Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

Re: Madonna

nah, we don't need yet another politically correct bullcrap pop album but what we do need is a hip / hop album. Perhaps a song with Eminem, & / or Rihanna ; kinda like that of Bedtime Stories. I think Madonna even did 1 song or a version, with Tupac. Now they would have made a hot couple back in the day lol...

I'd love for Madonna to do another Bedtime Stories album.

spin readers poll: best solo artist – madonna!

January 5th, 2011
image-readers-poll_0.jpg

Congratulations Madonna!

Madonna is ranked the Best Solo Artist in the Spin Readers Poll!
#1 Madonna
#2 Eminem
#3 Beyonce
#4 Bruce Springsteen
#5 Beck

Madonna’s Like A Prayer was also ranked #2 Best Song!

It doesn’t stop there — Madonna is ranked #3 Best Live Act and #1 Hottest Sex Goddess!

http://www.spin.com/spin25/readers-poll-spin-25-results

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

queen of pop aims to be queen of clubs

January 7th, 2011
2010-Madonna-by-Alas-Piggott-for-10.jpg

She has already opened her own chain of gymnasiums and recently launched a fashion label with daughter Lourdes. But Madonna is now planning to expand her business empire even further into the world of nightclubs after talks with potential partners in London until the early hours of this morning.

The singer, 52, is aiming to branch out into luxury entertainment with a series of bars, restaurants and clubs in the capital — and beyond.
It is understood one of the main partners with whom she is in talks is Malaysian multi-millionaire entrepreneur Tony Fernandes, who founded AirAsia and is the team principal of the Lotus Racing Team. He is also a director at Aura, the exclusive Mayfair nightclub where they met last night.
“Madonna has visited the club a number of times over the last few months, and now it is apparent why,” said a source.

“She has been in discussions with various potential partners, including Tony Fernandes. He has got the clout, experience and money to help her realise her ambition of opening a worldwide entertainment brand that would be synonymous with luxury.

“Tony and Aura organise after-show parties for Formula One Grand Prix races all over the world, and it is that sort of glitzy of market she would be aiming for.

“Things are just at the discussion stage right at the moment but it would involve opening bars, restaurants and nightclubs in London and across the world.”

Madonna, joined by her boyfriend Brahim Zaibat, dined at Automat in Dover Street last night before heading to Aura at midnight.
Dressed in a leather jacket and wearing sunglasses, the Material Girl also used her time at the club to treat her 35-strong dance team who accompany her on tour.

A source at the club said: “While she didn’t drink herself, she gave all of her dancers wristbands which meant they could help themselves at the bar. The final bill was just over £10,000.
“She took over the VIP section but was happy to mingle with the other clubbers. It’s always quite a spectacle when she brings her dancers to the club. There is a lot of competition between them and there is always a dance-off.

“She presided over proceedings as they formed a circle on the dance floor, with each taking a turn to do a solo routine in the middle.”
There was also time to discuss business, however, and Madonna and her boyfriend Brahim eventually departed at 2.45am, leaving the dancers behind.

It is not the first time the singer has branched out into the business world. Last year she announced plans for a series of gyms around the world and opened the first branch of Hard Candy Fitness in Mexico City in November.
She also recent-ly released the Material Girl clothing line, designed with Lourdes.

Source: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showb...now-aims-to-be-the-capitals-queen-of-clubs.do

Travis;3180144 said:
spin readers poll: best solo artist – madonna!

January 5th, 2011
image-readers-poll_0.jpg

Congratulations Madonna!

Madonna is ranked the Best Solo Artist in the Spin Readers Poll!
#1 Madonna
#2 Eminem
#3 Beyonce
#4 Bruce Springsteen
#5 Beck

Madonna’s Like A Prayer was also ranked #2 Best Song!

It doesn’t stop there — Madonna is ranked #3 Best Live Act and #1 Hottest Sex Goddess!

http://www.spin.com/spin25/readers-poll-spin-25-results

Of course, she is the Queen!!!!!! :wild: :wild: :wild:

Travis;3180144 said:
queen of pop aims to be queen of clubs

January 7th, 2011
2010-Madonna-by-Alas-Piggott-for-10.jpg

She has already opened her own chain of gymnasiums and recently launched a fashion label with daughter Lourdes. But Madonna is now planning to expand her business empire even further into the world of nightclubs after talks with potential partners in London until the early hours of this morning.

