KJ vs AEG - Appeal Thread

I'm relieved and glad it's over so Michael doesn't have to go on trial again.
I might have a different opinion had some of those other claims gone to court-but not just this one. I hated this whole thing from beginning to end.

I am sorry that the fees will have to be paid by the estate and this also means that Michael's family won't a huge inheritance when Katherine dies, but you know, I think this is exactly the right decision. So glad it's over.

I am glad this is over too but you are right i feel sorry for the Estate too another bill to pay.

Her lawyers knew that from the beginning. they just bullshitted her and her unemployed children so they can make more money. and that money will be coming from the estate.

So the biggest winners here are her lawyers who got rich. On the other hand, KJ goes home with empty hands after shaming her own son in public. Thanks to this trial the whole world now knows about MJ medical history, making him the biggest loser. what a shame!

At least the kids know now what Randy was doing and capable of doing to MJ. Randy not only failed to get millions from AEG but burned all bridges with MJ's kids. He thought AEG was going to settle with his mother and award them hundreds of millions of dollars hence he did not give a second thought to what mj's kids would think about his statement in that case. What will happen now? he will try to sneak back into the kids' lives to secure his future once mother dies.

Gee, that was fast decision, although it was quite clear from judges question in oral argument what it was going to be.

When Randy or Jermaine collects their own remains from the floor, we can expect a statement from "Family" that they will take this case to California Supreme Court.

I wonder if we get to read ruling in full at some stage - Ivy?
Anywats, he are some tweets about it, read from bottom to top

ABC7 Court News @ABC7Courts · 9h 9 hours ago
Court of Appeal affirmed the judgement and awarded AEG costs. It's estimated the Jacksons will have to pay close to $1 million to AEG.

Opinion: although AEG was contracting to pay Murray for medical services, Murray believed MJ was his direct employer, worked at MJ's behest

Opinion: the trial court reached the correct conclusion when it ruled Murray was independent contractor, not (AEG's) employee

Opinion: the request by AEG to include Murray, MJ's personal physician, on medical appointments does not denote AEG's control over the doc

Opinion: No evidence was presented to support the assertion that Murray was required to communicate worth AEG to report on MJ's treatment

Opinion: AEG's inclusion of Murray in Jackson's rehearsal schedule or meetings does not demonstrate AEG had the right to control Murray.

Opinion: #MichaelJackson discussed his prior use of Propofol with Murray and told the police "the doctors allowed (MJ) to infuse it himself"

Opinion: Dr. Murray also told police it was #MichaelJackson's idea for Dr. Murray to administer Propofol to him.

Opinion: #MichaelJackson sought Propofol from various medical providers aside Dr. Murray during the months leading up to his death.

Opinion: #MJ was warned by several medical providers that Propofol or any intravenous medicine that would put him to sleep was dangerous

Opinion: #MichaelJackson had an extensive history of Propofol use dating back to the early 1990's.

Opinion: Undisputed facts establish that Dr. Murray was an independent contractor as a matter of law. Dr. Murray is not an agent of AEG. #MJ

Opinion: @AEGworldwide did not undertake to provide protective services to #MichaelJackson

Opinion: @AEGworldwide did not owe #MichaelJackson a duty to refrain from exerting pressure over Dr. Murray

Details in Court of Appeal's opinion siding with AEG against Katherine #Jackson: AEG owed Michael no duty arising from contract w/ Dr Murray

Her lawyers knew that from the beginning. they just bullshitted her and her unemployed children so they can make more money. and that money will be coming from the estate.

So the biggest winners here are her lawyers who got rich. On the other hand, KJ goes home with empty hands after shaming her own son in public. Thanks to this trial the whole world now knows about MJ medical history, making him the biggest loser. what a shame!

I think Panish on this case on contingency fee basis:
We understand that our clients are under significant emotional and financial strain in the aftermath of an accident. We do not burden you with more expenses to worry about. Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay anything until we recover compensation for you.

Although we know it when we get to see accounting for relevant year if it is going to be payment just for AEG lawyers and appeal lawyer, or all three law firms.

