Lady Gaga and Michael Jackson Fans Face Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine since few months ago now - I'm dot 248311 on the lower lip :wub:

I just tried to register for a 'dot' ( as i can't remember if I did, or not...).....and SOMEONE USED MY NICKNAME! That's so weird to see someone use "dutchie"......and how original. lol.

Is anyone else here more than a little ANNOYED that the artist is even doing a gaga portrait. i feel a little betrayed that something so precious to us, something many people used to get thru the grief over the past year and a half is being made into something so insignificant.
the mj portrait was so personal to some of us and doing a gaga one is like saying all of that meant nothing

Is anyone else here more than a little ANNOYED that the artist is even doing a gaga portrait. i feel a little betrayed that something so precious to us, something many people used to get thru the grief over the past year and a half is being made into something so insignificant.
the mj portrait was so personal to some of us and doing a gaga one is like saying all of that meant nothing

I understand what you are saying. I think it is because when the portrait began it was claimed as this special tribute, with Michael's mom and children's dots in the heart area. Celebrities placed their dots on it, and it was built up as this great tribute of love. By making this competition the tribute is downgraded to this ordinary type of portrait that anyone can have. Hence, it seems to lose the sense of awe, uniqueness, and love that some attributed to it initially. At the same time the artist has the right to make any dot portraits he wants, and I guess many will see it as that. We simply have to always view the Michael one as a special portrait ourselves.

:lol: I've been a dot since the project started for Michael Jackson.
I'm dot number 6484. I hope more MJ fans/admirers Join. I've tweeted on MJJC Legacy Twitter about this several times. Let the Games begin... Bring it on!

:wub:
souldreamer7

I am.

It not to spread thier own fame is to spread the Message of Michael all over _ It was a brilliant idea and very POSITIVE

Thank you, I think he also wants to spread the message of Lady Gaga either.

**** LADY GAGA!! nuff said.

Michael passed away and this portrait is a way of not only honouring his memory, but a way to help fans come together and get through this extremely tough time. To do one for someone as pointless as lady gaga is (in comparison to Michael) is like getting the paper the picture is drawn on and wiping ur ass with it!

I got my dot long time ago.
What on earth is this, battle of the MJJ fans vs LG fans?
Michael is gone, Gaga is alive, her fans can see her in awards show, jamming on her concerts, seeing her alive, VIP meetings, autographs, live speeches. What are we left with? Pain and still coping with fact that he is gone and manslaughter case. Now they are throwing this to our face?
It is so degrading.

geeeezzzz.... that's so true
i hate this :(

I am offended. Michael worked his butt off his whole life since he was young to become a superstar. Over 40 years and he finally gets a tribute painting. Lady Gaga has a year and a half and she already gets her own? Slightly disrespectful to Michael...

I am offended. Michael worked his butt off his whole life since he was young to become a superstar. Over 40 years and he finally gets a tribute painting. Lady Gaga has a year and a half and she already gets her own? Slightly disrespectful to Michael...

Exactly. These comparisons between them are very offending. She doesn't hold a candle to Mike.

yeah this supposed to be something special, something that brings Michael's fans together in hard times and celebrates the legend.
IMO it's disrespectful... Gaga fans are doing this just for fun.

The only good thing is that now more MJ fans are more aware of the tribute portrait. I've been a dot for a quite some time. Can't believe that it's still not completed

yeah this supposed to be something special, something that brings Michael's fans together in hard times and celebrates the legend.
IMO it's disrespectful... Gaga fans are doing this just for fun.

The only good thing is that now more MJ fans are more aware of the tribute portrait. I've been a dot for a quite some time. Can't believe that it's still not completed

I totally agree. I was sure it was done long ago :doh:
and as you said, this was meant to be something special and unique for Michael. At least we saw it that way when it was first announced back in 2009... but well, things seemed to have changed :ermm:

I totally agree. I was sure it was done long ago :doh:
and as you said, this was meant to be something special and unique for Michael. /QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought so too. What confuses me though is this: He (Michael) has over 27 mil followers on FB, and he can't get 1 mil for this tribute? WTH? What am I missing?

Yeah I would have thought this would have been completed by now, I got my dot in Nov 2009. Things have truly changed now :(

I'm very surprised tbh that they haven't already reached the million dots for Michael.

True. Michael gave up his life to help open doors for the likes of Gaga, Beyonce, Usher, Oprah and every other dancer/singer out there. It's not fair.

I think the least America can do is have a Michael Jackson holiday like Martin Luther King or Lincoln Day.

I had already signed up, back when his project had merit. Now that it's become some sort of stupid competition, against Lady Gaga fans, no less, I am starting to regret having done so to begin with.

True. Michael gave up his life to help open doors for the likes of Gaga, Beyonce, Usher, Oprah and every other dancer/singer out there. It's not fair.

I think the least America can do is have a Michael Jackson holiday like Martin Luther King or Lincoln Day.

That would be really wonderful. It's like... I can't rememeber anyone recently being declared in the last decade or so. Perhaps someone could refresh my memory? It's like all the true artists and worthy people are 'no more' and Michael Jackson was one of the last greats. There should be a 'Day'

I know that in Brooklyn reconstruction at H-S station entrance to subway to be Memorial Mural in honour of Michael
Michael was inducted in The National Museum of Dance [Hall of Fame]
The United States Library of Congress officially placed Thriller the short film in the National Film Registry
Michael Jackson was inducted into The Apollo Walk Of Fame in New York City
Restoration of the Michael Jackson Auditorium Gardener Elementary School in Los Angeles from The Los Angeles Unified School District and isn't there an offical Michael Jackson day in Las Vegas? I know I'm forgetting many others.. plus the tributes etc. globally.

My point is make a Michael Jackson day - somewhere it should be International Day. Because so many tribute,honours etc. was made all over the world and Michael Jackson was from America,but he was known & loved World Wide. Not many people get that kind of love.

Back to topic - I hope fans/admirers of Michael don't give up on the tribute portrait this is our chance to show the world that there is in reality a million Michael Jackson fans. We always say his army of Love and no matter what kind of 'plan' the Gaga thing is - This is a chance for Michael to be honoured and everyone come together for Michael just like we talk about - Michael Jackson deserves it, he is what a true artist is... imho

:wub:
souldreamer7

Michael has been is famous and been working hard the last 40 years at least. Lady Gaga has been famous for like what, 3-4 years? Who is she?

There shouldn't really need to be any "fans face off". I'm just sayin', she's NOTHING compared to Michael Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back