Karom Is In The HOT SEAT

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

I think hazelnut.

Well, that can be fun indeed :agree:What kind of TV shows do you like then?

With the comic books? Do you mean Season 8 and 9 of Buffy?

I know, I agree that Angel was 'cancelled' somehow :eek: I'm watching the box now and the end of Season 4 is getting ridiculous, really! :blink:

What do you prefer? The Buffy series or the Angel Series?

What kind of TV shows do you like then?

I like a lot of shows, I can make a list. :lol: But this week I've been binge watching The Vampire Diaries and it's spin-off, The Originals. I'm sort of disappointed in myself because I said I would never watch this show. But I guess I just really missed Buffy and I can't exactly re-watch it because I've seen it 3 times in the past year and a half... :lol: So I found myself a substitute, as there are many characters that remind me of Buffy characters. And it wouldn't even be a bad show if it weren't for the leading lady who is whiny and annoying. :lol: Rant over.

With the comic books? Do you mean Season 8 and 9 of Buffy?

Yeah, although there are also Angel comics and a few Spike ones. And I think there is more than just season 8 and 9.

Definitely Buffy.

Oh yeah, season 4 of Angel was so awful I barely got through it. The only thing that kept me watching it is that I knew Spike would return in season 5. :lol:

karom;4072906 said:

Definitely Buffy.

Oh yeah, season 4 of Angel was so awful I barely got through it. The only thing that kept me watching it is that I knew Spike would return in season 5. :lol:

Oh cool, then I can't wait for Season 5 :lol:

Have I ever asked you WHY Spike? What makes you like/love the character of Spike?

Then some more questions :cheeky:

What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?

What sound do you love?

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?

If you knew you had to leave the world next week, what would you do differently?

Have I ever asked you WHY Spike? What makes you like/love the character of Spike?

Because Spike is awesome. :lol: I'm a sucker for a good anti-hero. And he's funny, he's insightful, he's brave, he's noble even, in his way. But he is damaged, which makes him interesting and that's one of the most important things I look for in a character. Ultimately though, he is a good man, better than Angel, better than Xander, better than any other man on that show, I daresay. Even when he has no soul.

What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?

I would say bus, because I hate buses, but I think I hate taxis more. I've never trusted them and I'm always uneasy in a cab. :lol:

What sound do you love?

The sound of music? :lol: The sounds that I love are all very specific and I can't say I like any one more than the others. The sound of pigeons in the morning when I wake up on a sunny spring day. It reminds me of childhood. The sound of water lapping softly against the boat while the sun caresses my skin (and it's a special sound, different because of the sun and you must close your eyes, I don't know why, but it's not the same otherwise). The sound of rain against the house while reading a good book by a yellow light, under a blanket and drinking hot chocolate or tea (and the light must be yellow, like firelight, although watching a movie is acceptable too, but otherwise it is not the same).

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?

22. That way I could legally drink everywhere. :lmao:

If you knew you had to leave the world next week, what would you do differently?

I wouldn't bother studying for the exams I have to take two weeks from now. :rofl:

I loved your description of Spike. Indeed, they are the most interesting characters the ones with damage cause they can 'blow up' in your face and you go WOW :D

I hope your exams went okay. :angel:

What knowledge did you need to 'cram' in to pass? :D

My exams went surprisingly well, thanks.

I had to cram literature. :lol: A bunch of boring details about writing style and stuff like that. And a bunch of commentaries for books I don't even like. :lol: I also had to cram a little Biology. Particularly, the endocrine, excretory, respiratory and reproductive systems, if you want me to be specific.:lol: I knew the rest of it, so it doesn't count as "cramming"

I'm watching Season 5 now of Angel and Thanks for the tip :clapping:

I agree, Spike 'saves' that season really with his witty talk and Angel is getting on my nerves :smilerolleyes:

On the 'cramming' stuff. :smilerolleyes: I mean, the stuff you need to learn hey and then you don't use that anymore in real life, hey!

Anymore exams coming up? :unsure:

Did you get to Angel and Spike's argument about cavemen and astronauts? I think I peed myself laughing. :lmao:

Oh, well, you never know when something might come in handy. For example I had an interview with a university on Monday and my Philosophy class (as well as Doctor House :lol:) came in very handy despite there being no apparent connection. :D

Of course. I have about 2 months left of school which means I always have exams coming up. :lol: I have about 4 more in April and early May and then another 5 in June.

Since your a fellow lover of Tolkein, do you have favourite book in the trilogy?
How about a character that's special to you or moment in the books?
I could go on and on with this, but don't worry I wont...:)

Since your a fellow lover of Tolkein, do you have favourite book in the trilogy?

I think my favorite in the trilogy is The Return of the King.

How about a character that's special to you or moment in the books?

