Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0706/jacksonj.html

Singer Janet Jackson spoke out about her brother's love for Dublin at last night's Irish concert.

The What Have You Done For Me Lately? songstress played Dublin's Grand Canal Theatre last night, and just before she left the stage thanked the crowd for making her brother Michael Jackson feel so welcome and happy while he visited Ireland.

The 45-year-old sung her way through a string of hits with some impressive dance routines and outfits.

Her encore also included clips of her brother Michael. The Thriller star passed away on the 25th of June 2009.

Michael visited Ireland on several occasions. His sold out concerts in Cork's Páirc Uí Chaoimh in 1988 are still fondly remembered and the country went into Jackson mode when the legend visited the village of Rosemount, Co. Westmeath in 2006.

Speaking to Access Holywood in 2006 Michael said: "Ireland has inspired me to make a great album. I have never given up on making music."

Michael was reportedly spotted house-hunting in Cork.

OK. Thread is open again. I don't know why that had to be done. If you cannot stand Janet. then there is no need for you to ceom in a thread about her tour. We already said time and agan to stop coming in a trhead to talk about family member's past actions when it is unrelated.

I am going to give the thread another chance because it is not fair to those who want to have a civilized conversation about her tour to close this thread. It does not mean that you have to like everything about the tour. But at least have something to contribute besides hate. Please.

Thank you! :flowers:

Ginvid,

I will do everything possible to not break the rules of this forum. That's why I did not write everything I wanted here without the approval of the moderators. But I'm in a forum about MJ...where we can see a thread about a Jackson sister who betrayed MJ on national television. We do not live in fairyland. You can not expect MJ's fans tolerate that woman, saying to not comment on the thread, in a forum about Michael Jackson (!!!). It's like making a thread about Diana Demon but prohibiting us to speak badly of her. How long will this be possible? And it is impossible to have a civilized conversation about her tour. People here (Janet lovers) do not admit that the show is not a success. And if you do not agree, get the sad show of personal insults.

Again, I'll avoid breaking any forum rule, but I will not stop defending MJ. We're in a forum about Michael Jackson. It is not important whether we are at 2300 Jackson Street or not.

If our "dears" Janet fans do not like what MJ fans write, they can go to a forum dedicated to Janet. I never write about MJ in the forums of other artists and I never go on forums of artists I don't like. They can do the same. Or face the truth.

Ginvid,

I will do everything possible to not break the rules of this forum. That's why I did not write everything I wanted here without the approval of the moderators. But I'm in a forum about MJ...where we can see a thread about a Jackson sister who betrayed MJ on national television. We do not live in fairyland. You can not expect MJ's fans tolerate that woman, saying to not comment on the thread, in a forum about Michael Jackson (!!!). It's like making a thread about Diana Demon but prohibiting us to speak badly of her. How long will this be possible? And it is impossible to have a civilized conversation about her tour. People here (Janet lovers) do not admit that the show is not a success. And if you do not agree, get the sad show of personal insults.

Again, I'll avoid breaking any forum rule, but I will not stop defending MJ. We're in a forum about Michael Jackson. It is not important whether we are at 2300 Jackson Street or not.

If our "dears" Janet fans do not like what MJ fans write, they can go to a forum dedicated to Janet. I never write about MJ in the forums of other artists and I never go on forums of artists I don't like. They can do the same. Or face the truth.

Dang you really hate Janet. Your posts regarding her and your new signature (with an old irrelevant picture since Janet lost a lot of weight and her current tour is successful) says it all.

How rediculse and defending michael? What the heck are you are denfending him aginst? I could see if you were repying to comments that others made but you weren't ' they were civily disscuing the tour and you came in hating for no reason. Michael was not once being put down period.

Mjstorm, just remove yourself from the thread. Simple as that. And I'm reporting your signature.

*sigh* even though I stopped listening to Janet's music after her post-25/6 interviews...I still have to say.. Janet looks gorgeous in my opinion.

Ginvid,

YOur way of thinking is why I really can't stand this section of the board. If you don't like Janet or any Jackson.... fine. BUT it isn't your job to go into every thread to talk about something she said in an interview 2 YEARS AGO!!!! (or something YOU THINK another Jackson said or did 20+ years ago) It's old and tired, I think we know everybodys opinion on the subject matter.

BUT EVERY topic doesn't have to turn into the same ol same ol that has been brought up in every thread. Just let it go cause its not like you are changing opinions... The people who like Janet still like her and the same people who bash her do the same in every SINGLE thread. Doesn't it get tiring talking about someone you don't like?!?!?!? Cause People I don't like I Don't give the time of day...

I just think this section of the board should be closed because the conversation here usually defeats the purpose of having this section and It's also a breeding ground for negativity.... just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Just a little bit of info:

A friend of mine saw her show in Dublin the night before. She performed in 2000-seat "room" (this couldn't have been a theatre)...and still the place wasn't sold out.