The singer, 52, is aiming to branch out into luxury entertainment with a series of bars, restaurants and clubs in the capital — and beyond.
It is understood one of the main partners with whom she is in talks is Malaysian multi-millionaire entrepreneur Tony Fernandes, who founded AirAsia and is the team principal of the Lotus Racing Team. He is also a director at Aura, the exclusive Mayfair nightclub where they met last night.
“Madonna has visited the club a number of times over the last few months, and now it is apparent why,” said a source.

“She has been in discussions with various potential partners, including Tony Fernandes. He has got the clout, experience and money to help her realise her ambition of opening a worldwide entertainment brand that would be synonymous with luxury.

“Tony and Aura organise after-show parties for Formula One Grand Prix races all over the world, and it is that sort of glitzy of market she would be aiming for.

“Things are just at the discussion stage right at the moment but it would involve opening bars, restaurants and nightclubs in London and across the world.”

Madonna, joined by her boyfriend Brahim Zaibat, dined at Automat in Dover Street last night before heading to Aura at midnight.
Dressed in a leather jacket and wearing sunglasses, the Material Girl also used her time at the club to treat her 35-strong dance team who accompany her on tour.

A source at the club said: “While she didn’t drink herself, she gave all of her dancers wristbands which meant they could help themselves at the bar. The final bill was just over £10,000.
“She took over the VIP section but was happy to mingle with the other clubbers. It’s always quite a spectacle when she brings her dancers to the club. There is a lot of competition between them and there is always a dance-off.

“She presided over proceedings as they formed a circle on the dance floor, with each taking a turn to do a solo routine in the middle.”
There was also time to discuss business, however, and Madonna and her boyfriend Brahim eventually departed at 2.45am, leaving the dancers behind.

It is not the first time the singer has branched out into the business world. Last year she announced plans for a series of gyms around the world and opened the first branch of Hard Candy Fitness in Mexico City in November.
She also recent-ly released the Material Girl clothing line, designed with Lourdes.

Source: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showb...now-aims-to-be-the-capitals-queen-of-clubs.do

:wild:

Lots of luck for Madge. She is a businesswoman.

I loved a lot the Madonna's music in the years'80 but after not really.

I loved a lot the Madonna's music in the years'80 but after not really.

Madonna's 80's albums are classics but the music became deeper and more artistic in the 90's to present day.

P.S. Those wanting another Bedtime Stories album should check out Hard Candy. No, they aren't the exact same type of album but you may be surprised. It's definitely more urban pop. Also, I notice there are a lot of Bedtime Stories fans at this forum. Interesting, because amongst Madonna's fans it's one of the least liked.

Madonna's 80's albums are classics but the music became deeper and more artistic in the 90's to present day.

P.S. Those wanting another Bedtime Stories album should check out Hard Candy. No, they aren't the exact same type of album but you may be surprised. It's definitely more urban pop. Also, I notice there are a lot of Bedtime Stories fans at this forum. Interesting, because amongst Madonna's fans it's one of the least liked.

Hard Candy is about 8million times better than Bedtime Stories. I'm still loving that ever since it's release. I was listeniong to 'Beat Goes On' this morning & still can't believe that wasn't a single.

BS has about 4 really great tracks, Secret & Take A Bow being stunning but I'd Rather Be Your Lover & Don't Stop are also really good.

[youtube]AvNjXeBIZuE&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]aUUtQ0hXekk[/youtube]

Last edited:

Hard Candy is about 8million times better than Bedtime Stories. I'm still loving that ever since it's release. I was listeniong to 'Beat Goes On' this morning & still can't believe that wasn't a single.

BS has about 4 really great tracks, Secret & Take A Bow being stunning but I'd Rather Be Your Lover & Don't Stop are also really good.

