Let's talk about this amazing movie! (SPOILERS!)

For a supposed "spoiler" thread, you guys aren't spoiling too much! Go into MORE detail!.........please?! :) Oh, and why have none of you mentioned Bad or Thriller!?

Well, Bad is about just what we saw in the trailer last week

Thriller.. OMG!! Thriller is so AWESOME! There are no words to describe the genius of it all. the film done for this, the costumes, the spiders, the little bit of Threatened (unfortunately no vocals in it)

Thriller had me jumping on my seat of excitment!

The Smooth Criminal mini film made for the concert... damn, I felt back in 1988 too! It was just great he looked just aww!

No final costumes, but in a scene, Michael is waering a glittering gold jacket.. My god he's never looked that good!!! *faints*

In I just can't stop loving you, just the way he touches to chorist, holds her and touches her again, daaaaaaaamn! And the vocal, ah! the vocals, I got gosebumps!

This man was perfect in everyway! EVERYWAY!

It was so silent in the theather at the opening when text was scrolling everyone was reading it. You could hear a pin drop. Everyone was so into the movie. I never been with a crowd in a movie like that before.:wub:

For a supposed "spoiler" thread, you guys aren't spoiling too much! Go into MORE detail!.........please?! :) Oh, and why have none of you mentioned Bad or Thriller!?

Hehehe....I was thinking the same thing actually. We need to get down to some of the "nitty-gritty" lol

Unfortunately, Bad wasn't really performed in the movie. There were snippets, but no performance of Bad. There was also the intro to Another Part of Me, but not the song.

Thriller was awesome. They created a really really creepy video for the big-screen on stage and it was made in 3-d and they also had floating ghosts and ghouls that were going to fly above the crowd. MJ's performance of Thriller was great. His vocals and dancing were top-notch.

It's a difficult movie to explain.... they really took footage from all of the rehearsals and blended them together to create complete versions of the songs that were to be in the show.. they also interspersed bits of footage from some of the graphic video and images they were going to use for each song to give it a bit more complete look. Between the songs were clips of the dancers, clips of the musicians talking about working with Michael and clips of Michael just reheasing trying to instruct the band and tell them what he wanted from them. There were also some cute moments with Kenny, Mike on the cherry picker, Mike and Judith, Mike and Orianthi. Almost every song was live... They did a wonderful job putting it together.

Wow. That the most honest representation of Michael I've seen from a documentary or anything ever. He's funny, he's adorable, he's shy, he's in charge, he's brilliant, he's creative, artistic, almost otherworldly, he's love. We all knew that, of course, I'm just glad it's *finally* being shown to the world on the scale that it deserves to be. I want every single person (especially the haters!) in the whole world to see this movie. It's nothing like everything else that's always tried to paint him in whatever way would be most beneficial to them. This simply shows him as he is. I hope this is WILDLY successful, because that would open the doors for a real, honest, beautiful documentary on his life. I hope the media is taking notes. This film is beautiful. I can't wait to see it again and again.

I can't even find the words... That was perfection, pure and simple. Nobody seemed more ready to take on the world than Michael, just astounding.

My personal highlights...

- The end of IJCSLY when Judith and Michael battled it out vocally, phenomenal.

- At the conclusion of the J5 songs, he said he was trying to conserve his voice and then just made those vocal runs like I've never heard.

- The amazing side slide moonwalk thing he did during WBSS / Billie Jean

- Human Nature, Bad, Beat It, Earth Song

- All of the amazing Dome sequences--the Thriller sequence would have been OUT OF THIS WORLD in 3D especially with that huge spider that literally came out of the screen at the end.

Really, I found not a single fault in the entire film. Nobody moved after the film was over, it was deafening silent in the theater--followed by cheers and those wondering when they could get the DVD. To me it was as if Michael went back in time a good 15 years and his voice was really better than ever--so many songs he sang live and impromptu.

Hehehe....I was thinking the same thing actually. We need to get down to some of the "nitty-gritty" lol

Unfortunately, Bad wasn't really performed in the movie. There were snippets, but no performance of Bad. There was also the intro to Another Part of Me, but not the song.

