Mark Lester:"Michael is raring to go!"

davidbow1e

Proud Member
MARK LESTER SPEAKS ABOUT JACKSON'S COMEBACK PERFORMANCES

FORMER child star Mark Lester has dismissed rumours that his pal Michael *Jackson may not be up to a string of comeback concerts this summer.

Mark, 49, who rose to fame in Oliver!, said: ‘‘Michael is absolutely fine and there should be no concerns over his health.

“I have spent a lot of time with him while he has been over here and I can assure you he is very fit and well. He can’t wait to get back to Los Angeles to begin rehearsals.

“He has been talking about doing a lot of new stuff, not music, but dance routines, so I think people will be quite surprised by his shows. He wants to pull together all the talent he can. He is raring to go.”

Mark was 1 when he starred in the film of Lionel Bart’s musical film but now works as an osteopath in Gloucestershire.

When the Jackson Five *visited London more than 30 years ago, the young Michael asked to meet him and they have stayed friends.

Jackson is godfather to his four children, Lucy, 17, Harriet, 15, Olivia, 13 and Felix, nine from Mark’s marriage to his first wife Jane. He later married psychiatric nurse Lisa, 35.

On Friday night the Lesters went with Jackson and his children Prince Michael, 12, and Paris, 11, to the latest version of Oliver! in the West End, starring Rowan Atkinson, on Friday.

The 50-year-old singer was mobbed by fans, recalling his glory days before the sex abuse allegations.

“We all had a fantastic time at the theatre,” said Mark. “Michael said Oliver! is still his favourite musical and he was singing along to some of the songs.

Afterwards we went backstage and met the cast, which he greatly enjoyed. He said he is really loving his time in London and is very pleased by the welcome.

“My children get on very well with his and we have all been having a great time. My kids can’t wait for the *concerts.”

Rumours began about Jackson’s health when he was seen coming out of a clinic in Los Angeles in a wheelchair after reportedly contracting the superbug MRSA, a claim later denied by his staff.

US author Ian Halperin, who posed as a hairdresser to get close to the singer for a book to be published in the UK soon, said: “When I saw him he looked frail and weak. At that time I did not think he would be able to perform an exhausting concert. It will be fascinating to see if he can get back in shape .

“I think when the adrenalin starts pumping he will be OK but I don’t think the dance *routines will be as spectacular in the past.”

Halperin also claimed that Jackson wears a wig in public. “I saw him without the wig and he has short cropped salt and pepper hair like millions of other men in their 50s,” he said.

“It was a bit like seeing a clown with his make up off.”

When Jackson announced his “This is it” concerts at the 02 arena he looked his trademark self, with long thick dark hair.

Rob Hallett, president of promoters AEG Live International, said of the wig claim: “I can categorically deny that. .”

He also said ***** had a full check-up to see if he was fit for the 10 live shows that will earn him £50million.

“He’s fitter than I’ll ever be. His cholesterol levels, his blood, everything was perfect and we got the *insurance,” said Mr Hallett.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/88232/Jackson-s-raring-to-go-says-child-star-friend

Sunday Express UK News

Re: Michael is raring to go!

That's aweeesomeeeee!

Bring on July!! :D

God I really do not like that Ian Halperin guy at all, he is a liar and complete jerk and still seems to be plugging his pathetic book.

On a more positive note though I'm really happy that Mark Lester and MJ met up and that he had an awesome time watching Oliver. Mark Lester is such a cool guy and good friend to MJ, he's never afraid to stand up for the man :). I'm really excited about the concerts and all the surprise things he has planned for us :).

Last edited:

more positive and great news!!

Lovely.

Ian Halperin better stop playing with those AEG guys.

MJ may ignore all of his nonsense stories, but the folks over at the AEG might not be so forgiving. I notice how different fractions of that organization have spoken up in the past few days to dispell rumors and such.

over all.. I got some positive things out of the article... and Ian Halpern will go on the list with DDimond..............sick crazies...

over all.. I got some positive things out of the article... and Ian Halpern will go on the list with DDimond..............sick crazies...

Totally agree....Ian Halpern can go to hell.

But lets forget him....this is all good and positive. I love Mark Lester, he always keeps it real. I have a lovely image of Marks children playing with Prince, Paris and Blanket. How wonderful.

Great news (well, except the part about Halpern, couldn't they leave that crap out of the article? This sicko doesn't need more attention.)

Except for the Halperin mention, this was very positive.

Might not be a bad idea to add to the thread's title indicating Mark Lester talking about Michael since the Oliver show?

AHHHH! I hate Halperin. Can he just go away?!?!??!

But yeah, loved the rest of the article :) Mark seems like a good friend (from the article, lol), that's good.
And thank you Rob for shutting those haters down!!!!!