[youtube]AvNjXeBIZuE&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]aUUtQ0hXekk[/youtube]

I got Hard Candy but it just didn't do it for me. I was also disappointed with the Celebration album, the song choices on there. There's some songs that I think needed to be in places of certain ones - Miles Away isn't much chop and that Revolver song shouldn't have ever been there.

Although I do like Celebration (the song itself) and It's So Cool. Nice dance tunes but putting Give It 2 Me would have been absolutely killer as well as Beat Goes On to replace Revolver and Miles Away.

Nothing Really Matters is a favourite. So Tony, considering you know your Madonna, what's the next album I should check out? I like the direction Ray Of Light took.

I got Hard Candy but it just didn't do it for me. I was also disappointed with the Celebration album, the song choices on there. There's some songs that I think needed to be in places of certain ones - Miles Away isn't much chop and that Revolver song shouldn't have ever been there.

Although I do like Celebration (the song itself) and It's So Cool. Nice dance tunes but putting Give It 2 Me would have been absolutely killer as well as Beat Goes On to replace Revolver and Miles Away.

Nothing Really Matters is a favourite. So Tony, considering you know your Madonna, what's the next album I should check out? I like the direction Ray Of Light took.

Celebration was very nearly perfect for me, but yes should have had Give In 2 Me on.

If you like RoL you may like Music but it's not my bag at all. In fact I never listen to it.

For me, her best albums are (in order):

1. American Life
2. Hard Candy
3. I'm Breathless (albeit not a 'normal' Madonna album but I love it)
4. Erotica (so underrated, some real gems on here)
5. Like A Prayer
6. True Blue
7. Like A Virgin
8. Madonna
9. Ray Of Light
10. Confessions On A Dancefloor
11. Music

American Life is just brilliant. It may be her least selling but is full of brilliant songs. YouTube Mother & Father or Nothing Fails to see what I mean.

:bugeyed
Celebration was very nearly perfect for me, but yes should have had Give In 2 Me on.

If you like RoL you may like Music but it's not my bag at all. In fact I never listen to it.

For me, her best albums are (in order):

1. American Life
2. Hard Candy
3. I'm Breathless (albeit not a 'normal' Madonna album but I love it)
4. Erotica (so underrated, some real gems on here)
5. Like A Prayer
6. True Blue
7. Like A Virgin
8. Madonna
9. Ray Of Light
10. Confessions On A Dancefloor
11. Music

American Life is just brilliant. It may be her least selling but is full of brilliant songs. YouTube Mother & Father or Nothing Fails to see what I mean.

While I don't agree with your ordering of albums, we still hold much in common and I am 100% backing you on American Life being an incredible album. It has so much depth and heart. This album wasn't commercial enough for radio but it's an artistic achievement much like Ray of Light was imho (but better).

My album ordering... hmm... I'll give it a try. I'm not counting "I'm Breathless" simply because it's hard for me to classify. It's in a category all it's own and I too love it (but I have to be in a certain mood to listen).

1. American Life*****
2. Hard Candy
3. Music
4. Confessions On A Dance Floor
5. Erotica
6. Like A Prayer
7. Ray Of Light
8. True Blue
9. Madonna
10. Like A Virgin

I got Hard Candy but it just didn't do it for me. I was also disappointed with the Celebration album, the song choices on there.

I do not know, but I believe it's because that was the last albums with Warner Music. She had to fulfill the contract before go to Live Nation. I believe now with Live Nation, big projects come. :wild: :angel: :timer:

I'm gonna pick up this 'American Life next time I'm in a music shop. See what all the fuss is bout. Tony's always on about it, so I'll bet it's quite good. In a bit of a Madonna mood today. With regards 'Celebration, I think it's fantastic, but it has to be the 2-disc edition. The 1-disc is pointless because it's missing some quality tracks.

I'm gonna pick up this 'American Life next time I'm in a music shop. See what all the fuss is bout. Tony's always on about it, so I'll bet it's quite good. In a bit of a Madonna mood today. With regards 'Celebration, I think it's fantastic, but it has to be the 2-disc edition. The 1-disc is pointless because it's missing some quality tracks.