Thriller was awesome. They created a really really creepy video for the big-screen on stage and it was made in 3-d and they also had floating ghosts and ghouls that were going to fly above the crowd. MJ's performance of Thriller was great. His vocals and dancing were top-notch.

OMG!! Smooth Criminal opening was :clapping: incredible. Thriller incredible as well.

I was soooooooo focus on MJ...... I just can't remember a lot of stuff. Its like I am in a daze.

I repeat... the vocals was PERFECT!!!

what else??

I like on Black or White he was telling the lady to do the high note and have her time to shine.:punk:

It's a difficult movie to explain.... they really took footage from all of the rehearsals and blended them together to create complete versions of the songs that were to be in the show.. they also interspersed bits of footage from some of the graphic video and images they were going to use for each song to give it a bit more complete look. Between the songs were clips of the dancers, clips of the musicians talking about working with Michael and clips of Michael just reheasing trying to instruct the band and tell them what he wanted from them. There were also some cute moments with Kenny, Mike on the cherry picker, Mike and Judith, Mike and Orianthi. Almost every song was live... They did a wonderful job putting it together.
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Wow. That the most honest representation of Michael I've seen from a documentary or anything ever. He's funny, he's adorable, he's shy, he's in charge, he's brilliant, he's creative, artistic, almost otherworldly, he's love. We all knew that, of course, I'm just glad it's *finally* being shown to the world on the scale that it deserves to be. I want every single person (especially the haters!) in the whole world to see this movie. It's nothing like everything else that's always tried to paint him in whatever way would be most beneficial to them. This simply shows him as he is. I hope this is WILDLY successful, because that would open the doors for a real, honest, beautiful documentary on his life. I hope the media is taking notes. This film is beautiful. I can't wait to see it again and again.
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I like on Black or White he was telling the lady to do the high note and have her time to shine.:punk:

That was cool. And those guitar solos on Black or White and Beat It were great too. I liked that "guitar battle" between that dude and Orianthi (sp?)

In My cinema they clapped after every song and after the frist piece of writing came on by Kenny. Kenny and the lead singer was there to open the movie. There was the red carpet and the movie shown in the Nokia theatre for the Celebs.
Michael was the man!! he was in full control, he knows his music and sounds and knows what he wants from everyone. He told the Guitarist Orianthi how to play and what he wanted, he told her it is her time to shine now..How humble is this man. I refuse to think that with all that smile and love he has for the earth and everyone that he is gone? Nope! I do not believe that such a Genius can leave us.

I have to go and see this movie many more times.
In La the audience clapped after every song and laughed at every joke. Even when Kenny told Michael to hold on..it was funny. Thriller was good. It would of blown away everyone at the concert.
Michael said he "I will feel it" aww! Love him so much. after the movie, in the lobby there was the media filming and interviewing people. Everyone loved the movie.

I can't even find the words... That was perfection, pure and simple. Nobody seemed more ready to take on the world than Michael, just astounding.

My personal highlights...

- The end of IJCSLY when Judith and Michael battled it out vocally, phenomenal.

- At the conclusion of the J5 songs, he said he was trying to conserve his voice and then just made those vocal runs like I've never heard.

- The amazing side slide moonwalk thing he did during WBSS / Billie Jean

- Human Nature, Bad, Beat It, Earth Song

- All of the amazing Dome sequences--the Thriller sequence would have been OUT OF THIS WORLD in 3D especially with that huge spider that literally came out of the screen at the end.

Really, I found not a single fault in the entire film. Nobody moved after the film was over, it was deafening silent in the theater--followed by cheers and those wondering when they could get the DVD. To me it was as if Michael went back in time a good 15 years and his voice was really better than ever--so many songs he sang live and impromptu.

Major kudos for remembering everything. And you are absolutely correct.

IJCSLY was sooooooooooooooooo (whats the word? ) PERFECT!!!! PHENOMENAL!! AWESOME!!!