Legolas has and always will be my first love. :lol: My hair is naturally blond and I used to always braid it like Legolas and I would jump over stuff and attempt all sorts of Legolas-esque acrobatics. I have injured myself many times trying to be Legolas. :lol: I also learned how to shoot a bow and arrow. And another thing I would do during the winter was try to walk on snow without sinking in. I failed, obviously, but I did become very adept at treading softly and noiselessly. :lol:

I have always been partial to the episode with Sam and Frodo in Mordor. And another sequence I love, and I was miffed that it was not included in the movies, is the Tom Bombadil one. I am still confused as to what and who exactly the little guy is. :lol: And if it is mentioned in Sillmarillion, don't tell me please. :D

Oh, please do go on. :)

You learned to shoot an arrow? That's great!! :clapping:You sound like my niece when the films came out. He was her husband.
Not sure who Bombadil is. I haven't ever come across anything that specifically says. I think Tolkein left it mysterious. Just that Tom had always been there even before the Ents.
Do you still shoot a bow? How many trips to the Doc did you have to make re: your aerobatics.

You learned to shoot an arrow?

?Yeah. I used to play with my cousin a lot and we had a sword and a bow and arrow and I always took the bow. :lol: I was always the archer in all of our games.

Do you still shoot a bow?

Yes. I recently bought a real one (until now I used home-made ones) and I love it. I wish I had more time to practice though.

How many trips to the Doc did you have to make re: your aerobatics

Surprisingly, none. :lol: I never injured myself that badly because I was actually pretty agile. But I was always bruised and scratched. :lol:

Did you get to Angel and Spike's argument about cavemen and astronauts? I think I peed myself laughing. :lmao:

Oh, well, you never know when something might come in handy. For example I had an interview with a university on Monday and my Philosophy class (as well as Doctor House :lol:) came in very handy despite there being no apparent connection. :D

Of course. I have about 2 months left of school which means I always have exams coming up. :lol: I have about 4 more in April and early May and then another 5 in June.

About Angel and Spike's argument? I haven't noticed it yet but what made me laugh was the episode when Spike turned 'corporal' :rofl: He walked into a door and Angel opened it cause he thought there was someone to see him. His face when he saw it was Spike :hysterical:

Awww, Well yeah... That are a LOOOOT of exams though but good they are so 'widespread'. Maybe, better to study and pass them. We had them ALL in just 14 days :blink: back in the 90's!

Well, that is cool if you got a 'headstart' on that :agree:

Just curious here :cheeky: What' you all need to study and pass?

Oh, the argument I'm talking about is in a later episode. It's very funny. I think it's towards the end of the season. But yeah, Spike is basically funny in all episodes. Remember the one where Lorne's powers went haywire and everyone started acting super weird and Gunn peed in Angel's chair and Spike was excited about it. :rofl:

Just curious here :cheeky: What' you all need to study and pass?

Well, I have 2 more Maths exams, 3 Romanian literature ones, 2 Biology, 1 Physics and 1 Technology of Information and Computers (at least that's how you would translate it :lol:)

Wow, that is a lot to study for hey! Well, good luck! :clap:

Okay, next silly question:

You see it's a Sunny day outside, what do you plan to do? Even secretly if you need to go to work or have other duties to attend to? :D

You see it's a Sunny day outside, what do you plan to do? Even secretly if you need to go to work or have other duties to attend to? :D

Hmm, ideally? I would go on a horse ride early in the morning, when it's not too hot yet. I would go to some lake or a river where I would spend the hotter part of the day letting the horse rest and resting myself in the shade. Maybe reading a book and having a snack or taking a nap in the grass or swim a little. And then in the afternoon, I would get back on the horse and head home and in the evening I would sit in the backyard drinking some tea and listening to the crickets and frogs and birds and then before going to bed, I would stare at the stars for a while. Perhaps I would take my friend with me on this trip so we can have some fun together. :D

:rofl: Unfortunately, that's not likely to happen as I don't own a horse. :lol:

That sounds like a wonderful idea. :agree:

Okay, you don't own a horse but the rest is plausible though. :D

What book would you bring with you?

Having fun as in?

Yes, the rest is doable. :D

What book? I suppose whatever I'd be reading at the time. Right now I am reading the final book in the Maze Runner series by James Dashner. Along with several others. :lol:

Having fun as in talking. Maybe we'd bring a board game or a deck of cards and play some music? I don't know. It's a lake and we're not 12 so I suppose we wouldn't play tag or start splashing each other or anything. :lol: But just hang out and have a good time. :yes:

Hey Karon,
Do u have a job
Day or night
What do u like doing in ur spare time
What time do u get up in the mornings
Out of theses Michael Jackson concert wit one do u like the best
Bad
Dangerous
History
30 Annivasry
This is it

Hey Leanne, thanks for the questions. :)

Do u have a job

Not at the moment. I'm a student. I do sometimes work during the summers.

Day or night

Both, I guess. I don't sleep much.