At this rate, she will need to stay on the road another 5 years to make the kind of money she was making at her peak in the '90s.

the good news is, she loved the show & had lots of fun.

Last edited:
^ She's not doing it for the money, though. Janet has enough wealth from her previous success. It's about the fans this time around. :)

Some people are just very childish, his/her new signature just proves that point.

Just a little bit on info:

A friend of mine saw her show in Dublin the night before. She performed in 2000-seat "room" (this couldn't have been a theatre)...and still the place wasn't sold out.

At this rate, she will need to stay on the road another 5 years to make the kind of money she was making at her peak in the '90s.

From what I heard from friends who were there it was full, with a lot of MJ fans might I add. But numbers aren't really important, as long as she puts on a great show, which she has been doing.

Dublinproud say your piece! you have the right to voice your own experience and should not be belittled for it. @moogisland....who says everybody has to like what you like?

Funny, you don't seem to care for anyone saying anything negative about Janet but you're all for doing the same to other artists? double standard much?

Point is I am giving critism where it is due. The whole world us aware of amy winehouses drunk vegaviour on stage and most of us are aware of britneys lacking efforts. That other dude was just being ignorantly judgemental...calling someone flabby is just an insult. And my post was not an opinion it was factual information, I was explaining the point of the tour. It is not meant to be a long elaborate show.
And I mention those other artists cause i was hoping people would be able to gain a perspective over what Janet gives us over others.

It's become so obvious who is deliberately hating. We should just ignore there comments.

Last edited:
Wow, I've left here, but now I see that all you keep talking about me. My message was to Ginvid, not for you. Very strange, because you say to ignore what I write, but continue with the - off topic - discussion.

Relax, I will not fail to speak the truth, but I'm not a hater. I have more important things to do than chase her.

What disgusts me is to see MJ 'fans' saying to forget what Janet did because this is getting old and tired.

Old?

A woman can be called as a witness in the trial of the murderer of MJ for what she said and the subject is old????

I'll stop there. Continue discussing the 'fantastic' tour of this woman and forget me. I do not want to break the rules here because of you.

PS: Memefan, thanks.

I would appreciate it if you guys just ignore such people talking in this thread, because I don't want people with a vendetta coming in here resulting in this thread being closed because of their childishness. That signature tells me all I need to know about him/her.

Last edited:
Ginvid,

I don't need to be reminded what place this is. You are on an MJ board, no doubt. But, his family is an extention of who he is, whether you like it or nor or whether you admit it or not. We never mind you guys speaking out against a family member when the thread calls for it. However, some of you just will not understand no matter how many times we repeat it, what is appropriate and what is not. A thread about Janet's tour is not an appropriate place to talk about what she has or has not said in the past about Michael. Some of you hate the family so much, that you go out of your way to find a thread about a family member just so can post the same things over and over again. Then you have the gall to say we don't let you speak ill of the family when you know good and well that this is not the case.

This is a huge board. Whenever a topic is discussed that I do not like, I simply refrain from entering that thread. There are many others for me to actually enjoy. It's a shame you who dislike the family so much cannot do the same. You know what this section of the board is about before you enter it.

Since you cannot seem to keep yourself under control when it comes to threads about the family, I know exactly how to act.

Thank you.

Just a little bit on info:

Awwww that's soooooooooooo bad... but at least she had fun

If it wasn't a sell out it was damn close! I was in the stalls and there were only a few seats not occupied.

After Janet's show in Dublin, Janet and her crew flew over to do another private concert in London for Prince Azim, who is a big Janet fan. Also dancer Jillian Myers has left for a while, but is coming back, until then Gil will be taking over the her parts :lol:

Janet Jackson - Royal Albert Hall (30/06/2011)

gig_reviews-304360117-1309524354.jpg

Seven years after that wardrobe malfunction, Janet Jackson is back on the road getting her hits out. And my, what hits they are!

London's Royal Albert Hall proved a suitably regal setting for the pop royalty's 'Number Ones: Up Close And Personal Tour', which serves up more than 22 of her global smashes.

After dedicating the 'Nasty' video to her London fans, Janet stormed onto the stage and straight into a medley of songs from her breakthrough album 'Control'.

The album's title track, alongside 'Pleasure Principle' and 'What Have You Done For Me Lately', have clearly stood the test of time and blended seamlessly into more recent single 'Feedback'.

The pace was non-stop as the youngest member of the Jackson clan launched into a further medley showcasing 'Rhythm Nation' hits 'Alright' and 'Miss You Much', with Janet recreating the latter song's iconic dance move from move more than 20 years on.

