L.A. Police Chief: Homicide or Accidental Overdose

I'm just going to go ahead and give my opinion on what happened:

I believe Michael Jackson was addicted to drugs and that due to his own problems and other people clinging to him and being enablers, it resulted in his death.

Over the years, I've seen times where he seemed like he was totally out there and in another world, and I've seen times where he was incredibly clear-minded and articulate.

His death was surprising to me, but not totally. What I mean is that when Steve Irwin died after being killed by a sting-ray, it's like you say to yoruself "Wow, I wasn't expecting that... but the whole time he's been messing about with snakes and alligators and other deadly animals, I've said 'It's only a matter of time before one of these animals kills him..." I got the same type of feeling here.

At the end of the day, he was only human, and he was not perfect, as none of us are. And this was his downfall. I believe, if what I am assuming turns out to be true, that he is partly responsible for his own actions and anyone who participated in his downfall should be held accountable for their actions as well.

As it pertains to these particular claims by the news, please treat the story the same as you would any other allegations or news bits on Michael Jackson: with caution. And also realize they are going to put in bold the most eye-grabbing story. They have not said someone murdered Michael Jackson, they simply said they are investigating this as a possible homicide so they don't miss out on any critical evidence, if there is any.

I predict that at the least, some doctors will do some prison time for gross negligence and illegally prescribing medication. At worst, there is a slight chance of involuntary manslaughter.

When the talk first started about Diprivan, I thought that I heard some medical experts say that the time that it could be in his system would be very limited and that there is a chance that it wouldn't be found by the time tests were done. Did anyone else here this or any thing opposite?

I just am not sure that the answer is "he was an addict" like some are pushing. Even if there was a lot of medications, they could have been for actual medical reasons and not just to feed an addiction. I'm not being in denial about he could have possibly been addicted to prescription meds because he admitted to a past problem of such. But, could he really have hidden that from so many people who were working so closely with him? And he has obviously been open to treatment for an addiction before so why not again? Some things just aren't adding up.

But, I do think that any use of Diprivan could have easily been hidden if this is true. And I just don't understand any thing that he could have said to justify any doctor in giving it to him at home.

they just asked Niko (? sorry i don't know what his name is but he's michael's friend) if he was the biological father of Blanket.... wow.

Thank you, that is what I meant.

The media has been reporting that Michael collapsed as if he was up and about and then took something and then fell out. But that is not the case. Michael was found in beg with a slight pulse. This tells me that not too long before that, something was given to him. And that something could have been Diprivan because he was not breathing. The doctors absence from the scene is very suspicious. What was he doing? Hiding evidence that would implicate him?

What I think the LAPD is doing is looking for the very doctor who gave whatever killed him to him. That is who they are looking for. And if this doc is saying he didn't give it to him, then he got it from somewheres else and gave it to him. Or someone gave it to Michael and the doc administered it. Either way, it is homicide or accidental overdose.

I just truly hope that the LAPD is sincere and professional in their investigation (despite not boarding off the property after the incident and allowing four days to lapse before searching it)... After all, they are the ones who spent millions alongside Santa Barbara just to try and indict Michael in the 90s, I really do have a distrust in them and their practices.

Michael would never have even risked taking an overdoes and the fact that the dr didnt call the paramedic straight away leads me to suspect that he wanted this kept quiet

We will NOT know until toxicology comes back. But the ONLY reason I can think of for it to be homicide if it was Diprivan. That doctor was not qualified to use it to begin with. That would probably be criminal negligence or manslaughter. But homicide - the only thing I can think of would be because of the time he took to call for help. The only thing that makes sense to me is that he took the time to hide the evidence of Diprivan before calling for help, hoping that it would never be thought of or looked for on autopsy. And Michael died because of the delay. That's the only thing I can think of to make it murder.

I think the LAPD is blowing smoke so they can say see we did an investigation but the guy killed himself taking too many drugs. The LAPD treating Michael right is about as believable as Santa Claus.

Perfect crime. Hard drug to detect in toxicology.

For me this is another piece to the final pic of Michael being murdered. There is already enough physical evidence there to show that signs point to this.

I don't believe Michael was murdered.

The bottom line is this...

There was gross negligence on the part of the physician who (allegedly) provided Diprivan to Michael. The negligence is so out of line that it could be deemed as a homicide. Why? Because that drug is an anesthetic to be used for surgery. It is not for home use.

You have to be hospitalized and have an anesthesiologist, a physician, a nurse, oxygen machine, blood pressure/heart monitor and defibrillator present to be placed on Diprivan and again, it used for surgery. Even if Michael used it on his own, the doctor(s) who gave it to him (because it can't be prescribed, it can only be stolen from a HOSPITAL or doctor's office) can be charged with negligent homicide/manslaughter.

I hope the police, D.A. and everyone investigating are diligent in finding out what happened to Michael.

I think the LAPD are dotting their Is and crossing their Ts this time, though. I mean they are holding everything so close to the vest, the media is going cracy with speculation after speculation.

How much you wanna bet that more than 75% of the stuff we are hearing from the media won't even be true once the report is done? All this stuff about track marks on his arms and stuff...Klein said there were no track marks on Michael. But the media keeps reporting it. And he should know since he was treating him for vitiligo and lupus on his skin.