What do u like doing in ur spare time

I like reading or watching a movie or going for a walk or horse riding or swimming... or sleeping. :lol:

What time do u get up in the mornings

During schooldays, my alarm is set for 5:55, but I usually wake up around 5:30. During weekends and holidays, I wake up between 7:30 and 9. I can't sleep later than that if I wanted to. :sigh:

Out of theses Michael Jackson concert wit one do u like the best
Bad
Dangerous
History
30 Annivasry
This is it

I think Dangerous. Although, I love Bad almost as much. Still, Dangerous.

You work during Summer? What kind of job do you do then? :D

What is it about the Dangerous tour that makes it your fave one?

You work during Summer? What kind of job do you do then? :D

Not always. I usually help my mom. She works at a wedding dress firm and she does all the handwork on the dresses (like flowers or brooches or stuff like that). During the summer, since it's wedding season, there is always a ton of work to do and she brings some home and I help her with it. So I basically make flowers or work with beads or stuff like that. Also, I occasionally work as a translator. But that is not only during the summer, rather whenever I get some work.

What is it about the Dangerous tour that makes it your fave one?

Hmm good question. It's just so full of energy and creativity. Dangerous Tour Bucharest was also the first full concert I have watched. :D And I think it's also the fact that he was here, in my country around the time I was born. :rofl: I don't know, it's just very dear to me. Especially the concert in Bucharest. I think while watching that, Michael was the most real to me, like he wasn't just someone who existed somewhere at some point, but he was close somehow. I don't really know how to explain it. Anyway, Dangerous was undoubtedly an amazing tour from a performance point of view, but I think it's mostly because of this that it's my favorite.

What book? I suppose whatever I'd be reading at the time. Right now I am reading the final book in the Maze Runner series by James Dashner. Along with several others. :lol:

You read the Maze Runner series? :D .. How are the last two books? :shifty: .. I only read the two first books, and I was kind of put off by the second. :p

There are only three. And one prequel, which I am reading now. And also a short book called The Maze Runner Files. I haven't read it yet, but it contains emails and stuff like that between WICKED members, so I guess it gives more insight into the organisation. The most frustrating thing about the books is the Thomas only gets little bits of memory and I want to know more. :lol:

I really liked them. :yes: I'm assuming you were put off by the whole city of the crazies thing? :lol: The third book is definitely disturbing. At least as disturbing as the second one, if not more. But I wholeheartedly recommend it. Read only a chapter at a time, if you can't take more, but read it. :lol: The whole series is more disturbing than Divergent or The Hunger Games because of the nature of the Flare, but it's definitely worth reading.

There are only three. And one prequel, which I am reading now. And also a short book called The Maze Runner Files. I haven't read it yet, but it contains emails and stuff like that between WICKED members, so I guess it gives more insight into the organisation. The most frustrating thing about the books is the Thomas only gets little bits of memory and I want to know more. :lol:

I really liked them. :yes: I'm assuming you were put off by the whole city of the crazies thing? :lol: The third book is definitely disturbing. At least as disturbing as the second one, if not more. But I wholeheartedly recommend it. Read only a chapter at a time, if you can't take more, but read it. :lol: The whole series is more disturbing than Divergent or The Hunger Games because of the nature of the Flare, but it's definitely worth reading.

Oh, I see. Didn't know the other one was a prequel. :blush:

The second book just was weird... especially the ending... and yes, the crazy city thing too. :lol: I'd like to know how the story goes on, but I'm not sure if I can take it if it's even more disturbing than the third one. :scare:

Well, it is. :rofl: But in a different way, I would say. There aren't quite so many crazy people that want to eat their faces. :lol: But other things happen that are disturbing. I still say read it though. Read it slowly and only during the day. And listen to music while doing it. :rofl:

The prequel is creepy as hell. :bugeyed I had a hard time falling asleep last night. :rofl: It's messed up. But I think if you manage to reach the end of book 3, you will want to read this too. :lol:

Well, it is. :rofl: But in a different way, I would say. There aren't quite so many crazy people that want to eat their faces. :lol: But other things happen that are disturbing. I still say read it though. Read it slowly and only during the day. And listen to music while doing it. :rofl:

The prequel is creepy as hell. :bugeyed I had a hard time falling asleep last night. :rofl: It's messed up. But I think if you manage to reach the end of book 3, you will want to read this too. :lol:

Okay. :lmao: .. I will think about it. :shifty:

When even you can't fall asleep after reading it, who shall I read it?!?! :rofl:Then maybe I just don't read the third one, so I won't want to read the prequel too. :bugeyed :rofl:

You would be missing out. :no:

The prequel is from the point of view of someone who is not immune to the Flare and is slowly going crazy. Which is why it's creepier. :rofl: But it's also why it's that much better than the other three. :p I think it's my favorite of the series so far. You should read them. :D

Okay. :lol: ... For now I still have some books to read, so maybe I will get it when I'm finished with the others. :yes: .... I hope it will really be worth it. :bugeyed :D

Do you like creepy books? :p

Back