Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

Re: Madonna

I agree that MJ's best work was in the 90's, but that's only because we didn't get to hear his next album as he had planned to do.

As for Janet, most certainly her best work was in the 90's. She was on fire. Every album was better than the previous. "Velvet Rope" is her masterpiece and was the peak of her creativity.

I said 90s because Dangerous is his best released album. It honestly was his artistic peak. The influences from many genres and the many different themes on the album is classic.

52!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:wild: :wild: :wild:

30lkpr4.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/16/article-1303369-0ACC7F93000005DC-452_224x600_popup.jpg

Madonna years younger as she arrived for a birthday celebration at Shoreditch House in London last night in a grey Dolce and Gabbana dress

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...t-stood-test-time-face.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

52 and still turning heads. Happy birthday to the one and only Queen of Pop, Madonna! I love you!

Btw gorgeous pics! Here's some more...

40176453078200338729282.jpg

39759453097740338729282.jpg

40176453078215338729282.jpg

why isn't she smiling? she doesn't look too happy.. Her arms scare me too.. they're way too manly looking

why isn't she smiling? she doesn't look too happy.. Her arms scare me too.. they're way too manly looking

She was simply stepping out of a car. I wouldn't read too much in to it. Also, we all know Madonna is super buff and that's why her arms are so fierce.

There's literally hundreds to choose from, but I think this has to be my favourite live Madonna performance.

[youtube]1LJYyZBJO_I[/youtube]

If you don't like Madonna, why come in a thread which is dedicated to her fans and make ignorant comments about her appearance? Ignore the thread

why Her arms scare me too.. they're way too manly looking
There's no such thing as "manly" arms. Muscle has no gender. By your logic, then a man with arms that are flabby or thin has "woman" arms.

52 and still turning heads. Happy birthday to the one and only Queen of Pop, Madonna! I love you!

Btw gorgeous pics! Here's some more...

40176453078200338729282.jpg

39759453097740338729282.jpg

40176453078215338729282.jpg
As always, beautiful and gorgeous. :wild: :clapping: I loved that dress.

There's literally hundreds to choose from, but I think this has to be my favourite live Madonna performance.

[youtube]1LJYyZBJO_I[/youtube]
I love this performance of Express Yourself, but I still prefer the version from the Blond Ambition Tour.

ba_ey01.jpg

[youtube]Mf68xwr_V_s[/youtube]

Choreography (Vincent Paterson (Thriller) was the choreographer of the Blond Ambition tour. :wild:) and costumes (congratulations Jean Paul Gaultier! :clapping:) are perfect! :wild:

Last edited:

her hands are even worse, hands always tend ro reveal the real age of a person.. guess Hollywood hasnt come up with ''hand botox'' .. many aging celebs have the same problem as Madge

Oh Father

DAUGHTER IN VIDEO!!

This just turned me on!!

Last edited:

Oh Father

DAUGHTER IN VIDEO!!

This just turned me on!!

I just love piano covers of pop songs. "Live To Tell" is even more haunting by piano. I used to practice this song a little on my old keyboard back in the day (when I had the interest in playing). I was looking for some piano covers of Michael's songs recently but couldn't find anything good.

Madonna's voice is underrated. It is has a VERY beautiful tonality. I personally define a "great singer" more by their tone than their range.

Madonna's voice is underrated. It is has a VERY beautiful tonality. I personally define a "great singer" more by their tone than their range.

I agree. It's about using what you got to the fullest extent, and she definitely does. For someone who obviously doesn't have the vocal dynamics of a young Whitney or Mariah, she's done it all and very well. Madonna's voice has gone from very raw to pure and refined over the years.

What turned me into a Madonna fan was her originality. Constantly surrounded by the ballads and soppy love songs of Mariah and Whitney, I was annoyed I hadn't got into her stuff sooner!

BREAKING NEWS: LAWSUIT ON WAY

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Madonna has been hit with a lawsuit over her new "Material Girl" fashion line for teenagers by a California clothing company that says it has been using the name since 1997.

L.A Triumph filed a lawsuit against the pop superstar in the California Central District court on Thursday, just two weeks after the Madonna line went on sale in Macy's.

The company said in its suit that it has been "continually selling similar clothes in similar retail outlets at similar price points under their Material Girl brand since at least 1997, and Madonna and her newfound company do not have the right to trade in the same space under this brand."

Madonna teamed up with her 13 year-old daughter Lourdes to design the 1980s inspired clothing line, which borrows from the pop star's punk-girl style when she rose to fame in the 1980s and earned the moniker, material girl.

"Gossip Girl" star Taylor Momsen is the face of the brand.

L.A. Triumph wants the judge to rule that Madonna's use of "Material Girl" creates "deception" in the marketplace. It is also asking for Madonna and her company to turn over all the profits from their line.

Macy's on Friday declined to comment on the litigation. Madonna's spokeswoman could not immediately be reached.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

Copyright 2010 Reuters News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

BREAKING NEWS: LAWSUIT ON WAY

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Madonna has been hit with a lawsuit over her new "Material Girl" fashion line for teenagers by a California clothing company that says it has been using the name since 1997.

L.A Triumph filed a lawsuit against the pop superstar in the California Central District court on Thursday, just two weeks after the Madonna line went on sale in Macy's.

The company said in its suit that it has been "continually selling similar clothes in similar retail outlets at similar price points under their Material Girl brand since at least 1997, and Madonna and her newfound company do not have the right to trade in the same space under this brand."

Madonna teamed up with her 13 year-old daughter Lourdes to design the 1980s inspired clothing line, which borrows from the pop star's punk-girl style when she rose to fame in the 1980s and earned the moniker, material girl.

"Gossip Girl" star Taylor Momsen is the face of the brand.

L.A. Triumph wants the judge to rule that Madonna's use of "Material Girl" creates "deception" in the marketplace. It is also asking for Madonna and her company to turn over all the profits from their line.

Macy's on Friday declined to comment on the litigation. Madonna's spokeswoman could not immediately be reached.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

Copyright 2010 Reuters News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

That case will be thrown out so fast. I especially love the part where they demand all earning from the new clothing line. Haha! Madonna coined the term, which became her nickname, a LOOOOONG time ago with her hit song of the same name, "Material Girl". :doh:

That law suit sounds ridiculous. Didn't Beyonce also get sued this week for her beauty line, or something? It's almost becoming a trend.:laugh:

Wow, Rihanna CAN SING!

Yes!!! :wild:
but too bad she can't dance :no:
this is the first time I see her on stage (I like some of her hits, but I had never taken the time to look for their videos) and by the sound of their music, I thought she was such a dancer :doh:

good cover, indeed!!! I liked it very much and I liked the mix and Rihanna's voice.

Do you remember this?

So politically incorrect!!!!!! I hate smoking, but let's say it: she IS like NO OTHER!!!!

Back