Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread - For Fans

As much as I don't like to infringe upon appreciation threads for musicians I don't particularly care for either way, I did once upon a time tell you an interesting tidbit about Gaga's fan base, and it seems as though you have discovered its truth on your own. Of course, not all her fans are like that, there are some who actually do have a decent schooling in mainstream music history, however, the ones who are utterly ignorant and glorify her as some goddess fit to replace Madonna et al compose a very vocal and annoying percentage of her fan base.

Gaga has an incredibly young fan base. Majority are teens and know nothing about Madonna or Michael. It's very sad but that's the way it goes.

^Yep. Some Gaga fans are level-headed though, so don't let the idiot young teen majority turn you off from the whole fan base.

^Yep. Some Gaga fans are level-headed though, so don't let the idiot young teen majority turn you off from the whole fan base.

I won't, I know not all are like that. It's just frustrating trying to have meaningful conversations with people who think Avril Lavigne is a musical legend. :doh:

Gaga has an incredibly young fan base. Majority are teens and know nothing about Madonna or Michael. It's very sad but that's the way it goes.
well due to his death, Michael's at least a name known to them, some are even familiar to his music, now. but I agree totally though

well due to his death, Michael's at least a name known to them, some are even familiar to his music, now. but I agree totally though

Everyone knows MJ's and Madonna's name, but our youth doesn't actually know their music or much about them at all. Some do, but very few. That's the only way I can justify such ignorance I've seen displayed.

Lady Gaga and Fernando Garibay talks Madonna

Lady Gaga regularly face comparisons to Madonna so she always diplomatically insists that she has nothing but love for the Queen of Pop and that she’s not involved in rivalries with any other popstars.

She told the August 2011 issue of The Advocate…

“There’s no drama, there’s no jealousy, there’s no competition.
They’re just happy to see other women winning.
I just feel so connected to Madonna in a lot of ways, and I feel connected to Barbra, and I feel connected to Cher and Blondie and all of the women who came before me.”

Also fansite Gaga Daily’s did an exclusive Q&A with Fernando Garibay (famous for his work with Enrique Iglesias, New Kids on the Block or Paris Hilton) who co-wrote and produced her “Born this Way” album.
When a fan mentionned the Madonna comparison, Garibay used the diplomatic answer, once again…

Question: How did you feel about the people saying “Born This Way” sounded a lot like Madonna’s “Express Yourself”?

Fernando Garibay: Well I love Madonna so any comparisons to her I feel is a compliment.
http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/07/06/lady-gaga-and-fernando-garibay-talks-madonna/

:wild:

i blame fernando for "born this way" sounding like "express yourself". "born this way" sounds so nice on its piano acoustic and country road versions, but the production on the album/single version makes it sound too much like "express yourself"- the cowbell gives it away COMPLETELY.

however, i love "dance in the dark" and believe "marry the night" MUST be a single.

Everyone knows MJ's and Madonna's name, but our youth doesn't actually know their music or much about them at all. Some do, but very few. That's the only way I can justify such ignorance I've seen displayed.

that's true. i did know about madonna and some of her music before gaga, but gaga inspired me to look further into madonna's music. it's quite clear that madonna puts her stamp of personality on just about every song she's written and recorded since "into the groove". at least interested fans have youtube to do some research. i didn't hear the house version of "express yourself" until finding it on youtube lol!

i found this funny comparison between madonna's like a prayer album and gaga's born this way album:
-lap singles: like a prayer, express yourself, cherish
-btw singles: judas, born this way, edge of glory (video would've had mermaids LOL)

gaga needs to release a single like "live to tell" to make the general public take her more seriously. i think "you & i" might do the trick, with its personal subject matter about her on-off boyfriend of "6 whole years"

i blame fernando for "born this way" sounding like "express yourself". "born this way" sounds so nice on its piano acoustic and country road versions, but the production on the album/single version makes it sound too much like "express yourself"- the cowbell gives it away COMPLETELY.

however, i love "dance in the dark" and believe "marry the night" MUST be a single.

that's true. i did know about madonna and some of her music before gaga, but gaga inspired me to look further into madonna's music. it's quite clear that madonna puts her stamp of personality on just about every song she's written and recorded since "into the groove". at least interested fans have youtube to do some research. i didn't hear the house version of "express yourself" until finding it on youtube lol!

