Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

Re: Madonna

the many transformations of madonna... amazing! I hope she does another r&b type album instead of this politically correct bull$hit shes been doing.

Not to be argumentative, but that's what the last album was (Hard Candy) so
I don't see her revisiting it again. It was old school R&B influenced and it turned out to be her best pure pop album in years. I know there are critics, but I loved it. I can listen and enjoy the album all the way though. There are only two songs I find to be a little weak.

"Ray of Light" is a masterpiece and so is "Music". The best two albums.
This music could come out today and still would rock the world like crazy, that's how amazing it is. Not comparable to "Hard Candy", as much as I like this album.

"Ray of Light" is a masterpiece and so is "Music". The best two albums.
This music could come out today and still would rock the world like crazy, that's how amazing it is. Not comparable to "Hard Candy", as much as I like this album.

Music is her worst album ever (despite it containing two of her best singles ever) way too pinch and melody free. That's what I love about Hard Candy, pure accessible pop.

Music is her worst album ever (despite it containing two of her best singles ever) way too pinch and melody free. That's what I love about Hard Candy, pure accessible pop.

I agree with you to some extend, but I like the rest of the songs too. Whereas "Music" is not as easy to listen to as "Hard Candy", musically it's much more interesting, at least to me. The production is quite experimental, at least for a mainstream album.
Most of the songs are very mechanical, just like the "futuristic" part of Vince, but I like them better. The sound is clear (good mixing compared to Vince) and while a lot of them lack melody, the beats are much more enjoyable.

"Ray of Light", "Music" and "American Life" are imo her best three albums, "RoL" being the best of all she's released.

Last edited:

I agree with you to some extend, but I like the rest of the songs too. Whereas "Music" is not as easy to listen to as "Hard Candy", musically it's much more interesting, at least to me. The production is quite experimental, at least for a mainstream album.
Most of the songs are very mechanical, just like the "futuristic" part of Vince, but I like them better. The sound is clear (good mixing compared to Vince) and while a lot of them lack melody, the beats are much more enjoyable.

"Ray of Light", "Music" and "American Life" are imo her best three albums, "RoL" being the best of all she's released.

I'm all for experimental that's why I adore American Life. But Music was too poncy and hard going. It was worth it though for the title track and Don't Tell Me, two of her best songs ever.

AmLife has it all though, superb production, great lyrics and above all fab melodies.

Not to be argumentative, but that's what the last album was (Hard Candy) so
I don't see her revisiting it again. It was old school R&B influenced and it turned out to be her best pure pop album in years. I know there are critics, but I loved it. I can listen and enjoy the album all the way though. There are only two songs I find to be a little weak.

No no no I don't want to be argumentative either! lol. I was just saying this techno stuff is getting old & this political correct crap is crap. I have never heard Hard Candy so I can't say either way. No arguing! :yes:

No no no I don't want to be argumentative either! lol. I was just saying this techno stuff is getting old & this political correct crap is crap. I have never heard Hard Candy so I can't say either way. No arguing! :yes:

Well, you said you wanted another R&B album, so there ya go! Give Hard Candy a listen. You may be pleasantly surprised. The album itself is nothing like "4 Minutes" (in case that is a turn off). It was a return to the 80's Madonna. Hard Candy is mostly an album about fun pop songs tinged with R&B and melodies like she did back in the day. I really enjoyed it.

Oh, and in reference to those talking about Madonna's best albums... here are my picks for top 5 (in no particular order):

1. American Life
2. Music
3. Ray Of Light
4. Confessions On A Dance Floor
5. Hard Candy

Notice that her modern albums are my favorites? I'm a fan that has always felt she gets better with age.

What about Drowned World / Substitute for Love? That one is my all time favorite song from Ray...

Agree with the top Travis's post. Any fan if Madonna's 80s work would love Hard Candy. It's pure throwback.

Top 5 albums for me at the moment are:

American Life
Hard Candy
I'm Breathless
Erotica
Like A Prayer

I don't think I've listened to True Blue for 20 years! The singles were good (bar the title track) but l don't think she became a true album artist until much later.

I don't think I've listened to True Blue for 20 years! The singles were good (bar the title track) but l don't think she became a true album artist until much later.

I think "Like A Prayer" is when Madonna stepped it up as an album artist, though it wasn't until "Erotica" that she absolutely nailed it.

^ yeah true. LAP was when the critics really sat up and began to take notice. And rightly so. The title track is still one of the best songs of all time.

