Janet to tour Europe next year!!

Johanne

Proud Member
For the first time in about a decade, Miz Jackson is going to be touring Europe next year!

Janet made the announcement to the Times Online

source: Perez Hilton

Don´t know if it´s another thread about this, but didn´t see any..

But this is VERY exciting news...I was going to see her in 2001, but she cancelled it because of 9/11. But this is great, can´t wait!!! :D

For the first time in about a decade, Miz Jackson is going to be touring Europe next year!

source: Perez Hilton

Don´t know if it´s another thread about this, but didn´t see any..

But this is VERY exciting news...I was going to see her in 2001, but she cancelled it because of 9/11. But this is great, can´t wait!!! :D
dont be too happy it will probably get cancelled due to poor ticket sales just like her US tour was last year.. beg ur pardon of course it was only cancelled due to "vertigo" and the poor sales, and empty arenas had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
I guess we'll see. Hopefully she won't have poor ticket sales but unfortunately her album didn't do very well in the UK so we'll have to see though. Will be amazing if she does.

I don't know if I'd want to go to another Janet Jackson concert, even though I was very impressed with the Velvet Rope tour I attended in 1998 even though I'm not a fan. But if Janet does tour I think it would be better if she played smaller venues, and go after good reviews more so than ticket sales because her commercial stock as an artist is very low. It would be a good idea of Janet did a duet with a big name artist like Beyonce, Alicia Keys or Jay Z to raise her profile commercially speaking.

Don't you think that'd be kind of humiliating for her?

No I don't think it would be humiliating for her, Prince is bigger than Janet ever could be and he's played smaller venues in the late 1990's and early 2000's.

I know Janet isn't an artist like Prince who can drop in and out of the mainstream and could get away with playing smaller venues. But when I talk about smaller venues ie in the UK like the Hammersmith Apollo, that is a legendary music venue which David Bowie, Prince and The Jacksons have played. I'm not talking of a huge tour, but a very short PR tour. One concert in each major european city in small but trendy venues.

No I don't think it would be humiliating for her, Prince is bigger than Janet ever could be and he's played smaller venues in the late 1990's and early 2000's.

I know Janet isn't an artist like Prince who can drop in and out of the mainstream and could get away with playing smaller venues. But when I talk about smaller venues ie in the UK like the Hammersmith Apollo, that is a legendary music venue which David Bowie, Prince and The Jacksons have played. I'm not talking of a huge tour, but a very short PR tour.
One concert in each major european city in small but trendy venues.

+ Helsinki. That would be my dream.

I know Janet isn't an artist like Prince who can drop in and out of the mainstream and could get away with playing smaller venues. But when I talk about smaller venues ie in the UK like the Hammersmith Apollo, that is a legendary music venue which David Bowie, Prince and The Jacksons have played. I'm not talking of a huge tour, but a very short PR tour. One concert in each major european city in small but trendy venues.

I can't see Janet ever doing that.

She's a commercial artist who puts on a big show, big choreography, big costumes, just like Michael.

That would never work in a venue like the Hammersmith Apollo.

where? she gave that interview but a tour wasnt mentioned was it? if it was nobody bothered to mention it

where? she gave that interview but a tour wasnt mentioned was it? if it was nobody bothered to mention it

jeez, hope im not wrong. I read it on Perez..and he wrote that she had confirmed it to Times Online. I know he is a gossip blogger, but I dont think he would have written that if it wasn´t true and read it himself there.
I know she mentioned earlier about touring in an interview.. So I do think it´s happening.

well what does it say in that interview posted on here today? that was with the times.presuming thats the only interview shes given to the times.no one mentioned the tour in the thread about it. (i havnt read the interview dont read times stuff)

I don't trust Times Online. It's tabloid and there is nothing on her site, like everything else she is doing. Besides, if she wanted publicity for it I doubt she would choose them for an exclusive. Doesn't add up.

Hope this is true! I'd love to see janet live, i got her new album today its so good! :)

dont be too happy it will probably get cancelled due to poor ticket sales just like her US tour was last year.. beg ur pardon of course it was only cancelled due to "vertigo" and the poor sales, and empty arenas had nothing to do with it.

hater.

I don't trust Times Online. It's tabloid and there is nothing on her site, like everything else she is doing. Besides, if she wanted publicity for it I doubt she would choose them for an exclusive. Doesn't add up.

