Janet's Own Tribute to Her Big Brother Vibe, April 2008

I am just confused by the whole thing. I can't express that? I thought I was in a discussion board and I have a life but I can't say the same about obsess Janet fans who have a issue with my posts on Janet. Anyway, there are too many Janet threads on this side of the forum. Why can it be one thread about her cd and one thread about other things concerning Janet? That way it would not be confusing. Everytime I come here there is a new Janet thread. There are other Jacksons to discuss about. Over at Prince.org, they have an entire thread of the Janet cd and all the reviews, links, clips, magazine covers, interviews etc. of Janet promoting her latest work. Maybe something similar can be done over here. I hope mello1 or someone sees this idea.
Isn't that the truth. This is an MJ fan board but the moment you say anything about Janet you get eaten alive, as if you must love her because she is MJ's sister. Not right at all.

I am just confused by the whole thing. I can't express that? I thought I was in a discussion board and I have a life but I can't say the same about obsess Janet fans who have a issue with my posts on Janet. Anyway, there are too many Janet threads on this side of the forum. Why can it be one thread about her cd and one thread about other things concerning Janet? That way it would not be confusing. Everytime I come here there is a new Janet thread. There are other Jacksons to discuss about. Over at Prince.org, they have an entire thread of the Janet cd and all the reviews, links, clips, magazine covers, interviews etc. of Janet promoting her latest work. Maybe something similar can be done over here. I hope mello1 or someone sees this idea.

Although I have disagreed with certain MJ fans and their constant attack's on Janet, I do have to say that the Janet fans on this board need to calm down and realize that this is NOT the Janet Jackson fan site. If Michael gets criticized here,then what makes anyone think Janet is above this? It's really becoming annoying, no one can even make the slightest criticism or joke about Janet without them jumping all over you. It's like "Damn calm down already" :rolleyes:.

I do agree about just having one thread about Janet's new album though. I think that's a good idea.

Last edited:
now is that really 'mike?'

looks just more like a regular old, dapper-dressed man to me.

i know it says "off the wall" on the cover but mike's not known for wearing ties... now if janet broke out with some buckles, an sleeve band and some dang knee pads, then yeah... she dressin like mike :)

well shes not wearing the exact 'off the wall' outfit and i have to wonder if its simply only saying 'off the wall ' being thats his sister..and theres nothing michael inside. but who knows.

but michael does wear ties and suits and those fedoras. its not only buckles.

I don't see what the purpose of having one thread. There are other Jacksons but how many of you are actually interested in talking about them? What are they doing? lol. The forum would be EMPTY if there was just one Janet thread LOL.

If Michael gets criticized here,then what makes anyone think Janet is above this?

Michael never gets criticized here, lol.

Its ok..us MJ fans are a very tolerant bunch..we'll let these 2756943502865 million janet threads pass up..I mean JJ is Mike's baby sis and all that so we excuse you Janet fans..!!! and er...yes, MJ DOES get criticised here..for a number of things..like his collaborations, career decisions etc etc.

Actually this thread is really not about that discussion. I simply cannot understand why we cannot just deal with the subject at hand without deviation.

Also, as I stated before, Janet is not just some random singer. She is Michael's sister and as part of HIS family, there are some lines not to be crossed.

Now peeps don't have to like her music, her look, her image, her voice or her period. And how would we limit threads on Janet? What for? This is the family forum and it is logical that Janet has a number of threads in that she, outside of her brother and other members of her family, is the most active and most visible of all Jackson family members and the woman has a CD dropping next week. I would expect as much talk if MJ's other siblings were as equally visible or active on the scene.

A suggestion here is this: if Janet bothers you (and this is not just directed at Bee, so I want to make that very clear) so much, simply ignore these threads! It's simple, really.

Last edited:
Now peeps don't have to like her music, her look, her image, her voice or her period.

I know what you meant here, but in light of Janet's "Feedback" lyrics. "....Somethin' heavy like a first day period..." Well.... :lol:

I'm sorry...:ph34r::unsure:-_-

:lol:

Janet wouldn't even say it was mj wjo she was trying to convince to do the tour (although yes, we know it was him)!!!!! I just dont understand how she doesnt even want to mention him, but she'll do all this??? She should just make up her mind.

IDK, she is just confusing me :(

whatev, i hope her cd sells well!!!!

Last edited:
I bought Janet's new album the other day and personally, I am disappointed with it. IMO I think her last good album was the Velvet Rope.

WHAT AN AMAZING PICTURE THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She and Michael look so much a like!!! They always have!!!