i found this funny comparison between madonna's like a prayer album and gaga's born this way album:
-lap singles: like a prayer, express yourself, cherish
-btw singles: judas, born this way, edge of glory (video would've had mermaids LOL)

gaga needs to release a single like "live to tell" to make the general public take her more seriously. i think "you & i" might do the trick, with its personal subject matter about her on-off boyfriend of "6 whole years"

That's definitely the positive thing about Gaga coming along and taking so many pages out of Madonna's handbook. It's caused some of her fans to to check out the original source. I've read this from a few fans and it's really great. I know this will become even more the case whenever Madonna releases her new album. Madonna's last album came out right before Gaga hit it back so Gaga's young fans who haven't listened to a Madonna at all may pick it up out of curiosity.

I loved her first album. I'm still growing to love her new one.. It's not as pop/feel-good IMO and sings a little too much about Jesus..

But I do love her very much and went to the Monster Ball in Sydney last year :wub: She was amazing, but the whole time I couldn't help but imagine in my mind what it would have looked like seeing Michael perform..

But I do love her very much and went to the Monster Ball in Sydney last year :wub: She was amazing, but the whole time I couldn't help but imagine in my mind what it would have looked like seeing Michael perform..

yeh, the sydney entertainment centre doesn't quite compare to the sydney cricket ground or anz stadium, does it? :) stadium hysteria and mass faintings at an mj concert ftw!

so jealous i didn't get to see gaga at sydney monster (town) hall though

yeh, the sydney entertainment centre doesn't quite compare to the sydney cricket ground or anz stadium, does it? :) stadium hysteria and mass faintings at an mj concert ftw!

so jealous i didn't get to see gaga at sydney monster (town) hall though

If I'm not mistaken it's a similar size to what the O2 is? I guess that's why it kept lingering in my mind throughout the night :cry:

It's really hard to not be completely turned off by Gaga's fan base. She's done a brilliant job in brainwashing them and spoon feeding them in to thinking she's the second coming of Christ. At a Gaga board I visit, they are discussing overrated artists and unfortunately MJ is at the top of the list. The last comment I read was how Gaga is already at MJ's level after just three years. That made me sick to my stomach. I know they are young, but god damn! Really? That's just ignorance. I was really young once too but wouldn't have said that New Kids On The Block were bigger than the Beatles. Reading ish like that makes my eyes bleed and really makes me reconsider even joining a Gaga fan board. I simply can't relate to people who can be so pop culturally ignorant. :doh:

I'm still a Gaga fan, but I'm certainly not a "little monster". I can't relate to that mentality and will not pretend that she's anything that she's not.

^I think that's a good way to put it, fan but not a "little monster." I enjoy her music, but I don't know if I'd put myself in the "fan" category. Frankly she causes a lot of cognitive dissonance in my mind. I don't think I've ever felt that way about an artist before. Her music isn't original, no, just fun to listen and sing along to. I enjoy the message behind Born This Way, and I think the album itself is solid. I was reluctant about buying the album, but now I'm glad I did. But no way would I put myself in the "little monster" camp and bend over backwards in worship mode. Time will tell if she's still popular 5 years from now.

It's really hard to not be completely turned off by Gaga's fan base. She's done a brilliant job in brainwashing them and spoon feeding them in to thinking she's the second coming of Christ. At a Gaga board I visit, they are discussing overrated artists and unfortunately MJ is at the top of the list. The last comment I read was how Gaga is already at MJ's level after just three years. That made me sick to my stomach. I know they are young, but god damn! Really? That's just ignorance. I was really young once too but wouldn't have said that New Kids On The Block were bigger than the Beatles. Reading ish like that makes my eyes bleed and really makes me reconsider even joining a Gaga fan board. I simply can't relate to people who can be so pop culturally ignorant. :doh:

I'm still a Gaga fan, but I'm certainly not a "little monster". I can't relate to that mentality and will not pretend that she's anything that she's not.

That just makes me laugh. God, they are gonna feel so ashamed when they grow up and logical, facts and an ear for music shows just how great the King of Pop is.

