Karom Is In The HOT SEAT

That's unfair. :rofl:

Ummmmmmmm, I don't think I prefer either one over the other. If I had to give up watching one of them, it'd probably be Sherlock though. But not because I like it any less, just because it airs very irregularly and it would kill me to have to wait that long without at least having the comfort of Doctor Who. :lmao:

Hey Karom :D

How you doing?
Anything exciting happened in the last month?
Any 'resolutions' for the NEW year that is in 'full swing' now?

Side note: I'm 'defrosting' the HOTseat here :busted:

Hey Daz, thank you for dropping by.

How you doing?

I am alright, recovering from a cold.

Anything exciting happened in the last month?

Yes, I got accepted at the university I want to go to and I passed some important exams with pretty good grades.

Any 'resolutions' for the NEW year that is in 'full swing' now?

No, not really. I'm not really into the whole New Year resolution thing. Just because it's a new year is not a strong enough motivator for me. I need stronger motivation to change something in my life.

I can see that. I'll throw a few logs on the fire myself, to help out. :lol:

I've been reading through this thread and it's like a scrapbook. :lol: People should ask me the same questions again, because 90% of the answers have changed. :lol:

Where is your thread daz? I was looking for it, but I couldn't find it. :scratch:

I've been reading through this thread and it's like a scrapbook. :lol: People should ask me the same questions again, because 90% of the answers have changed. :lol:

Where is your thread daz? I was looking for it, but I couldn't find it. :scratch:

Yeah, how life can change your views hey!
Well, I searched for it today too :blush: It's still 'wandering' around in "What about us" :smilerolleyes:

So, what did change then? :D

Oh, I will look for it there then. :D I can move it here if you want. :)

Me, I think. Some of the first answers I gave seem so childish to me now. :lol: And then I can sort of see myself growing up through my answers. And perhaps in another 4 years, I'll say the same of my answers now. :lol: It's kind of cool, actually. I feel like some questions can show how much a person has changed if they are asked periodically. :yes:

Oh, I will look for it there then. :D I can move it here if you want. :)

Me, I think. Some of the first answers I gave seem so childish to me now. :lol: And then I can sort of see myself growing up through my answers. And perhaps in another 4 years, I'll say the same of my answers now. :lol: It's kind of cool, actually. I feel like some questions can show how much a person has changed if they are asked periodically. :yes:

Since, I couldn't sleep yet :blush: I decided to check out my HOTseat and it indeed 'reads' like a dairy. Some things have changed and some have remained ;)

I was browsing this page to ask you something witty :cheeky:

What exactly intrigues you in "Genetics" ? Is it the science? The wonder of it all? What does the word 'Genetics" mean to you?

Geek question, I know :D I should better hit the bed now :busted:

What exactly intrigues you in "Genetics" ? Is it the science? The wonder of it all? What does the word 'Genetics" mean to you?

I don't think it's only one thing. I was always fascinated by it. One of the reasons is that it's not something that is understood very well. It's like a puzzle that needs solving. :D There is so much more to be discovered about how genetic material works. So there's that. Then there's also the fact that it's basically the blueprint of life. Our genetic material contains every piece of information about us, we just don't know how to read it. I find it really awesome and ironic in a way because who we are and how we work is literally written in every single cell of our bodies and we spend a lifetime trying to understand it because we can't read what is written there. I guess these are some of the reasons I am drawn to the subject. I love puzzles and I love knowledge and it seems like Genetics balances the two nicely. :D

I still couldn't find your thread. :scratch: Can you give me a link to it?

Hi:hiya:
I only have some Michael related questions:laugh: Are you excited for the coming OTW documentary & what do you hope is in it(or left out of it)? Did you dream about Michael recently?

I will leave some questions for you. :shifty:

Did you read a book lately?
If yes, which one?

Asking me if I read a book lately is like asking me if I ate a noodle. :lol: I don't read "a book". Maybe a book a day. :lol: Anyway, yes, I have. This past week, I've been reading a series called The Mortal Instruments, which I've almost finished. Before that I re-read The Hunger Games and I started Reading Silmarillion. I'm also reading The Pilgrim's Progress and another series called Left Behind.