I hope you enjoy American Life as much as we do. It's a really daring project in some of the ways that Erotica was. The music itself is a total departure. Maybe that's why they both produced mediocre results in the USA. I don't think the world was ready for either album. I know Madonna doesn't often get credit for being a true artist whom influenced or changed music, BUT, I really think these two albums say otherwise. They are bold efforts and although Madonna doesn't literally play the instruments herself, she is still very involved in every aspect of her music.

Also, Celebration is a top-notch collection. Nearly perfect. I agree that it has to be the two disc version. Otherwise, too many songs are left off. Being that Madonna has more top 10's than any other artist, it's really difficult to include everything.

Getting back to Erotica, holy cow that album is amazing! I listened to it the other day from beginning to end and was blown away all over again. It's hard to believe that this album is from 1992. It's still so fresh and ahead of it's time. It's a shame that Madonna was in full force rebellion mode at the time because the music itself was pretty incredible.

I think I need to redo my favorites list.

Last edited:

If you can look for the iTunes track 'It's So Cool', It's like Celebration but I like it better. Then the two remixes of Celebration and then all the audio tracks from the Celebration DVD makes a hell of a collection.

If you can look for the iTunes track 'It's So Cool', It's like Celebration but I like it better. Then the two remixes of Celebration and then all the audio tracks from the Celebration DVD makes a hell of a collection.

What album/single is 'It's So Cool from? How will I get the audio from the dvd collection? Christ, this is gonna be a right project for me. I love this idea of yours though, as a lot of the time the music on video versions of songs is different/better/longer. Awesome idea.

Cheers Drew. I would appreciate that a lot. If I can return the favour in anyway, let me know. :~)

"It's So Cool" is an iTunes only bonus track for the collection 'Celebration'. Here's the address to download the album, including all bonus tracks:

Celebration

Part 1:
http://rapidshare.com/#!download|259l3|282871777|Madonna_-_Celebration__2009_Retail_.part1.rar|159823

Part 2:
http://rapidshare.com/#!download|28l3|282873227|Madonna_-_Celebration__2009_Retail_.part2.rar|109196

You can find the audio only to the 'Celebration' video collection here:

Celebration DVD Audio:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V7TNHFHV

P.S. You're welcome! ;)

^^^ Travis, A million thank you's. I'm rediscovering Madonna. I sold a few of her albums a few years ago (big mistake) but I needed the cash. But it's a good time to buy her back catalogue as cds are cheap in these times, plus I've noticed a re-issue range of Madges back cat. Still can't believe I sold 'Ray Of Light, one of my favourite albums of the 90's. Shame on me. But I've got a few and I'm now gonna build the entire collection and own every album.

As of right now, I own "Celebation 2-disc, The Immaculate Collection, GHV2 (all Hits collections) Confessions On A Dance Floor, Hard Candy. Live DVD's 'The Girlie Show, Im Going To Tell You A Secret, The Confessions Tour. The Ultimate Collection 2-dvd boxset containing The Immaculate Collection & The Video Collection 93 : 99.

So I've got a way to go. I've also wanted to get my hands on the Sex book for ages (wrapped in the foil).

*Edit* Travis, part 2 of rapidshare? do I have to register or someting? theres an upload box but when I click that, a blank window pops up? I'm not the best at this lol.

Last edited:

^^^ Travis, A million thank you's. I'm rediscovering Madonna. I sold a few of her albums a few years ago (big mistake) but I needed the cash. But it's a good time to buy her back catalogue as cds are cheap in these times, plus I've noticed a re-issue range of Madges back cat. Still can't believe I sold 'Ray Of Light, one of my favourite albums of the 90's. Shame on me. But I've got a few and I'm now gonna build the entire collection and own every album.

As of right now, I own "Celebation 2-disc, The Immaculate Collection, GHV2 (all Hits collections) Confessions On A Dance Floor, Hard Candy. Live DVD's 'The Girlie Show, Im Going To Tell You A Secret, The Confessions Tour. The Ultimate Collection 2-dvd boxset containing The Immaculate Collection & The Video Collection 93 : 99.

So I've got a way to go. I've also wanted to get my hands on the Sex book for ages (wrapped in the foil).

