to a little more maturity. :doh:

OMG like music to my ears. Thank You for writing this epic response. We need to pin this one. :clapping::clapping::clapping: Let's have some church in here. i'm only 31 LOL and i understand your sentiment. :punk:

sigh. I also refer to Michael as if he is still here when I talk about him. I can't physically accept he is gone forever.. :(

A strong interview as I would have expected, thanks for posting this. Is this the whole interview?

WOW, Janet looks beautiful in those pics. I'll definitely buy the mag if I see it (it'll be the US version and I'm in the UK).

omg back off my soso def jd mauldin man. helll to tha naw. now death makes people put things in perspective. maybe she broke it off, but there were rumours before he passed so whatever.

and jaxxon, ur spot on. there is janet hate in this thread...if it's subtle, let it stay that way.

After all, she did tell much. And how cute that the motown 25 jacket is their mothers! Imagine Mike snuffling into Mrs. Jackson's closet, how cute:lol:! Thanks for posting.

Re: Janet Jackson Harper’s Bazaar Magazine Tell-All Interview...Interview NOW POSTED!!!

lol that jacket belonged to michaels mother?!? it looked good on him

I subscribe to this magazine and I just read it.. It was a beautiful interview. My heart really goes out to her.

The part about the three stooges was so cute, sounds so much like me. I just love those old comedy films. We have so much in common :wub:

Back