Did you lately see a good movie?

Yep. I've seen Mockingjay Part 1, which is the third movie in The Hunger Games series and I really recommend it. (the whole series, not just this one. :lol: also, reading the books first is even better :D) and I've also seen The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, which I really enjoyed. I think those are the only movies I have seen recently.

Are you excited for the coming OTW documentary & what do you hope is in it(or left out of it)?

Of course I am excited. :D As for what I hope to see... I don't know. But I don't want it to be commercial, if you know what I mean. I want it to show MJ as he was and his work as it was without trying to scandalize everything. But I find this is my general request for everything MJ related. :lol:

Did you dream about Michael recently?

?No, I have not dreamt of him in a while. Perhaps I will tonight because you reminded me of it. :lol:

See, what 'defrosting' brings, hey :blush:
I had forgotten you were also a bookworm :doh: and WOW, you do read a lot :D

One title spiked my attention though.

What is the series "left behind" about?
That sounds intriguing and I'm always looking out for new books :yes:

I do, I love reading. :D

Left Behind is a fiction series based on the book of Revelation in the Bible. I don't know if you've ever read Revelation, but it speaks of the end of the world when those who believe in Jesus will be taken from the earth and the Antichrist will be given 7 years of rule over the world. And the series follows the events that happen after this rapture to those who are 'left behind" on earth as they witness the events described by the book of Revelation in the Bible. It's an interesting series, even if it's fiction, it's an interesting interpretation of Revelation. :yes:

I do, I love reading. :D

Left Behind is a fiction series based on the book of Revelation in the Bible. I don't know if you've ever read Revelation, but it speaks of the end of the world when those who believe in Jesus will be taken from the earth and the Antichrist will be given 7 years of rule over the world. And the series follows the events that happen after this rapture to those who are 'left behind" on earth as they witness the events described by the book of Revelation in the Bible. It's an interesting series, even if it's fiction, it's an interesting interpretation of Revelation. :yes:

oh, I thought it had something to do with Zombies :smilerolleyes:
I'm :busted: here, I don't know that story :unsure:

Have you read any MJ related books that you really loved?
Apart from Science and Biology, is there another field that irks your interest?

:lol: Nah, I'm not a fan of zombies. :p

Have you read any MJ related books that you really loved?

Can't say that I have. Excluding the ones MJ wrote himself. :D

Apart from Science and Biology, is there another field that irks your interest?

I've always loved acting. So I'd like to do that sometime. There was a time when I wanted to study drama, but I decided against it. I also enjoy history and music and art. Oh and I do enjoy reading Philosophy from time to time. I'm basically interested in everything. :lol: I like knowing a little about everything.

:hiya:

How long have you been a "consulting detective?" And with whom do you consult? :winking2:

How long have you been a "consulting detective?" And with whom do you consult? :winking2:

:lol: It's a nod to Sherlock Holmes. I'm a fan (you may have also noticed my location). :D So the answer is, I am not a detective of any kind so I don't really consult with anyone.

Hey Karom :ciao:,

Any books on HIStory or Philosophy you can advise to read?

You have an 'all time fave' novel you can read again and again?

Okay :busted: looking for new stuff to read.

I can't say I have read any History books. I've read articles or watched documentaries or read up on particular periods of time. One of my favorites is WWII. There is so much that we still don't know about that war. It was a terrible terrible time, but somehow those are the times that make for the best stories. And for that I strongly recommend watching The Imitation Game.

As for Philosophy, I am a fan of Pascal. His Pensees is quite a delicious book to read, in my opinion. It is his works that I have read the most, but Aristotle seems an interesting chap too, I will have to read some of his works when I find the time. There is also this Romanian guy called Lucian Blaga. I like how he thinks as well, but I am not sure his works have been translated. :scratch:

Hmm, The Lord of the Rings is probably my all time favorite book. But there are other books I have read more than once. The Hunger Games series, The Harry Potter series. Alexandre Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my favorites too, I've read that a couple of times.The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. And another series that I've been meaning to re-read, but never quite got to it is Winnetou by Karl May.