There was gross negligence on the part of the physician who (allegedly) provided Diprivan to Michael. The negligence is so out of line that it could be deemed as a homicide. Why? Because that drug is an anesthetic to be used for surgery. It is not for home use.

You have to be hospitalized and have an anesthesiologist, a physician, a nurse, oxygen machine, blood pressure/heart monitor and defibrillator present to be placed on Diprivan and again, it used for surgery. Even if Michael used it on his own, the doctor who prescribed it to him can be charged with negligent homicide/manslaughter.

I hope the police, D.A. and everyone investigating are diligent in finding out what happened to Michael.

So true wat u have sadi that is wat i wanted to say so sad though :-( x

When the talk first started about Diprivan, I thought that I heard some medical experts say that the time that it could be in his system would be very limited and that there is a chance that it wouldn't be found by the time tests were done. Did anyone else here this or any thing opposite?

Yes that is very true.

Michael would never have even risked taking an overdoes and the fact that the dr didnt call the paramedic straight away leads me to suspect that he wanted this kept quiet

AGREED!! you dont wait f**king thirty minutes when your patient, friend?, is unresponsive lying in bed...somebody was worried about their own ass. and NOT Michaels.

Somebody is about to sh*t their pants...
negligence, on someones part, illegally obtained drugs,...oh indeeed...somebody is bout to sh*t their pants.

Ive said it before, Michael was murdered. They tried to get in him in 93 and 03 and couldnt so they bumped him off.

i think the same. we talked about it long time ago during the trial. it was far more serious. Arvizos were just a tool for someone we don't name.

i dont believe these drugs theories. Michael hated drugs and he cared about his health for his children, his family and his work. I don't remember him lying to us. Yes he took painkillers but i can understand why. If they find him overdosed with something, for me it will only mean he was given stuff and he didnt really know what it was. Or may be he was asleep or something.

He was getting ready for concerts. He cared about his health. And we know how easy he could be set up in the past. Homicide or overdose - it's actually the same. Find now the one who arranged this overdose.

Last edited:
thats what im thinking if Michael collapsed how come they found him in his bed and not on the floor

You can collapse on the bed if you're trying to get out of it and don't make it. Sometimes just trying to sit up in the bed can make a person feel queasy or ill and they collapse onto the bed that way. The thing is this, we have no idea if the "collapse" story is even true or not. We have no way of knowing if the "found him in bed" story is correct. All we have is that guy's word. And if his story has changed, it's impossible to know which one is the truth or more likely.

I just am not sure that the answer is "he was an addict" like some are pushing. Even if there was a lot of medications, they could have been for actual medical reasons and not just to feed an addiction. I'm not being in denial about he could have possibly been addicted to prescription meds because he admitted to a past problem of such. But, could he really have hidden that from so many people who were working so closely with him? And he has obviously been open to treatment for an addiction before so why not again? Some things just aren't adding up.

But, I do think that any use of Diprivan could have easily been hidden if this is true. And I just don't understand any thing that he could have said to justify any doctor in giving it to him at home.

Another expert once claimed altho Diprivan stays in the body a short time, it CAN be found in the liver becuz that's where it's metabolized. And if it was in excessive amounts, it could still be found there.

I do NOT care what they say.

The LAPD is corrupt -- based on my own personal experiences, I DO NOT TRUST THEM. Even if murder charges are filed, they will MUCK this up BIG time and they have already done so (in my opinion).

AGREED!! you dont wait f**king thirty minutes when your patient, friend?, is unresponsive lying in bed...somebody was worried about their own ass. and NOT Michaels.

Somebody is about to sh*t their pants...
negligence, on someones part, illegally obtained drugs,...oh indeeed...somebody is bout to sh*t their pants.

Yes exactly!!!

Imagine if the dr had resuscitated him by himself , then we wouldnt have even known this had happened.

Thats very worrying.

You have to be hospitalized and have an anesthesiologist, a physician, a nurse, oxygen machine, blood pressure/heart monitor and defibrillator present to be placed on Diprivan and again, it used for surgery. Even if Michael used it on his own, the doctor(s) who gave it to him (because it can't be prescribed, it can only be stolen from a HOSPITAL or doctor's office) can be charged with negligent homicide/manslaughter.

^^ PRECISELY! Thank you!

MJ's former security guard is saying Michael took 30-40 Xanex a day, then moved down to 10 xanex a day.

I honestly don't know what to make of this though, people talk a whole lot.

If it is true that he used this on the History Tour, that was with an anethesiologist with monitoring equipment. Yet, it doesn't seem that any of that was present now if this is the case.

What I have never understood is why would the doctor have entered his bedroom in the first place? Was he supposed to be monitoring him and left longer than he should have? Or was he just checking in on him?

But, I will say again, there could have been other problems but some of this is just too exaggerated and over the top. It's like they are trying to paint a picture based on "sources" again. But, I will say again, the difference in what some say versus others is really night and day.

MJ's former security guard is saying Michael took 30-40 Xanex a day, then moved down to 10 xanex a day.

I honestly don't know what to make of this though, people talk a whole lot.

He would have died a long time ago if that was the case.

Back