Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

Re: Madonna

Do you remember this?

So politically incorrect!!!!!! I hate smoking, but let's say it: she IS like NO OTHER!!!!

Wow.

There would definetly be no Gaga without this woman right here!

The Queen. :heart:

Wow.

There would definetly be no Gaga without this woman right here!

The Queen. :heart:

yes, she is the Queen!! :D
to be honest, the talking of Gaga being the new Madonna is so boring.
We had Grace Jones before.
We had Cindy Lauper before.
and for those who don't know those singers, let's remember we just had Kathy Perry and her strange things just a few months before Gaga.

I like Gaga's music very, very much. I really do. But I hope she will make a name for herself, not for being "the-new-someone".

.... and off topic I went....

:no:

back on topic, talking about Vouge??

Enjoy!

I looove blonde ambition tour. I was about maybe 5 or 6 when it came out and i have it on vhs but I have a hard time looking for it like on amazon. never tried ebay...her and warren beatty were a hot couple.

Blonde Ambition tour is probably my all-time favorite too, probably for nostalgic reasons. That tour and era is so iconic for Madonna. After all, when people think of MJ, they think of a single glove and when people think of Madonna, they think of a cone bra.

I think when Madonna leaves this Earth (God forbid) that people will realize more than ever how great an artist she truly is. Unfortunately, it's not until the treasure is gone that you realize how exceptional it was.

Blonde Ambition was amazing. But for me it will always be The Girlie Show.

I just loved the way she mixed up her old hits on there. Express Yourself, Rain, Holiday & Justify My Love were all sublime.

Re-invention was also classic, closest to a Greatest Hits tour she's done.

Blonde Ambition tour is probably my all-time favorite too, probably for nostalgic reasons. That tour and era is so iconic for Madonna. After all, when people think of MJ, they think of a single glove and when people think of Madonna, they think of a cone bra.

God bless Jean-Paul Gaultier!

lol!!!!!!! :lol:
but then.... soooo true!!!! :yes:

back on topic, talking about Vouge??

Enjoy!
Wow! This performance is incredible. :wild: :wild: :wild:

The dress is beautiful!

madonna_mtv.jpg

:wild: :wild: :wild:

I think when Madonna leaves this Earth (God forbid) that people will realize more than ever how great an artist she truly is. Unfortunately, it's not until the treasure is gone that you realize how exceptional it was.
1000% :agree:

And............

Some fan was this exhibition of items of Madonna in 2009?

simplymadonna-exhibition-flyer1.jpg

:wild: :wild: :wild:

Last edited:

Do you remember this?

So politically incorrect!!!!!! I hate smoking, but let's say it: she IS like NO OTHER!!!!

Or when she smoked a cigar on Letterman. Heh!

I should hate Madonna but all these years I just couldn't. She makes me laugh. I guess I wish I had some of her chutzpa and attitude. Sure, I'm not crazy about everything she's done but for the most part, she's entertaining.

When I see Lady Gaga I just see someone who copies.

I should hate Madonna but all these years I just couldn't. She makes me laugh. I guess I wish I had some of her chutzpa and attitude. Sure, I'm not crazy about everything she's done but for the most part, she's entertaining.

:lol:
yes, she does!!!!

Here's another amazing performance from the Blonde Ambition era. This one happens to be at the 1990 Academy Awards, in which Madonna attended with her date, the one and only Michael Jackson. It's very special to me. I've always loved this performance for her vocals. She does one hell of a job. Madonna usually tries to be provocative and ironic, but here, she is just singing and it's at the height of her infamy which makes it ultra special.

Here's another amazing performance from the Blonde Ambition era. This one happens to be at the 1990 Academy Awards, in which Madonna attended with her date, the one and only Michael Jackson. It's very special to me. I've always loved this performance for her vocals. She does one hell of a job. Madonna usually tries to be provocative and ironic, but here, she is just singing and it's at the height of her infamy which makes it ultra special.

[youtube]sKw-y7ZqMyw[/youtube]

Madonna-and-Michael-Jackson-madonna-6882001-444-483.jpg

Madonna_833296a.jpg

286971.jpg

article-1216021-0694EDE4000005DC-686_468x660.jpg

crazy_kermit.gif

Madonna was dressed like Marilyn Monroe. Madonna and Michael were so beautiful. :wild:

Michael and Madonna together stole the limelight all the celebrities at the Academy Awards. That night was definitely of Michael and Madonna. I can imagine how the press and photographers went crazy when they saw the two together. :wild:

Last edited:

Beautiful performace. :wub:

It almost sounded as though the words of the song (as well as the entire performance) was directed toward Michael. :heart:

She wanted him soooo bad!!!

