Let's send a big thank you to David Walgren and ms Brazil {Donations Closed}

Would you also like to send Flowers to Dr Shafer ?

• Yes

Votes: 59 92.2%
  • NO

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
Dear Dr.Shafer,

On behalf of the global Michael Jackson fan community, we would like to thank you for all that you did for Michael, his family, friends, fans, and most importantly, for the spirit of justice. Your sincerity, integrity and honesty are deeply appreciated, and we shall forever be grateful. Thankyou from the bottom of our hearts.
Should we add this?

P.S. Please accept our deep condolences on the loss of your father.
May he rest in peace.

Sincerely,
Fans and admirers of Michael Jackson

(at MJJcommunity.com)

Last edited:
Should we add this?

P.S. Please accept our deep condolences on the loss of your father.
May he rest in peace.

Hi Vinter,
I thought about that too as I was writing the message, but decided not to include it. Our flowers are supposed to be a "Thankyou" gift to him, not a gesture expressing condolence. I have deepest sympathies for his loss, and only respect for him that he continued the testimony during that difficult time, yet I feel the two occassions (Thanks and sympahty) do not go together. It may look disrespectful towards his father if we throw in a line of condolence in a thankyou note. IMHO

I don't see why sincere regrets shoud sound disrespectful and why Teddy Bears should characterize us as crazy fanatics.
I don't agree with that. It's just a favours and remembrance that's all.
Whatever! :flowers:

I don't see why sincere regrets shoud sound disrespectful and why Teddy Bears should characterize us as crazy fanatics.
I don't agree with that. It's just a favours and remembrance that's all.
Whatever! :flowers:

Pl. read my posts regarding both your questions to know 'why'. I have already given reasons.

Love and peace...

@Ankita
I read your posts, i can read, really. But i still think so. It's nothing wrong with toys and regrets.
I'll support any idea anyway, i don't debate it 'cuz i want to sent a presents as fast as we can.
just an opinion.

I have deepest sympathies for his loss, and only respect for him that he continued the testimony during that difficult time..
That is the thing that he CONTINUED his testimony during that difficult time. That's why we are extremely thankful to him. I respect your opinion and can understand your concerns on 'thank you' and 'sympathy' on one card but unfortunately it happened exactly during his testimony and we can not be blind to it in this particular regard...

It may look disrespectful towards his father if we throw in a line of condolence in a thankyou note.
:scratch:Actually, don't see anything disrespectful.. just the opposite, we express our gratitude..

Last edited:
Ankita,your message is perfect,very touching.Thank you.

I have the highest respect and sympathy for Dr.Shafer for continuing with his testimony at such a tragic and sad time and I don't think adding condolences is disrespectful,but maybe a bit too personal.I'm never sure of how to deal with these things,it's a very delicate matter and what is appropriate for some may not be for others.He has shown he's a very sweet person,so I don't believe he would be offended,but in the same way,I think he would know how grateful we are to him even if we don't mention his loss in our note.I don't know..any choice you make is fine to me.

I asked Angela about this and she told me to post here.I know the funds are limited and I would have found normal to only include Dr. Shafer because of that,as he provided the most vital testimony and was on the stand for several days,while going through the death of his father.We're thanking Dr.Steinberg too - and rightly so,cause he was fantastic - but is there any reason we're excluding Dr. Kamangar? It seems a bit odd to let the one remaining expert out of our appreciation.
What do you all think?

If you still need somebody to send the payment through, I'm happy to do it.

Also since we have plenty of money, we should send some to Dr. Kamangar as well.

Angela, where are you dear?

I'm with Selene regarding Dr.Kamangar, if we have the funds that is.

U could always send some flowers to ucla for cooper and the other dr as a thanks for their testimony and for doing what they could

As i remember we were talking about presents for doctors and Dr.Kamangar was included. But later we couldn't find actual addresses of Dr. Sheifer and Dr. Steinberg so we just forgot about Dr.Kamangar. But if we have enough money we should thank him too. He did a brilliat job to debunk the most defence's theorys. I was listening to him and felt very sorry why Michael didn't met this doctor rather than Murray. Of course we should thank him too!
But we need to research his address is it actual before sending :)

I'm sorry I've been away with my family all day although I don't think that I need to apologyze for that.
I'm going to try and fit in your message now Ankita.

Edit: I can only fit in:

Dear Dr.Shafer,

On behalf of the global Michael Jackson fan community, we would like to thank you for all that you did for Michael, his family, friends, fans, and most importantly, for the spirit of justice. Your sincerity,

So it has to be shorter.

Last edited:
Hi Angela, hope you had a nice time with your family!

About the space, may I ask if the space is limited by number of characters(as counted by a computer) or is it a space provided where you have to fit in with a pen?

I'm assuming its the former(computer). If so, you could try deleting the space between Dr. Shafer and the first word of the letter which is "On"

It'd appear like this-

Dear Dr.Shafer,
On behalf of the global Michael Jackson fan community, we would like to thank you for all that you did for Michael, his family, friends, fans, and most importantly, for the spirit of justice. Your sincerity, integrity and honesty are deeply appreciated, and we shall forever be grateful. Thankyou from the bottom of our hearts.
Sincerely,
Fans and admirers of Michael Jackson

(at MJJcommunity.com)

I'm sorry I've been away with my family all day although I don't think that I need to apologyze for that.
I'm going to try and fit in your message now Ankita.

Edit: I can only fit in:

Dear Dr.Shafer,

On behalf of the global Michael Jackson fan community, we would like to thank you for all that you did for Michael, his family, friends, fans, and most importantly, for the spirit of justice. Your sincerity,

So it has to be shorter.

Hi Angela,

I checked out by writing in that box. This fits in perfectly!
:)

Dear Dr. Shafer,

W
e shall forever be grateful for all that you did for Michael, his family, friends, fans, and most importantly, for the spirit of justice. Thankyou!

Sincerely,

MJJCommunity.com

PS- Pl. make sure you do not miss out the commas when you write in, coz there are many, and all necessary :D
Thanks!

Dr. Shafer has just confirmed to me that he got our plant. This is what he wrote.

Today I received a lovely plant from MJJCommunity. No gift was necessary – I was happy to testify simply out of principle. Nevertheless, the plant is lovely, and very much appreciated. Thank you for your kindness.

Dr. Shafer is a wonderful person. Thank you so much Dr. Shafer again :heart:

ivy;3552807 said:
Dr. Shafer has just confirmed to me that he got our plant. This is what he wrote.

Today I received a lovely plant from MJJCommunity. No gift was necessary – I was happy to testify simply out of principle. Nevertheless, the plant is lovely, and very much appreciated. Thank you for your kindness.

He's sooo sweeet! Can't believe there are people like him in a real world. Love him!

This man is so sweet and humble :flowers:, not like a certain Dr White ... !

Angie :heart: sorry to ask you this again but what about the flowers for Michael ? if you need again my details to do it, don't hesitate. Just let me know ;)

i know im late.. but did Walgren and Brazil receive their flowers???

Aww how sweet! I saw he agreed to the Q&A I love that man :)

Yes he did - Vinter was aware of our Q&A plans. I had emailed him asking if he'd do it. He said yes and included a thank you for the flowers as well.

Back