When Randy or Jermaine collects their own remains from the floor, we can expect a statement from "Family" that they will take this case to California Supreme Court.

That's not going to happen.

So what's next for the jacksons? well, hopefully they will wake up to the fact that they all need to find jobs for a change. and fast. In 13 days, KJ will lose control of Prince's allowance. On top of that the money she gets for her guardianship role will also decrease. So that's a double loss. and to make matters worse, Paris is also turning 18 next year, meaning even less money for kj to distribute around.

Although we know it when we get to see accounting for relevant year if it is going to be payment just for AEG lawyers and appeal lawyer, or all three law firms.

After loosing the appeal Kathrine has to pay the AEG-trial costs, about 800000 Dollar. The cost for the appeal will be in addition.

There was allready a discussion in summer on probate-court that Kathrine wanted that the Estate will pay it. The attorney of the kids was against it. Don`t know what couurt descided but I think Estate will pay.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/128685-MJ-Estate-Probate-Notes/page9

the only good thing if you can say that is that through granny napping ,rants against the estate,AEG. the family showed their true colours to the kids. the desire was to big they couldnt hold their selfs back and think keep your heads down stay on their good side and just maybe they will make look after us as their favourite aunt/uncle. nope their greed was to big for that. and i hope the kids remember the words and actions of their father and never forget and also take great care with the second generation as they are molded in the same way as their parents and will be around far longer than the first generation

At least the kids know now what Randy was doing and capable of doing to MJ. Randy not only failed to get millions from AEG but burned all bridges with MJ's kids. He thought AEG was going to settle with his mother and award them hundreds of millions of dollars hence he did not give a second thought to what mj's kids would think about his statement in that case. What will happen now? he will try to sneak back into the kids' lives to secure his future once mother dies.

After loosing the appeal Kathrine has to pay the AEG-trial costs, about 800000 Dollar. The cost for the appeal will be in addition.

There was allready a discussion in summer on probate-court that Kathrine wanted that the Estate will pay it. The attorney of the kids was against it. Don`t know what couurt descided but I think Estate will pay.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/128685-MJ-Estate-Probate-Notes/page9

Yeas, Michael pays for AEG lawyers fees, and KJ's appeal lawyer, but it is not certain whether MJ pays for KJ's atty Panish
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-Notes/page5?p=4030755&viewfull=1#post4030755
Thats request for mo' money didn't include them, or did it?

Whatever, if the estate pays for those costs, I hope judge decided it will be taken from KJ share.

Do we know how much kjs tj's wage for being guardian goes down with each kid reaching 18

I'm certain both guardians finds ways to keep amount of money the same without reducing it due Prince coming to legal age. Prince will be surprised to find out how much he was supposed to get instead of how much he actually got.

It's amazing how the appeals court wrote exactly the same things mentioned here.

^^True Ivy.
You have to be careful what you post here as tinfoil hatters will claim that you made them (judges) to reach unfavourable ruling to family:giggle:

I haven't fully read the ruling, just your short version, but will post my thoughts of it once I finished reading it.

Just a quick comment, seemingly family's approach that MJ was hopeless drug addict, in fact worked against them. Throwing Michael under the bus was for nothing.

I guess thats justice and karma all rolled into one just for steven randall.

I'm glad its over. Katherine seriously needs to learn how use the word "No".

In the interview with OW Michael did not want to go into his medical history that was private in the bold now it is out there.

The word "privacy" and Michael Jackson don't seem to go hand in hand. Seems as if every aspect of his life needs to be laid bare. He isn't accorded that same respect as others.

the only good thing if you can say that is that through granny napping ,rants against the estate,AEG. the family showed their true colours to the kids. the desire was to big they couldnt hold their selfs back and think keep your heads down stay on their good side and just maybe they will make look after us as their favourite aunt/uncle. nope their greed was to big for that. and i hope the kids remember the words and actions of their father and never forget and also take great care with the second generation as they are molded in the same way as their parents and will be around far longer than the first generation
I think one good thing from this is that it absolutely proved that Michael was NOT the raving, out of control drug addict that the media and certain family members with hidden agendas made him out to be. Not that anyone in the public or media will pay attention to this at all.