My This Is It Review - Contains slight spoilers

I just came back from the theater and so I'll quickly give my thoughts on this, and this is just my personal perception :)

For the fans that have said that they'd love to see more live vocals instead of all the dancing, this is the closest you'll get to that, this is what you've been asking for.

First off it's important for people to remember that this was only rehearsals, and different stages of rehearsals. Not all the stages are done, not all songs are perfectly rehearsed and there are not slick polished dance moves overrall (no moonwalks or massive spins or anything). What you do get is vocals. Awesome, awesome live vocals, in a way that i've never heard before in a live setting, except maybe the Bad tour. His voice is strong, and sounds just like his records, simply amazing. There are those who argued that songs like Smooth Criminal weren't live, but lipsynced, which was mostly based on clips we've seen. After seeing the whole thing, I can assure you that all songs are live. There are places were some backing is in place, but there are still parts that are live with that. What might confuse you is the fact that his voice simply sounds THAT good :)

The concepts were simply amazing, from the re-imagined sequences for Smooth Criminal, Thriller and Earth Song, to the awesome city backdrop with dancers climbing it, to the concept for the Earth Song stage opening up, to to luminating Billy Jean jacket, the massively glittering gold pants, the list goes on!. It seemed the clothing was still a work in progress, as Michael used different outfits at times, probalby seeing how it worked an felt.

Which brings me to the man himself. I absolutely love how they showed Michael the way they did, with all his different facets. I went with a group of friends who generally aren't huge fans like myself, so they were so surprised to see his side of him, the simply michael jackson side, the non-tabloid side, the normal side. They couldn't believe how funny he could be, at times he absolutely had the audience in stitches with his deadpan commentary or little moves. I'm so glad they really included this, because it's such a big part of Michael and shows so much of what kind of gentle spirit he is. Even his firm comments and impatiience would be quickly followed by a remark that made sure they all knew he wasn't yelling at them...it was endearing to say the least. We also see the perfectionist, the guy who's hard on himself, the guy who works himself to the bone. He's thin, no doubt about it, and seems at times to be stressed and jittery and tired and slurry, which is not strange for someone buidling this kind of supershow. If there were other reasons, it really doesn't matter. This Is It about the show and how he goes about pulling it together alongside his team of talented workers and artists.

It's simply a great process to see, for the fans as well as the general public. I hope it'll do well. It deserves it. I'm sure I missed some stuff, and others will surely fill in the blanks. I just think it's an absolut winner, as long as you're not expecting some massive finished concert.

Thanks Dave & TSCM for going into more detail! :) Just read that Mike did not Moonwalk during the film!!!!!? I am shocked! I can picture him doing a little slide type of deal similar to the Dangerous Tour rehearsals, but NO Moonwalk at all!?

LoL, yeah, I'm pretty much in a daze still. I'm just letting it all wash over me right now. Enjoying this feeling he gave me. Trying to keep it before I get too sad and it turns sour. Pure love is what I'm feeling right now. L-o-v-e-, Michael.

I'll rack my brain tomorrow for every little detail and try to write a thorough review.

Re: My This Is It Review - Contains slight spoilers

*claps*

Great review. You're right on with everything here.

Thanks Dave & TSCM for going into more detail! :) Just read that Mike did not Moonwalk during the film!!!!!? I am shocked! I can picture him doing a little slide type of deal similar to the Dangerous Tour rehearsals, but NO Moonwalk at all!?

Eh...well...that's not completely true. He did kinda do a "little" moonwalk. Or at least he started to. Regardless, Billie Jean was excellent I assure you. :)

Speaking of Billie Jean....that shirt he was wearing was cool. It reminded me of his '84 award show band jackets.

The Zombies in Thriller were funny and scary.But seeing it in 3D would blow you away. It was lot of work. Michael was there saying what he liked and what to changed. I like when the Russian woman was telling the dancers about the Grotch Grabbing, it was hilarious.
Who finds faults in this movie is sick in the head..
Michael knows when the beat is not right, you cannot fool this man. he is unlike any other performer/singer/dancer.
It is so true there will never be another Michael ever..