*Edit* Travis, part 2 of rapidshare? do I have to register or someting? theres an upload box but when I click that, a blank window pops up? I'm not the best at this lol.

I'm very happy to help. I love introducing possible new fans to Madonna's rich catalog and re-introducing old fans like yourself.

P.S. Did you get everything figured out and downloaded?

Annoying how they didn't put the proper 'American Life' video on the compilation - it was so nearly a complete collection.

Has anyone got details on a new album yet?

I'm hoping for something acoustic & breezy, songs like One More Chance, Nothing Fails...

Travis;3215558 said:
Getting back to Erotica, holy cow that album is amazing! I listened to it the other day from beginning to end and was blown away all over again. It's hard to believe that this album is from 1992. It's still so fresh and ahead of it's time.

Yes :wild: :punk:... I love all the songs from Erotica. :wub: And every time I hear "Why's it so hard"... always makes me think of Michael. :(

And....

Heard some great Madonna news yesterday. Can't stop thinking bout it. One the fans will be VERY happy about. Can't say yet though! #tease

6:16 AM Jan 29th via ÜberTwitter
http://twitter.com/deanpiper
http://www.deanpiper.com/

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

Ah there ya go. On Rapidshare, you hit the box that pops up in the lower-right hand corner that says Slow Download, then just wait for however long it is.

Hey fella.Nothing is popping up.Theres a little box in the lower right hand that says ssl off, I clicked that,now it says ssl on and it's green.Theres also another little box that pops up when I click on the link that says 'file not found. I'll try and figure it out. If not,my girlfriend is back tomorrow night,so she'll be able to help. Of course I bet it's something small I'm not doing,as always with these bloody things.

I'm very happy to help. I love introducing possible new fans to Madonna's rich catalog and re-introducing old fans like yourself.

P.S. Did you get everything figured out and downloaded?

Apart from the above,which I mentioned to Drew, I've downloaded the first part of that rapidshare but still need to convert the file. I'm waiting for the 2nd part.

But I'm sorted with the 'Celebration dvd collection, which is amazingly brilliant. I have that on, start to finish, non-stop! All 47 tracks are fantastic! It's an incredible collection, which has reminded me yet again of her genius as an innovative pop star thats managed to push her sound forward and remain contemporary,relevant and progressive within pop-music and leaves the popst-hers who aspire to be like her, look like a bunch of grade school children that are lost in the playground, that is pop. She's probably more relevent today than ever.
Anyone and everyone who likes music should own Celebration at the very least. Even if your not a fan, you can't help but adimre the music. I am a fan and it is awesome!!!!

I listened to "Why's It So Hard" the other night. That's a great song. I agree with Travis. 'Erotica' is an amazing album and it is very underrated. I applaud Madonna for not being afraid to express herself. She's got more guts to tell it like it is than many people. I also listened to "Like It Or Not" from 'Confession on a Dancefloor.' It's like she wrote that song based on my own feelings. I'm looking forward to her next album. :)

I listened to "Why's It So Hard" the other night. That's a great song. I agree with Travis. 'Erotica' is an amazing album and it is very underrated. I applaud Madonna for not being afraid to express herself. She's got more guts to tell it like it is than many people. I also listened to "Like It Or Not" from 'Confession on a Dancefloor.' It's like she wrote that song based on my own feelings. I'm looking forward to her next album. :)

I listened to Erotica in full for the first time in ages the other week and love it (except for Secret Garden....goes on for aagges!).

Songs like Erotica, Deeper & Deeper, Bad Girl, Bye Bye Baby, Why's It So Hard, In This Life and of course the sublime Rain are all brilliant.

I think this why 'The Girlie Show' will always be my favourite concert of hers as well.

I listened to Erotica in full for the first time in ages the other week and love it (except for Secret Garden....goes on for aagges!).

Songs like Erotica, Deeper & Deeper, Bad Girl, Bye Bye Baby, Why's It So Hard, In This Life and of course the sublime Rain are all brilliant.

I think this why 'The Girlie Show' will always be my favourite concert of hers as well.

Secret Garden isn't that long. Gonna pick up American Life this weekend.

Back