KOP board may be closing soon

Ankita

Proud Member
Most long time fans are aware of this long-running fan board. It has been up for more than a decade, since the ezzboard days. The admin at the KOP board www.mjj2005.com today announced that she will be retiring and is willing to transfer the database to anyone who may want to host the board, otherwise it wil close on Jan 31. If it goes away, it will be a huge loss to the fan community since there is a LOT of info on that board, massive amount of posts and close to 8,000 members. The Admin says the monthly cost of running it comes around 50 Euroes. Hope someone is willing to take over!

I don't visit it alot but i'm a member for a long time! Would be a shame to see it go!

That's a shame!

That was the first MJ Board to come across my path. I had no idea anything like that existed. I only found out about Michael Jackson fansites during the trial of 2005. I was on the Court TV website and one of those members was talking about the KOP Board. I couldn't believe it. You mean to tell me there was a place where Michael Jackson fans could gather and share opinions. I was so excited! I found it and immediately joined. That membership lead me to other MJ fansites, which is basically how I came to find out about THIS wonderful place.

So the KOP Board will always have a soft spot in my heart, because if the Court TV creeps weren't discussing the KOP Board, I might have never found out about this exciting universe.

That's my story. LOL!

I hate that board. Good riddance I say.

Let's please remember that regardless of our differences we're all Michael's admirers at the end of the day and are together because of him, for him. That board has been around for more than 10 years and it'd be a shame to see any piece of MJ history/legacy just disappear. So let's not speak badly about any other fanclub/board/fan. That is not what MJJC is about. We are better than that. We're a class apart.
By being gracious to them, you'll only be respecting MJJC!:)
Love and peace...

^^ Why do you hate it?

I was having a debate with someone shortly after MJ's death and a certain unhinged member posted a completely unprovoked torrent of abuse and expletives directed at me, so I complained to the moderators and then they banned ME for being arguementative. The member in question happened to be friends with the moderator.

I find it's a very cliquey board. MJJC is much friendlier.

though it changed much for the worse after Michael's death it's a damn shame. I've been a long time member there and particularly active pre June 25. I don't wanna see that board closed :(

I am a member of that site. Have been ever since the ezboard days. It was the first MJ message board site I had join after MJIFC had closed up. So this is news to me. I really hope someone takes over that site soon.

MJJF/MJJC has been my beloved home since 2003 and its actually over here that I first found out about KOP almost 7 years ago. I guess it was during the time of the trial(2004-2005). I must have visited just a couple of times to check out the discussions in the News/MJ Gen Discussion sections and there was a lot of energy there, and I recognized many user names were from MJJC(then MJJF). I joined in 2006, but 'hardly ever' visited it and 'never' posted untill after June 2009. But it was sad to see that although the site gets many, many guests as visitors, that energy I felt on those very few occasions that I visited it during 2004-2005 was gone. Since last 2010 I've started going there only to post latest news so those visiting it would be kept up to date with latest news on our King.
BTW, NOTHING can compare to MJJF/MJJC! Like I alraedy said, KOP is a piece of Michael's legacy and for that reason alone I hope it stays.

They have battered me and they have battered MJJC for many years so please excuse me for not being sad they are experiencing this rocky road.

I am sure they will be ok, just wish they would drop the hate on us, everyone runs fan clubs how they feel is fit were a very large community so we must be doing something right.

They have battered me and they have battered MJJC for many years so please excuse me for not being sad they are experiencing this rocky road.

I am sure they will be ok, just wish they would drop the hate on us, everyone runs fan clubs how they feel is fit were a very large community so we must be doing something right.

Gaz, Like I already mentioned earlier, I only go there to post 'Latest News' and have no idea what talks go around in their other sections, but a few times I have seen an occasional reference to MJJC and some folks over there showing animosity towards us and I felt very bad, and sad. I have no idea why and from where that hate stems(perhaps something happened in the past with Trish), but in those few cases I saw the hate, I have spoken in support of MJJC, I can (and will, if I must) fight the whole world defending my home (!)

Maybe I should start posting a little more over there and let them realize that we(MJJCians)are all about defending Michael's legacy with L.O.V.E :)

Last edited:
Been a member there since around 2000 but the board went down the drain when it allowed posters to attack mj and the mods didnt do their jobs. frankly as a mj fan the place became embarassing and isnt somewhere id want a non fan to go to. yes it has alot of old info that some may want to keep but other than that makes no difference to me anymore if it stays or goes as i havnt been there in ages and very rarely take a look as you felt you were on a board full of haters. if it carries on i hope the new owners do a proper job and stop leaving the place as a free for all and bring some respect back to themselves and michael

Last edited:
They don't hate MJJC, it's like a friendly war between the 2 boards. :lol:

KOP will not close. We paid for 2012, and it gonna be ok for 2013 too. It's a huge MJ board, so it would be a huge lost for many MJ fans to see this board disappear.

And for the friendly war , lol, between KOP and MJJC, let's say the true, when the shit Cascios songs were released, it created a huge mess betweens fans and the 2 boards. Some fans were banned from here, MJJC, so they went to KOP.

And like Elusive said, the worst was when some people, I don't call these assholes MJ fans, were insulting Mike and agree with all the lies that the Jack$on$ against Mike.

Anyway, KOP will never die.

I liked that board a lot but they banned me just because I was criticising Michael Jackson's appearance and that he is not eating and sleeping enough. They should be ashamed because I didn't mean anything bad for him. I have been his supporter for 27+ years now and I will forever.

Last edited:

KOP will not close. We paid for 2012, and it gonna be ok for 2013 too. It's a huge MJ board, so it would be a huge lost for many MJ fans to see this board disappear.

I don't know. I wouldn't care if some of its discussions will be deleted.

KOP really doesn't respect Michael or the members. They don't allow talks about the Cascio tracks at all and after some initial bumps and we were given a place to discuss them here at least.

Back