Jury Deliberations - Discussion thread as we wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they're going to give us some lead time between when they announce that they have a verdict and then when the actual verdict is read in court? And are the various streams we have gonna carry the verdict?

Also, I heard yesterday from HLN that this is it. No more trials if Murray's found not guilty. The state cannot try him again. That's really depressing me.

The Judge said he would announce when a verdict has been reached and give a 2 hour
delay so others can reach the court before verdict is announced to the world

So when he is found guilty (positive thoughts, positive thoughts), do they put him in handcuffs or does his lawyer jump up and ask for him to be released on bail? Just as others have said it would be soooo satisfying to see him actually looking like a criminal.

I was looking at a crime forum which was following the trial and most there believe murray will be found guilty, but there are one or two who think the defense might have planted the seed of reasonable doubt pointing out some discrepancies from some witnesses like alvarez and his "we pulled Michael on the floor" (clearly refuted by the emts) and him saying there was milky white substance in the IV bag (clearly not) and with the 'he did it himself'. I wish Walgren could have resolved those questions.
I suppose there will be those out there who were not convinced by the prosecution case but I don't see what more they could have done to show his guilt unless build a time machine and go back and watch him.
So time to wait...:bored2:

Yes two hrs unless the verdict is decided within two hrs of the court ending for the day.if that happens they wont wait until the nxt day to read it so it will be less than two hrs

Fingers crossed!
I think the verdict will come quite quickly and if it does that will point toward it being "guilty" (IMO). The longer the deliberations continue then I think it's more 50/50. I'm sure the prosecution have done more than enough to secure the verdict we want. The instructions included that even if the jury believed MJ contributed toward his own death then the jury could convict Murray if they believed his actions were a contributory factor (I can't be bothered to check the exact wording but it's something like that). To me that instruction alone guarantees a guilty verdict and destroys Murray's defence but that's just my opinion. We should get some warning before the announcement is made and I'm sure the verdict will be televised so we just need to check the news feeds for the heads up. I hope they don't announce it too late that I'm in bed when it comes and that they don't deliberate until Monday!

The emts go their testimony wrong. in their reports made on the day they said they found mj on the floor. those reports are in evidence although walgren should have brought that up in direct.

and if they would have a verdict in 30 mins, would the stream start then shwoing the judge saying we have a verdict? (and then 2 hours waiting again)
im just getting confused a bit about how we will get to know that there is a verdict...

If verdict was reached say 4pm in LA will the judge extend the day by an hour?

The courts media ppl will anounce to the media a verdict had been reached. they will tell the media what time it will be read and the media then tell us

Am I right in thinking that it will be public knowledge if the jurors have any questions or ask to see evidence?

hypothetical question, if the jury reach their verdict today, and and he's taken away in handcuffs is there any chance he might get bail until the actual sentencing by the judge on monday?

I don't want his stay to be a LiLo type of stay in jail, I don't want him to be out in 20 mins.

The Jackson family is NOT inside the courtroom this morning ... as they have been for most of the Conrad Murray manslaughter trial ... but sources tell TMZ -- they WILL be when the verdict is read.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ ... the family is expected to get a 2-hour heads up when the jury is ready to present their verdict to the judge ... at which point, Katherine, Jermaine, La Toya and the rest of the crew will head on down to the courthouse.

The jury has already begun deliberating -- and they could return a verdict at any moment.

Stay tuned.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/04/jackson-family-on-standby-conrad-murray-trial-verdict/#.TrQRC7JrP0s

you think MJ's kids will be there to hear the verdict? I could see Paris insisting on that....

Cinzia. the i.v bag that had no dip in it. was that the bag with the bottle in it or was it the saline bag that was left hanging

According to reports I've read,the jurors will signal with a buzzer if they have a question or have reached a verdict.Once a verdict is reached,there will be a 2 hour delay before it's announced in the courtroom,but I'm not sure if that will be shown live.

~ I haven't posted much during the trial,but I've been here every day and I'm here now,so nervous and so grateful for having you all :group:
I'm so hoping for a guilty verdict and I believe in it.The Prosecution did an amazing job and the instructions don't leave much room for confusion imo,so I have faith.
DkM3O.png

I assume that they will have formalities to sort out before they start deliberating.

Do we know if they do a vote straight off to establish if they have anything to discuss?

TMZ has a "Jury deliberation clock" on their site.. it shows the Jury have been deliberating for 1 hour and 10 minutes so far...

Oops! Just seen your post elusive, apologies for duplicate!

Do we know if they do a vote straight off to establish if they have anything to discuss?

I dont know if this is like something all jurors in a trial do, but the jury in the 2005 trial voted at the beginning to see what everyone thought and then they went through each charge do discuss....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back