Actually this thread is really not about that discussion. I simply cannot understand why we cannot just deal with the subject at hand without deviation.

Also, as I stated before, Janet is not just some random singer. She is Michael's sister and as part of HIS family, there are some lines not to be crossed.

Now peeps don't have to like her music, her look, her image, her voice or her period. And how would we limit threads on Janet? What for? This is the family forum and it is logical that Janet has a number of threads in that she, outside of her brother and other members of her family, is the most active and most visible of all Jackson family members and the woman has a CD dropping next week. I would expect as much talk if MJ's other siblings were as equally visible or active on the scene.

A suggestion here is this: if Janet bothers you (and this is not just directed at Bee, so I want to make that very clear) so much, simply ignore these threads! It's simple, really.

it's not simple to ignore a thread. they're put out there on a public discussion board. i don't know why people keep thinking that ignoring a thread is simple.

and yes..MJ is subject to criticism, so, so should Janet be. and our bellyaching over it isn't going to stop the criticism from coming.

by the way....i like the off the wall vibe cover. thanks for givin props, Janet!:punk:

Last edited:
ignoring a thread is very simple - if you don't care for the subject or the content, then (exit and) don't enter it (again). i do it 50% of the time lol

Last edited:
ignoring a thread is very simple - if you don't care for the subject or the content, then (exit and) don't enter it (again). i do it 50% of the time lol

apparently not simple. you said 'exit' first. lol

i don't have to mention it, but i will anyway. we all know that a thread can have a tittillating title, even if we hate the subject matter. the various arguments on this forum prove that it's not easy to stay away from a thread, even if we hate it.

on second thought, maybe you were being sarcastic, after i have taken a second look at your post, lol. sry about that. i didn't see the '50%' part. lol

Last edited:
that was with respect to the content bit - you'd have to be in the thread first to not like the content, right? hence the brackets LOL

and again, if you're genuinely not interested in the subject matter and have no agenda of any kind then i can't see the difficulty in ignoring it and avoid participating in an unnecessary argument.

edit: i wasn't being sarcastic. 50% means half the time there tends to be a subject on here i don't care for and i ignore.

Last edited:
that was with respect to the content bit - you'd have to be in the thread first to not like the content, right? hence the brackets LOL

and again, if you're genuinely not interested in the subject matter and have no agenda of any kind then i can't see the difficulty in ignoring it and avoid participating in an unnecessary argument.

edit: i wasn't being sarcastic. 50% means half the time there tends to be a subject on here i don't care for and i ignore.
hmm..well..though i don't know if i totally understand your post, here, and i have yet to see anyone as objective as you appear to say people can be, but...
oh well...i guess we have to agree to disagree then.:)

there are a lot of people on both sides of the issue...

Last edited:
you're right, no one's ever that objective (including myself) but i stick to the easiness of ignoring threads so agree to disagree we shall do
peace.gif

What is the point in having a discusssion about a topic if everyone is going to agree on it. Why not have people with a different point of view to join in a discussion. Discussions would be boring otherwise. Furthermore, why cant one have a healthy discussion about Janet? People do it all the time about Michael Why is Janet being protected on the MJ fanboard? Maybe MJ fans would like to join in a Janet discussion, whether they like her or not. Just like we do with Latoya or rebbie or Jermaine. Why is Janet protected, or is it just Janet fans who are protecting her from any criticisms. If she is an artist like the others she should be subjected to the same criticsm like other artists.

Last edited:
What is the point in having a discusssion about a topic if everyone is going to agree on it.
that's not at all what i said or hinted at. it was in agreement with mello's post

mello1 said:

in that people who obviously have problems with an artist, go into threads of which the original topic is of no interest to them, just to discuss "other" aspects of that artist for the sake of negativity. either ignore these threads, or start your own to be on topic.

Last edited:
that's not at all what i said or hinted at. it was in agreement with mello's post

in that people who obviously have problems with an artist, go into threads of which the original topic is of no interest to them, just to discuss "other" aspects of that artist for the sake of negativity. either ignore these threads, or start your own to be on topic.
I agree with that. If the subject is about a specific area it should not be spoilt with negativity. However there was a thread encouraging non-fans to buy the album, and non fans responded and was criticised and that, to me was wrong.

