Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

Re: Madonna

Her first interview with Ellen!!

I would love to hang out iwht madonna everyday!!!

Last edited:

Today has been one of the hardest and sadest days in my years loving Michael. I couldn't help but to think of this speech.
Thank you, Madonna. You were totally right. I know many would not agree with me on this, but who cares anymore. For me, this is the truth of what the systemd did to Michael.
I miss you so much, Michael. So much.....

:weeping:

November 08, 2010

Madonna To Appear On “Ellen” Tomorrow

Madonna fans, make sure to watch The “Ellen Show” on Tuesday as our girl is to have a chat with Ellen about some important issues!

This will be Madonna’s first interview with Ellen De Generes since her 2006 post Grammy performance!

Please check your TV listings for local airtime.
http://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-to-appear-on-ellen-tomorrow

[youtube]F-9HLGEaqV0[/youtube]

large.jpg

November 05, 2010

Madonna Attends 5th Annual Fashion Delivers Gala

On November 3rd, Madonna attended the 5th Annual Fashion Delivers Gala, which was held at New York’s Waldorf Astoria.

Our girl presented an award to philanthropist Neil Cole, President of the Iconix Brand Group, who’s long list of philanthropic efforts include his organization the Candies Foundation, as well as Raising Malawi.

The mission of the Fashion Delivers foundation is to mobilize the fashion community to reach out and affect the world through their donations of new products from the men's, women's and home industries. Donations provide relief and dignity to women, men, families and survivors of natural disasters.

For more info about Fashion Delivers, just click here. > http://www.fashiondelivers.org/FD/FASHION_DELIVERS.html
http://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-attends-5th-annual-fashion-delivers-gala

PCR;3059312 said:
Today has been one of the hardest and sadest days in my years loving Michael. I couldn't help but to think of this speech.
Thank you, Madonna. You were totally right. I know many would not agree with me on this, but who cares anymore. For me, this is the truth of what the systemd did to Michael.
I miss you so much, Michael. So much.....

:weeping:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dg0c5DWmb88?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dg0c5DWmb88?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:(

God, I cried a lot that day with the words of Madonna. All she said was so true. :cry:

Hey PCR... >>> :hug: :give_heart:

Yes, Madonna's speech at the 2009 VMAs was the whole truth and nothing but. I still get goosebumps when I watch it now.

-

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651857/20101109/madonna.jhtml

Madonna Urges End To Bullying On 'Ellen DeGeneres Show'

Singer said she is 'incredibly disturbed' by rash of recent teen suicides.

Madonna became the latest star to speak out against bullying on Tuesday (November 9) when she appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" to spread a message of love and understanding.

"I'm incredibly disturbed and saddened by the overwhelming number of teen suicides that have been reported lately because of bullying," she said of the recent spate of suicides that have inspired a number of anti-bullying efforts, including MTV's "Love Is Louder" campaign. "Suicide in general is disturbing, but to hear that teenagers are taking their lives because they are being bullied in schools and dormitories, what have you, is kind of unfathomable."

Praising her gay fans and saying she wouldn't have a career without them, Madonna said she has had ongoing discussions with her teenage daughter, Lourdes, about the subject and that she felt compelled to speak out.

Wearing a black shirt and black pants, Madonna spoke to Ellen via remote hookup from New York and said it was an understatement to say she felt different and alienated as a teenager. "I never felt like I fit in at school," she said. "I wasn't a jock, I wasn't an intellectual. There was never a group I felt like I fit in with. I was a weirdo." She credited a gay dance teacher for encouraging her to feel good about herself and helping her to find a place in life.

Saying teens need someone they can talk to &#8212; a teacher, parent, counselor &#8212; Madonna urged parents to pay more attention to bullying and speak to their children about it. She said Lourdes recently came to her to talk about a bully at her school who was making homophonic remarks about other students. "Usually when people are bullying someone, they are afraid of the unknown ... or they've been bullied themselves," she said, comparing the bullying and persecution of gay teens to the lynching of blacks or the extermination of Jews by the Nazis.

"We talk a lot about the importance of not judging people who are different," she said of what she talks about with her kids. "Not judging people who don't fit into our expected view of what's cool and what isn't. Think about it across the board."

By judging someone, she said, you're setting yourself up to be judged. "I think it would be interesting for everybody to try one simple experiment," she suggested. "If you want to talk about solutions or how can we solve this problem, try to get through the day, each and every one of us, without gossiping about somebody. Without gossiping about anybody. And not only that &#8212; not even listening to gossip. Walking away from it. Can you imagine what your day would be like? How much more free time you'd have? I also feel like you'd feel a lot better about yourself."

5 1 0 More »
| Comment On This Article
Madonna on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday
Photo: NBC

MORE ON MADONNA

Shamonee;3062192 said:
Yes, Madonna's speech at the 2009 VMAs was the whole truth and nothing but. I still get goosebumps when I watch it now.

-

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651857/20101109/madonna.jhtml

Madonna Urges End To Bullying On 'Ellen DeGeneres Show'

Singer said she is 'incredibly disturbed' by rash of recent teen suicides.

Madonna became the latest star to speak out against bullying on Tuesday (November 9) when she appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" to spread a message of love and understanding.

"I'm incredibly disturbed and saddened by the overwhelming number of teen suicides that have been reported lately because of bullying," she said of the recent spate of suicides that have inspired a number of anti-bullying efforts, including MTV's "Love Is Louder" campaign. "Suicide in general is disturbing, but to hear that teenagers are taking their lives because they are being bullied in schools and dormitories, what have you, is kind of unfathomable."

