Janet’s Rock Witchu Tour [All threads merged]

Janet plans for world tour, & 2 film tour in Brazil

Acording to Darren @ Janet-Fan.com (who attened the NJ and met Gil)

Gil Duldulao, Janet’s choreographer and close friend, told Janet Love last night that there are hopes to take the Rock Witchu Tour worldwide. As of now the plan is for the tour to visit Australia first before heading to Japan and then Hawaii and possibly Europe around March 2009.

There are also hopes for the tour to visit Brazil where the show will be filmed for television and DVD.

*Janet come to Europe, pleaseeeee!!!!!!

Hopes? Girl needs to get her sexy ass over here now! lol

Re: Janet plans for world tour, & 2 film tour in Brazil

Acording to Darren @ Janet-Fan.com (who attened the NJ and met Gil)

Gil Duldulao, Janet’s choreographer and close friend, told Janet Love last night that there are hopes to take the Rock Witchu Tour worldwide. As of now the plan is for the tour to visit Australia first before heading to Japan and then Hawaii and possibly Europe around March 2009.

There are also hopes for the tour to visit Brazil where the show will be filmed for television and DVD.

*Janet come to Europe, pleaseeeee!!!!!!

I must not get too excited I must not get too excited I must not get too excited... but Janet pleeeeeeeeeeeaaasee! ?

I'm seeing her at Madison Square Garden Novemeber 1st, which will be my first time seeing Janet, so i'm excited. I've been hearing good reviews so far too so definitely looking forward to seeing her live.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/

LL Cool J Quits As Janet Jackson’s Opening Act

October 27, 2008

LOS ANGELES, Calif.

In another setback on her “Rock Witchu” tour, Janet Jackson has lost her opening act: LL Cool J.

The rapper’s publicity firm announced Monday that he has dropped out as the headliner for Jackson because of unnamed scheduling conflicts. It’s the latest problem on Jackson’s tour, her first North American outing in seven years.

Re: Janet’s Rock Witchu Tour [All threads merged]

http://www.accesshollywood.com/

LL Cool J Quits As Janet Jackson’s Opening Act

October 27, 2008

LOS ANGELES, Calif.

In another setback on her “Rock Witchu” tour, Janet Jackson has lost her opening act: LL Cool J.

The rapper’s publicity firm announced Monday that he has dropped out as the headliner for Jackson because of unnamed scheduling conflicts. It’s the latest problem on Jackson’s tour, her first North American outing in seven years.

Oh. :mellow:
So who is the new opening act?

Pics from Dallas!!!

040_40.jpg

039_39.jpg

038_38.jpg

037_37.jpg

036_36.jpg

035_35.jpg

034_34.jpg

033_33.jpg

http://perezhilton.com/2008-10-30-forget-rescheduling-janet-cancels

Forget Rescheduling, Janet Cancels!

Poor Janet Jackson.

It seems the bad ticket sales are really affecting her.

Now Ms. Jackson has cancelled yet ANOTHER concert.

Janet was supposed to have a concert in Connecticut back on October 11th, but it was then postponed because of her "vertigo".

However, now it seems the postponed concert is being turned into the cancelled concert.

A release has just been issued by the Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut. It says:

Janet Jackson Performance at Mohegan Sun Has Been Cancelled

Mohegan Sun regrets to announce that the concert featuring Janet Jackson has been officially cancelled. There will not be a rescheduled date.

All those who purchased tickets for the Janet Jackson show at The Mohegan Sun Box Office or at a Ticketmaster outlet should return to the point of purchase for refunds. Those who purchased tickets at ticketmaster.com or via phone will be refunded automatically.

For more information on other great events at Mohegan Sun, visit mohegansun.com. For information on this week’s schedule, call the Entertainment and Special Events hotline.

No official excuse has been given for the cancellation.

No word on whether or not the other shows that were postponed will go ahead as planned or cancelled as well.

Posted: October 30, 2008 at 7:07 pm

No wonder, the media do not mention her tour at all, no radio/tv support, NOTHING. They ignore her completely. Boy, it ain't easy to be a Jackson. My hopes for seing her ever in Europe fade away...

why is she not selling well ? shes one of the greatest. a true legend and icon. i dont get it.

It's one of these things you can't grasp. Maybe it's the wardrobe malfunction. That started a whole negative vibe around Janet. Maybe it's just the wrong musical choices. Maybe it's bad promotion. Perhaps the family name. Maybe the cancellations didn't help. Maybe a bit of this all.

Thanks for posting the pics Darvon. Nice pics Dexter! :D

who says its poor sales that caused the show not to be rescheduled? if the sales were that poor it would have been pulled before she got ill.

^ fans assume the reason is poor sales because ppl buy concert tickets until the last minute so janets team waited till now to see how many tickets would be sold. they couldnt cancel those shows a month ago coz that'd be too early and many tickets coulda been sold in october.

I had no idea she was even touring!! :mello: It's nice to see that her new hair do makes her look like a transvestite with bad eye liner though :)

Hmm, that sucks for Janet. Her career seems to be dead in the water. It's a combination of things I think. Age, minimal talent (in my opinion, so no one gets mad), having to compete with acts almost 20 years younger who offer the same or a similar thing, bad career moves, the superbowle, etc... I feel bad for her though.

fans assume the reason is poor sales because ppl buy concert tickets until the last minute so janets team waited till now to see how many tickets would be sold. they couldnt cancel those shows a month ago coz that'd be too early and many tickets coulda been sold in october.
yeah but wasnt one of the shows that was canncelled one that had been postponed from when she was ill? so i mean that 99% of sales would have been done b4 the show was cancelled because joe bloggs was expecting to see janet on a certain date. not to see her 1 or 2 months later.so if sales were that bad you would have thought it would have been cancelled before it was orignally postponed because you wouldnt expect to sell many if any at all tickets inbetween the cancelled and re-arranged date that has now been pulled altogether. if that makes sese LOL.

Hmm, that sucks for Janet. Her career seems to be dead in the water. It's a combination of things I think. Age, minimal talent (in my opinion, so no one gets mad), having to compete with acts almost 20 years younger who offer the same or a similar thing, bad career moves, the superbowle, etc... I feel bad for her though.

i think one of janets probs is the amount of female stars on the scene. for many years there wasnt really any bar janet mariah madonna and dion. they were the big ones and there were others but they werent what i would call mainstream. now theres loads such as rihanna etc that as you said are younger and having the sucessful songs given to them that janet had 10-15 years ago. and because she doesnt have a big solid fan base ppl have moved on to other artists which is obviously gonna effect her.then when you add on her lack of decent material and label issues she is gonna struggle until she can record songs like she used to and have the backing of a label behind her

Back