I would hope this would wake the kids up and make them wary, but I keep telling myself that they are young and kids will look for love wherever they can find it. Michael was an adult when he tried to break ties with his family, and he didn't succeed-ever. He always loved them and I think in a lot of ways was proud of them (esp the nieces and nephews and cousins) and proud that he was able to provide and be there for them. In many ways he was more their father than their own fathers-that's an accomplishment not talked about much.

So I won't be surprised and will try to see the best of it because the kids will probably stay entrenched in the family and with their cousins for years to come.

Glad that it's over, but sadly Michael's reputation was ruined in the process. Hope Katherine is proud of herself, and I hope the children don't come out of this with their own reps ruined. I remember a lot of people bad-mouthing them during the original trial. :(

This is from a paper called "Law 360" and it hit my Alert email tonight-can't read the whole thing b/c you need a subscription. Anybody know what this is about? I thought the Jacksons had to pay the court costs.
(hopefully won't get in trouble for copying over what I could get-moderators, if this is problem, please remove. Thank you.

AEG Live Sues Insurers Over Cost Of Michael Jackson Suits
By Stewart Bishop

Law360, New York (February 03, 2015, 4:06 PM ET) -- Concert promoter AEG Live LLC on Friday sued Axis Insurance Co. and Greenwich Insurance Co. in California state court, claiming the insurers bailed on their obligation to pick up defense costs for a string of lawsuits stemming from the death of pop singer Michael Jackson.

AEG contends that apart from a partial $5 million payment in connection with a suit by Jackson’s family seeking to hold it liable for his death due to the concert promoter’s hiring of the doctor found to be complicit in Jackson's...
To view the full article, register now.

I thought the Jacksons had to pay the court costs.

they will be required to pay some but not all. I believe they are required to pay trial costs but not lawyer fees.

------------------------------------------------
The relevant parts of the article addition to what you have posted above.

In short AEG has a general liability insurance. AEG has been a party to three lawsuits concerning MJ's death :Katherine's lawsuit, Joe's lawsuit, MAW lawsuit. Plus the Murray criminal case. Their insurers only gave them $5 Million and AEG has filed a lawsuit asking for them to pay the rest of their legal costs.

AEG contends that apart from a partial $5 million payment in connection with a suit by Jackson’s family s, the insurers have failed to make good on their duty to defend the company in court.

The insurers have acknowledged the potential for coverage, but have disputed the promoter’s right to hire independent counsel, AEG said, which has left the company on the hook for millions of dollars in attorneys’ fees and other costs.

The promoter was also named, but later dismissed from another lawsuit brought by Jackson’s father that also targeted Murray. That case was dropped without explanation in August 2012.Yet another lawsuit was brought by Jackson's former personal assistant, styled as a $7.5 million contract breach class action. The assistant, Michael Amir Williams, claimed that AEG's conduct led to Jackson's death and concert production staff members' economic loss.

AEG’s suit against the insurers cites millions of dollars in attorneys’ fees stemming from those three actions, as well as from its involvement in the criminal case against Murray.

The case is The Anschutz Co. et al. v. Axis Insurance Co. et al., case number BC571094, in the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Los Angeles.

Last edited:
It's amazing how the appeals court wrote exactly the same things mentioned here.

I finally finished reading the whole ruling and I found it very interesting and straight forward.
The Jacksons present no evidence..... was mentioned many occasion in the ruling. Plaintiff's attorney's threw stuff out there true Jackson style, but presented no evidence to back it up.

Do you know if KJ is going to appeal on Supreme court, when it has to happen?

I guess thats justice and karma all rolled into one just for steven randall.

I don't think it is all over for Randy. He has a few options: sell MJ to tabloids, sell kids to tabloids, attack on executors, or granny-napping part 2. Just wait and see which is it going to be.

Oh yeah i agree he will never stop but that was his chance to become a billionaire. now its back to selling crap to the tabs for a few thousand

Back