I thought this article was very positive, very pro Michael Jackson. Though I did find the this "The 50-year-old singer was mobbed by fans, recalling his glory days before the sex abuse allegations.", quite funny because Michael's never stopped being mobbed by fans. If anything since 1993 Michael being mobbed by fans has become even more intense.

This author Ian Halperin, seems very negative. It will be in Michael's best interest to sue him even though I don't think people will take his crappy book seriously.

“It was a bit like seeing a clown with his make up off.”

Well, the clown is Ian for still going on his lie. It doesn't matter though because Mike is ready to do his thing. That is all that matters.

When I read the rehearsal part, I was effing excited. Wouldn't it be so awesome if pics of the rehearsals were leaked?! Ahhhhh!!! Man, when that happens......

Mike has been mobbed during his legal mess. Let's not forget the trial. The laughable media loves to forget those things. But what is new regarding the pathetic media?

Overall, I am excited about Mike and I wish him nothing but the best. BTW, the article forgot to mentioned that Blanklet was there as well and Paris is not 11 yet. The article would have been much better without the lies, but what do you expect from haters? They have to find something negative on Mike because they realized that they cannot destroy him.

That kinds bothers me.

Why? Read the rest of the article. You should be happy that MJ is still performing.

I was wondering when someone was going to pick up on this quote!!

He has been talking about doing a lot of new stuff, not music
That kinds bothers me.

I dont think you need to, i think what Mark is referring to is what he has been working on lately. One of the reasons is i think that the album and singles are ready and done. Just think its a matter of time now before we hear more.

Look at the new message off Mike! It says everything to me.

Terry

MARK LESTER SPEAKS ABOUT JACKSON'S COMEBACK PERFORMANCES

Jackson is godfather to his four children, Lucy, 17, Harriet, 15, Olivia, 13 and Felix, nine from Mark’s marriage to his first wife Jane. He later married psychiatric nurse Lisa, 35.

Ain't his family big enough?

Nice interview with Mark. Thanks for posting. :flowers:

Too bad they had to chase after Diane Demon's lovespawn for commentary. His crap has the same slimy stench as hers. I wouldn't be surprised if she's somehow involved with his foolishness. :ermm: If he knew any better he'd take a look at her and all the others who've talked crap and done crap to MJ over the years and leave the man alone. Going by the incredible response for the London concerts, it continues to show how there's not much anyone can say or do to tarnish him irreparably and turn anyone with any kind of sense against Michael. So regardless of all their little nasty and hateful stories/lies, when it comes down to it, seems most people don't really give a ish. Translation: There's no real future in trashing MJ. Most people have seen and heard it all now...and they've moved on. Ian needs to get give it up and get a real job. Demon knows. Her book sold how many copies? :lol: ALLLLL those years wasted and alllll that time lost. And MJ moves on with practically everything he started out with. Gotta love it! :D

Halperin also claimed that Jackson wears a wig in public. “I saw him without the wig and he has short cropped salt and pepper hair like millions of other men in their 50s,” he said.

Euhmm " cropped salt and pepper " Can someone tell me what that is ? :smilerolleyes:

Euhmm " cropped salt and pepper " Can someone tell me what that is ? :smilerolleyes:

Means short hair that's dark mixing with gray or white, as most hair color changes as we age. Think Barack Obama. Many people have weaves or similar, but "wig" in the true sense I don't buy in this case.

And so what regardless of what he does with his hair, dang. Enough dissecting of what he chooses or doesn't choose to do from these ridiculous media whores.

Dont know if anyone heard on the radio today , but they were saying that michael is going to be singing live at the o2 concerts, no lip synching at all , completely live. So that pleases me very much.:)

I have spent a lot of time with him while he has been over here and I can assure you he is very fit and well. He can’t wait to get back to Los Angeles to begin rehearsals.
“He has been talking about doing a lot of new stuff, not music, but dance routines, so I think people will be quite surprised by his shows. He wants to pull together all the talent he can. He is raring to go.”
“We all had a fantastic time at the theatre,” said Mark. “Michael said Oliver! is still his favourite musical and he was singing along to some of the songs.

Afterwards we went backstage and met the cast, which he greatly enjoyed. He said he is really loving his time in London and is very pleased by the welcome.
“My children get on very well with his and we have all been having a great time. My kids can’t wait for the *concerts.”
:flowers: Sweet, sweet:wub: Thanx for posting davidbow1. Looking forward to see the new dance routines and everything else! I'm happy Mike and his kids enjoyed staying in the UK.
This Ian guy just won't stop...I hope the media stops giving him the attention that he needs the most.

P.S. What does "he's raring to go" mean?? I'm not a native speaker of English, so I'd appreciate help with the sentence.

Back