I agree with that. If the subject is about a specific area it should not be spoilt with negativity. However there was a thread encouraging non-fans to buy the album, and non fans responded and was criticised and that, to me was wrong.

i agree with that.

there aren't any threads on Michael devoid of criticism of Michael.
there aren't going to be any Janet threads devoid of criticism of Janet.
as long as no one is out to personally stick it to Janet, freedom of speech rules.

on the same token, if someone personally sticks it to Michael on this MJ forum, i'll be the first to point it out, and make the comparison in a Janet thread, just to be irritating to anyone who reveals a double standard.

i just hope that i can make a thread where i can say 'no Michael bashing, or else, get out of my thread,' the way it's ok to say that about all other artists. i am amazed at the amount of artists who are showcased in threads, where the starter of the thread is allowed to say 'stay out of my thread, if there is any negativity' but if someone says that about a Michael thread, they get the beatdown. i'm just tired of that.

the point i'm trying to make here in my long winded way is..

who has the right to say 'stay out of my thread' on a public forum, just because someone posts something that the thread starter doesn't like?(only with the exception of blatantly breaking forum rules) no one should have that right. if they wanna do the dictator thing, there should be pm's for that.

Last edited:
i agree with that.

there aren't any threads on Michael devoid of negativity.
there aren't going to be any Janet threads devoid of negativity.
as long as no one is out to personally stick it to Janet, freedom of speech rules.

on the same token, if someone personally sticks it to Michael on this MJ forum, i'll be the first to point it out, and make the comparison in a Janet thread, just to be irritating to anyone who reveals a double standard.

i just hope that i can make a thread where i can say 'no Michael bashing, or else, get out of my thread,' the way it's ok to say that about all other artists. i am amazed at the amount of artists who are showcased in threads, where the starter of the thread is allowed to say 'stay out of my thread, if there is any negativity' but if someone says that about a Michael thread, they get the beatdown. i'm just tired of that.
That is the truth. I have also noticed that some of MJ's feircest critics are Janets fiercest defenders. Most off the time they only fly in to defend Janet but if you visit other mj boards, as I do you will see some very nasty comments about MJ made by said people. One even went as far as saying that MJ is a disgrace to his family. Yet they will make a fuss if you say anything that is not praising Janet.

and pleaasseee don't give me the 'i'm pitting brother against sister' bull.

i'm saying this about MANY artists, in comparison to Michael.

i'm making artist comparisons in general on this subject.

funny thing is, most of the posts here have been praising Janet for the covers of this mag. when it only slightly went in the other direction, suddenly, in came the police.

That is the truth. I have also noticed that some of MJ's feircest critics are Janets fiercest defenders. Most off the time they only fly in to defend Janet but if you visit other mj boards, as I do you will see some very nasty comments about MJ made by said people. One even went as far as saying that MJ is a disgrace to his family. Yet they will make a fuss if you say anything that is not praising Janet.

yes...i've seen the same thing. i believe it. i agree. let's see....what is it we are called when we come to Michael's defense in the way these people are coming to Janet's defense? we're called deviators. or...what else is it? let's see if i can remember.....hmmm...oh yeah....what is the most popular thing to call us when we come to MJ's defense the way these people come to these other artists' defense? .....let's see if my memory serves me correctly..uhm...oh yeah....we're called...'oversensitive'(oversensitive, fanboyism, godworshipping...same thing). now if we come at them the way they come at us, we are put on blast and told to not even come to the thread, before we even have a chance to say THEY are deviating..or that THEY are....oversensitive(fanboyism/girlism godworshipping....same thing).

and, remember....if your rebuttal is that we are more extreme than you are, when it comes to defending said respective artist....like i said..it's we not you, who have not had the chance to say, and have not said: 'get out of my thread, altogether', on these Michael Jackson boards.(and) or..you are so extraordinarily defensive, we feel the need to leave the thread before it gets closed.

Last edited:
i agree with that.

there aren't any threads on Michael devoid of criticism of Michael.
there aren't going to be any Janet threads devoid of criticism of Janet.

the point i'm trying to make here in my long winded way is..

who has the right to say 'stay out of my thread' on a public forum, just because someone posts something that the thread starter doesn't like?(only with the exception of blatantly breaking forum rules) no one should have that right. if they wanna do the dictator thing, there should be pm's for that.

I agree. That's basically what I was saying in another thread and got reprimanded for it of course :rolleyes:, but yeah I just don't see why some people on here think Janet is above criticism when MJ isn't and this is his board! I just think some Janet fans need to understand that most of us are not on this site because we are bonded by our love for Janet Jackson, we are here for Michael and like I said even he gets critcized on here often, so why should Janet be above critcism of any sort?

The thing is if Janet fans want to go somewhere where no one insults Janet, go over to JJ.com but that's not what this site is for. Now being that she is Michael's sis, I do feel there is a line that shouldn't be crossed but as long as everyone is being respectful then I don't see the problem.

Back