Madonna_833296a.jpg

crazy_kermit.gif

Madonna was dressed like Marilyn Monroe. Madonna and Michael were so beautiful. :wild:

Michael and Madonna together stole the limelight all the celebrities at the Academy Awards. That night was definitely of Michael and Madonna. I can imagine how the press and photographers went crazy when they saw the two together. :wild:

what a night.
I remember the shock around this.
people went crazy. fans went crazy.
they wanted to have them going out and maybe having an affair.
king and queen together for once.
I wish they had been on stage together just once!!!!!!!!!!!
can you imagine that???? :wild::wild::wild::wild:
they are so different, and then, so much the same. So unique and so original. So smart!!!!!

there are many, many things I don't agree with Madonna, but when it comes to her music.... :cheers:

Her performance that night.... brilliant.
It was just HER and a microphone.
and see what she can get!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

It almost sounded as though the words of the song (as well as the entire performance) was directed toward Michael. :heart:

I realized that too. And at the end of the song when she throws a kiss toward where Michael is sitting, I'm sure she had a big fall by the Michael at that time. :shifty: :naughty:

what a night.
I remember the shock around this.
people went crazy. fans went crazy.
they wanted to have them going out and maybe having an affair.
king and queen together for once.
I wish they had been on stage together just once!!!!!!!!!!!
can you imagine that???? :wild::wild::wild::wild:
they are so different, and then, so much the same. So unique and so original. So smart!!!!!

there are many, many things I don't agree with Madonna, but when it comes to her music.... :cheers:

Her performance that night.... brilliant.
It was just HER and a microphone.
and see what she can get!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Yes!!!!!!!!

crazy_kermit.gif

I love this performance too. But I confess that I really like "Vogue" from "Stick & Sweet Tour." I watched this concert here in Brazil and it was amazing to see Madonna at 50 years old with so much energy. :eek: :wild:

I love this performance too. But I confess that I really like "Vogue" from "Stick & Sweet Tour." I watched this concert here in Brazil and it was amazing to see Madonna at 50 years old with so much energy. :eek: :wild:

Me too!!!!!! One of my favorite Madonna performances, period.

Here it is in all it's glory:

Madonna-and-Michael-Jackson-madonna-6882001-444-483.jpg

Madonna_833296a.jpg

286971.jpg

crazy_kermit.gif

I know, they sure are/were charismatic separately but these appearances together were magical (although their personalities seriously clashed which I find hilarious). I sure wish I could turn back time and relive all these great moments in TV/music history....and being young again would be nice too, lol.

I thought that too while watching this video. I bet he was the one guy she couldn't get. Good for you MJ!

crazy_kermit.gif

That was the day that I watched the show (December 18, 2008):

[youtube]zMckd0sC0ow&feature[/youtube]

Wonderful memories of this show here in Brazil. :wub:

I hope she comes back to Brazil! :wild: :wild: :wild:

It was so beautiful the whole stadium singing Vogue! :wild:

I thought that too while watching this video. I bet he was the one guy she couldn't get. Good for you MJ!
Yes! :wild:

:shifty:

My turn was on December 10th, 2008.
Her first time ever in Chile.
WHAT A SHOW.

maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!! I love her version of Vouge, a master piece!!!! :wild:

and what amazes me the most is they way she reinvents herself all the time. See! This song has some 20 years now :)bugeyed) and it sounds and looks fresh as new. We could made a thread with different versions of Vouge and that would be an amazing thread!!

And the same applies to many more.

Another presentation I love, one of my fav songs of all times: EXPRESS YOURSELF, MTV 1989. I spent countless hours trying to mimic her moves... never got it right, but still amazing great times!!!!!!!

I think every girl has tried to mimic Madonna's moves at least ONCE in their lifetime. :lol:

I spent countless hours trying to mimic her moves... never got it right, but still amazing great times!!!!!!!

I used to try to mimic the moves from parts of her Lucky Star video. I've never been much of a dancer but her moves were fun. I know, that particular choreography wasn't all that complicated, hehe.

I spent countless hours trying to mimic her moves... never got it right, but still amazing great times!!!!!!!
I think every girl has tried to mimic Madonna's moves at least ONCE in their lifetime. :lol:
I used to try to mimic the moves from parts of her Lucky Star video. I've never been much of a dancer but her moves were fun. I know, that particular choreography wasn't all that complicated, hehe.
Nobody ever tried to do the choreography of Vogue? :unsure:

:wild:

Nobody ever tried to do the choreography of Vogue? :unsure:

me, me, me!!!
a million times plus one :ph34r:
(that I got to manged a bit better)

this made me remember my endless hours alone at home, dancing and singing on my own. Madonna, Janet, Michael, George Michael, Prince ... uuuuuuu.... you name it!! If it had some good sound, then I was dancing, but only on my own.
lol!! It made me so happy!!! and I was in perfect weight :D

Haha nope, I don't think I ever tried the Vogue moves. :D

me, me, me!!!
a million times plus one :ph34r:
(that I got to manged a bit better)

this made me remember my endless hours alone at home, dancing and singing on my own. Madonna, Janet, Michael, George Michael, Prince ... uuuuuuu.... you name it!! If it had some good sound, then I was dancing, but only on my own.
lol!! It made me so happy!!! and I was in perfect weight :D
I've tried several times and I never got. :lol: Only Madonna can do!

[youtube]SZfXIms0S_4[/youtube]

[youtube]x-Q33SYQubE&feature[/youtube]

[youtube]VXwio6Zwxig[/youtube]

What is the most difficult? lol! :wild:

For me, is the choreography of Blond Ambition. :bugeyed I do not like the choreography of the The Girlie Show.

Back