I just came back from the theater and so I'll quickly give my thoughts on this, and this is just my personal perception :)

For the fans that have said that they'd love to see more live vocals instead of all the dancing, this is the closest you'll get to that, this is what you've been asking for.

First off it's important for people to remember that this was only rehearsals, and different stages of rehearsals. Not all the stages are done, not all songs are perfectly rehearsed and there are not slick polished dance moves overrall (no moonwalks or massive spins or anything). What you do get is vocals. Awesome, awesome live vocals, in a way that i've never heard before in a live setting, except maybe the Bad tour. His voice is strong, and sounds just like his records, simply amazing. There are those who argued that songs like Smooth Criminal weren't live, but lipsynced, which was mostly based on clips we've seen. After seeing the whole thing, I can assure you that all songs are live. There are places were some backing is in place, but there are still parts that are live with that. What might confuse you is the fact that his voice simply sounds THAT good :)

The concepts were simply amazing, from the re-imagined sequences for Smooth Criminal, Thriller and Earth Song, to the awesome city backdrop with dancers climbing it, to the concept for the Earth Song stage opening up, to to luminating Billy Jean jacket, the massively glittering gold pants, the list goes on!. It seemed the clothing was still a work in progress, as Michael used different outfits at times, probalby seeing how it worked an felt.

Which brings me to the man himself. I absolutely love how they showed Michael the way they did, with all his different facets. I went with a group of friends who generally aren't huge fans like myself, so they were so surprised to see his side of him, the simply michael jackson side, the non-tabloid side, the normal side. They couldn't believe how funny he could be, at times he absolutely had the audience in stitches with his deadpan commentary or little moves. I'm so glad they really included this, because it's such a big part of Michael and shows so much of what kind of gentle spirit he is. Even his firm comments and impatiience would be quickly followed by a remark that made sure they all knew he wasn't yelling at them...it was endearing to say the least. We also see the perfectionist, the guy who's hard on himself, the guy who works himself to the bone. He's thin, no doubt about it, and seems at times to be stressed and jittery and tired and slurry, which is not strange for someone buidling this kind of supershow. If there were other reasons, it really doesn't matter. This Is It about the show and how he goes about pulling it together alongside his team of talented workers and artists.

It's simply a great process to see, for the fans as well as the general public. I hope it'll do well. It deserves it. I'm sure I missed some stuff, and others will surely fill in the blanks. I just think it's an absolut winner, as long as you're not expecting some massive finished concert.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I don't think you missed any points.

Just got back home from watching "This Is It" and I'm itching to talk to people about it.

If you've seen it, what did you think?

The "Dome Project" videos they made were insanely cool. Especially liked the Smooth Criminal b&w movie thing.

Billie Jean was the personal highlight of the film for me. And Earth Song literally gave me goosebumps.

Yeah, smooth criminal was so cooooooooool. Wow, I had do scream when I saw it. This movie is a GREAT MASTERPIECE of all time. I love it.
Love you, Michael!

I also want to add that the way they started the movie with those commentaries by some of the dancers was brilliant. It felt like I was watching an actual fictional movie about young dancers moving to the big city to catch their big break, lol.

thank you :wub:
really great review

I also want to add that the way they started the movie with those commentaries by some of the dancers was brilliant. It felt like I was watching an actual fictional movie about young dancers moving to the big city to catch their big break, lol.

Yeah I got that same feeling from it. It looked like some drama movie or something.

I also liked how they started the concert part of the movie with the robot opening like Michael wanted.

YEAHHH SPOILERS are ok here

I just can't get out of my head that Billie Jean part where he's doing the hip thing in slow motion.. it's just stuck in my head now and I just can't wait tomorrow to see it again

Other than that, the I just can't stop loving you is SO INTENSE! Gawd! He's touching her in a way...oh god! Starting of beat it, when he scream at the beginning, we all respomded creaming too in the theater, MAGIC!

And the rest just blew away all my expectations.

This was perfect. Thank you Michael, thank you soooo much!

IJCSLY was also very impressive. Michael was so cute.

Back