October 25, 2010

Madonna To Open "Hard Candy" Fitness Centers Around The World

MADONNA TO OPEN HARD CANDY FITNESS CENTERS AROUND THE WORLD - First To Open in Mexico City - Madonna To Attend Opening on November 29 - Enrollment Center Now Open For Memberships

October 25, 2010 (Mexico City) – Madonna in partnership with her manager Guy Oseary and New Evolution Ventures (NEV) announced the establishment of Hard Candy Fitness global gyms which will open in major cities around the world. The first Hard Candy Fitness is a beautiful and uniquely designed 30,000 square foot space which is scheduled to open in Mexico City mid November in the exclusive Bosques de las Lomas area. Madonna will be visiting the gym on the 29th of November for the official launch.

Throughout her career Madonna has been devoted to fitness and well being and has worked out in literally hundreds of gyms around the world. As a result, she has a strong vision on what the ideal exercise, dancing and work out environment should be. The direction for how to bring that vision to the fitness world began to take shape during an initial meeting between Mark Mastrov, the innovator behind 24 Hour Fitness and Guy Oseary early in 2008. Mastrov has built a fitness empire of over 420 clubs in 16 countries. Mastrov, his partner Jim Rowley of NEV, Craig Pepin-Donat, the Vice President of Marketing and Development, along with Madonna and Oseary, are now in the planning stages of opening 10 more locations in Russia, Brazil, Argentina and throughout Europe and Asia. In addition, they are currently exploring opportunities and local partnerships around the globe for facilities where fitness, fashion and entertainment create a unique member experience.“Madonna’s world tours have taken us to many of our favorite cities around the world. We are looking forward to opening Hard Candy Fitness with NEV in many of these same places,” commented Oseary. “Our goal is to create an environment inspired by Madonna’s vision and high standards of what the ideal gym would be. Hard Candy Fitness will be a reflection of Madonna's point of view and will reflect her input on every detail including music space, light and other design cues. Madonna’s touch will be everywhere.” stated NEV Chairman Mark Mastrov.

Chris Dedicik, Hard Candy’s Managing Director commented, “Hard Candy Fitness is a one of a kind experience merging fitness with entertainment. We are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our members.” Hard Candy Fitness members will experience the very best in innovative training methods including private, group and dynamic training including traditional classes such as Zumba, Latin Moves and Cardio Kickboxing as well as new programming designed specifically for Hard Candy Fitness. The fitness center will also include a Bike Studio, a Mind Body Studio featuring The Great Wall, where members can practice BarWorks, Sculpting, Capoeria and the newest trends in Yoga. It will also house a healthy alternative Juice Bar/Cafe. The lavish locker rooms built with the finest materials will be a sanctuary for members who will be able to relax in sauna and steam rooms. Members will also benefit from state of the art cardiovascular equipment with personal viewing screens, more than 60 pieces of strength equipment / free weights and the best group fitness, functional training accessories and brands including PreCor, Hoist, Free Motion, Nautilus, Hammer Strength, StarTrac, AbCoaster, and TRX suspension training. For membership information, visit the enrollment center at Bosque de Duraznos 47, Bosques de las Lomas or call +52 55 5245 7550.

About New Evolution (NEV) - Based in Northern California, New Evolution Ventures (NEV) has a two-decade plus record of success delivering superior returns on investment in the acquisition, development, management and operation within the fitness industry, both domestically and internationally. Founded in 2008 by Mark Mastrov and Jim Rowley, the current team of NEV professionals represent over a century of experience working in a broad sector of health, wellness, sports, entertainment and fitness and have operations and investments in over 20 countries around the world.
http://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-to-open-hard-candy-fitness-centers-around-the-world

Brazil!!!!!!! :wild:

howwwww!! Then they should do one in Chile. I mean, Brazil, Argentina.... why not Chile? :)

on other things, I was watching some of her videos today, and I just came across this one. So looooongggg ago!!! Awesome. Her development as an artist, the evolution of the show, her music... but the same attitude and the same Madonna!

The Queen. Period.

:clapping:

howwwww!! Then they should do one in Chile. I mean, Brazil, Argentina.... why not Chile? :)

It is quite possible! :wild:

on other things, I was watching some of her videos today, and I just came across this one. So looooongggg ago!!! Awesome. Her development as an artist, the evolution of the show, her music... but the same attitude and the same Madonna!

The Queen. Period.