You're always welcome to ask me for book recommendations. :D Just tell me the genre and I will produce something.

Last edited:

I can't say I have read any History books. I've read articles or watched documentaries or read up on particular periods of time. One of my favorites is WWII. There is so much that we still don't know about that war. It was a terrible terrible time, but somehow those are the times that make for the best stories. And for that I strongly recommend watching The Imitation Game.

As for Philosophy, I am a fan of Pascal. His Pensees is quite a delicious book to read, in my opinion. It is his works that I have read the most, but Aristotle seems an interesting chap too, I will have to read some of his works when I find the time. There is also this Romanian guy called Lucian Blaga. I like how he thinks as well, but I am not sure his works have been translated. :scratch:

Hmm, The Lord of the Rings is probably my all time favorite book. But there are other books I have read more than once. The Hunger Games series, The Harry Potter series. Alexandre Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my favorites too, I've read that a couple of times.The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. And another series that I've been meaning to re-read, but never quite got to it is Winnetou by Karl May.

You're always welcome to ask me for book recommendations. :D Just tell me the genre and I will produce something.

WOW thanks :clap: I think I need to give that "Hunger games" series a go. My 'real life' friend likes them too so ;)

Obviously, you have seen the movie of "The Chronicles of Narnia"?

I love that movie and I really should read the book too :blush:

So, if I say Thriller/ Horror/ Crime even Paranormal stuff? Which ones could you 'produce'? :D

Yes, The Hunger Games is a very good series. You should definitely read it.

I have seen all the Narnia films and read all 7 of the books. :D Twice. :lol: They're great, you should read them.

Hmmm, the Tunnels series by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams is a decent series. I'm not a very good judge because hardly anything scares me, but it's about this 14 year old boy who finds this creepy subterranean civilization that wants to rule the world. :lol: A very good horror/thriller is The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Lewis Stevenson or The Castle in the Carpathians by Jules Verne. I think this one was the only book I have read that has left me with an impression of "creepy" after finishing it.

If by "paranormal stuff" you mean UFOs and haunted houses and freak disappearances and stuff like that, I'm afraid I haven't read anything like that. But if you mean supernatural stuff with demons and angels and vampires and witches and all that, then I would recommend The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (which I have just finished reading) or The Wardstone Chronicles by Joseph Delaney.

As for crime stuff, I totally recommend the Sherlock Holmes books, of course. Also Agatha Christie's work is amazing. My favorite book of hers is And Then There Were None Just brilliant. You never guess who the killer is until the very end when it's revealed. It's a masterpiece. :D But all of her books are pretty awesome (I haven't read them all, but I like her style).

That's all I can think of right now.

WOW, that is what I call an impressive Book list :clapping:
Thanks, Karom :D

You said you love Horseback riding, How many times in a month do you go horseback riding?
Is the horse your 'own' or does he/she 'belong' to the stable?

Horses are really 'noble' animals, indeed! :wub:

Anytime. :)

Not nearly often enough, unfortunately. Horse-riding is both expensive and time consuming because the stables are quite far away from my house. So I don't really have time, only in the summer when I try to go once a week. And no, the horse is not mine. I wish, but I can't afford buying a horse, let alone taking care of one. Also, I would not have anywhere to keep it.

What's the story behind your username? Anything significant? (Will you have to kill me if you tell me?) :laugh:

What's the story behind your username? Anything significant? (Will you have to kill me if you tell me?)

Yes I will. :cheeky: I think I've explained this once or twice before. And I think the explanation has been different every time. :lmao: They're the first three letters of my name and the first three letters of my best friend's name put together. Although an alternate explanation (and this might have been my original intention) is that the M is for Michael.

?And now *draws gun* I must kill you. :western:

Hey Karom :ciao:

Anything fun planned this weekend?

Oh and are you NOW reading something exciting? :D

Anything fun planned this weekend?

Depends on your definition of fun. I'm going to stay at home and watch TV shows all day. :lol:

Oh and are you NOW reading something exciting? :D

Right now I'm reading Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Back