Praising her gay fans and saying she wouldn't have a career without them, Madonna said she has had ongoing discussions with her teenage daughter, Lourdes, about the subject and that she felt compelled to speak out.

Wearing a black shirt and black pants, Madonna spoke to Ellen via remote hookup from New York and said it was an understatement to say she felt different and alienated as a teenager. "I never felt like I fit in at school," she said. "I wasn't a jock, I wasn't an intellectual. There was never a group I felt like I fit in with. I was a weirdo." She credited a gay dance teacher for encouraging her to feel good about herself and helping her to find a place in life.

Saying teens need someone they can talk to &#8212; a teacher, parent, counselor &#8212; Madonna urged parents to pay more attention to bullying and speak to their children about it. She said Lourdes recently came to her to talk about a bully at her school who was making homophonic remarks about other students. "Usually when people are bullying someone, they are afraid of the unknown ... or they've been bullied themselves," she said, comparing the bullying and persecution of gay teens to the lynching of blacks or the extermination of Jews by the Nazis.

"We talk a lot about the importance of not judging people who are different," she said of what she talks about with her kids. "Not judging people who don't fit into our expected view of what's cool and what isn't. Think about it across the board."

By judging someone, she said, you're setting yourself up to be judged. "I think it would be interesting for everybody to try one simple experiment," she suggested. "If you want to talk about solutions or how can we solve this problem, try to get through the day, each and every one of us, without gossiping about somebody. Without gossiping about anybody. And not only that &#8212; not even listening to gossip. Walking away from it. Can you imagine what your day would be like? How much more free time you'd have? I also feel like you'd feel a lot better about yourself."

5 1 0 More »
| Comment On This Article
Madonna on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday
Photo: NBC

MORE ON MADONNA

[youtube]s251LO_L2G8[/youtube]

Last edited:
Photographer Marcus Leatherdale talk about Madonna

Born in Montrealdo, photographer Marcus Leatherdale has displayed pictures for over 20 years in galleries around the world. His work has been published in magazines like The New Yorker, Vanity Fair and Details. He photographed Madonna a very early stage of his career and talked about it for Lid Magazine:

"Madonna was the roommate of Martin Borgoyne and had come along to my studio with Martin, because Martin, a good friend of mine, wanted to be photographed with her. Nobody knew anything about it. Martin played the tape of her song "Borderline" and "Holiday," which I first heard and loved it. I dressed Madonna with my denim vest and she sat cross-legged on a stool office as a lilypad. It was purely visual... None of us in 1983 was likely to Mystism East. Good things were to come... for both of us."

marcuspeq.jpg

marcus2.jpg

marcus3.jpg

marcus4.jpg

madwq.jpg

marcus5.jpg

marcus6.jpg

marcus7.jpg

Last edited:

Madonna Game

What was the name of the video that Madonna wears a shirt that says 'Italians Do It Better' ?? NO CHEATING

I was just watching "Hollywood" and GOD I LOVE HER!

The end is awesome, when she just unplugs it. So simple yet powerful!

Trivia Question #2

What did Madonna's mother die from ? & how old was Madonna when her mom died?

How many brothers & sisters does Madonna have??

Would you object to paris and lourdes becoming friends.?? They have a lot in common age, career, family business. Lourdes have to ditch the valley girl speak. But No one can say Madonna is a bad mom.

Would you object to paris and lourdes becoming friends.?? They have a lot in common age, career, family business. Lourdes have to ditch the valley girl speak. But No one can say Madonna is a bad mom.

I think they would make GREAT best friends! Those girls are both wonderful.

Ha! I would like to see Lourdes and Frances Bean Cobain hook up lol. That would be very interesting.

^^ Hear Ms frances Bean is very normal, quite smart, and very talented. No thanks to her nutty mom ofcourse.

^^ Hear Ms frances Bean is very normal, quite smart, and very talented. No thanks to her nutty mom ofcourse.

Frances is!! Shes a lot like her dad. Quiet, normal, shy, intelligent... into fashion. was interning for stella mccartney one year but that was afew years ago.

Frances is!! Shes a lot like her dad. Quiet, normal, shy, intelligent... into fashion. was interning for stella mccartney one year but that was afew years ago.

She was featured in a magazine. Can't remember if it was this yr, or last yr. Anyway she is into ART, and getting good reviews too.

She was featured in a magazine. Can't remember if it was this yr, or last yr. Anyway she is into ART, and getting good reviews too.

yes Frances was also in Teen Vogue afew years ago. The pics are ssoooo beautiful and shes such a good, level-headed girl. Besides smoking lol. I think her mom bought her a apartment in NYC recently.

Madonna has been a global icon for decades.

Thats the understatement of the year lol. I loved her transformations through-out the years. Pre-children.

p.s I want this poster!!

wgwxn4.jpg

Last edited:

Thats the understatement of the year lol. I loved her transformations through-out the years. Pre-children.

p.s I want this poster!!

wgwxn4.jpg

LOL! That was the angry Madonna that wanted to piss everyone off. I miss her sometimes but I do appreciate her modern music more and also appreciate that she mellowed out for her children.

I'm a Madonna fan but not a HUGE one. I only have one album of hers and it's "Confessions On A Dance Floor." My oldest sister Adriane got me into her.

Back