:clapping:

Yes! I love the video! :wild:

[youtube]bTDyNrR5bLY[/youtube]

And Blond Ambition Tour

[youtube]of67iqToVf4[/youtube]

Perfect!!! :clapping: :wild:

Elton John has recently spoken about Lady Gaga being "the next big thing" and they are working on an album together. How can he like her, though... After all of the shit he's said about Madonna?

Gaga is only walking under The Queen's shadow; everyone knows that. Elton is the biggest hypocrite.

Elton John has recently spoken about Lady Gaga being "the next big thing" and they are working on an album together. How can he like her, though... After all of the shit he's said about Madonna?

Gaga is only walking under The Queen's shadow; everyone knows that. Elton is the biggest hypocrite.

Very true. He must like her better because she plays the piano like him. Haha! I have nothing against Gaga, but everything she has done is a literal page out of Madonna's handbook. She's playing a lazy game that is 3 decades old. Again, nothing against her at all but Madonna deserves more credit than than she gets. I hate it that it's gonna take her passing before she is viewed as the legendary megastar that she is.

Again, nothing against her at all but Madonna deserves more credit than than she gets. I hate it that it's gonna take her passing before she is viewed as the legendary megastar that she is.

Really, you make a good point here. I totally agree with you. You might like or dislike her, but no one can't deny the FACT that she is really very important in pop music. Maybe the problem might that for so long she based her career in her talks/chats/pics/books mainly in sex just for the sake of sex. Years ago that was quite shocking, but eventually it turned into the common thing which music nowdays dealing mainly with sex for the sake of sex.

well... I don't know, I am not in a position to make a good opinion on this, please take that into account :D

News about Madonna

Logo Hard Candy Fitness

fitness.jpg

fitness2.jpg

And promotional poster for Hard Candy Fitness....

cartaz.jpg

Rare picture of 1989 appeared.... Madonna having fun at a party at the home of Herb Ritts in Malibu surrounded by Tony Ward, William Kendell and Mark Findlay:

herbritts3.jpg

Book of Herb Ritts > "The Golden Hour":

herbritts.jpg

herbritts2peq.jpg

New album (?)

album2.jpg

Book: "Madonna, the route of a legend" will be released on Saturday, December 11, 2010 and contains 288 pages of beautiful photographs depicting the trajectory of Madonna, singer, actress, fashion icon and humanitarian.

All profits from the sale of this book will go to the Raising Malawi Foundation, Madonna's foundation.

lenda.jpg

More: http://madonnalitinerairedunelegende.hautetfort.com/

Grammy Awards 2011: The Sticky & Sweet Tour of Madonna, was nominated for the 2011 Grammy Awards in the category of Best Long Form Music Video (Best music video long form). Throughout her career, Madonna has won seven Grammys and won 28 nominations.

The ceremony takes place at the Staples Center, Los Angeles on February 13, 2011.

grammy.jpg

grammy2.jpg

:wild:

Woah. Those pictures of Madonna are beautiful. :love:

If you're on Tumblr, follow these accounts if you're not already: themadgesty, madonnaciccone, fuckyeahitsmadonna and candyperfume.

It's about time she got more love on these micro-blogging websites! She is still so relevant today.

Woah. Those pictures of Madonna are beautiful. :love:

If you're on Tumblr, follow these accounts if you're not already: themadgesty, madonnaciccone, fuckyeahitsmadonna and candyperfume.

It's about time she got more love on these micro-blogging websites! She is still so relevant today.

I'm still not in Tumblr, but I'll be there. :wild: Thanks for the accounts. :)

I'm glad that Madonna has finally found her place in movies (behind the camera). Her directorial debut movie (Filth And Wisdom) was very well received. She's truly the reigning pop culture icon.

I'm glad that Madonna has finally found her place in movies (behind the camera). Her directorial debut movie (Filth And Wisdom) was very well received. She's truly the reigning pop culture icon.

Yes....

I remember about the documentary I am because we are...

[youtube]h3awaN0nOwQ[/youtube]

http://www.iambecauseweare.com/

I remember at that time, in university talking to my teacher, she talked about the documentary and spoke highly of Madonna. But showing big disappointment, because the press did not talk much about it. And it was true. Once the documentary was released, I bought the dvd at Amazon. He makes you cry from beginning to end. The press did not talk much about it and even the Madonna fans (I really do not remember seeing fans talking too much about him) did not speak. Madonna did a great job seriously, but unfortunately went unnoticed and yet, the world/some people have a very distorted view about Madonna. :(

I hope W.E. is great. I was wondering about the soundtrack.... A new song by Madonna for the movie? Let's see. I'm looking forward to it. :wild:

Back