L.A. Police Chief: Homicide or Accidental Overdose

Diprivan works rapidly, and stops rapidly. Rarely is diprivan used as a one time injection because it is so short term. Normally a bolus is administered and then a continuous iv drip is maintained for whatever period needed for sedation. If an iv were infusing with a continuous flow rate, as would be needed for prolonged sedation over hours, and then respiratory depression/arrest occurs, it would stay in the tissues longer if cardiac arrest took place. Can't be metabolized if it's not circulating. What complicates matters if there were other sedation meds in the system as well, to compound respiratory depression, respiratory arrest, and then ultimately leading to cardiac arrest.

None of this is indicative of an "addiction" per se, ie heroine, etc., could be an honest but misguided desire to "sleep". Unfortunately the risks far outweigh the benefit in such a setting.

Directly or indirectly I absolutely believe he was murdered. Every move Dr. Murray made was in direct contrast to what he should have done. From waiting 30 minutes before calling 911 even when Michael was still breathing, to performing CPR on the bed, to leaving the scene and not cooperating with police until after he had secured a lawyer... I'm completely sick to my stomach right now. Whatever the outcome, nothing will bring Michael back. Gutted again. :(
Dam! This is a f*cking trip!

*Truly wiped out!!!*

I SWEAR IF I FIND THAT DOCTOR HE BETTER RUN A H*** A MILE AWAY FROM ME! :angry: :angry: :censored:

his sleeping problems are a give away as to having some kind of addiction still, he told the nurse he couldnt sleep for more than 2-3 hours straight in a night

On Nancy Grace someone said the doctors could also be charged with narcotics dealing.

Trish, stay away from shrieking Nancy Grace!lol

How the hell do I deal with seeing the words Michael Jackson and Homicide in the same sentence?

BTW, after watching Klein on LKL last night and re-watching the above small clip with the nurse and Gupta, I swear, Larry King just wants dirt on Michael all for the sake of his show and ratings. Chaps my hide..the ol' coot is not the sincere, honest Larry King I used to watch over 10 years ago.

I 100% agree. He kept going back to that "are you the father" question and LKLs topic since Michael died has been only on Michael.

@ whisper... agree with your point about LESS meds. Doesn't make sense.

Isn't Diprivan a prescription drug?

No. It's only given in hospitals during surgeries. It's not something a person would be written a prescription for to be used outside of a hospital. Like Trish noted, it would have to be stolen from a hospital. I'm not sure it's something you could buy on the internet. :unsure:

Okay, wait, let me go check.

Same here!! It better have not been that :angry: :(

Yeh i know, but unfortnately it looks like the doc is at fault!
OMG why...michael could have been here with us doing the tour, he so longed 2 do :cry: :cry:

his sleeping problems are a give away as to having some kind of addiction still, he told the nurse he couldnt sleep for more than 2-3 hours straight in a night
my mom has that problem and shes never been a drug addit

Just to reiterate, just because it's labeled homicide or even "murder" doesn't mean that someone was intentionally trying to kill Michael. I think this ATV catalog talk is a bit out of hand.

@ whisper... agree with your point about LESS meds. Doesn't make sense.

No. It's only given in hospitals during surgeries. It's not something a person would be written a prescription for to be used outside of a hospital. Like Trish noted, it would have to be stolen from a hospital. I'm not sure it's something you could buy on the internet. :unsure:

Okay, wait, let me go check.

I would be shocked if u cld get it on the net as it has to be given by i.v but then u can buy anything now online x

Oooooh My bad. You actually CAN buy it on the internet. Lawd!! :doh:

I find it suspicious that "Dr." Murray got a lawyer to deal with this within a day of MJs passing and also the fact that he hasnt said a word publicly (like everyone else has) about anything...why? Cuz he has something to hide! He's a cardiologist and doesnt know how to perform CPR correctly?

Just to reiterate, just because it's labeled homicide or even "murder" doesn't mean that someone was intentionally trying to kill Michael. I think this ATV catalog talk is a bit out of hand.

me too

No it isn't. It's an anesthetic used for surgery.

So it is not an over the counter drug I assume - wouldn't that necessarily make it a prescription drug? I mean it sounds like a doctor (or anesthesiologist) would have to order it (prescribe) to be administered right?

The bodyguard was quoted from 2004. The CNN reporter noted that these were CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS from Santa Barbara County from the 2005 trial that they just discovered evidently.

They say that there are several security bodyguard people who corroborate this information. They said that he was on 30-40 pills at first, but came down to the 10 Zanax pills a night.

They said that all the prescriptions were in various names, various doctors.

It is not understood if these security people were NOT employed by Jackson when they gave out this information to investigators.

FISHY.

Last edited:
does anyone know what the difference is between Fluoxetine (Prozac) & Alprazolam (Xanax) ?

This is just horrible.. I honestly think if these allegations are true... It's going to be on..Im going for Bashir's head that D.A head, all 5 of the doctors and who ever else who had something to do with this gentle mans death.. this is making me cry all over again.. Our Michael did not deserve this!!

The bodyguard was quoted from 2004. The CNN reporter noted that these were CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS from Santa Barbara County from the 2005 trial that they just discovered evidently.

They say that there are several security bodyguard people who collaborate this information. They said that he was on 80-100 pills at first, but came down to the 30 Zanax pills a night.

It is not understood if these security people were currently employed or not when they gave these statements in 2004.

I had to laugh at how many times she said confidential. Confidential huh, o really?!?! Not if you are MJ apparently.

They say that there are several security bodyguard people who collaborate this information. They said that he was on 80-100 pills at first, but came down to the 30 Zanax pills a night.

It is not understood if these security people were currently employed or not when they gave these statements in 2004.

Thanks for the clarification. So this is old information that's got jack all to do with the present? Oy!

Who wants to guess where the diprivan may have come from if NOT from a hospital? Oh, and it's supposed to bring about a "peaceful and relaxed state". Oh dear. Take a lookyloo at the link below. Incredible!

http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3445-s-DIPRIVAN.aspx

Back