La Toya: Michael wouldn’t like ‘This Is It’ film

Pascal09

Proud Member
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33300626/ns/entertainment-access_hollywood/

La Toya Jackson is pleased to hear her late brother Michael Jackson’s return to the airwaves with his “new” single, “This Is It,” but she says Michael would not be happy about the release of the documentary of the same name.

“It’s wonderful to hear something from him because he hasn’t had anything out in awhile,” La Toya told Access Hollywood on Monday night of the “King of Pop’s” new single, which was released on Monday.

But when it comes to the “This Is It” documentary slated to hit theaters on Oct. 28, La Toya — who has been working as Access Hollywood’s guest correspondent during coverage of “Dancing With the Stars” — said her late brother would not be pleased with the final product being put on display.

“Do you think he would’ve wanted this released?” Access asked her.

“You know what, that’s a very, very, very good question,” Jackson said.

“Truthfully, my opinion — no,” she revealed. “Michael always wants to give his best. This is a rehearsal. He wasn’t giving his all. He loves to give his all always. That’s just the way he is. He wants people to see him at the top of the ladder and not half-stepping because he doesn’t want to do a full-out rehearsal.”

Nevertheless, Jackson said she would still give her full support to the film.

“I will support my brother in any way I can,” she added. “I love him.”

It was meant to be released as a DVD anyway with a bit footage from the concerts as well. Remember the clip with the auditions!

La Toya — who has been working as Access Hollywood’s guest correspondent during coverage of “Dancing With the Stars” — said her late brother would not be pleased with the final product being put on display.

pathetic as usual

Well of course Michael wouldn't want to put out a rehearsal DVD, especially if there's no "real" concert - But this is the next best thing, this is how we can see a master at work.
This should not only be for us, but for the whole industry to watch so they know where the ultimate level is at.

I agree with Latoya on this. I doubt Michael would've wanted us to see the rehearsals on the big screen based on the fact, as she said, that he is a perfectionist and doesn't go all out during these rehearsals.

to starlightdancer: he always taped his rehearsals, there was nothing strange about him having these taped too.

edit: BUT...I know this is all we've got left of him, so I'm not complaining.

Last edited:
I think his concert would have ended up as a DVD and all those rehearsal stuff would have been as a bonus feature on the DVD or something. The point is, he knew there were camera's there, so why all the drama? :rolleyes:

yea i remember them saying they were going to do a dvd or somethng with videos showing the dancers auditions and them rehersals and im sure it would of had to include some rehersals footage and mike to sell it

In all fairness, I understand LaToya's point of view. I think Michael's nephew Taj said the same about the movie. I respect their opinions, but this is what I think.

Yes, Michael was a perfectionist but we didn't get a chance to see him execute the perfection he intended...not even once as he never got the chance to do ONE show which would have included all his ideas and visions and bells and whistles. And sadly, it's never going to happen now. This footage is all we have left to show us what might have been. And altho Michael would have preferred us to see it all in its final and perfected form, I doubt he planned to leave us with nothing and would begrudge us the chance to see what he had in store for us and his children. Why suppress the bits and pieces of his vision and dream becuz of something beyond all of our control...his and ours?

And with that, I, too plan to support the movie and Michael's dream (altho not in final and perfect form) and hopefully, thru my tears, I will enjoy it. It's all we have now and when I say "we", I'm referring to fans, the public AND Michael becuz he, too didn't get to have his dream realized. I for one, am going to cherish this movie regardless of how unfinished or imperfect it may be in whatever way...so there's no chance of this fan being disappointed. He, nor his perfectionism, has to worry about that.

In all fairness, I understand LaToya's point of view. I think Michael's nephew Taj said the same about the movie. I respect their opinions, but this is what I think.

Yes, Michael was a perfectionist but we didn't get a chance to see him execute the perfection he intended...not even once as he never got the chance to do ONE show which would have included all his ideas and visions and bells and whistles. And sadly, it's never going to happen now. This footage is all we have left to show us what might have been. And altho Michael would have preferred us to see it all in its final and perfected form, I doubt he planned to leave us with nothing and would begrudge us the chance to see what he had in store for us and his children. Why suppress the bits and pieces of his vision and dream becuz of something beyond all of our control...his and ours?

And with that, I, too plan to support the movie and Michael's dream (altho not in final and perfect form) and hopefully, thru my tears, I will enjoy it. It's all we have now and when I say "we", I'm referring to fans, the public AND Michael becuz he, too didn't get to have his dream realized. I for one, am going to cherish this movie regardless of how unfinished or imperfect it may be in whatever way...so there's no chance of this fan being disappointed. He, nor his perfectionism, has to worry about that.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

:(:clapping::(:clapping::( :better:

Lord, *sigh* I miss you so much, Michael!

well if michael was alive, then obviously the concert would be what everyone wants to see, not the rehearsal. But since hes gone, we're left with no choice to either see him dance for the last time or not.

