JERMAINE JACKSON I'm CHANGING My Last Name..............

MJnVA

Proud Member
TMZ reports......

Jermaine Jackson has filed a request to legally CHANGE his last name ... trading out "Jackson" for "Jacksun" ... TMZ has learned.

Jermaine filed a petition for a change of name with L.A. County Superior Court yesterday asking for the change in nomenclature.

In the docs, Jermaine says he wants to make the change for "artistic reasons" ... but he does not give any further details about the move.

The request has NOT yet been approved by a judge -- but a hearing has been scheduled.

Barring any crazy legal situations, Jermaine will be required to have his name change announced publicly several times in the next couple of months before it can be made official. A public announcement consists of having the name printed in a local publication ... just like Ron Artest had to do when he changed his name to Metta World Peace.

We reached out to Jermaine ... so far, no response.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/07/jermaine-jackson-name-change-jacksun/#ixzz2BamyaFpC

OK?? Whatever!!

bahahahaha

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Oh dear. Sometimes I wish I had someone with me at the computer so we could laugh together. What a nutcake!!!!! I guess when you realize that you can't get anymore money off your name due to its connection to Michael, you create a crazy name to get some notoriety. I am going to change my name to Petran--you know like a "pet ran." That would make my name more artistic. Then i could make logos of different pets running, like dogs, cats, rabbits.

NEWS/Jermaine Jackson Petitions to Change His Last Name to Something a Little Brighter
by Bruna Nessif and Holly Passalaqua Today 7:47 PM PST

Why would Jermaine Jackson ever want to get rid of his famous surname? He wouldn't.

Michael Jackson's older brother filed a name change petition on Tuesday in Los Angeles, E! News confirms, but he's not exactly changing his last name—just giving the spelling a little spin.

Say hello to Jermaine Jacksun.

A spokesperson for Jermaine confirms that he has filed a name change petition for artistic reasons, and explains that "his actual name has not changed. It's just the spelling, one letter. It is a personal choice of Jermaine's and it's not a big deal."

They add, "Phonetically, it changes nothing. It is something he has chosen to do, and it's fair to say that you cannot blame this one on the boogie, you've got to blame it on the sunshine."

Jermaine is currently touring in Belgium.

http://www.eonline.com/news/361271/...-his-last-name-to-something-a-little-brighter

I guess Jermaine is trying to avoid paying his child support payments.
The court authorities will be looking for Jermaine Jackson, not "Jermaine Jacksun". :hysterical:

^^ CherubimII, I thought about that too. I think it's obvious to anyone that "artistic reasons" have nothing to do with it. He has to find a way to be in the spotlight, at any cost. This will never end. I feel sorry for MJ, how hard it must have been to live with the envy of his own family. :(

First I thought if this was a way for him to distance himself from the family but then I remember who we're talkin about. Interesting move since he's always talking about the Jackson name and its legacy.

Vici;3734611 said:
First I thought if this was a way for him to distance himself from the family but then I remember who we're talkin about. Interesting move since he's always talking about the Jackson name and its legacy.

Well, following our news on tv "één", Jermaine is not going to join the brothers for the concert in Antwerp...

edit : probably an error on the flemish television (één, de redactie. be) website: Jermaine did join his brothers. Probably on the website they were confused...

Last edited:
Silly. This man is almost 60 years old and has more than a half a dozen children, but he doesn't want their last name anymore. Changing his last name will not cancel any of his legal and financial obligations (ask Prince-The Artist Formally Known As).

For artistic reasons....wait where is the artist???
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
"Half of me you'll never be so you should feel threatened by me"

The Jackson name is Jermaine's only claim to the fame he so desperately wants and now he's gonna change his name? What a complete and utter fool.

All sounds a bit sixties with flower power etc but whatever floats your boat I guess!

Poor Jermaine, homeboy just wants to be REALLY, REALLY famous, as a musical artist, NOT a Mommy-Naper. LOL!

I actually feel bad for the dude, he just wants to be famous, like his little brother Michael. In my opinion, this is just a quest for some attention, but in the long run it will end up meaning nothing.

He'll probably get a little ink regarding this name-change story, but the bottomline is, nobody is really interested in Jermaine, whether he spells his last name with the old -son, or the new -sun.

I don't see folks running out to buy his music, or purchase tickets to his shows, because he is spelling his name differently.

Spelling last name differently = Pointless.

So he is not proud of being Jackson. :smilerolleyes:
Anyway I don't care about Jermaine whatever he does with his name.

He got what he wants - name in the news for something other than being Michael's brother. Meh...

I love it when they do stuff like this, once again proving that Michael was the most sane and humble of the bunch :)

o lawd.
That's almost as bad as naming your kids Jafar and Jermajesty.

Back