Thought I'd share this,a video of Lady Gaga singing Orange Coloured Sky at the Big Weekend:
I would love to hear her do a jazz album

That just makes me laugh. God, they are gonna feel so ashamed when they grow up and logical, facts and an ear for music shows just how great the King of Pop is.

It gets worse - they are claiming MJ wasn't innovative and Gaga is. *dead*

It gets worse - they are claiming MJ wasn't innovative and Gaga is. *dead*

I remember Lady Gaga saying something about how MJ was one of her influences. Unfortunately, the fans of hers who try to discredit MJ must have missed that. Some, (not all), fans of other artists tend to be real quick to put Michael down. That's been going on for years.

I remember Lady Gaga saying something about how MJ was one of her influences. Unfortunately, the fans of hers who try to discredit MJ must have missed that. Some, (not all), fans of other artists tend to be real quick to put Michael down. That's been going on for years.

Because they are afraid of his epic dominance over the entire industry and pop history.

It rocks to be a MJ fan. Proud.

by Brad Brevet October 7, 2018 Box Office Mojo
tumblr_pg1lmg7GGw1rw606ko2_r1_1280.jpg

It was a record weekend at the box office for Sony's release of Venom, which delivered a massive $80 million, topping the previous October opening weekend record by more than $20 million. Additionally, Warner Bros.'s A Star is Born more than carried its own weight with a stellar debut of its own, topping $40 million for its opening weekend and helping this become the largest October weekend of all-time.

With an estimated $80 million, Sony's release of Venom into 4,250 locations not only topped the weekend box office, but it topped the previous October opening weekend record of $55.7 million set by Gravity in 2013 by over $20 million. The debut ranks ahead of the $75.8 million opening for Ant-Man and the Wasp earlier this year and just behind the $84.4 million opening for Solo: A Star Wars Story. Both films went on to gross over $210 million domestically, but before we get that far, one thing everyone will have their eye on is just how well it holds over next weekend.

Critic's reviews for Venom were largely negative while the film received a "B+" CinemaScore from opening day audiences, a score that matches the grades for both Suicide Squad and Justice League and is a notch behind the "A-" for Ant-Man and the Wasp. Of the three, Justice League's 56% second weekend drop is the best of the lot while the three carry an average second weekend drop of ~61%, which, in this case, is probably what should be expected with anything better perceived as something of a positive sign as Venom doesn't have any superhero competition in theaters until the releases of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Aquaman in December.

One interesting note is while Venom's audience was predictably male leaning at 59%, only 36% of the overall audience was 25 years of age or older. Comparatively, 46% of Ant-Man and the Wasp's audience was 25+, 46% of Suicide Squad and 69% of Justice League. In fact, Venom had a younger overall audience than even Spider-Man: Homecoming which played to an audience of which 49% was 25 years of age or older.

Internationally, Venom delivered $125.2 million from 58 markets for a record October global opening over $205 million. South Korea led all markets with an estimated $15.7 million opening, the second largest opening for Sony in the market behind Spider-Man: Homecoming's $19.1 million. Additional notable markets include Russia ($11.7m), the UK where it topped the opening weekend for Johnny English Strikes Again with an estimated $9.3 million; Mexico ($7.1m); Australia ($6.4m); Germany ($5.2m); and Brazil ($5.2m). Upcoming markets include France next weekend, Japan in early November and a release in China that is yet to be dated.

In second place is Warner Bros.'s release of A Star is Born, which delivered a hefty $41.25 million debut from 3,686 locations. Once you add the $1.35 million in grosses from early Tuesday and Wednesday sneak peeks, the film's current domestic cume stands at $42.6 million. The film's opening performance contributes to a massive overall weekend, and serves as the tenth largest October opening weekend of all-time. The film's audience was 66% female and of the overall audience 86% were 25 years of age or older. Where the film goes from here is really anyone's guess, but a lengthy run deep into awards season is certainly in the offing, fueled by strong critical reviews and audience word of mouth — the film received an "A" CinemaScore — to go along with that stellar opening.

Internationally, A Star is Born delivered $14 million from 31 markets including a $5.3 million launch in the UK along with a $2.1 million second place opening in France and a $1.9 million debut in Germany. Several markets have yet to open including South Korea (Oct 9), Italy (Oct 11), Brazil (Oct 11), Mexico (Oct 12), Australia (Oct 18) and Japan (Dec 21).

Back