If this was never meant to be released, why did he allow video camera's in all the rehearsals?
Because it was for a behind the scenes doc, ala when he did the Thriller video. Clearly the concert in its final form was going to be the superior product and it would have likely been part of a DVD.

I agree with Latoya on this. I doubt Michael would've wanted us to see the rehearsals on the big screen based on the fact, as she said, that he is a perfectionist and doesn't go all out during these rehearsals.

to starlightdancer: he always taped his rehearsals, there was nothing strange about him having these taped too.

edit: BUT...I know this is all we've got left of him, so I'm not complaining.
I agree as well. If MJ was living, obviously he would not release his rehearsals. He would release the actual concert, coupled with the behind the scenes clips. Latoya didn't say anything wrong.

A Pro doesn't want to half ass anything lol unless he has to. Michael of course would NOT like this because it is not a full tank of gas its only a half a tank ;)

:clapping:....excellent post!!!!.......I agree 100%.......i enjoy reading your post.

I have had anxiety about seeing this movie for the past couple of weeks.....now..LaToya has made me feel guilty...saying Michael wouldn't want it to be seen....this just keeps getting worse and worse.

He would not want to leave the fans without anything. I truly believe that. Everything he did was for his children and millions of fans. He is not mad. He is proud of us because we are still fighting. This film will help fuel the fans to keep going spreading love and continuing his legacy.

I have had anxiety about seeing this movie for the past couple of weeks.....now..LaToya has made me feel guilty...saying Michael wouldn't want it to be seen....this just keeps getting worse and worse.

Dont feel guilty hun, do what u feel inside. If u wanna see it go ahead and see it, if u dont- its entirely up to you. :hug:

Dont feel guilty hun, do what u feel inside. If u wanna see it go ahead and see it, if u dont- its entirely up to you. :hug:

I do..i already bought tickets for two separate showings....I think it is the seeing Michael one last time that has been giving me anxiety....I may end up just seeing it once ...thank you ....:)......I think Latoya should just hush.

I do..i already bought tickets for two separate showings....I think it is the seeing Michael one last time that has been giving me anxiety....I may end up just seeing it once ...thank you ....:)......I think Latoya should just hush.

Yeh i totally understand how ur feeling..im going through it as well. Im seeing it twice & thats all. Yeh i think latoya should hush up too.

We all know that Michael was a perfectionist. He would not release an album until he was 100% satisfied or do a show unless he could not give 110%, but what can we say? We are not going to judge his singing or dancing, we are going to see him 'MICHAEL' I know that I will cry like never before. I already told my friends to be prepared.
Love You Michael, and always will.

I don't know why there's so much drama with regards to This Is It? This is the last we will see Michael Jackson in a concert enviorment.

If Michael was here, he probably wouldn't want anyone to see the footage of the rehearsals leaked before we got to see THE BIG SHOW. He wanted that to be as much of a surprise for everyone as possible.
Honestly, I don't think he'd mind us seeing the rehearsal footage after he performed the shows.
And since he's not here, and he's never going to perform the shows... :cry:
This is all we got.
And speculating whether he would have wanted it or not is in my opinion sensless.

Yeah, i saw that article and there was the actual video of LaToya saying it, i didnt post it cause everytime i post something they move it to the "News thread" and nobody sees it, so i let it there.Anyway...

Im just hoping the documental to be good, but umm, I kinda think the same laToya does, BUT what other election do we have to see Michael one last time????

You shouldn't feel guilty if you wanna go, then go. Obviously if MJ were still here, this would not be a conversation to be had.

Don't dump on Latoya now. What she says is the truth. Nothing for you to feel guilty about or to blame someone else for. You have to do what you want to do.

But he's not here and that's all we got for now.

That's kind of what I mean.
This is not a situation anyone was prepared for.
Speculating whether he would have wanted this or not... As in, what. Being dead, on the Other Side, and worrying that we'll see rehearsal footage?
Um.
I just don't really get what this discussion is about.
How can La Toya know?
Did she ask him - hey Mike, if you died before you performed any of the shows, would you like the rehearsal footage released?
Maybe she did, but somehow I doubt it.

Michael's not here.
Wherever he is now, he doesn't care.
And in my opinion no one really knows what he would have wanted in this situation.

Gosh, I wish he was still here... :cry: I'd give anything.

Back