Jury Deliberations - Discussion thread as we wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but i have the feeling there won't be any verdict today. Either way it goes, i don't think the people in the jury want to expose themselves to the danger of being accused of arriving at a hasty decision, especially if it is a 'guilty'. That might leave plenty of room and grounds for an appeal...but then again, what do i know? The legal head in the family is dad, not me.

I'm just nervous that i'm not feeling nervous. I can't imagine anyone listening to the case who will not find murray substantially responsible for mj's death. Anyway, positive thoughts to everyone.

Interesting that 7 out of 12 jurors have been on juries before - one had been on 5 - must be alot of jury trials in LA. Might make jury deliberations run more smoothly.

Man this waiting is awful. I'm getting a sense of what it was like for you guys during the 2005 verdict watch. I hate myself for not being more involved in following that trial.

I get more angry every time I think of chernoff saying yesterday that if it weren't for Michael Jackson we would not be here (in court) today. No, had murray done what all of those medical experts testified to saying they have done or would do - refuse to administer propofol in any home - none of this would have happened. He is the only Dr. who would agree to such a thing & has actually done it so it's all on him that mj is where he is today.

I've officially set up camp in this thread! I'm going no where till the verdict!

Seriously though, I feel sick waiting for this.

I just read on another forum that a TV commentator outside the courtroom said jury instructions require the foreman to go over all the definitions and terminology,so if this is true,I guess there are some formalities that take time too.

Any questions that the jury ask when discussing the case.

And another anger inducing moment from chernoff yesterday was taking steinbergs baby on the counter analogy and twisting it to suit his agenda. Murray is also a grown man able to make his own decisions too and he made bad decision after bad decision and he must take the consequenses like a man.

what do you mean which questions???

I'm curious about this one abc twitter mentioned :

abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial
From courtroom: jurors buzzed with a question during the break. We don't know yet why, but will let you know as soon as we find out.

It was right before the closing arguments,but I never found out what it was and I don't know if it was clarified afterwards,does anyone know?

it was said that, if there is a verdict today, it could be late. cause its california, cause its about celebrity. and i think there will be a verdict today, cause they also said noone of the jury want to come back on monday. noone of the jury wants to wait over the weekend for a verdict.

I've officially set up camp in this thread! I'm going no where till the verdict!

Seriously though, I feel sick waiting for this.

me too. it's just as bad as during the 05 trial.

yeah CNN reporter repeated it yesterday three times that it's highly unlikely a verdict won't be reached today.

it was said that, if there is a verdict today, it could be late. cause its california, cause its about celebrity. and i think there will be a verdict today, cause they also said noone of the jury want to come back on monday. noone of the jury wants to wait over the weekend for a verdict.

yes you`re right. i remember this, too.
god, hopefully they will come to a conclusion soon.

A part of me really wants to get the verdict today, but wouldn't you just love to have Murray grilled with uncertainty about his future for at least a week or so?

No cause that means us going through hell aswell.and the longer it goes on the more chance of him walking

me too. it's just as bad as during the 05 trial.

My feelings don't compare to the 05 trial. For that I was seriously a nervous wreck - much more than now. I remember going on a week holiday during the jury deliberations, going to the beach every day (this was before we had internet access on our phones) and came back to the hotel room every evening immediately putting the news on to see if they'd reached a verdict. I was so nervous all day because i would have had no idea if a decision was reached.

I got back to London before the verdict, and remember i was at my brothers house for dinner when i heard they'd reached their verdict - those 2+ hours between them making that announcement to the time the verdict was announced were 2 of the most nail biting moments of my life. Michael being marched off to prison was a nightmare I just dreaded.

Man this waiting is awful. I'm getting a sense of what it was like for you guys during the 2005 verdict watch. I hate myself for not being more involved in following that trial.

I get more angry every time I think of chernoff saying yesterday that if it weren't for Michael Jackson we would not be here (in court) today. No, had murray done what all of those medical experts testified to saying they have done or would do - refuse to administer propofol in any home - none of this would have happened. He is the only Dr. who would agree to such a thing & has actually done it so it's all on him that mj is where he is today.
i feel exactly the way you do

id rather have the jury deliberate this throughly and not rush just because they dont wanna come back on monday. wtf??
this is a duty, an important task...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back