After such a relentless opening 25 minutes, it was time for a breather with a giant screen showing clips from some of Janet's TV and movie roles. Can you think of any other concert where you'd get to see a clip of classic '80s sitcom 'Diff'rent Strokes'? Thought not.

The 1814 era's standout ballad 'Come Back To Me' was the highlight of a ballad section that also included the frankly now bizarre 80's chastity anthem 'Let's Wait A While'.

After an interval it was time to up the tempo again with some of Janet's poppier moments including 'Doesn't Really Matter', 'Escapade' and 'All For You' turning the Albert Hall into one massive disco.

'When I Think Of You' and 'That's The Way Love Goes' got two of the loudest cheers of the evening, however, it was the appearance of Janet's brother Michael on the big screen for their duet 'Scream' that got the biggest reaction of the night.

Janet's performance alongside the music icon was a touching moment, as was her dedication of final song 'Together Again' to the late star.

Looking lean and sounding great, it was an evening that reminded fans of why Janet became a global superstar in the late 80s/early 90s, leading the way for the likes of Beyonce and Rihanna.

And while it wasn't the longest of shows, it packed a mighty punch that left no one feeling short-changed. We've missed her much.

Janet Jackson's 'Number Ones: Up Close And Personal' is at the Royal Albert Hall on Saturday 2 July and Sunday 3 July. For tickets visit the Royal Albert Hall website or call 0207 589 8212

Last edited:
Janet has made it onto both the charts for the worldwide most successful tours of the year taken from gross (no.45) and most successful North American tours by gross (no 22). However they seemed to have left out her performance at the reliant stadium, which should have had a significant increase, but still is very impressive, beating out the likes of Rihanna, Enrique Iglesias and Michael Buble in some fields. So whoever said this tour is not successful should take a look at this. However as Janet's numbers aren't 100% accurate it could be the same for others too.

http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/Charts2011/07181Ttop100NorthAmericanTours.pdf
http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/Charts2011/071811Top50WorldwideTours.pdf

Janet did a private show in the UK for a German bank company sometime in between her show in Dublin and her 2 shows in Monte Carlo, and was being payed £11,111 a minute!!!

A German bank that shed 300 British jobs at the height of the financial crisis has paid US singer Janet Jackson half a million pounds to entertain its wealthy clients for just 45 minutes.
Deutsche Bank, the world’s largest foreign exchange dealer, took over a five-star golfing hotel in Hertfordshire for 48 hours last week, closing it off to the public.
The banking giant spent close to £1.1million on accommodation, drinks and entertainment for 300 clients from the world of finance at The Grove golf and spa hotel at Chandler’s Cross, near Watford.
The bank’s wealthy guests were provided with champagne, spa treatments and unlimited rounds of golf.
Events reached a peak when the late Michael Jackson’s sister was chauffeured from the West End to perform for the audience of bankers and hedge fund managers.
Miss Jackson, 45, performed hits such as Control, Rock With You and The Best Things In Life Are Free during her brief set – which cost Deutsche Bank a staggering £11,111 a minute. A stage and huge marquee were put up for the star’s performance, at a cost of £150,000.
Guests were also treated to culinary creations by Michelin-starred TV chef Heston Blumenthal who was on hand to ‘meet and greet’ the financiers upon arrival on Wednesday evening.
The celebrity chef’s duties – for an undisclosed fee – also included organising a team of chefs to make hundreds of gin and tonic cocktail meringues, which were cooked in front of guests in liquid nitrogen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...anet-Jackson-11-000-minute.html#ixzz1RhW5z04z

I read in my local newspaper today that there is a possibilty that she is coming to melbourne! but im not sure if i will go

Yes I wouldn't be surprised if she adds Melbourn, Adelaine is the latest one I've heard to be rumoured, Sydney will definitely happen. I've haven't been impressed by the rumoured price though I must admit.

I don't know what Aussie dollars are to British pounds...so not sure if the rumoured figures are even that bad
But I doubt it's that expensive. They always exaggerate in papers.

Yes I wouldn't be surprised if she adds Melbourn, Adelaine is the latest one I've heard to be rumoured, Sydney will definitely happen. I've haven't been impressed by the rumoured price though I must admit.

Oh man I'm not trying to be mean but its Melbourne and Adelaide. Sorry I'm just so picking about spelling, haha!

Sydney is most definitely happening, that's true. It's been on the list for nominations for her 20 under 20 for months now.

Oh man I'm not trying to be mean but its Melbourne and Adelaide. Sorry I'm just so picking about spelling, haha!

Sydney is most definitely happening, that's true. It's been on the list for nominations for her 20 under 20 for months now.

I actually knew Melbourne had an e on the end, just missed it :p and google chrome didn't correct me haha, but I didn't know about Adelaide, actually I just copied and pasted it from a Janet forum so blame them :lol:.

Last edited:

What are the ticket price's for it?

Back