The Times isn't a tabloid, its a broadsheet but when it comes to entertainment they do get their facts wrong a lot of the time as they are more arts and culture, not popular music and film.

I hoope it is true too, I would be soo happy! I have heard her talk about a tour before though...

he Times isn't a tabloid, its a broadsheet
still owned by murdoch though and have been nothing but full of hate towardds mj over the years. ill believe when its on her site.although i doubt i can face one of her concerts or anyones concerts now and for years to come

She always mentions she'll "tour" Europe and other countries but to no avail. She had everything going for her before she cancelled the AFY tour in Europe but in 2001. It was a sell-out tour across Europe but she cancelled because of 9/11. She just hasn't bothered to even prmote herself over there since then. If The Best continues to sell well during the X-mas period it could very well be a nice lead in to a new album and then tour.

I can't see Janet ever doing that.

She's a commercial artist who puts on a big show, big choreography, big costumes, just like Michael.

That would never work in a venue like the Hammersmith Apollo.

Well Michael played in smaller venues with The Jacksons in the mid to late 1970's, he played the Hammersmith Appollo (then Hammersmith Odeon) in 1977 and the Rainbow Theatre with in Finsbury Park, London in 1979. Not comparing Janet with Michael, but Michael had raw talent and didn't actually need a big dazzling show to show off his genius on stage. He could still have put on a concert in a small venue and in the 1980's to 2009 if he wanted and just have had a band, backing singers and a spotlight and his concert would have been just as amazing as a concert with big choreography.

Michael's concerts were actually dependant on choreograph, because at his best in the 1980's and I would also say in 2009 during his rehearsals Michael would break out of the choreography and do improvised dance moves that were very intuitive to the music. I don't by all this big show, show big choregraphy stuff and linking Michael's name to it because he wasn't contrived and big shows with big choregraphy concerts are because the artist in such a show was not raw and spantous like Michael was.

Now your right when you say Janet's shows were big shows with big choreography, because does stick to her choreography and doesn't do improvised dance moves outside her group of dancers. But I don't see why she still couldn't do such a concert in a smaller venue. There would be enough room on stage, just no room for pyrotechnics etc. But Janet has enough good visual sense to create stage and a show that would suit small venue. Like I said I'm not a fan, I really don't care if her flops but I do think she's talented and could pull of doing a concert in a small venue. It wouldn't be humiliating for her, just that some people seem to think singing and dancing involves really big shows when it does. The only effect a concert needs apart from great talent is good sound and lighting.

ego comes into alot of things. maybe one off special shows at smaller venues but janet likes to put on a show and u cant do that at places like hammersmith.

seeing as the other thread was shut in reply to the known troll trueiopian who has been banned on many other mj boards for their attacks on mj

As of 2003 it's at 7 million WW. You lose, once again.

sony quoted vince as been at 11.2 mill as of the summer of 2002.yes sony lied u may say but the source is as credible as any other espeically the ones you are probably using in your attempt to attack mj

ego comes into alot of things. maybe one off special shows at smaller venues but janet likes to put on a show and u cant do that at places like hammersmith.

seeing as the other thread was shut in reply to the known troll trueiopian who has been banned on many other mj boards for their attacks on mj

sony quoted vince as been at 11.2 mill as of the summer of 2002.yes sony lied u may say but the source is as credible as any other espeically the ones you are probably using in your attempt to attack mj

1. I wasn't banned from many MJ boards, just one which is run by hypersensitive people. They banned many other members for no reason as well. I never attacked MJ on that forum so get your facts right. I got banned for correcting a mod :lol:

2. :lmao: @ you suggesting that Virgin is lying about Janet's sales. AFY sold 2 million in the states, just a month after release. Stay mad.

@ you suggesting that Virgin is lying about Janet's sales. AFY sold 2 million in the states, just a month after release. Stay mad.
no im not as i have no idea about what her sales were. im stating what i said inregards to vince and its sale of 11.2 mill being given by sony as of the summer of 2002. and not the 7 mill as u wish to believe in order to attack mj.thefact u feel the need to attack other posters and not have a sensible discussion kinda sums it up.those who resort to attacks have already lost

I wasn't banned from many MJ boards, just one which is run by hypersensitive people. They banned many other members for no reason as well. I never attacked MJ on that forum so get your facts right. I got banned for correcting a mod :lol:
well thats not what i saw, anyway u have been noted considering you previous history. kinda sad u feel the need to do such a thing

Back